- v. 拿；取；执行；需要；接受；理解；修(课程)；花费；吃（喝）；认为；搭乘
- n. 拿取；取得物
- vt. 带(去),携带 carry sb/sth from one place to another
- vt. 拿,取,抓 seize with the hand and hold
- vt. 需要,花费 need (a period of time); spend
- vt. 学习,教 study sth; teach sb or give sb lessons or instructions
- vt. 取得,接受,容纳 get; accept or receive
- vt. 买下,租用 buy; rent
- vt. 吃,喝,服 swallow; eat or drink
- vt. 乘车,上船 use as a way of getting from one place to another
- vt. 测定,量; 拍 test or measure sth; photograph sb/sth
- vt. 记录,记下 write down
- vt. 理解,领会 understand
- vt. 对待,认为 have the stated feelings as to; consider
- vt. 占有,获得 get for oneself
- vi. 起作用; 获得预期效果 have the intended effect; work successfully
- [S]捕获量; 收入额 amount of fish or game; amount of money, taken or received
- [C]电影镜头 a scene that has been or is to be photographed for a moving picture
the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property;
"the average return was about 5%"
the act of photographing a scene or part of a scene without interruption
require (time or space);
"It took three hours to get to work this morning"
"This event occupied a very short time"
take somebody somewhere;
"We lead him to our chief"
"can you take me to the main entrance?"
"He conducted us to the palace"
get into one's hands, take physically;
"Take a cookie!"
"Can you take this bag, please"
take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect;
"His voice took on a sad tone"
"The story took a new turn"
"he adopted an air of superiority"
"She assumed strange manners"
"The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression;
"I read this address as a satire"
"How should I take this message?"
"You can't take credit for this!"
take something or somebody with oneself somewhere;
"Bring me the box from the other room"
"Take these letters to the boss"
"This brings me to the main point"
take into one's possession;
"We are taking an orphan from Romania"
"I'll take three salmon steaks"
travel or go by means of a certain kind of transportation, or a certain route;
"He takes the bus to work"
"She takes Route 1 to Newark"
pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives;
"Take any one of these cards"
"Choose a good husband for your daughter"
"She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her"
receive willingly something given or offered;
"The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter"
"I won't have this dog in my house!"
"Please accept my present"
assume, as of positions or roles;
"She took the job as director of development"
"he occupies the position of manager"
"the young prince will soon occupy the throne"
take into consideration for exemplifying purposes;
"Take the case of China"
"Consider the following case"
require as useful, just, or proper;
"It takes nerve to do what she did"
"success usually requires hard work"
"This job asks a lot of patience and skill"
"This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"
"This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"
"This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
experience or feel or submit to;
"Take a test"
"Take the plunge"
make a film or photograph of something;
"take a scene"
"shoot a movie"
remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract;
"remove a threat"
"remove a wrapper"
"Remove the dirty dishes from the table"
"take the gun from your pocket"
"This machine withdraws heat from the environment"
serve oneself to, or consume regularly;
"Have another bowl of chicken soup!"
"I don't take sugar in my coffee"
accept or undergo, often unwillingly;
"We took a pay cut"
make use of or accept for some purpose;
"take a risk"
"take an opportunity"
take by force;
"Hitler took the Baltic Republics"
"The army took the fort on the hill"
occupy or take on;
"He assumes the lotus position"
"She took her seat on the stage"
"We took our seats in the orchestra"
"She took up her position behind the tree"
"strike a pose"
admit into a group or community;
"accept students for graduate study"
"We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
ascertain or determine by measuring, computing or take a reading from a dial;
"take a pulse"
"A reading was taken of the earth's tremors"
be a student of a certain subject;
"She is reading for the bar exam"
take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs;
"the accident claimed three lives"
"The hard work took its toll on her"
head into a specified direction;
"The escaped convict took to the hills"
"We made for the mountains"
point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards;
"Please don't aim at your little brother!"
"He trained his gun on the burglar"
"Don't train your camera on the women"
"Take a swipe at one's opponent"
be seized or affected in a specified way;
"be taken drunk"
have with oneself; have on one's person;
"She always takes an umbrella"
"I always carry money"
"She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains"
engage for service under a term of contract;
"We took an apartment on a quiet street"
"Let's rent a car"
"Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
receive or obtain regularly;
"We take the Times every day"
"I'll take a pound of that sausage"
to get into a position of having, e.g., safety, comfort;
"take shelter from the storm"
have sex with; archaic use;
"He had taken this woman when she was most vulnerable"
lay claim to; as of an idea;
"She took credit for the whole idea"
be designed to hold or take;
"This surface will not take the dye"
be capable of holding or containing;
"This box won't take all the items"
"The flask holds one gallon"
develop a habit;
"He took to visiting bars"
proceed along in a vehicle;
"We drive the turnpike to work"
obtain by winning;
"Winner takes all"
"He took first prize"
be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness;
"He got AIDS"
"She came down with pneumonia"
"She took a chill"
- Please take the trash to the garbage can.
- Take money from the bank when needed.
- We are ready to take your order.
- It takes a lot of money to live in that city.
- The journey from London to Oxford takes about an hour and a half.
- Bob did not take the job because it was a blind alley.
- I hope you will take the advice in good part.
- How am I supposed to take that remark?
- I shall take literature and mathematics this spring.
- How long will it take me to get there?
- She took another sip of tea.
- I take this seriously. It's a matter of principle.
- She always takes the bus in order to save some money.
- Love includes gives and takes.
- The lioness brought her take to her baby.
- The fish don't seem to be taking.
- China's new ways may take.
- The dye took immediately.
- That novel didn't take.
- Fish take best after rain.
- Dry fuel takes readily.
- She went out of the room, taking the flowers with her.
- The teacher took the students on a tour through the art museum.
- Don't forget to take your umbrella when you go.
- Take these books home with you tonight.
- A transitive verb takes an object.
- The flight took two hours.
- These things take time.
- This cake takes six eggs.
- It takes a lot of doing.
- She plans to take a course in applied linguistics.
- Did you take history at school?
- Mrs. Biggs is ill and will be unable to take you today.
- Someone took my hat by mistake.
- He reached up to the third shelf of the bookcase and took down a dictionary.
- Take the railing as you go down.
- John takes second place in the race.
- Take the doctor's advice and start exercising.
- The old couple agreed to take a war orphan.
- They took office at a difficult time.
- If it's a better job than you have now, take it.
- The car takes five people comfortably.
- The shelf just takes the books.
- This bottle takes a litre.
- How much petrol will the car take?
- He took the hard punishment with his head high.
- These strawberries look nice—I'll take 3 kilos.
- I will take two pounds of sugar.
- The customer tried on two dresses and took both.
- We plan to take a house in the country for the summer.
- He won't take pineapple juice.
- The tourist took some instant food and hot water.
- After getting up in the morning, he usually goes outdoors to take the air.
- We took a hovercraft across the English Channel.
- He took the subway to the station.
- Take the elevator to the fourth floor.
- The singer was unwilling to take the center of the stage.
- He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure.
- The dressmaker took her measurements for a new dress.
- The nurse took the patient's temperature.
- The photographer took the children in their party clothes.
- I had my picture taken this morning.
- She took down the speech in shorthand.
- The secretary took minutes of the meeting.
- All the students were taking notes at the lecture.
- The police took down my name and address.
- He took my meaning perfectly.
- How do you take this passage?
- Now you put your idea in those words,I take you easily.
- She took the news calmly.
- He does not take kindly to criticism.
- I take their criticisms very seriously.
- Don't take it lightly.
- The event was so unusual and unexpected that we did not know how to take it.
- You had better take things as they are.
- All matter takes space.
- The chest of drawers does not take much room.
- She took the degree of Master of Arts at Cambridge.
- The criminal was taken by the police within three hours of the crime.
- The general believed his men could take the city in about three days.
- What steps have you taken?
- He is always taking other people's ideas.
- To achieve his end he took every means he could think of.
- Take any card from my hand.
- She takes the chair at all our meetings.
- Who will take the chair at today's meeting?
- Strangers often took her for her own daughter.
- My horse took the fence easily.
- She took the news hard.
- Will you take a look at my sick child?
- The swimmer came to the shore and took a deep breath.
- When I was younger I took a cold bath every morning even in winter.
- I'm afraid I must take leave now.
- Seeing that they were very busy then, we took our leave very quickly lest we should be in the way.
- On returning I took a run around the village.
- I shall take a holiday early next month.
- After visiting the Forbidden City they took a walk through the town.
- From his youth Nobel had taken a serious interest in literature and philosophy.
- I'm rather tired; will you take the wheel?
- The prescribed medicine failed to take effect.
- They invariably take the lead in battles against floods.
- We must take the right measures or we shall fail.
- Don't take offence; it is only her way.
- The medicine is to be taken three times a day.
- Sugar cannot be taken by people suffering from certain complaints.
- After a long fight the town was taken.
- The camp was taken and destroyed.
- I beg your pardon. Is this seat taken?
- You seem to take giving up pretty easily.
- It was a difficult day for me to take knowing that this is the second year in a row that I've been away for his birthday.
- I take it that he approves.
- I take it you will be making a complaint about her behaviour.
- It takes a poet to translate Milton.
- It takes two to make a quarrel.
- Usually it takes a disaster to make people aware of the dangers of air pollution.
- It evidently takes different amounts of heat to boil water and oil.
- We ought to take her some food.
- Painting the kitchen took me all week.
- It takes him half an hour to finish his homework every day.
- She took a cup of tea to him.
- Shall I take your message to her?
- It took him three hours to finish the exercises.
- It took her longer time than she expected to get a passport.
- That's a rare set of stamps.How long did it take you to collect them?
- It took an hour for the car to come here.
- Will you take me as your partner?
- Shopping-bag ladies are not very communicative and take general conversation as an intrusion.
- Most westerners who are not Americans will take it as an insult if you ask whether they are Americans.
- From his manners of speaking,I took him for a Japanese.
- I'm not going to help you steal a car; what do you take me for?
- These first six books can be taken as the pattern of the whole work.
- Mrs. Alice spoke English so well that she was taken for a native.
- I take him to be sincere.
- She took it to be a snake.
- I take this to be ironical.
- By many of the company the newcomer was taken to be a detective.
- Do not take me as urging that it ought to be done.
- His father often takes the children climbing and hiking.
- Our take was up this week.
- That state's spending has far outstripped its take.
- The day's take came to over $500.
- There is a large take of mackerel.
- My friend wants a bigger take of the money.
- He will have made do with his take from the night school.
- We had to do six takes before the director was satisfied.
- If there's no take, you must get vaccination again.
- None of your actor's take.
- You should have been there to see her take as I announced myself.
- The skin grafting resulted in a complete take.
- The play is a great take.
- He got the answer on the third take.
- take aback( v.+adv. )
使吃惊,使惊呆 surprise; astonish
take sb aback
The reply took him so much aback that for a moment he was lost for words.
The little girl screamed and it took us aback .
We were all taken aback by the news of the Chairman's resignation.
Jenny was taken aback by some of the portraits.
I was taken aback by what I saw.
- take after( v.+prep. )
长得像; 性格类似于 resemble a parent or close relative in appearance or character
take after sb
She takes after her mother.
My great-grandfather is terribly forgetful and I take after him,I can never remember anything.
Margaret takes after her father in being strong-willed.
With her light hair and blue eyes Mary seems to take after her mother, but in character she is more like her father.
- take against( v.+prep. )
制止… begin to work or do sth against (sth/sb) so as to prevent or stop it or him〔her〕
take action against sb/sth
They took legal action against him.
It's time to take action against the rising crime rate in this city.
Action will be taken against anyone who breaks the law.
- take amiss( v.+adv. )
〈正〉把…理解成恶意,因而生气 become angry for misunderstanding
take sth ⇔ amiss
Please don't take it amiss if I venture to point out your errors.
His joke was taken amiss by some of the company.
- take apart( v.+adv. )
拆开; 拆卸 separate a small machine, clock, etc. into pieces
take sth ⇔ apart
Take the watch apart and see if you can find out what's wrong with it.
One error might make it necessary to take the whole thing apart and start over again .
He took the machine apart to show every detail of its operation.
To take the tower apart would mean wasting a lot of labour.
The reviewer mercilessly took apart the young writer's first novel.
- take it as read
认为没有必要; 可以认为是真的 accept sth as true or right without the need to hear it, talk about it, etc.
- take away( v.+adv. )
〈非正〉使大吃一惊 surprise sb very much
take sth ⇔ away
I've just come in to take the dirty dishes away.
Please don't take your hand away, it makes me think that you don't like me.
If you can move up behind the gunman you may be able to take his gun away without a fight.
Not to be taken away.
These books are for reading in the library, and may not be taken away.
这些书只能在图书馆阅读,不能拿出去。take sb/sth ⇔ away
I'd like to take you away for a holiday, but I don't know when we shall be able to afford it.
That school is terrible; I shall take the child away at once.
You have no business taking another man's wife away with you.
What takes you away so early?
They would allow foreign investors to take away their capital gains.
The prisoner was taken away by an armed guard.
一个持枪的狱警把犯人带走了。take sb/sth ⇔ away from sb/sth
The child was taken away from its parents on the recommendation of social workers.
These magazines must not be taken away from the library.
His Olympic medals and trophies were taken away from him.
他的奥林匹克奖章和奖牌被收了回去。take sth ⇔ away
This drug should help to take the pain away .
If you put picric acid solution on a burn it will take the pain away at once.
I'm sorry, my attention was taken away for a moment.
对不起,刚才我走神了。take sth ⇔ away (from sth)
27 take away 3 leaves 24.27
What is left when you take away 25 from 100?100
减去25还剩多少?take sth ⇔ away
I'd like three pieces of chicken to take away , please.
我要买三块鸡肉带走。take sth ⇔ away
Don't let him take away your freedom to think for yourself.
别让他剥夺你独立思考的自由。take sth ⇔ away
The shock news quite took my breath away .
- take back( v.+adv. )
(使)回忆起; (使)回到 (cause to) recall earlier experiences to sb; carry back to
- take down( v.+adv. )
记录; 记下 write sth down in order to make a record of it
- take for( v.+prep. )
信以为真; 认为理所当然 consider as true or already settled; accept as a matter of course
take sth for sth
Will you take $500 for the car?
Tom took the blame for his brother's mistake.
He was ready to take the consequences for his act.
他准备承担他的行动所引起的后果。take a turn for the better
His illness has taken a turn for the better.
The weather took a turn for the better in the afternoon.
下午天气变好了。take a turn for the worse
Her illness has taken a turn for the worse.
The situation in that country is taking a turn for the worse.
那个国家的形势正在恶化。take it for granted that-clause
I just took it for granted that you had been told about this.
A teacher cannot take it for granted that his students always do their assignments as required.
Mr. Richard took it for granted that his son was doing well at school and he felt much relieved.
We took it for granted that they would come and join us in the discussion.
- take from( v.+prep. )
摘自 remove (sth) from (usually sb or a place)
take sth from sth
This well-known saying was taken from Serve the People .
- take in1( v.+adv. )
对…信以为真 believe sth false
- take in2( v.+prep. )
打(某人)的(身体某部位) hit sb in part of the body
- take off1( v.+adv. )
与(某人)激烈争斗或争吵 fight or argue with sb seriously
take sth ⇔ off
I asked you not to put hot cups on the piano; take them off at once, please!
I can't take the lid off, it's stuck!
Help me to take this handle off.
Last night's strong wind nearly took the roof off!
昨夜的大风差一点把屋顶刮掉了。take sb/sth ⇔ off
A gentleman takes his hat off when greeting a lady.
I shall never take off this ring which you gave me until I die.
Taking off his coat, he jumped into the river to save the drowning child.
I knew that my father regarded me as a woman instead of a girl, the first time he took off his hat to me when we met.
You've done a remarkably fine job — I take my hat off to you!
你干得真出色——本人深表钦佩!take sth ⇔ off
In order to save the seriously wounded soldier, the surgeon decided to take off his left leg.
为了抢救那位重伤战士的生命,外科医生决定将他的左腿截去。take sb ⇔ off
Before the ship sank, all the passengers were safely taken off.
The six boys got into the car and took off for the drug store.
I'd like to take off for the country as soon as I've finished work tomorrow.
我想明天工作一结束就到乡下去。take sb/oneself ⇔ off
The director has taken the visitors off to his office.
Take yourself off, you're not wanted here.
The tiger took off from the ground with a powerful spring.
Watch that bird taking off from the branch!
A helicopter is able to take off and land straight up and down.
We took off so smoothly that the passengers could hardly feel it.
The attack will take off from our position near the harbour.
将从我们在港口附近的阵地上发起攻击。take sth ⇔ off
The early morning train is being taken off for the summer.
The 5 a.m. train has long been taken off.
凌晨5点的那趟车早已被取消了。take sth ⇔ off
It is said the concert has been taken off.
The play was taken off after only three performances.
这出戏只演了三场就停止公演了。take sth ⇔ off
We have taken the fish off, as it was not good.
这鱼不好,我们把它从菜单上去掉了。take sth ⇔ off
I'm so pleased that I've been able to take off all that weight and get into my good clothes again!
They took off 25 percent discount for each article.
他们给每件商品都打了七五折。take sth ⇔ off
The government has promised to take off the new tax as soon as possible.
政府答应尽快减少新征税额。take sth ⇔ off
I'd like to take next Monday off to visit my sister in hospital.
I'm going to take a week off next month.
You need a break. Why not take a fortnight off from work?
你需要休息,为什么不休假两周呢?take sb ⇔ off
Bob likes to take his teachers off.
Bill took off Winston Churchill to perfection.
The children do like to take off the new teacher, who has a noticeable manner of walking.
那位新来的老师走路的样子很特别,孩子们很喜欢模仿他。take sb ⇔ off
The captain decided to take Snow off and try a slower bowler.
After a slow start, the plan soon took off and was accepted by all the directors.
The circle of supply and demand should soon take off as the country's trade position improves.
We must provide some really interesting new courses where the students can really take off.
Many young people take off on loud music.
许多年轻人一听到喧噪的音乐就兴奋起来。take sb ⇔ off
She was taken off by a rare tropical fever some years ago.
几年前一种罕见的热病夺去了她的生命。take oneself off
A quarrel was developing between husband and wife; it was high time I took myself off.
丈夫与妻子越吵越厉害,我该走开才是。take off the gloves
Watch out for trouble when the director takes off the gloves to his Board!
- take off2( v.+prep. )
坐下休息 sit down and rest
- take on1( v.+adv. )
拉走 drag away
- take on2( v.+prep. )
冒险; 碰运气 attempt sth in spite of the possibility of failure; take a risk
take sth on v-ing
Let's go to Mary's house.We can take a chance on her being there.
- take out( v.+adv. )
找到做某事的简便方法 find an easy way to do sth
- take out on( v.+adv.+prep. )
发泄 express one's feelings by making suffer
take sth out on sb
Every time he had a bad day at work he would come home and take it out on his wife and children.
- take over( v.+adv. )
接管; 接替 accept sth from (sb else)
take sth ⇔ over
The strikers took over the factories.
She took over his work after his departure.
- take to (v.+prep.)
觉得某事容易学 think it easy to learn
take sb to sth
We usually take the children to school in the car.
The children were taken to Richmend Memorial Hospital for examination.
孩子们被带到里士满医院去作体格检查。take to sth
The criminals took to the hills to escape from police.
罪犯们为了躲避警察而逃入山中。take sb to sth
Father is ill, so he's taken to his bed.
父亲病了,因此卧床休息了。take to sb/sth/v-ing
He took to Sally from the moment he met her.
She thought she would be nervous looking after the horses but she soon took to them.
We ask him if the Russians would take to golf.
Bill took to drink while he was a sailor.
He has recently taken to staying in bed of a Sunday morning.
他最近养成了星期日早上不起床的习惯。take to sth/v-ing
After a few years as a teacher he left the profession and took to journalism.
He took to repairing watches in his spare time.
他开始利用空闲时间修表。take to sth
He took to French as though it had been his native language.
Father tried to teach John to swim, but John didn't take to it.
- take up( v.+adv. )
有力地支持〔维护〕… support sb's idea or argument
take sb/sth ⇔ up
Take care not to take up the hot coals with your bare hands.
He took up the telephone receiver and began to dial.
Taking up a child under each arm she ran out of the fire.
她一手抱起一个孩子,冲出大火。take sth ⇔ up
The men are coming tomorrow to take the stair mat up, ready for our move.
This old tree will have to be taken up by its roots.
Half the road surface is being taken up to lay new electric wires.
为了埋新电线,一半路面被掀开。take sb/sth ⇔ up
Who will take breakfast up to your mother?
Please take these letters up to the main office.
请把这些信件送到总局。take sth ⇔ up
This kind of paper claims to be able to take up more liquid than any other kind.
据说这种纸比其他纸吸水性强。take sth ⇔ up
It's very difficult to take up a dropped stitch in this pattern.
这种织法要补针极难。take sth ⇔ up
Now the fashion tells us all to take our skirts up again!
现在的流行式样又让咱们都把裙子弄短!take sth ⇔ up
It can take up the whole afternoon to prepare a meal.
The table takes up too much room.
That big clock will have to go, it takes up too much space in the small hall.
Writing in another language demands so much effort that it takes up all my attention.
用另外一种语言写作太费劲,我得全力以赴才行。take sth ⇔ up
When does the Minister take up his office?
I hope to take up my new duties as your chairman at the next meeting.
我希望在下届大会以你们主席的身份开始工作。take sth ⇔ up
At the age of sixty he took up the study of Russian.
When did Joan first take up music?
I wish I'd never taken up smoking.
我要是从不吸烟就好了。take sb ⇔ up
Jane will be lucky if she is taken up by the famous singer.
Beckett was taken up by Joyce before becoming a famous writer.
贝克特在成为名作家之前受到过乔伊斯的指导。take sb/sth ⇔ up
The train stops here to take up any further passengers, and then goes fast all the way to London.
列车在这里停车,再上一些乘客,然后快速直驶伦敦。take sth ⇔ up
Joan took up the story when her sister forgot the next detail.
I put the telephone down and took up my work again.
我放下电话继续干我的活。take sth ⇔ up
All the other children in the bus took up the song.
The whole crowd took up the shout.
整个人群都呼喊起来。take sth ⇔ up
I'd like to take the boy's case up with a good lawyer.
I'll ask the next speaker to take up your suggestion.
我将请下一位发言人谈谈你的建议。take sth ⇔ up
I'd like to take up your offer of a ride into town.
我愿接受你的邀请,搭你的车进城。take sb ⇔ up
I must take you up here,I cannot agree.
You won't get far with your statement before the chairman takes you up short!
I took him up sharply when he mentioned the wrong date.
当他提到那个错误的日期时,我打断了他的话。take sth ⇔ up
The girls will take up a collection at the end of the concert.
音乐会结束时,姑娘们就要募集捐款。take sth ⇔ up
When can we take up the new shares?
He kindly offered to take up the note of my debt.
The boat has been in the water a long time, and the boards have taken up.
这艘船已下水很长时间了,船板都紧了。take sth ⇔ up
Take up those loose ropes, your tent will fall down!
This part of the machine is for taking up the film.
These wires must be taken up or the machine will not work.
必须把这些电线绕紧,否则机器不能运转。take up arms against sb/sth
All the young men of the village offered to take up arms against the neighbouring people who kept attacking them and stealing their cattle.
村里的年轻人都愿意拿起武器,迎战那些不断攻击他们并偷盗他们家畜的邻村人。take up a attitude〔position〕
Once he's taken up a defensive attitude, it's difficult to persuade him that there's nothing to be afraid of.
I wonder if he really means that, or if he's just taking up a position on the matter.
我不知道他是真有那种意思呢,还是仅仅在此问题上表明一下自己的观点。take up the cause of sth
More people are beginning to take up the cause of children's rights.
有更多的人开始投身于维护儿童权益的事业中。take up a challenge
He said you can't possibly finish in time; are you going to take up his challenge?
他说你未必能按时完成; 你打算接受他的挑战吗?take up sth for sth
Someone has to take up the cudgels for children's rights, as the children are helpless to do it themselves.
- take up with (v.+adv.+prep.)
对…发生兴趣,致力于; 忙于 take interest in sth; put one's heart into sth; be busy with sth
take up with sb/sth
She has taken up with the fellow she met in London.
She has taken up with some very strange people.
Frank has taken up with Lucy lately.
He has taken up with a bunch of pleasant, hardworking friends.
他结交了一批性情愉快、工作努力的朋友。take up with sb/sth
He is not one to take up readily with new ideas.
他并不是一个乐意接受新观念的人。take up with sth
She took up with the idea of becoming a musician.
她一心想成为一个音乐家。take sb up with sth
He can't help, he's too taken up with his own problems.
He's very taken up with his new job.
I am quite taken up with the author's style.
- on the take
受贿; 伺机吞噬〔攫取〕 take a bribe; wait to capture or snatch sth
- take a back seat 占一不显眼的位置,谦让
- take a bad picture 不上镜头,拍出照片不好看
- take a bad turn 恶化,变坏
- take a bite 咬一口
- take a blinder 死
- take a boldness 胆敢,擅行
- take a bow 鞠躬
- take a break 小做休息
- take a bribe 收受贿赂
- take a chance 冒险,碰运气
- take a cup of tea 拿来一杯茶
- take a curtain 谢幕
- take a dare 接受挑战并打算干
- take a decision 作决定,下决心
- take a dive 假装被打倒了
- take a drive 坐汽车出游
- take a drop too much 喝醉,酗酒
- take a fancy to 爱上,爱好
- take a favourable turn 变好,转好
- take a fence 越过篱笆
- take a flat in town 在城里租一套房间
- take a flight 飞行,飞翔
- take a glance at 看一看
- take a hack at 尝试
- take a hand in 参加,插手
- take a hint 接受暗示
- take a hop 做一次短途飞行
- take a horn 饮酒
- take a joke 忍受别人开的玩笑
- take a journey 旅游
- take a leak 小便
- take a light lunch 午餐吃得少
- take a long time 费时间
- take a look at 看一看
- take a matter 对待一件事
- take a measurement of 测量,量出
- take a nap 睡午觉
- take a new view of an affair 对某事有新的看法
- take a notion 异想天开地要
- take a paper 订阅一份报纸
- take a photo 拍照
- take a picture 照相
- take a poor view of 不赞成
- take a powder 逃走,跑掉
- take a reading 读取
- take a rest 休息一下
- take a ride 兜风,坐车,骑自行车,骑马
- take a right turn 向右拐
- take a risk 冒险
- take a seat 就座,入座
- take a shine to 喜欢上
- take a shoot 抄近路,走捷径
- take a short cut 抄近路,走捷径
- take a shower 洗淋浴
- take a side with 支持,赞助
- take a sip of the wine 呷一口酒
- take a stand 依据,主张
- take a strong line 干得起劲
- take a suggestion 接受建议
- take a toss 从马背上摔下
- take a train 乘火车
- take a trip 旅游
- take a view 观察
- take a vote 表决
- take a walk 散步
- take a warning 得到警告
- take a wife 娶妻
- take a wrong train 误乘火车
- take aim 瞄准
- take an account of 记录,并列
- take an airing 作户外体操,郊游
- take an alarm 注意到有危险的前兆,惊恐
- take an attitude of 采取…的态度
- take an average over 把…平均起来
- take an examination 参加考试
- take an example 举例子,做个榜样
- take an interest 感兴趣
- take an item 会意
- take an oath 宣誓,立誓
- take an objection 反对
- take courage 拿出勇气
- take cover 隐藏起来
- take different position 采取不同的立场
- take directions 接受指示
- take instructions 接受指示
- take lodgers 接纳房客
- take lodgings 租寓所
- take medicine 服药
- take one's bearings 判断自己的位置,观察形势
- take one's choice 选择
- take one's colour from 仿效,模仿
- take one's courage in both hands 勇往直前,敢作敢为
- take one's departure 出发,动身
- take one's drops 私下饮酒,纵酒
- take one's duty 代替…的工作
- take one's exit 出去,离去
- take one's heels 跑开,溜掉
- take one's hook 逃走
- take one's leave 道别,告别
- take one's measure 打量或揣度…的品德、才智等
- take one's mind of 对…不注意
- take one's name in vain 讨论某人,作伪誓
- take one's own course 一意孤行
- take one's own life 自杀
- take one's part 站在某人一方,帮助某人
- take one's route to 到…去
- take one's stand 采取立场,表示意见
- take one's turn 轮到
- take one's way towards 向…走去
- take one's word 相信某人的话
- take poison 服毒
- take private pupils 招几个学生在家里教
- take shelter 隐藏起来
- take snuff 用鼻子吸〔闻〕
- take steps 采取步骤
- take substantial casualties 遭受重大伤亡
- take the advice 接受意见
- take the axe by the handle 拿住斧柄
- take the blame 承担过错
- take the book 取书
- take the case 接受案子
- take the chair 主持开会
- take the chairs 拿椅子
- take the city 使全城轰动
- take the count 打败,下台
- take the crown 登王位
- take the defensive 取守势
- take the egg 胜,赢
- take the field 开始作战
- take the first opportunity 一有机会就
- take the floor 参加讨论,起立发誓
- take the ground 搁浅
- take the head 带头
- take the high hand 专横
- take the horse (马)怀孕
- take the huff 见怪
- take the initiative 倡导,采取主动
- take the labouring oar 担任最困难的工作
- take the money 取钱
- take the offensive 取攻势
- take the part of 支持
- take the part of the hero 饰演男主角
- take the phrase 理解短语
- take the place of 取代,替代
- take the position 主张
- take the post 接替职务
- take the punishment 接受惩罚
- take the rap 代人受过
- take the remark 听取意见
- take the same opinion 持相同的主张
- take the shortest way home 走最近的路回家
- take the six o'clock train 乘6点钟的火车
- take the smoke into one's lungs 把烟吸进肺里
- take the stage 出现
- take the stand of... 采取…立场
- take the throne 登王位
- take the trouble 竭力,费力
- take the upper hand 占上风
- take the water 下水
- take the wind 得利益,占上风
- take the word 开始说话
- take things (the way) they come 承受一切
- take two hours 花两个小时
- take affectionately 领会深情,产生柔情
- take calmly 处之泰然,不激动
- take ceremoniously 就职礼仪隆重,娶妻讲究礼节
- take consciously 自觉领会
- take coolly 处之泰然
- take correctly 理解得不错
- take forcibly 强行侵占
- take graciously 采取礼貌态度
- take indiscriminately 无选择地采用
- take invariably 起作用不变
- take kindly 乐意接受
- take lightly 轻视
- take literally 函索记录,照定义理解
- take ostensibly 可公开采用
- take ostentatiously 除去浮夸风,不得虚饰
- take recklessly 乱花费,采取鲁莽态度
- take reluctantly 勉强采用
- take roughly 粗略摘录,产品粗糙不受欢迎
- take selfishly 消除利己主义,摒弃自私心理
- take seriously 认真接受,认真地对待
- take sparingly 节约花费,爱惜采用
- take unhesitatingly 立即获得,迅速取走
- take voluntarily 自动记录,自发接受
- take voraciously 贪吃贪喝
- take along 带领,携带
- take apart 把(某人)叫到一边,拆开,严惩
- take a toy apart 把玩具拆开
- take back 带回,归还
- take down 放下,取下,拆掉;把…记录下来
- take down the speech 把讲话记下来
- take in 吸入,留(某人)寄宿,看到,注意到;完全明白,欺骗(某人)
- take in the situation 看清形势
- take off 拿下,脱下,起跳,起飞,减价
- take on 承担(工作、责任等),雇用(工人),接纳(学生),呈现出
- take on more men 招收更多的工人
- take over 接任,接管
- take over the chairmanship 接任主席职务
- take up 占用,接受,培养,开始对(某学科、嗜好或职业)产生兴趣
- take up linguistics 选学语言学
- take after father 像父亲
- take as a compliment 把…当作恭维
- take as a personal matter 把…看成个人的事
- take as a sign of friendship 把…看作友好的表示
- take office as chairman 担任主席
- take sb by the hand 拉住某人的手
- take by surprise 大出(某人)意料之外
- take sb by the throat 扼住某人咽喉
- take sb for a fool 把某人当傻瓜
- take sb for a ride 带某人去兜风
- take sb for a walk 带某人去散步
- take sth for granted 认为某事当然
- take sb in one's arms 抱住某人
- take sth in one's hand 手里拿着某物
- take sb into one's confidence 把某人当作知心人
- take sth into account 考虑到某事
- take sth into consideration 考虑某事
- take sth into the house 把…搬进屋里
- take sth off the bill 从账单中扣除…
- take sth off the shelf 从架子上把…取走
- take sb on one's shoulder 扛起某人
- take a freighter to Europe 乘货船到欧洲去
- take sb to court 起诉某人
- take sb to dinner 带某人去赴宴
- take sb to the art museum 带某人去艺术博物馆
- take sb to the station 送某人去车站
- take sth to the library 把…送到图书馆
- take to an offer 接受提议
- take to bad habits 染上恶习
- take to one's bed 上床
- take to drink 沉湎于酗酒
- take to fishing 对钓鱼着迷
- take to gambling 到赌场去赌博
- take to the lifeboat 登上救生船
- take to the streets 走上街头
- take sb under one's wing 保护某人,帮助某人
- take sth up with a pair of pincers 用钳子钳起某物
- take with a smile 笑着接受
- a great take of fish 大量捕获的鱼
- double take 先是怔住接着恍然大悟的反应
- large take 大量的猎获物
- slow take 反应迟钝
- the best takes 拍摄得最成功的镜头
Small boats being used to ferry the takes of fish to the..steamer.出自：Daily Telegraph
Clouds and..sun succeeded each other, like takes in a film.出自： W. Golding
An unprecedented sum but peanuts in terms of the movie's ultimate take.出自：Listener
The Turks had taken two Castles in Hungary.出自： A. Lovell
They're not taking me alive.出自： J. Wain
- take还可接以“to be/as/for n./adj. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。
- take after的意思是“像,与…相似”; take back的意思是“收回,撤回”; take down的意思是“写下,记录下”; take in的意思是“接纳,吸入,收容”“欺骗”; take off的意思是“脱下(衣帽等),除去,拿开”; take on的意思是“呈现(面貌),具有(特征)”; take out的意思是“发泄”; take over的意思是“接管,接任,继承”; take to的意思是“开始(从事于),养成(某种习惯),沉湎于”; take up的意思是“开始做或学,对…有兴趣”; take up with的意思是“与…来往,与…结交”。
- take还可作“奏效,反应; 成功”解。
- take不可指“拿来”或“取来”，因此Please take your pen with you when you come tomorrow.该句是错误的，应将take改成bring；
take可指“买”。注意，表示“买”时，并不可以都是take。不可说I went into the shop to take a pen，要用buy；
I will take this pen.
They have taken the cottage for the winter.
He has taken in several points of interest during the last week.
When will the new manager take over?
- 英国人常用take ... in to dinner来表示“伴（女子）入席”，而美国人则习惯用take ... out to dinner；
take(n) to或took to是习惯用语，指“开始（后成为习惯)”。
He has taken to this good habit.
- take as, take for
- 两者都可作“把…认为…”解, take as是比较客观地以为,而take for强调的是“误以为”。
- take, clutch, grab, grasp, seize, snatch
- 这组词都可表示“伸出手或臂去抓住某物”。其区别在于:take仅指抓住具体的东西; clutch强调匆匆忙忙、紧急、迫不及待,因而抓住的可能性较小,引申可用于思想上或情感上的把握; grab常含有庸俗和不关心他人或无视公共准则的意思; grasp的基本意思是指用手、牙齿、爪等紧紧抓住某人或某物,引申指能充分理解难以理解的东西; seize通常指突然地、有力地抓住,引申用于无形的东西时,往往强调该物在快速掠过或难以捉摸,或强调有力地、出人意料地夺取,或强调理解了难以理解或难以分析的事物; snatch强调不为人知、救人及时或动作粗暴,引申指偶然地或无准备地抓住能抓住的东西。例如:
- She clutched at my arm as she fell.她跌倒时想要抓住我的胳臂。
- He grabbed the coin and ran off.他抓起硬币就跑了。
- I grasped the man by the arm.我抓住了那人的手臂。
- He seized the gun from the robber.他从强盗手里夺过了枪。
- The letter was snatched out of my hand before I could read it.那封信我还没来得及看就被别人从我手里拿走了。
- take, bring, carry, fetch, get
- 1.bring 表示“拿来”,指从别处拿过来,方向一般是说话者,多指比较近的东西,也可以指带到一个说话人将要到达的地方,有时还可指由说话者随身带着(去某处),可以包括“带走”; take 表示“拿走”“带走”,指从此处拿出去,例如:
- When you go home take the letter with you.你回家去的时候,把信带去。
- fetch表示“去拿来”; carry则指“随身带着”,没有明确的方向性,同时强调体力方面的负担,可代替bring和take,例如:
- The mother carries her baby in her arms.母亲把小宝宝抱在怀里。
- 2.bring 和 take 都表示单程,只是方向相反,而fetch则表示一往一返。
- 3.fetch强调目的性,即专门到一个地方把(某人)某物请〔带〕回来; bring则强调方向性,即动作朝着说话者的方向或所在地。
- 4.take, bring和carry都可指携带〔运送〕较小的东西, carry还可指携带〔运送〕较大、较重的东西。
- 5.take, bring和carry都可指人运送, carry还可指马、车等牲口或运输工具运送,也可指以管道的形式运输。
- take, cost, pay, spend
- 1.spend和pay的主语只能是人; cost的主语是物或事; take后接时间时，主语也可以是人。此外，take和cost还可以用动词不定式或动词不定式短语作真实主语,而it为形式主语。例如:
- I paid him $200 for this painting.我付他200美元买了这幅画。
- She spent ten dollars shopping for food.她购买食品花了10美元。
- The work cost me a lot of time and effort.这本著作花费了我大量的时间和精力。
- We took a week to finish the work.我们花了一个星期完成这项工作。
- It costs us a lot of money to build a house.盖房子花了我们很多钱。
- It took me one year to read this book.我用一年时间读了这本书。
- 2.pay的搭配范围最窄,只接金钱; cost的搭配范围最宽,除接金钱和时间外，还可接劳力、精力、财富、健康、职位甚至生命等。例如:
- “Are you paying cash?”“No,I will pay by cheque.”“你付现金吗?”“不,我用支票支付。”
- Careless driving cost him his life.粗心大意地开车使他丧了命。
- 3.spend可接动名词，而cost, pay, take可接动词不定式。
- 4.spend, take, pay都可用于被动结构，而cost不能用于被动结构。
- take, last
- I hope this fine weather lasts.但愿这样的天气持续下去。
- I'll clear up, you take too long.我来整理,你花的时间太多了。
- take, lead
- He led her to the cinema.
- He took her to the cinema.
- take, send
- 两者均可表示“送”。其区别在于:send多指派人去送,而自己不去; 而take多指自己亲自去送。试比较:
- I will send the dictionary to him this after- noon.
- I'll take the dictionary to him myself this afternoon.
- take, admit, receive
- receive主要表示接到或收到,而不含采取主动或积极行动的意思; admit强调接纳,暗示接纳者采取允许、宽容的态度或作出让步; take是日常用词,指不带有主观意愿地收下。
- take place, happen, occur
- 1.happen和occur往往表示事情的发生带有偶然性, happen是一般用语, occur是较正式用语; take place常指按计划“发生”。例如:
- The explosion happened〔occurred〕 during an exercise near the town.在离市镇不远的地方演习时发生了爆炸。
- The talk is scheduled to take place tomorrow morning at eight o'clock.预定明早8时举行会谈。
- These events happened〔occured〕 last year.这些事是去年发生的。
- What happened after I left?我走后发生了什么事情?
- It didn't occur to him to ask for help.他没想到请别人帮忙。
- take, drink, have
- 1.就宾语来说,这组词都可指喝酒、饮料或水; have还可指吸烟; take还可指吸烟和呼吸新鲜空气。
- 2.就方式来说, take和have可用任何方式; 而drink通常指用嘴直接喝,而不用勺、匙或吸管。
- take care of, attend, mind
- Will you please mind the baby?请你照管一下这孩子好吗?
- Mary minded my shop while I was at lunch.当我午餐时,玛丽帮我照看商店。
- 2.take care of强调要付出爱心。例如:
- Don't worry,I'll take care of you.别担心,我会照顾你的。
- Mother stayed home to take care of my baby.妈妈留在家里照料我的孩子。
- Take care of the public property, please.请爱护公物。
- She attended on the wounded soldier day and night.她日夜护理受伤的战士。
- take part in, join in
- 1.参加人(即主语)的身份不一样:take part in指以主办人或发起人的身份参加某项活动,而join in则是以成员身份参加。
- 2.在活动中起的地位不一样:take part in强调“发挥作用”,做主角,而join in则含有“平等”的意味。
- 3.这两个词在搭配范围上也有差别:“参加工作、会议”自然要在其中发挥作用,要以主人翁姿态,所以一般用take part in; 而“参加比赛、讨论”,作为“普通参加者”参加,就要用join in了。
- take part in, attend, join, participate
- He never attended a funeral.他从不参加丧礼。
- I'll try to follow your advice about participating in students' activities.我尽量遵照你的劝告,参加学生的活动。
- take part in指参加一项工作,在其中分担一部分,也指参加活动并积极工作。例如:
- I'm not going to take part in arguments.我不打算参加辩论。
- take place, chance, come off
- 1.chance含有“偶然”发生的意味; take place和come off常指按计划“发生”。例如:
- On our vacation we chanced upon an interesting antique store.我们度假时无意中发现一家有趣的古玩店。
- The sports meet came off in spite of the rain.尽管下雨运动会仍如期举行了。
- The talk is scheduled to take place tomorrow morning at eight o'clock.预定明早8时举行会谈。
- 2.take place的主语只能是事物; come off强调出现的结果。例如:
- What may take place with telephones in the future?将来电话会发生什么变化呢?
- The wedding came off in spite of Jim and Mary's last minute quarrel.尽管吉姆和玛丽结婚前最后一刻还在争吵,婚礼还是正常举行了。
- It chanced that the winter of that year was a severe one.碰巧,那年冬天特别寒冷。
- He was taken sick and nearly died.
- He took sick and nearly died.
- It took me a month to finish the work.
- The work took me a month to finish.
- I took a month to finish the work.
- It took me two yuan to buy the book.
- It took two yuan for me to buy the book.
- It cost me two yuan to buy the book.
- The book cost me two yuan .
- I spent two yuan on the book.
- I paid two yuan for the book.
- He took the dictionary back to the library.
- He took the furniture back from the cus- tomer.
- fetch指一往一返，相当于go and bring，去取了东西或带人再返回到出发处。
误 The girls took flowers in their hands to welcome us.
正 The girls held flowers in their hands to welcome us.
误 Great changes have been taken place in my home town since 1978.
正 Great changes have taken place in my home town since 1978.
析 take place是不及物的短语动词,不可用于被动结构。去年7月我参加了高考。
误 I took part in the college entrance examination last July.
正 I took the college entrance examination last July.
正 I sat for the college entrance examination last July.
析 take part in表示“参加某项活动”,如表示“参加考试”,应说take the examination或sit for the examination。粉刷房间花了我一个星期。
误 Painting the room spent me a week.
正 Painting the room took me a week.
析 spend和take都有“花费”的意思, spend作谓语时,主语必须是人,而take的主语可以是一件事。我每天上下班花两小时乘公共汽车。
误 I take two hours to go to work and come back by bus every day.
正 It takes me two hours to go to work and come back by bus every day.
误 He took heavy cold the other day.
正 He took a heavy cold the other day.
析 表示“患感冒”可以说 take cold,这时cold 之前没有不定冠词a。但是如果cold前面有形容词,则形容词之前一定要有不定冠词a。做学问需要时间,加快速度是办不到的。
误 Learning takes your time.There is no way of speeding it up.
正 Learning takes time.There is no way of speeding it up.我不喜欢匆匆地用早餐,我愿意从容不迫。
误 I can't enjoy a hurried breakfast; I like to take time over it.
正 I can't enjoy a hurried breakfast; I like to take my time over it.
析 这里 take time 的意思是“费时间”“花工夫”。take one's time 的意思是“慢慢来”“从容不迫”。这个事故是在上周某个时候发生的。
误 The accident took place sometime last week.
正 The accident happened sometime last week.
析 happen 一般指事故的“偶然发生”,如交通事故、车祸、地震、火灾等。而take place是固定短语,意思为“举行、发生”,一般指通过安排而举行、发生。吉姆和德拉在为他们各自所拥有的感到骄傲。
误 Jim and Della both took pride of their possessions.
正 Jim and Della both took pride in their possessions.
析 “为…感到自豪”,可用take pride in,这里的介词in不能换用of。下雨了,带把伞去。
误 It's raining. Take an umbrella.
正 It's raining. Take an umbrella with you.
析 要说明“把东西随身带去”,应该用take sth with sb, with sb 不可省略。把你的湿衣服脱掉。
误 Put off your wet clothes.
正 Take off your wet clothes.
析 put off是“推迟,搪塞,劝阻,不喜欢,下车”之意。“穿衣”的英语表示法是put on,它的反义词组不是put off,而是take off。飞机从机场起飞,往南朝广州方向飞去。
误 The plane took away from the airport and headed south towards Guangzhou.
正 The plane took off from the airport and headed south towards Guangzhou.
析 take off from可以指飞机“从…起飞”。而 take away from是“贬低,贬损”之意。他从抽屉里拿出几本杂志。
误 He took some magazines out from his drawer.
正 He took some magazines out of his drawer.
析 take ...out意为“拿出…”,若表示“从…中拿出”,应该用take...out of结构,介词用of不用from。孩子们得到了保育员的精心照料。
误 The children are taken good care by the nurses.
正 The children are taken good care of by the nurses.
析 take care of意为“照顾”,是及物动词短语。用于被动结构时of不可以省略。她留在家中好好照顾婴儿。
误 She stayed home and took care of her baby very well.
正 She stayed home and took good care of her baby.
析 表示“照顾得好”可以说 take good care of,而不可用 very well 来修饰固定短语 take care of。他们不辞劳苦给我们买这些书。
误 They have taken a lot of trouble buying these books for us.
正 They have taken a lot of trouble to buy these books for us.
析 take trouble意为“费事”,后接不定式时可表示“做某事很麻烦”,而接动名词不具备这个意思。我们以为那件事你完全知道。
误 We took for granted that you knew the whole matter.
正 We took it for granted that you knew the whole matter.
析 take...for granted意为“视为当然”,是并无确实证据即信以为真的意思。在这个结构中,常用it作形式宾语,真正的宾语为后面的从句。她已经学了四种语言,明年她将开始学意大利语。
误 She has learned four languages. Next year she will take Italian.
正 She has learned four languages. Next year she will take up Italian.
析 “开始学〔做〕某事”“从事某项工作”,英语应该用take up sth 表示。去掉up就不能表达此义。对不起,我们占用了你这么多时间。
误 Sorry we have taken so much of your time.
正 Sorry we have taken up so much of your time.
析 英语可以用take up sth 来表示“占用(时间或空间)”。而去掉up就不能表达此义。约翰最近喝酒喝得太多了。
误 John's taken to drink too much lately.
正 John's taken to drinking too much lately.
析 take to...表示“开始从事于…,养成…的习惯”,其中to是介词,其后应接名词或动名词。他牵着儿子的手。
误 He took his son from the hand.
正 He took his son by the hand.
析 take sb by 意为“握住或拉住(某人的某部分)”,这里by不可以换作from。那个警察说他将负责照看那支枪。
误 The policeman said he would take the charge of the gun.
正 The policeman said he would take charge of the gun.
析 表示“负责(处理某事或照看某人)”“接管”的含义,可以用take charge of,注意charge 之前不可以加定冠词the。他对她如此生气以至于向她的猫报复。
误 He was so angry with her that he took revenge at her cat.
正 He was so angry with her that he took revenge on her cat.
析 表达“向…报复”,可以用 take revenge on sb/sth,这里的on不可以用at代替。他把朋友的忠告牢记在心。
误 He took his friend's advice to his heart.
正 He took his friend's advice to heart.她一见到那小孩就喜欢上他了。
误 As soon as she saw the small child she took it to heart.
正 As soon as she saw the small child she took it to her heart.
析 表示“把…牢记在心”“认真对待”可以说 take sth to heart。而take to one's heart 的意思是“喜欢上…”“对…有好感”。他通过打网球来使自己不再想那个问题。
误 He took his mind away the problem by playing a game of tennis.
正 He took his mind off the problem by playing a game of tennis.
析 表示“使…不再想起”可用take one's mind off,这里的off 不可以用away 代替。他们不再需要在繁忙季节雇用大批临时工。
误 They no longer have to take up large numbers of temporary staff during the busy season.
正 They no longer have to take on large numbers of temporary staff during the busy season.
析 “雇用”可以译作 take on。take up 的意思是“开始从事”“接受”“接纳”等,没有“雇用”之意。我根本不知道他已经走了。
误 I had no idea that he had taken leave of himself.
正 I had no idea that he had taken his leave.他在机场与他的太太告别。
误 He took his wife's leave at the airport.
正 He took leave of his wife at the airport.
析 表示“离开”可以用take one's leave,表示“与…人告别”可以用take leave of sb。他匆匆忙忙地不辞而别。
误 He was in a hurry and took the French leave.
正 He was in a hurry and took French leave.
析 take French leave 是“不声不响地离开”“不辞而别”的意思,French之前没有the。她把他的耐心看作是软弱的表现。
误 She took his patience for a sign of weakness.
正 She took his patience as a sign of weakness.他们把我当作我的孪生兄弟了。
误 They took me as my twin brother.
正 They took me for my twin brother.
误 They took turn to look after the baby.
正 They took turns to look after the baby.
析 表示“(大家)轮流做某事”时,我们可以用take turns或take one's/a turn这种形式,没有take turn形式。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的tacan；最初源自北部日内曼语的taka，意为拿走，抓住。
- call for
- win n.