- 运送，搬运，转运 ，运输，运载，输送
- vt. 运输; 运送 take; carry
- vt. 表达,转达 make known ideas, views, feelings
make known; pass on, of information;
"She conveyed the message to me"
serve as a means for expressing something;
"The painting of Mary carries motherly love"
"His voice carried a lot of anger"
transfer to another;
"communicate a disease"
transmit a title or property
transmit or serve as the medium for transmission;
"Sound carries well over water"
"The airwaves carry the sound"
"Many metals conduct heat"
take something or somebody with oneself somewhere;
"Bring me the box from the other room"
"Take these letters to the boss"
"This brings me to the main point"
go or come after and bring or take back;
"Get me those books over there, please"
"Could you bring the wine?"
"The dog fetched the hat"
- I find it hard to convey my feelings in word.
- Word will suffice to convey his grief.
- A vibrating membrane in the ear helps to convey sounds to the brain.
- This train conveys both passengers and goods.
- They asked me to convey their sincere apology to you and promised to replace these rollers by new ones.
- The truck conveyed the furniture.
- I can't convey my feelings in words.
- Your baggage will be conveyed by helicopter from the airport to your hotel.
- “Really?”I said, trying to convey that it did not really matter.
- He tried to convey how he felt.
- convey to (v.+prep.)
把…传达给(某人) make (sth) known to (sb)
convey sb/sth to sth
This train conveys passengers to London.
The firm conveys goods to all parts of the country.
这个公司向全国各地发送货物。convey sth to sb
The ambassador personally conveyed the president's message to the king.
The house will not be conveyed to you until the agreement has been signed.
协议签字后,这幢房子才能转让给你。convey to sb that/wh-clause
She realized that Johnson was trying to convey to her that he was lonely.
This is a poem that perfectly conveys to the readers what the poet feels.
- convey coal 运煤
- convey electricity 输送电流
- convey emotions〔ideas〕 传达感情〔思想〕
- convey baggage 运行李
- convey thank to 向…转达谢意
They conveyed her to a nursing-home in Wimpole Street.出自： E. Waugh
She plucked a leaf, and conveyed it to her mouth.出自： I. Murdoch
- convey的基本意思是“运输; 运送”,可表示用车、船、飞机等把人或物从一处运至另一处,是正式用语。
- convey, carry, transfer, transit, transport
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的conveier；最初源自古法语的convoier，意为护送。