- v. 观察；遵守；注意到；庆祝
- vt. 看到; 注意到 see and notice; look at with attention
- vt. & vi. 观察; 研究 examine carefully; watch carefully; study
- vt. 遵守; 遵循 pay attention to rules, etc.; follow in practice; keep
- vt. 评论; 评述; 讲 make a remark; say
discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of;
"She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water"
"We found traces of lead in the paint"
make mention of;
"She observed that his presentation took up too much time"
"They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
observe with care or pay close attention to;
"Take note of this chemical reaction"
"Please observe the reaction of these two chemicals"
show respect towards;
"honor your parents!"
behave as expected during of holidays or rites;
"Keep the commandments"
"Observe Yom Kippur"
follow with the eyes or the mind;
"Keep an eye on the baby, please!"
"The world is watching Sarajevo"
"She followed the men with the binoculars"
stick to correctly or closely;
"The pianist kept time with the metronome"
"I cannot keep track of all my employees"
conform one's action or practice to;
"she never keeps her promises"
"We kept to the original conditions of the contract"
- We have to observe carefully what's going on there.
- He made a telescope through which he could observe the stars.
- All citizens should observe traffic rules.
- We should observe the proprieties.
- If they have to leave home, they must wear a face mask and observe good personal hygiene.
- He observes carefully but says little.
- Didn't you observe the difference?
- Have you observed anything strange in her words?
- She has observed the stars all her life.
- The far side of the moon is difficult for us to observe.
- What he observed confirmed his judgement.
- The scientist observed the behaviour of the mice after they were given the drug.
- They faithfully observed the rules.
- Let's observe a minute's silence in memory of the dead.
- Do they observe Christmas Day in that country?
- How many holidays do we observe a year?
- The speed limit must be strictly observed.
- We observed that it had turned cloudy.
- He observed that it had suddenly grown much colder.
- I observed that he was very pale, asked him what was the matter with him.
- He observed that the house seemed to be too small.
- She observed that the work was well done.
- The mate observed regretfully that he could not account for that young fellow's whims.
- The boy observed what was going on between them.
- Observe how I do this.
- They observed how the tiny wings were fitted to the body.
- We have never observed him do otherwise.
- I have never observed him act like that.
- They did not observe Facer come in and go upstairs.
- Some people observed him substitute his personal feelings for policy.
- He was observed to go out.
- He has been observed to make trouble in every possible way.
- She observed a man walking on the opposite side of the road.
- He observed a man trying to force the door.
- Thousands of people observed the ship leaving the harbour.
- observe on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
谈论,评论 remark or comment on
observe on〔upon〕 sb/sth
He observed well on her unusual appearance.
They visited the show but observed nothing on it.
This point has often been observed upon.
- observe the behaviour of birds 观察鸟类行为
- observe the customs 遵守风俗
- observe the discipline 遵守纪律
- observe sb's instructions 听从某人的指示
- observe the laws 遵守法律
- observe the rules 遵守规章
- observe one's birthday 庆祝生日
- observe Christmas 过圣诞节
- observe Easter 过复活节
- observe Thanksgiving 过感恩节
- observe accurately 精细地观察
- observe anxiously 焦急地说
- observe attentively〔carefully〕 仔细地观察
- observe bluntly 直爽地说
- observe closely 密切地观察
- observe cogently 颇有说服力地评述
- observe conscientiously 自觉地遵守
- observe half-jokingly 半开玩笑地说
- observe keenly 敏锐地观察
- observe meticulously 小心翼翼地观察
- observe narrowly 狭隘地评论
- observe quietly 静静地观察
- observe regretfully 遗憾地说
- observe significantly 意味深长地说
- observe strictly 严格遵守
- observe studiously 用心地观察
There was a 5 m.p.h. speed limit for cars..which Dad observed with..care.出自： P. Norman
When procedures were correctly observed, results followed.出自： A. Mason
- observe, note, notice, perceive
- perceive指使用各种感觉器官去了解事物; notice指观察并注意到某个重要却又很容易被忽略掉的细节; note比notice意味更强烈,指不但注意到,而且记录下来,但有时只指思想上注意到并记在脑中; observe指在方便有利的位置上注意观察、研究某事物或现象,强调思想高度集中,态度严谨客观,但此词多用于科研方面。
- observe, perceive, see
- 这三个词都可表示“察觉”。它们之间的区别是：see是一般用语,指意识到眼前的东西,但不一定有意去注意或加以识别; perceive是正式用语,含有有意识地去注意或识别所见东西的意思; observe则表示有意识地察看。试比较以下三个句子的含义：
- I saw someone standing in the doorway.
- We perceived the figure to be your room- mate.
- We observed a change in her.
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的observer；最初源自拉丁语的observare：ob (过，过于） + servare (观注，保持安全），意为保卫，保护。
- celebrate 庆祝
- perceive 注意到
- scrutinize 仔细检查
- follow 跟随
- watch 注视
- witness 目击者
- remark 评论
- view 视野
- comment 注释
- detect 发觉
- abide by 遵守
- note 笔记
- respect 尊敬
- see 看见
- inspect 检查
- study 研究
- say 说
- examine 检查
- declare 宣布（声明）...
- commemorate 纪念
- keep 保持
- heed 注意
- practice 练习
- remember 记得
- take part in 参加
- review 复习
- obey 服从
- contemplate 注视
- discern 辨别
- mention 提到
- look 看
- behold 看到
- discover 发现
- spy 间谍
- eye 眼睛
- audit 审计
- notice 注意
- mind 头脑
- fulfil 实践
- survey 问卷
- advert 广告
- comply 顺从
- with 用
- comply with 服从
- honour 荣誉
- take note 留意，注意到...
- maintain 维持
- find 发现
- keep an eye on 留意
- honor 荣誉
- watch over 看守
- violate 侵犯