- 领先， 走在最前头，处于首位， 处于领先地位
- 用铅包， 被铅覆盖，在...中衬铅
- 产生，引起， 引致（与to连用），引向
- [U]铅 heavy soft metal of dull greyish colour, used for water pipes, in roofing, as a radiation shield
- [C][U]铅笔芯 the thin black part of a pencil that marks paper
- vt. & vi. 带路,领路,指引 conduct sb by the hand, by touching him, or by a rope, etc.
- vt. & vi. 领导 act as chief;direct by example or persuasion;direct the movements of
- vt. & vi. 领先 have the first place in
- vt. & vi. 诱使 influence or persuade
- vt. & vi. 使某人过生活 cause sb to pass, go through, spend (life, etc.)
- [C]领导,榜样 going in front;doing sth first
- [S]首位,领先 the position ahead of all others
- [U]主角,主要演员 principal part in a play;person who plays this part
- [P]线索 a piece of information that may lead to a discovery or to sth being settled
- an advantage held by a competitor in a race;
"he took the lead at the last turn"
- a soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element; bluish white when freshly cut but tarnishes readily to dull grey;
"the children were playing with lead soldiers"
- evidence pointing to a possible solution;
"the police are following a promising lead"
"the trail led straight to the perpetrator"
- a position of leadership (especially in the phrase `take the lead');
"he takes the lead in any group"
"we were just waiting for someone to take the lead"
"they didn't follow our lead"
- the angle between the direction a gun is aimed and the position of a moving target (correcting for the flight time of the missile)
- the introductory section of a story;
"it was an amusing lead-in to a very serious matter"
- (sports) the score by which a team or individual is winning
- an actor who plays a principal role
- (baseball) the position taken by a base runner preparing to advance to the next base;
"he took a long lead off first"
- an indication of potential opportunity;
"he got a tip on the stock market"
"a good lead for a job"
- a news story of major importance
- the timing of ignition relative to the position of the piston in an internal-combustion engine
- restraint consisting of a rope (or light chain) used to restrain an animal
- thin strip of metal used to separate lines of type in printing
- mixture of graphite with clay in different degrees of hardness; the marking substance in a pencil
- a jumper that consists of a short piece of wire;
"it was a tangle of jumper cables and clip leads"
- the playing of a card to start a trick in bridge;
"the lead was in the dummy"
- take somebody somewhere;
"We lead him to our chief"
"can you take me to the main entrance?"
"He conducted us to the palace"
- have as a result or residue;
"The water left a mark on the silk dress"
"Her blood left a stain on the napkin"
- tend to or result in;
"This remark lead to further arguments among the guests"
- travel in front of; go in advance of others;
"The procession was headed by John"
- cause to undertake a certain action;
"Her greed led her to forge the checks"
- stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point;
"Service runs all the way to Cranbury"
"His knowledge doesn't go very far"
"My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"
"The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
- be in charge of;
"Who is heading this project?"
- be ahead of others; be the first;
"she topped her class every year"
- be conducive to;
"The use of computers in the classroom lead to better writing"
- lead, as in the performance of a composition;
"conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- lead, extend, or afford access;
"This door goes to the basement"
"The road runs South"
- move ahead (of others) in time or space
- cause something to pass or lead somewhere;
"Run the wire behind the cabinet"
- preside over;
"John moderated the discussion"
- She led the way downstairs for us.
- Our football team leads them by two goals.
- They lead a busy and colourful life on the campus.
- The quarrel led to a complete estrangement between her and her family.
- She always takes the lead when we plan to do something.
- He's playing the lead in the new play.
- All the children followed his lead.
- He told an amusing story as a lead-in to the serious part of his speech.
- Lead fuses at a low temperature.
I need a soft lead pencil.
The pencil lead is broken.
The stick is weighted with lead.
The leads were laid into the water.
He walked on despite all the lead in his body.
I'll lead, you must follow me.
You lead, and I'll follow.
She led in the race.
Where does this road lead?
Your work seems to be leading nowhere.
Don't indulge in wild talk, which leads nowhere.
He was leading a horse by the bridle.
She led the child by the hand.
His wife, being more aggressive, is able to lead him by the nose.
She is leading the child.
A local poor peasant led the soldiers through the forest.
Our guide led us through a series of caves.
If the blind leads the blind, both will fall into ditch.
You lead the way and I follow.
She has always led the way in fashion.
A brass band led the regiment.
He leads the class in mathematics.
She leads her class in English.
When we are together he always leads me.
The flagship led the fleet.
The commander led the army in fighting against the enemy.
He led a peace movement in the late 1930's.
He leads the community orchestra.
We are leading a happy life.
He leads a very simple life.
He leads a quiet life.
She led a rather hard life.
A government delegation was led by the Foreign Minister.
Children are easily led.
She led him a miserable life.
The guard led the prisoner away.
He led the group out into the garden.
What led you to think so?
The news leads me to believe that they will come.
Such actions lead us to distrust him.
His trouble led him to drink.
This led him to make a deeper analysis of the problem.
What led you to bring up unexpected trouble?
I am led to believe that he is disloyal to us.
You might have been led to believe that I was joking.
You must keep your dog on a lead in the park.
He has a lead of ten metres over the other runners.
The little black horse has a lead of two metres.
Please give me a lead.
We're waiting for the conductor to give us a lead.
It is your lead this time.
I'll follow your lead.
She is gaining the lead in the race.
So far she has been in the lead.
With him in the lead the others followed suit.
He's playing the lead in the new play.
The cast is excellent from the lead to the bits.
She is very happy that she is chosen to play the lead in the film.
The police have several useful leads.
The police were following up several leads.
He's short on job leads.
- lead astray (v.+adv.)
把…引入歧途,引上邪路 tempt sb to do wrong lead sb ⇔ astray
Such ideas will only lead the world's people astray.这种观点只会把世人引入歧途。用于 be ～ed 结构
The boy was led astray by bad companions.这个男孩被坏朋友带坏了。
The unthinking public are easily led astray by the false picture of reality given in television shows.不思考的公众很容易被电视对现实的错误描绘引入歧途。
- 把…引入歧途,引上邪路 tempt sb to do wrong lead sb ⇔ astray
- lead into (v.+prep.)
把…带入 guide into a place lead sb/sth into sth
He led us into the room.他把我们引入室内。用于 be ～ed 结构
The horses were led into the yard.马被牵进了院子里。
导致 have sth as a result lead sb/sth into sth
The love of pleasure leads men into vices.贪图享乐使人堕落。
Behaviour like this will lead you into trouble.这样的行为会给你惹来麻烦。
(道路等)通向 provide a way for sb to enter lead into sth
This passage leads into the courtyard.这条路通向院子。lead sth into sth
The pipes lead the water into the fields.这些管道把水引到田里。
Gutters lead the water into the ditch.排水沟把水排到这条水沟里。
- 把…带入 guide into a place lead sb/sth into sth
- lead off (v.+adv.)
开始 begin, start (a speech, performance, meeting, etc.) lead off
Who is going to lead off?谁先开始?
The town band led off by playing the National Anthem.市府乐队首先奏国歌。lead sth ⇔ off
She led off a dance.她领头起舞。
- 开始 begin, start (a speech, performance, meeting, etc.) lead off
- lead on (v.+adv.)
劝诱,使误信,哄骗 persuade or entice to follow an unwise course of action;mislead lead sb ⇔ on
If you have no intention of marrying her, you shouldn't keep leading her on.如果你不打算和她结婚,你就不应该继续哄骗她。lead sb on to-v
Salesmen do their best to lead people on to buy things they don't need.推销员竭其所能诱使人们去买那些他们不需要的东西。
- 劝诱,使误信,哄骗 persuade or entice to follow an unwise course of action;mislead lead sb ⇔ on
- lead on to (v.+adv.+prep.)
引起,导致 give rise to;bring out;cause lead on to sth
Besides cancer, smoking can lead on to other diseases.除癌症外,吸烟还可引起其他疾病。
- 引起,导致 give rise to;bring out;cause lead on to sth
- lead to (v.+prep.)
把…带到,领到 guide lead sb to sth
The bellboy led us to our rooms.旅馆服务员把我们带到了我们的房间。
He led them to the house.他领他们到那栋房子去。
He led us to a room upstairs.他把我们带到楼上的一个房间。
The general led the army to battle.将军把他的部队带到了战场。
The girl led her little brother to school.那女孩带着小弟弟上学去了。
The path can lead you to the foot of the mountain.这条小道可以引你们下山。
This road will lead you to the parking lot.沿这条路走就会到停车场。
The light led us to the shore.这束灯光把我们引到海边。
Chance led him to London.他偶然来到伦敦。
(道路)通向 provide a way to reach lead to sth
All roads lead to Rome.条条道路通罗马,殊途同归。
This road leads to my home.这条路通向我家。
A winding path leads to the cave.一条曲折的小道通向山洞。
导致,引起 cause;have as a result lead to sth
His failure led to his resignation.他的失败导致他辞职。
Carelessness often leads to errors.粗心往往造成错误。
The accident led to many lawsuits.这场事故引起许多诉讼纠纷。
This is a serious dispute, and could lead to armed conflict.这是一场严重的争执,有可能导致武装冲突。
This led to great confusion.此事导致很大的混乱。
I don't think it will lead to a good result.我认为这事不会有什么好结果。
Virtue leads to happiness.美德使人快乐。
An ordinary cold can soon lead to a fever.一场普通的感冒很快引起高烧。
The wording is likely to lead to ambiguity.这种措辞很可能引起误解。
- 把…带到,领到 guide lead sb to sth
- lead up to (v.+adv.+prep.)
作为…的准备;导致 be a preparation for or an introduction to
The report describes the negotiations which led up to the settlement. 这篇报道描述了导致达成协议的谈判的情况。
We studied the events leading up to the First World War. 我们对引起第一次世界大战的那些事件进行了研究。
A series of provocations led up to the border war. 一系列挑衅事件导致边境战争。
My kind words led up to a request for money. 我的同情之言使人们向我要钱。
Chapter One describes the events that led up to the war. 第一章描述了引起战争的一些事件。
使话题(渐渐)转向 direct the conversation towards
His speech was clearly leading up to major announcement of policy. 他的讲演明显地要正式宣布政策。
That's just what I am leading up to. 那正是我就要说到的一点。
- 作为…的准备;导致 be a preparation for or an introduction to
- lead with (v.+prep.)
作为头条报道 start with lead with sth
We'll lead with the dock strike.我们将以码头工人罢工作为头条新闻。
- 作为头条报道 start with lead with sth
- take the lead
占主要地位,领先,带头 set an example for others to follow
Who will take the lead this time? 这次谁来带头?
Japan has taken the lead in car production. 日本在汽车生产中居首位。
It's up to someone to take the lead in condemning these injustices. 得靠某人带个头来谴责这些不公正的行为。
What flower will take the lead of all? 什么花是花王?
She took the lead in everything. 她事事带头。
He took the lead in adopting foreign customs. 他率先采用外国习惯。
They took the lead in making the experiments. 他们带头做试验。
- 占主要地位,领先,带头 set an example for others to follow
- expose lead 暴露铅
- mine lead 采铅矿
- refine lead 精炼铅
- sheet lead 切割铅成小片
- smelt lead 熔解铅
- solder lead 焊接铅
- treat with lead 用铅处理
- unearth lead 开采铅矿
- weight with lead 用铅加重
- lead a blind man 牵引一盲人
- lead a campaign 指挥一场战役
- lead a discussion 引导讨论
- lead a government delegation 率领政府代表团
- lead a guest to his room 领客人到他自己的房间
- lead a happy life 过幸福生活
- lead a hard life 过艰苦生活
- lead a horse 牵着马
- lead a meeting 主持会议
- lead a miserable existence 生活困苦
- lead a movement 领导一场运动
- lead an organization 领导一个组织
- lead a quiet life 过安静生活
- lead a strike 领导罢工
- lead activity 领导一个活动
- lead an army 率领部队
- lead an expedition 率领探险队
- lead chase 使陷入困境
- lead company 率领连队
- lead people 领导一批人
- lead sb a dance 令人焦急
- lead the choir 领导唱诗班
- lead the fighters 指挥战士
- lead the football team 率领着这支足球队
- lead the guests 领客
- lead the orchestra 引导乐队
- lead the parade 走在游行队伍之前
- lead the party 领导这个党
- lead the regiment 引导该团
- lead the singing 指挥唱歌
- lead the two of clubs 先出梅花2
- lead the way 带路,引路
- lead the world in 在…方面名列世界前茅
- lead trumps 首先出王牌
- lead visitors 带领客人
- lead nowhere 毫无结果
- lead boldly 无畏地领导
- lead ceremonially 正式地带入
- lead convincingly 有说服力地引导
- lead deceitfully 欺骗地引导
- lead despotically 专制地领导
- lead dexterously 两手灵巧地引导
- lead easily 容易引导
- lead energetically 精力充沛地领导
- lead fanatically 狂热地领导
- lead fatefully 重要地领导
- lead gallantly 英勇地领导
- lead gradually 渐渐地引导
- lead imaginatively 富有想象地领导
- lead incomparably 举世无双地领导
- lead intelligently 有才智地领导
- lead intrepidly 无畏地领导
- lead mercilessly 无情地领导
- lead naturally 自然引导
- lead nominally 名义上地领导
- lead reluctantly 不情愿地领导
- lead solely 单独引导,单独过日子
- lead supremely 最高级领导
- lead triumphantly 成功地领导
- lead ultimately 最后地指导
- lead unscrupulously 无耻地过…生活
- lead victoriously 胜利地领导
- lead astray 引入歧途
- lead away 带走,使某人盲从,使转向
- lead away from danger 被引出危险境地
- lead the prisoners away 把犯人带走
- lead back 带回,按搭档出牌的花色出牌
- lead a horse back 把马牵回去
- lead back to the right way 引回到正道
- lead down to the river 通向河边,流入河里
- lead forward 领向前去
- lead in 引入,开始介绍,引出,导入(某言论)
- lead the visitors in 领进客人
- lead off 开始,领走
- lead off a dance 领头起舞
- lead on 引领…继续前进,引诱
- lead out 开始,带(舞伴)起舞
- lead out a lady to a dance 带一位女士入舞池跳舞
- lead across the road 领…过马路
- lead against the city 率领攻城
- lead against the enemy 率领打击敌人
- lead around the city 带某人在城里各处游览
- lead by 领着,(路)经过
- lead by eight seconds 领先八秒
- lead sb by the hand 挽着某人的手
- lead by the nose 牵着鼻子走
- lead from victory to victory 领导从胜利走向胜利
- lead in a race 在赛跑中领跑
- lead in an oil production 在石油方面领先
- lead into 领进,通向
- lead into a trap 引某人落入圈套
- lead into the court 通向院子
- lead into the drawing room 领进客厅
- lead into the garden 通往花园
- lead into the house 把某人带进屋
- lead off the field 领…离开运动场
- lead out of the burning building 把…从燃烧着的大楼中救出来
- lead through 穿过
- lead through the forest 带领某人穿过森林
- lead to 领往,通往
- lead to ambiguity 产生歧义
- lead up to 领向,导致
- lead up to convention 导致开会
- lead up to the front door 领到门前
- lead with 把…作为头条新闻
- lead with the dock strike 以码头工人罢工作为头条新闻
- assume the lead 开始处于领导地位
- build up sb's lead 加强某人的领导〔领先〕地位
- gain the lead 获得领先地位
- give up the lead 放弃领先地位
- have a lead 领先
- hold a safe lead 遥遥领先
- hold the lead 保持领先地位
- increase sb's lead 加强某人的领导〔领先〕地位
- lose the lead 丧失领先地位
- maintain the lead 保持领先地位
- relinquish the lead 放弃领先地位
- take the lead 领先
- provide leads for 为…提供线索
- run down a lead 按线索追踪
- track down a lead 按线索追踪
- play the lead 担任主角
- commanding lead 明显的领先地位
- dull lead 不光彩的榜样
- female lead 女主角
- male lead 男主角
- merciless lead 残忍的领导
- proper lead 正确的领导
- safe lead 稳稳领先
- unencumbered lead 无拘无束的领导
A heavy summons lies like lead upon me.出自：Macbeth,Shakespeare
The ship went down like lead.出自：Coleridge
Causing the Clouds to lead in store of rain.出自：Joseph Hall
One shilling a load is the price..for leading a cart-load of warp.出自：W. B. Stonehouse
- lead做动词使用，可以解释为“引导”，“领导”，如lead him there或者lead somebody to his home；
Where does this lead to?
- lead作“引导”解时往往跟to引起的介词短语作状语或宾语补足语;作“领导”解时可接“in+ v -ing”;lead作“使得”解时可接带to的动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语。
- lead, lead to
lead的意思是“率领”“引导”;lead to的意思是“导致”“通向”。例如:He led the allied forces during the war.他在战时领导盟军。This road leads to the park. 这条路通向公园。
- lead up to, lead into
这两个短语的共同意思是“通往”“通向”,其后接表示地点或处所的名词。其区别是：lead up to含“通向…上”的意味;lead into含“通向…内”的意味。
- lead, conduct, direct, guide
这组动词的共同意思是“引导”“指引”。它们之间的区别是:1.conduct有时表示既做向导又当助手; guide表示带路者熟悉沿途情况,并在领路时加以指点; lead强调走在前面领路,也可指带领他人共同去达到某个目标; direct表示为某人指方向,指出某种途径,但自己并不亲自引路,也表示“指导”别人的事务或活动。例如:
- He guided them round the Art Show.
- I'll lead, you must follow me.
- He conducted a party of tourists to Europe.
- Tom directed him to the bus stop.
- lead, take
- He led her to the cinema.
- He took her to the cinema.
- What led you to believe I was ill?
- What led you into believing I was ill?
- direct conduct guide lead pilot
误 The schoolmaster leads us to build school.
正 The schoolmaster leads us in building school.
正 The schoolmaster leads us in building of school.
误 Such a trouble has never been led me before.
正 I've never been led such a trouble before.
误 What led him run away?
正 What led him to run away?
误 The guide led us to visit the farm.
正 The guide led us in the visit to the farm.
误 This path leads down the river.
正 This path leads down to the river.
错句：there are many poor people who lead bitter life.
纠正：ther are many poor people who lead a bitter life.
分析：lead a life ，过着...的生活，是固定词组，冠词a不能省略，lead a life也可以改成live a life。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的aidn；最初源自西日耳曼语的laithjan，意为引领。
- lead:中土居宏宜 HirokiNakadoi （一） ？？诞生日：1985/7/26？？出生地：大阪府 ？？星座：狮子座？？视力：左右0.9 ？？血型：A型？？身长：169cm （生长中） ？？…