- vt. 收养 take the child of another person into one's family to become one's own child
- vt. 采用,采纳,采取 take sth as one's own
- vt. 正式接受,通过 accept formally or officially; approve
- choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans;
"She followed the feminist movement"
"The candidate espouses Republican ideals"
- take up and practice as one's own
- take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities;
"When will the new President assume office?"
- take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect;
"His voice took on a sad tone"
"The story took a new turn"
"he adopted an air of superiority"
"She assumed strange manners"
"The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
- take into one's family;
"They adopted two children from Nicaragua"
- put into dramatic form;
"adopt a book for a screenplay"
- take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own;
"She embraced Catholicism"
"They adopted the Jewish faith"
- The schools must adopt new methods of teaching foreign languages.
- She was left an orphan and a poor peasant woman adopted her.
- To adopt the fruits of sin was to give countenance to it.
- We should adopt the consumers' suggestion.
Many childless couples adopt children.
He told his neighbours that he had adopted me.
The family adopted a puppy.
I'll adopt her in my school.
I like your methods of teaching and I shall adopt them in my school.
To achieve these ends, we must adopt the above mentioned measures.
The factories have adopted the newest modern technology.
We're willing to adopt your plan.
We have adopted a course different from theirs.
Were we to adopt this view, we would isolate ourselves.
After going to France he soon adopted the French way of life.
The school must adopt new methods of teaching foreign languages.
You should always adopt an attitude of deference before your superiors.
In 1971 Britain also adopted the decimal system.1971
The House adopted the report.
The meeting adopted a resolution.
I was adopted as a baby, and never knew my real parents.
His proposal was adopted by the committee.
- adopt as (v. + prep.)
收养,抱养 take sb into one's family as a relation for ever; accept sb else's child
The family have adopted three children as their own. 那家收养了三个孩子。
选某人为… choose sb as (a representative, etc.)
We have adopted Mr. Stevens as our candidate at the next election. 我们表决通过了史蒂文斯先生为我们下届选举的候选人。
He adopts his niece as his heir. 他指定他的侄女为继承人。
I don't adopt him as a friend. 我不认他作朋友。
The old artist adopted me as a pupil. 那老画家收我为弟子。
- 收养,抱养 take sb into one's family as a relation for ever; accept sb else's child
- be adopted into (v. + prep.)
被…所收养 be taken into one's family as a relation by sb/sth
He was adopted into a respectable family. 他被一有声望的家族所收养。
He was adopted into the bride's family. 他入赘于新娘家中。
- 被…所收养 be taken into one's family as a relation by sb/sth
- be adopted from (v. + prep.)
选自…,取自… choose or take sth from some place
This word is adopted from French. 这个词来源于法语。
- 选自…,取自… choose or take sth from some place
- adopt an attitude 采取一种态度
- adopt the budget 通过预算
- adopt Eastern forms of dress 采用东方的服装样式
- adopt the homeless orphan 收养无家可归的孤儿
- adopt measures 采取措施
- adopt methods 采用方法
- adopt the new rule 通过新章程
- adopt a policy 采取方针
- adopt a proposal 采纳建议
- adopt a suggestion 采纳建议
- adopt the resolution 通过议案
- adopt steps 采取步骤
- adopt tactics 采取策略
- adopt a technique 采取手法
- adopt the view 采纳观点
- adopt apparently 明显地接受
- adopt arbitrarily 武断地采纳,擅自采用
- adopt deceitfully 不诚实地采用
- adopt dogmatically 教条地搬用
- adopt formally 正式批准
- adopt frankly 坦率地接受
- adopt immediately 立即通过
- adopt legally 合法收养
- adopt prudently 谨慎地采纳
- adopt secretly 秘密通过
- adopt solemnly 郑重接受
- adopt ultimately 最终采纳
- adopt unanimously 一致通过
- adopt widely 广泛采用
I had rather to adopt a child than get it.出自：Othello,Shakespeare
Those whom he happens to adopt as favourites.出自：S. Johnson
- adopt是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语。作“采用,采纳,采取”解时,后面常接方法、方针、步骤、政策、意见、态度、计划之类的名词; 作“正式通过或接受”解时,后面常接报告、议案、决议、方案、计划之类的名词。
- ☆ 1540年左右进入英语，直接源自法语的adopter；最初源自拉丁语的adopatre，意为有选择的采取。
- adopt:adopt vt. 采用, 收养 英英解释:动词adopt:1. choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or p…