- v. 尊敬；视为；注视；留意；和 ... 有关
- n. 关心；尊敬；注意；致意；考虑
- vt. 认作 consider in the stated way
- vt. 注视; 注意 look at in the stated way; pay attention to
- [U]注意,关心 attention to or concern for sb/sth
- [U]尊重,尊敬 esteem or consideration; respect
- [P]致意,问候 kind wishes; greeting
- [U]关于某人或某事,在这点上 in connection with sb/sth; in this〔that〕 connection; concerning sb/sth
(usually preceded by `in') a detail or point;
"it differs in that respect"
paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people);
"his attentiveness to her wishes"
"he spends without heed to the consequences"
(usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare;
"give him my kind regards"
"my best wishes"
a long fixed look;
"he fixed his paternal gaze on me"
the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded);
"it is held in esteem"
"a man who has earned high regard"
a feeling of friendship and esteem;
"she mistook his manly regard for love"
"he inspires respect"
an attitude of admiration or esteem;
"she lost all respect for him"
deem to be;
"She views this quite differently from me"
"I consider her to be shallow"
"I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
look at attentively
connect closely and often incriminatingly;
"This new ruling affects your business"
- The artist was highly regarded.
- I regard reading as a form of recreation.
- He regards the bad weather as a prognostic of failure.
- He regarded the famous scientist with worship in his eyes.
- Mary regarded the photo intently.
- He seldom regards my advice.
- That does not regard me.
- No one showed the least regard for his feelings.
- I have done that out of regard for my sister.
- We have a great regard for the advanced workers.
- John is a pilot held in high regard.
- You should pay more regard to safety on the roads.
- If you should see him, please give him my regards.
- Give my best regards to your parents.
- The skyscraper have been built with no regard for us.
- Don't regard this very seriously.
- They don't regard my opinion about such matters.
- If you fail to regard my warning, you may be sorry.
- He booked the holiday without regarding my wishes.
- He seldom regards my advice.
- They all regarded him highly.
- That does not regard me.
- The matter does not regard you at all.
- He regarded me thoughtfully.
- The man regarded them curiously.
- I do not regard the prospects of the company favourably.
- Since then his work has been highly regarded.
- His work is highly regarded by other painters.
- He has been highly regarded in his hometown.
- You never regard what I say.
- We all regarded him as a hero.
- We all regard him as an honest boy.
- She now regarded herself as a woman.
- Neither beasts nor birds would regard the bat as a friend.
- We regard labour as a matter of honour.
- I regard your action as a crime.
- I should regard that as entirely unjust.
- Nevertheless, he regarded the digging of the water hole as necessary.
- He did not regard himself as ill and therefore never demanded any special treatment.
- I regard your suggestion as worth considering.
- They regarded the lecture as boring.
- She is generally regarded as one of the best writers in the country.
- He is regarded as an authority on the subject.
- She's generally regarded as a nuisance.
- More regard must be paid to safety on the roads.
- He shows no regard for the feelings of others.
- No one had the least regard for his comfort.
- He ran into the burning building, without regard for his safety.
- He turned his regard on the accused man.
- His regard was fixed on the horizon.
- Have some regard for cleanliness.
- He is held in the highest regard by all his pupils.
- The report pays little regard to the facts of the case.
- My regard for him grew day by day.
- He is held in slight regard.
- I have little regard for liars.
- They went aboard the ship to express their cordial regards to the queen.
- Please give my regards to your brother.
- Tell Janet we send her our regards.
- He sent his regards.
- We have succeeded in one crucial regard making this scandal public.
- as regards
关于,至于 concerning or connected with sb/sth
as regards sb/sth
As regards John,I will write to him at once.
As regards the contract, the second paragraph must be changed.
You needn't worry as regards the cost of the operation.
As regards money,I have enough.
- regard with( v.+prep. )
以(某种心态)来看(某人或某事) have an opinion about (sb/sth) showing (a way of feeling about him〔her〕 or it)
regard sb/oneself/sth with sth
She was regarding me with smiling eyes.
For a moment she regarded me with wide eyes.
The tidy committee men regard them with horror, knowing that no pigeonholes can be found for them.
She regarded dressmaking with great dislike.
Mary's father regarded Jim with disapproval even after they were married.
He was small and well dressed, and seemed to regard himself with some importance.
I regard his behaviour with suspicion.
We regard these developments with grave concern.
- in this〔that〕 regard
在这〔那〕点上 in this〔that〕 connection
- in〔with〕 regard to
关于某人〔某事〕,在这点上 in connection with sb/sth; in this〔that〕 connection; concerning sb/sth
- regard article 在意文章
- regard sb's advice 在意某人的劝告
- regard sb's opinion 重视某人的意见
- regard warning 在意警告
- regard wish 尊重意愿
- regard anxiously 焦急地注视
- regard curiously 好奇地打量
- regard favourably 前途乐观
- regard generally 普遍认为
- regard highly 非常尊重
- regard icily 冷冰冰地注视
- regard seriously 过分介意
- regard sternly 严厉地注视
- regard suspiciously 疑惑地打量
- regard thoughtfully 若有所思地打量
- regard unfavourably 不受尊重
- convey regards 传达问候
- earn regard 赢得尊敬
- have regard 考虑
- meet regard 对视
- pay regard 重视
- send regards 带去问候
- show regard 顾及
- turn regard 转移注意
I am a bard of no regard Wi' gentlefolks.出自： R. Burns
Views differ as to how the book is to be regarded.出自： J. Orr
She tended to regard most men..as children.出自： B. Pym
- regard作“致意,问候”解时,多用复数形式,常与give, send, convey, present等动词连用,也常用于best regards, with warm regards等短语中。
- with〔in〕 regard to作“关于,在这点上”解,其中介词to不可用其他介词代替。
I regard her as a good worker.
I regard her as good.
I have a high regard for your father.
with regard to，in regard to，in regard of和as regards都可指“关于”，不过需要注意其区别：in regard of的用法最不普遍。没有with regard of这种结构。as regards中的regard作及物动词，不可省略s，也不可加上to。Regards虽属于现在时态，却可用于过去的事。 with regard to和in regard to中to作介词，后接动名词。以上几种表达方式都习惯被用于正式文字中，口语中较少见；
Before graduation I knew very little as regards foreign affairs.
With/In regard to writing essays, I should like to have your advice.
Please give my best regards to your parents.
注意Best regards等同于I Send you my best regards.所以用句号结尾，但 With best regards是短语，用逗号结尾。
- regard, adore, esteem, honour, respect
- 这几个词都有“尊敬,尊重”的意思。其区别在于:respect指对人的意见,行为,品德及才华等的尊重; esteem和regard比respect庄重,程度也更进一步,指十分尊重,并含有爱戴的意思; honour指公开表示尊重; adore在口语中还有非常喜欢的意思,作“敬爱,崇拜,爱慕”解。例如:
- He was such a selfless man; everybody respected him. 他是这样一个大公无私的人,人人都尊敬他。
- The old teacher was much loved and esteemed.这位老教师很受大家的爱戴。
- I have always regarded him highly.我一直很尊重他。
- He adores a famous scientist.他崇拜一位著名的科学家。
- Flowers are placed before his grave to honour his memory.人们在他墓前放上鲜花以表示对他的敬意。
- regard, consider
- 1.consider强调经过考虑后得出比较客观的看法; 而regard则常指对外表的看法或凭眼睛所见而作的评价,强调主观地认为。试比较:
- They consider his brother an honest man.
- We regard her as a poor woman.
- 我们把她当作穷女人。(但实际上她 却可能很有钱)
- 2.consider不仅能直接带复合宾语,而且能用to be或as结构,且to be/as常可省略; regard只可接as,且不能省略。下面几个句子的意思相同:
- I consider him a fool.
- I consider him as a fool.
- I consider him to be a fool.
- I regard him as a fool.
- as regards, in regard to, with regard to
- 这三个短语均为正式用语,用以引导要讨论的话题,意为“关于,至于”,三者通常可以互换,但in regard to一般不放在句首,而其他两者则可以。
误 I regarded him to be a dangerous person.
正 I regarded him as dangerous.
正 I regarded him as a dangerous person.
析 regard后不能接“to be+ n./adj. ”充当宾语补足语的复合宾语,但可接“as+ n./adj. ”充当宾语补足语的复合宾语。他被看成是最有希望的球员。
误 He is regarded the most promising player.
正 He is regarded as the most promising player.
析 regard用于被动结构时仍然要和as搭配,即be regarded as。艾德被认为是个有才华的青年。
误 Ade is regarded as being a talented youth.
正 Ade is regarded as a talented youth.
析 regard as后面可直接接名词,也可接形容词,但不能接动名词。关于这个问题,他们没说什么。
误 They said nothing as regard the matter.
正 They said nothing as regards the matter.提到工资的事,我想说几句。
误 As regard the wages,I have a few words to say.
正 As regards the wages,I have a few words to day.两年前我对这个题目不大了解。
误 I knew very little as regard the subject two years ago.
正 I knew very little as regards the subject two years ago.
析 as regards为固定短语,表示“关于”,相当于regarding,不可说as regard。
误 Please give my kind regard to your family.
正 Please give my kind regards to your family.
析 give one's regards to sb 为固定词组,表示“向…致意”或“代…向…问候”, regard须用复数形式。我对他一直怀着极大的敬意。
误 I have always had the greatest regard to him.
正 I have always had the greatest regard for him.
析 regard后接介词to时表示“注意…,关心…”; 表示“尊敬…”时用regard for。关于你的建议,我们会仔细考虑的。
误 With regards to your suggestions, we shall discuss them thoroughly.
正 With regard to your suggestions, we shall discuss them thoroughly.
析 in〔with〕 regard to为固定词组,其中的regard用单数形式。他做每一件事情都不考虑后果。
误 He does everything without regard of the consequences.
正 He does everything without regard to the consequences.
析 without regard to是一个固定词组,表示“不考虑…”,不可说without regard of。
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的regard：re (强调） + gard (看，观察），意为仔细观察。
- value n.
- disregard 不顾