- vt. & vi. 收受; 接受 take willingly sth that is offered; say “yes” to an offer, invitation, etc.; take sth that sb gives you; take or receive (sth offered or given), especially willingly
- vt. & vi. 同意; 答应; 认可 agree to do what sb asks or suggests; agree to or approve of sth
- vt. 相信 recognize that sth is true, fair, or right; believe that sth is true; recognize as being true or right
- vt. 承认; 承担 admit that you are responsible or to blame for sth
- vt. 忍受; 容忍 recognize that a bad situation exists and cannot be avoided or changed
- vt. 接纳; 吸收(成员) allow sb to join an organization
- vt. & vi. 承兑 make a particular form of payment
consider or hold as true;
"I cannot accept the dogma of this church"
"accept an argument"
receive willingly something given or offered;
"The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter"
"I won't have this dog in my house!"
"Please accept my present"
give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to;
"I cannot accept your invitation"
"I go for this resolution"
react favorably to; consider right and proper;
"People did not accept atonal music at that time"
"We accept the idea of universal health care"
admit into a group or community;
"accept students for graduate study"
"We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person;
"I'll accept the charges"
"She agreed to bear the responsibility"
tolerate or accommodate oneself to;
"I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"
"I swallowed the insult"
"She has learned to live with her husband's little idiosyncrasies"
be designed to hold or take;
"This surface will not take the dye"
receive (a report) officially, as from a committee
make use of or accept for some purpose;
"take a risk"
"take an opportunity"
be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal;
"The cow accepted the bull"
- We gave him a present,but he did not accept it.
- She is too independent to accept charity.
- she accepted the judge's decision.
- They accepted responsibility for the accident.
- She offered him a lift and he accepted.
- After a little persuasion, he accepted.
- If you accept, please let me know.
- They offered her a job, and she accepted without hesitation.
- He offered her a lift and she accepted.
- He asked her to marry him and she accepted.
- The firm accepted for $200 only.
- He asked her to marry him and she accepted him.
- The local people never really accepted us.
- I hardly like accepting it.
- I accept your apology.
- I accepted your advice.
- Finally they accepted our terms.
- I can't accept your advice in this matter.
- He accepted criticism with an open mind.
- She did not accept his hand in marriage.
- She is still angry and refuses to accept my apology.
- We hesitated to accept the proposal.
- He accepted the job.
- I cannot accept this gift.
- He accepted the present with hearty thanks.
- Will you accept my invitation?
- I've accepted her invitation to go to her dinner.
- Please accept my best wishes for your success.
- Please accept this gift and my gratitude.
- She sincerely accepted this customer's criticism.
- They accepted his article for publication.
- I am here to accept the award on Ms. Winslet's behalf.
- Sauders has been convicted for accepting bribes.
- We accepted a very hard assignment.
- They found it hard to accept defeat.
- She received his present but she didn't accept it.
- They offered him a large sum of money but he didn't accept it.
- Scholars now generally accept Einstein's theory of relativity.
- He accepted simply, as a matter of course, the tradition.
- Our clients will never accept this proposal.
- They accepted the plan in principle.
- We cannot accept your view on this subject.
- Those people will never accept abstract sculpture.
- A publisher in New York has accepted her novel for publication.
- He accepted the judge's decision.
- I know it's not fair, but you'll just have to accept it.
- The company accepted his plan and bought new machines.
- I cannot accept an excuse like that.
- Sam accepted her explanation without question.
- Mary is so credulous that she may readily accept any excuse you make.
- The media must accept their share of the blame.
- The boy accepted full responsibility for breaking the window.
- We accept liability for the accident.
- We cannot accept liability for items stolen from your car.
- This wood will not accept oil paints.
- There's no time to hold meetings. So do it! Yes,I accept responsibility.
- The hotel accepts traveller's cheque.
- We accept personal cheques with proper identification .
- She applied to join the League and was accepted.
- This theory has not been generally accepted.
- His views on genetics are not now widely accepted.
- The idea of universal education is widely accepted.
- This argument is unlikely to be accepted by the court.
- The completed project has been checked and accepted by the government.
- The design of the new car was not accepted by the public.
- After some discussion, this proposition was accepted by both sides.
- Most of the report's recommendations have been accepted by the government.
- Has he been accepted at Cambridge University?
- Betty was finally accepted in the best circles.
- Under the new law, gay people will be accepted in the armed forces.
- Some people have recently been accepted into the Party.
- The proposal will be accepted upon the following conditions.
- I finally accepted to work with them.
- Miss Frangron accepted to come and have all three acts read to her.
- She was accepted to study music.
- At last she accepted marrying him.
- She could not accept lagging behind others.
- I never accept meekly being pushed around .
- It cannot have been easy for a grown man to accept being carried about in the locked arms of aids.
- We've accepted that we'll vote tomorrow.
- Many countries accept that they will need to maintain a powerful collective defence.
- For a long time, he simply could not accept that she was dead.
- I accept that I was wrong to be so angry.
- I accept that the aircraft has no choice but to make a forced landing.
- I accepted that I was wrong.
- I can't accept that he is to blame.
- Most scientists accept that climate change is linked to carbon emissions.
- Did you accept that his statement was true?
- She didn't accept that I was telling the truth.
- Do you accept what he told you?
- It is accepted that the superpowers are each seeking world wide domination.
- It's accepted that the universe is endless.
- It's generally accepted that smoking causes bad health.
- Government accepted the whole affair to be an unfortunate accident.
- Please accept the diamond ring as a present.
- I accept him as the best student in our class.
- He accepted a position as accountant.
- I cannot accept you as my assistant.
- They accepted me as a member of their organization.
- The manager did not accept her as his secretary.
- The opposition party has decided to accept him as premier.
- The crowd accepted her statement as truth.
- The police accept his story as true.
- They accept the news as authoritative.
- We accepted the conclusion as correct.
- She accepted the rumour as true.
- You may accept the book as a safe guide.
- Don't accept everything you have heard as true.
- She has been accepted as a new member of the club.
- He was accepted as a member of the tennis club.
- It may be provisionally accepted as a fact.
- The opinion is accepted as true.
- Mexico was accepted as a member of the OECD in 1994.
- The new theory became widely accepted.
- This is the standard accepted by all.
- accept a bill of exchange 承兑票据
- accept a challenge 应战
- accept a favour 接受恩惠
- accept a gift 接受礼物
- accept a job 接受一份工作
- accept aid 接受援助
- accept an apology 接受道歉
- accept an assignment 接受任务
- accept an award 领奖
- accept an invitation 接受邀请
- accept a note of exchange 承兑票据
- accept an office 接受职务
- accept a present 接受礼物
- accept a task 接受任务
- accept battle 应战
- accept check 接收支票
- accept cheque 接收支票
- accept criticism 接受批评
- accept defeat 承认失败
- accept delivery of goods 负责送货
- accept failure 承认失败
- accept family planning 赞同计划生育
- accept help 接受帮助
- accept liability 承担责任
- accept membership 接受为成员或会员
- accept modern music 认同现代音乐
- accept one's fate 认命
- accept rewards 接受酬劳
- accept sb's advice 接受某人的劝告
- accept sb's decision 赞同某人的决定
- accept sb's excuse 相信某人的解释
- accept sb's explanation 相信某人的辩解
- accept sb's good will 接受某人的好意
- accept sb's hand in marriage 答应与某人结婚
- accept sb's kind offer 接受某人的好意
- accept sb's proposal 接受某人的建议
- accept sb's reasons 相信某人的理由
- accept sb's suggestion 接受某人的建议
- accept sb's terms 接受某人的条件
- accept the conditions 接受条件
- accept the consequence 承担后果
- accept the plan 赞同这个计划
- accept the present situation 承认现状
- accept the situation 听天由命
- accept the theory 赞同这一理论
- accept the truth of sb's statements 认为某人的陈述属实
- accept this view 同意这种见解
- accept sth as truth 承认…是事实
- accept sth from sb 接受某人的…
- accept blindly 盲目地接受
- accept bravely 勇敢地接受; 大胆地接受
- accept casually 非正式地承认
- accept cautiously 谨慎地接受
- accept cheerfully 愉快地接受
- accept complacently 自鸣得意地接受
- accept courteously 谦恭地接受
- accept credulously 轻信
- accept eagerly 热切地接受
- accept elatedly 兴高采烈地接受
- accept enthusiastically 热情接受
- accept fatalistically 听天由命地领受
- accept frankly 真诚地接受
- accept generally 普遍地接受
- accept good-naturedly 温厚地接受
- accept graciously 彬彬有礼地接受
- accept gratefully 感恩地接受
- accept grudgingly 勉强接受
- accept implicitly 含蓄地承认
- accept impulsively 冲动地接受
- accept magnanimously 大度地接受
- accept passively 被动接受
- accept peacefully 平静地接受
- accept philosophically 冷静地接受
- accept phlegmatically 冷淡地接受
- accept provisionally 暂且接受
- accept readily 欣然接受
- accept reasonably 明智地接受
- accept reluctantly 勉强接受
- accept sincerely 诚恳地接受
- accept skeptically 心存怀疑地接受
- accept slavishly 盲从地接受
- accept stoically 淡泊地接受
- accept thankfully 感激地接受
- accept unhesitatingly 即刻接受; 毫不犹豫地接受
- accept universally 完全接受
- accept unreservedly 无保留地接受
- accept unwillingly 勉强接受; 不情愿地接受
- accept widely 广泛接受
- accept willingly 乐意接受
- accept for 当作,把…理解为
- accept for a fact 把…当作事实
- accept for $200 only 只承兑200美元
- accept in principle 原则上同意
- accept of 接受
- accept upon 按…接受
- accept upon the following conditions 按下列条件接受
- accept with an open mind 虚心接受
- accept with hearty thanks 衷心感谢地接受
- accept without question 毫无疑问地接受
The husband she had thoughtlessly accepted.出自： M. Pattison
Mr Mulligan accepted of the invitation.出自： Joyce
Accept my gratitude for your warning.出自： E. O
A great many more accepted Than we thought would want to come.出自： absol.
- accept的基本意思是“接受”,如接受礼物、邀请、好意、批评、建议、接纳为成员等等。引申可表示“承认; 同意; 认可; 相信”,如答应某些条件、相信某种解释、相信某事属实、认同某种理论、承担责任、容忍或忍受困境等等。在商业用语中accept则表示“承兑; 接受(某种付款方式)”。
- accept具有明显的主观色彩,不仅客观上“接”,而且更主要的是主观上的“受”。accept某人的劝说或者建议时表示你情愿地按照他们的劝说或建议去做; accept令人不愉快的情形时表示你认识到这是不能改变的、必须接受的现实,即含不情愿和勉强之意。
- accept主要用作及物动词,其宾语可为名词、代词或动名词,也可接动词不定式。作“认可; 相信”等解时可接that/wh-从句。作“承认…是…”解时还常接以“as+ n./adj./v -ing”充当补足语的复合宾语,这时as不可省略。
- accept表示声明“接受”或“不接受”邀请,通常用现在时态。表示为大学或俱乐部所接受时,后面所跟的介词是 by 而不是 to; 表示“聘用”时,后面接介词 for。
- 同receive不同，accept是“接受”，而receive是“收到”。accept a present是“接受一个礼物”，不会退还，而receive a present是“收到一个礼物”，有可能会退还；
- accept和accept of以前可以替换使用，现accept of用的比较少，往往带有“正式”或“垂恩”之意。只适用于说接受present，favour，love，hospitality等，不适于接受theory，advice，apology，challenge，offer，invitation，ruling等；
If you accept, please let me know immediately.
I am pleased to accept your invitation.
不用I shall be pleased to accept your invitation.
She accepted my claim to be heard.
- accept, believe
- 这两个词都可以表示“相信”,但含义上有细微差别。accept强调的是对某人的解释或声明的真实性感到满意或认为可以接受,有时含有不加鉴别或者无可奈何甚至是违心的意思,常可译为“认可”; 而believe则强调相信某事是真的。例如:
- He accepted the explanation without question.他认可了这个解释,没有提出疑问。
- We no longer believed the lies spread by them.我们再也不相信他们散布的谣言了。
- accept, receive
- Her husband did not accept〔receive〕 her story.她的丈夫不相信她的话。
- The theory was not received〔accepted〕 as truth by the broad masses of people.这一理论并未被广大人民群众当成真理。
- 1.从搭配上说:在表示“受到教育〔惩罚,支持〕”和“接待客人”等意时只能用receive,不能用accept; 而在表示“接受某条件”时却只能用accept,而不能用receive。
- 2.从含义上说: receive只表示“被动地收到”这一事实,而accept则多了一层主观上“某种程度甚至完全赞同”的意味。例如:
- I've received an invitation but I don't think I'll accept.我收到一份邀请,但不准备接受。
- Though he has received several offers, he can accept only one of them.虽然他收到了几处的聘请,但他只能接受其中之一。
- 再如,收到(receive)别人的致歉,但不一定予以承认(accept); 头脑可以接收(receive)某一思想,但不一定认同(accept); 一个人可以为社会所容纳(receive),但不一定为他人所理解(accept)。简而言之,“accept=receive+乐意地”。
- 此外, receive之后还可以拒绝甚至退回,而一经accept,则除极特殊情况外,一般是不能再拒绝或退回的。因此,复信中写I've received your invitation.就显得不够礼貌了。
- accept as, consider as
- accept as是有了客观因素后才“把…看成是…”; 而consider as是指经过主观上的思考或亲身经历后才“认为…是…”。
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的accepter，意为给什么拿什么；最初源自拉丁语的capere，意为心甘情愿地领受。
- receive willingly
- receive with favour
- take sth offered
- accede to
- agree to
- assent to
- consent to
- grant as satisfactory
- receive with approval
- accepted adj. 公认的