- =Whip Inflation Now 立即制止通货膨胀（1975年美国总统福特发动的对付通货膨胀及经济衰退的运动）
- vt. & vi. 赢得; 获胜 get by working hard, by being better than others; be successful
- vt. 经努力达到 reach or arrive at by effort
- vt. 争取,说服 persuade sb by argument
- [C] 胜,赢 victory in the game, contest, etc.
- a victory (as in a race or other competition);
"he was happy to get the win"
- something won (especially money)
- be the winner in a contest or competition; be victorious;
"He won the Gold Medal in skating"
"Our home team won"
"Win the game"
- win something through one's efforts;
"I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"
"Gain an understanding of international finance"
- obtain advantages, such as points, etc.;
"The home team was gaining ground"
"After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"
- attain success or reach a desired goal;
"The enterprise succeeded"
"We succeeded in getting tickets to the show"
"she struggled to overcome her handicap and won"
- That horse is a cinch to win the next race.
- She has a fervent desire to win.
- She needs to win this point to level the score.
- He is expected to win the game with ease.
- Her performance won her much critical acclaim.
- The team has chalked up its fifth win in a row.
- The unexpected win boosted the team's morale.
Tom and Harry won.
The baby's a boy after all, so you win!
Which side won the match?
They won the basketball match.
He won a bronze medal.
We shall win greater victories in the future.
She won her diploma in only three years.
Last year they also won a rich harvest.
The speaker soon won his audience.
She can't win new friends there, though she's tried.
You have won me.
The battle was won and the enemy defeated, but we suffered heavy losses.
That invention won him a medal.
His genuine kindness of heart will win him many friends.
The book won him reputation.
The invention won him a fame.
She can quickly win her the friendship of her classmates.
By her hard work she won herself fame and fortune.
By her hard work she won a place for herself in the school team.
I've won her to try again.
I have won him to agree with us.
We have won them to support us.
He won his father to buy him a new car.
They had a big win on the football pools.
Four more wins and the team will clinch the championship.
This season we've had three wins and two defeats.
His gambling losses exceeded his wins.
- win against (v.+prep.)
战胜…,打赢… obtain as the result of fighting, competition, etc. win against sb/sth
We win against all obstacles.我们克服了一切障碍,取得了胜利。
We will win against his team.我们将打败他的队。
It will be impossible for me to win against him.我不可能战胜他。
In the basketball game we won against them by the heavy score of 48 to 22.这场篮球赛,我们以48比22的悬殊比分打败了他们。
- 战胜…,打赢… obtain as the result of fighting, competition, etc. win against sb/sth
- win at (v.+prep.)
获胜; 赢得 gain a victory in a game, event , etc.; gain sth such as money, a prize, etc. win at sth
John is so lucky, he always wins at cards.约翰真幸运,他玩牌总是赢。win sth at sth
Did you win any money at the races today?在今天的赛马中你赢钱了吗?
Jim won most of the prizes at the Games.吉姆夺得了运动会上的大部分奖品。
- 获胜; 赢得 gain a victory in a game, event , etc.; gain sth such as money, a prize, etc. win at sth
- win away (v.+adv.)
争取过来 cause sb to change his loyalty from sb/sth win sb ⇔ away
His action might encourage the party to try to win more members away from the opposition party.他的行动可能会鼓励该党从对立的党派中争取过来更多的成员。
- 争取过来 cause sb to change his loyalty from sb/sth win sb ⇔ away
- win back (v.+adv.)
重新获得,夺回 regain sth/sb win sb/sth ⇔ back
What can I do to win my wife back?我该怎么办才能重新夺回我的妻子?
There is still time to win him back by gentle persuasion.还有时间通过婉言说服工作把他争取回来。
The team is determined to win the prize back next year!那个球队决心明年夺回奖牌!
She has managed to win him back.她终于又获得了他的爱情。
He has won back their favour.他重新获得了他们的青睐。
- 重新获得,夺回 regain sth/sb win sb/sth ⇔ back
- win free
争得自由或成功 become free or successful
The young man was glad to win free of his mother's control at last. 这年轻人终于摆脱了他母亲的控制,很高兴。
After many long arguments, the under-director won free and was allowed to run the system his own way. 经过许多次长时间的辩论之后,副主任获胜,并获准以自己的一套方法来管理该系统。
It took a long battle in the courts for the prisoner to win free although he knew that he was not guilty. 这囚犯明知自己无罪,但还需在法庭上进行长时间的斗争后才能获释。
- 争得自由或成功 become free or successful
- win out (v.+adv.)
最终获得成功 be successful in the end〔说明〕 win out作此解时不用于进行体。 win out
She finally won out.最后她终于取得了胜利。
I know that whatever you try, you're sure to win out in spite of early difficulties.我知道无论你做什么,尽管开始有重重困难,但肯定最终会成功的。
战胜,胜过 gain a victory over sb/sth win out
This is a life-and-death struggle concerning who will win out.这是一场关系到谁战胜谁的生死斗争。
Correct ideas will certainly win out against erroneous ones.正确意见必将战胜错误意见。
Our product is sure to win out over those of our competitors.我们的产品肯定会优于我们对手的产品。win sth ⇔ out
Good will win out evil.善最终会战胜恶。
- 最终获得成功 be successful in the end〔说明〕 win out作此解时不用于进行体。 win out
- win over〔round〕 (v.+adv.)
赢得支持,赞同 gain the support of sb, often by persuasionCan you win the director over?We need his vote.你能把董事长争取过来吗?我们需要他的选票。
Both his parents were against his marrying a singer, but when he won over his mother, his father would give in. 他父母都反对他娶一个歌手。可他一旦把母亲争取过来时,他父亲就让步了。
The defense lawyer presented to the court evidences to support this argument, and he eventually won the jury over to his side. 辩护律师向法庭出示了证明他论点的证据,终于把陪审团争取到他的一边。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
Most committee members will support our plan, but the chairman can never be won over. 大多数委员支持我们的计划,但主席绝不会被争取过来。
- 战胜,胜过 score a victory overIf they think they are going to win over us by refusing to make any concession, they are mistaken.要是他们认为只要拒绝作任何让步就可以取得对我们的胜利,那他们就错了。
- 赢得支持,赞同 gain the support of sb, often by persuasionCan you win the director over?We need his vote.你能把董事长争取过来吗?我们需要他的选票。
- win through1 (v.+adv.)
最终获得成功 be successful in the end〔说明〕 win through作此解时不用于进行体。
The candidates all won through. 候选人全部当选。
I know that whatever you try, you're sure to win through in spite of early difficulties. 我知道无论你做什么,最终都会成功的,尽管开始会困难重重。
- 帮助某人恢复健康 help sb to recover from illnessHis life was almost despaired of, but his strong constitution won through.他几乎没有救活的希望了,但他的体质好,终于恢复了健康。
- 最终获得成功 be successful in the end〔说明〕 win through作此解时不用于进行体。
- win through2 (v.+prep.)
通过…获得…; 渡过 gain sth through sth or doing sth; pull through difficulties, etc. win through sth
He won through the hardships of his early life.他熬过了早年的苦难生活。
We won through all difficulties.我们克服重重困难而取得成功。win sth through sth/v-ing
We won victory through protracted struggle.经过长期的斗争,我们取得了胜利。
They have won a lot of money through gambling.他们赌博赢了很多钱。用于 be ～ed 结构
World peace can be won only through determined struggle of the people of the whole world.世界和平只有通过全世界人民的坚决斗争才能取得。
- 通过…获得…; 渡过 gain sth through sth or doing sth; pull through difficulties, etc. win through sth
- win to (v.+prep.)
说服; 参加; 接受 persuade sb to join a group or accept an idea win sb to sth
If anyone objects, we will win him to agreement .假如有人反对,我们就说服他同意。
His forceful speeches have won many young people to the Party.他那有说服力的演讲使得许多年轻人加入了该党。
He speaks so well that he should be able to win most of the committee to his opinion.他很能说,准能使委员会的大多数成员接受他的观点。
- 说服; 参加; 接受 persuade sb to join a group or accept an idea win sb to sth
- win upon (v.+prep.)
吸引,获得…的好感 exercise increasing attraction upon; gain favour or influence with win upon sb
Her beauty won upon everybody.她的美貌吸引了每一个人。
She won upon him by degrees.她逐渐获得他的好感。
This theory will win upon them.这个理论将会使他们感兴趣。
- 吸引,获得…的好感 exercise increasing attraction upon; gain favour or influence with win upon sb
- win a bronze medal 获得铜牌
- win a fortune 获得财产
- win a harvest 获得丰收
- win a lady 赢得一女郎的欢心
- win a prize 得奖
- win a reputation 赢得好名声
- win a victory 赢得胜利
- win achievements 取得成绩
- win award 获得奖学金
- win championship 获得冠军
- win friendship 赢得友谊
- win honour 争光
- win independence 赢得独立
- win money 赢钱
- win new friends 交新朋友
- win sb a place 使…赢得一席之地
- win sb praises 使…获得赞扬
- win sb reputation 使…获得荣誉
- win sb the fame 使…赢得名声
- win sb time 使…赢得时间
- win sb trust 使…赢得信任
- win scholarship 获得奖学金
- win success 获得成功
- win the argument 赢得辩论
- win the ball game 赢球
- win the battle 打胜仗
- win the beauty contest 赢得选美比赛
- win the competition 赢得竞争
- win the diploma 取得文凭
- win the election 赢得选举
- win the game 赢得比赛
- win the golden cup 赢得金杯
- win the harbour 进港
- win the match 赢得比赛
- win the national liberation 赢得民族解放
- win the place 获得名次
- win the race 赢得比赛
- win the shore 抵达岸边
- win the top of the mountain 到达山顶
- win the war 赢得战争
- win by chance 偶然获胜
- win soon 不久获得
- win certainly 必将获得
- win competitively 取决于竞争地获胜
- win decisively 果断地取胜
- win easily 轻易得胜
- win effectually 奏效地获胜
- win fairly 公平获得
- win finally 最终获胜
- win gallantly 勇敢地战胜
- win intrepidly 勇敢地获胜
- win laboriously 艰难获胜
- win phenomenally 非凡地获得
- win purely 侥幸获得
- win spectacularly 获得巨大的胜利
- win strategically 战略上地获胜
- win substantially 实质性的获胜
- win treacherously 背信弃义地获胜
- win away 把(某人)争取过来
- win back the prize 把奖品夺回来
- win back the world respect 重新赢得世界敬重
- win out 最终获得成功
- win over 把…争取过来,说服
- win round 争取过来
- win through 最终获得成功
- win against 在(不利的)情况下获胜
- win against all obstacles 克服障碍而获胜
- win at cards 赢牌
- win at racing 赛跑得胜
- win by eight points to three 以8∶3赢了
- win from 从…赢来
- win of 从…赢来
- win over 战胜
- win through 战胜…取得胜利
- win upon everybody 使人人叹服
- win with a score of six-five 以六比五获胜
- with 14 wins,4 losses and 4 draws 以14胜4负4平的成绩
The new champions..well deserved their win.出自：Times
The victory for equality of rights was won.出自：R. Niebuhr
People sometimes become invalids in order to win sympathy.出自：D. Carnegie
His strategic aim is to win the credit for solving the deficit problem.出自：Independent
- win, achieve, acquire, attain, earn, gain, get, obtain, secure
这组词的共同意思是“取得; 获得”。其区别是：1.除secure是正式用词外,其余各词均为一般用词。2.achieve主要指取得成功、成就或实现预期目的; acquire主要指逐渐获得知识、能力、荣誉等; attain主要指达到重要目标或获得珍贵的东西; earn凭借功劳赚得或获得工资、报酬、荣誉、赞赏等; gain主要指获得或赢得有一定价值的东西; get指以各种方式获得各种所需或不需之物; obtain指获得所需之物或达到预期目的; secure指得到渴望或竞争性的东西; win指在竞争、比赛、争论或战斗中击败对手而赢得胜利或获得人们的爱戴〔好感〕等。3.achieve指克服困难之后而获得; acquire, attain, earn指通过努力而获得; gain指通过巨大努力而获得; obtain多指通过长期努力而获得,有时也指无须经过努力; 其他各词不强调通过努力与否; get可指通过各种方式获得; earn还指凭借功劳而赚得; win还指通过作出优异成绩而赢得。4.achieve强调结果; acquire强调量的增加; attain含有达到完美地步的意味; gain强调所获得之物能够造成的优势; obtain强调愿望得到满足; secure强调有把握或成功地获得。5.get是这组同义词中的最常用词,可指主动争取,也可指被动接受,有时不一定需要很大努力就能获得; acquire指持续,慢慢地获得,强调过程; 而earn, gain都强调经过艰苦努力而获得的这一结果, gain比obtain所付出的努力还要大些; win则指在竞赛中或战斗中赢得或获得胜利,可以通过努力获得,也可以偶然获得。例如:He did not get what he had earned他未获得他应得到的东西。The ability to use a language can be acquired by the act of using the language.运用语言的能力,只能通过不断练习才能获得。She gained rich experience in teaching.她获得了丰富的教学经验。I've got your telegram.我已经收到了你的电报。We wished to obtain first-hand information.我们要能得到第一手情报就好了。Industry won him his success.勤奋使他获得了成功。6.acquire的宾语多为知识、技能等; earn的宾语多为金钱、荣誉等理应得到的东西; obtain的宾语多为期望已久的东西; gain的宾语多为经验、利益、优势、好处等; 而win的宾语则为比赛、战斗等; get的宾语则比较广泛,即既可以是具体的东西,也可以是抽象的事物。例如:He got what he had earned.他获得了他应得到的东西。You must work hard to acquire good knowledge of English.你要用功,以便精通英语。Our firm has gained a good reputation.我们公司赢得了好名声。Then I'll go and get you a chair.我去给你拿把椅子来。At last, he obtained his father's pardon.他终于得到了父亲的原谅。They won the basketball match.他们打赢了这场篮球赛。7.这组动词都可跟简单宾语。get, earn, gain, obtain, secure和win可跟双宾语; secure还可跟wh-从句; win还可跟含不定式的复合宾语。此外, gain和win有时还可用作不及物动词。acquire和attain常跟抽象名词。8.attain常用于庄重场合。win语气比gain强。
- win, beat
- I beat her at swimming yesterday.
- I won the match yesterday.
- win, conquer, defeat, overcome
这组词都可表示“获胜”“打败”。其区别是：win表示“获胜”“赢得”,指在竞赛或战斗中击败对方,宾语一般是战役或胜利等; conquer表示“征服”,此词应用范围很广,既可指靠武力或精神道德方面的力量使对方屈服,又可指在排除障碍和阻力后取得胜利,该词强调的不仅是击败对方,而且还包括使对方就范; defeat应用范围也很广,但不像conquer那样含有彻底击败或征服的意思,而是强调暂时的胜利; overcome的意思是“克服”“战胜”,既可用于战斗或任何竞赛,又可用于感情、习惯等方面,强调压倒或胜过。例如:There has been a tremendous international effort to conquer cancer.全世界已作出了巨大努力来征服癌症。They acknowledged having been defeated.他们承认被打败了。We have the courage to overcome difficulties.我们有战胜困难的勇气。
- acquire obtain gain get win earn secure
误 They won their enemy.
正 They defeated their enemy.
误 They won us by a score of 112 to 99.
正 They won over us by a score of 112 to 99.
析 当表示“赢了某人或胜了某人”时, win后面不可直接接人作宾语,须使用介词over。
误 His goal is to win the prize over next year.
正 His goal is to win the prize back next year.
析 表示“重新赢得”“重新获得”“赢回来”可以说win...back, win...over意为“把…争取过来”。
误 Ade always wins in racing.
正 Ade always wins at racing.
析 表示“在…取胜”可以说win at...,这里的介词at不可以用in替换。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的winann，意为斗争、获胜。
- v.(动词) achieve acquire attain capture catch conquer earn gain get obtain overcome receive succeed
- n.(名词) conquest mastery success victory
- win:释义 1.Windows的简称。（注：Windows是Microsoft的注册商标。） win2.通常指“胜利”。详细见百度词典。 3.也是英语冬天的缩写形式。4.键盘上一个可设定的键，这个键通常为W…