- v. 选择；挑选
- adj. 精选的；优等的
- n. 被挑选出来的人或物
- vt. 选择; 挑选 pick out from a number; choose
- 精选的,挑选出来的 chosen, or choosing from a large group
- 入会资格要求很高的,选择严格的 limited to the use of people of high social class or great wealth
of superior grade;
selected or chosen for special qualifications;
"the blue-ribbon event of the season"
pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives;
"Take any one of these cards"
"Choose a good husband for your daughter"
"She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her"
- Please select a channel to begin with from left.
- She lets her son select his own Christmas present.
- They select him to their leader.
- She selected a diamond ring from the collection.
- You may select those books you like best.
- A select group were invited to the wedding reception.
- Select film excerpts will be played on the film festival.
- This is a very select area; you have to be rich to live here.
- They selected a diamond engagement ring.
- Why didn't you select a nice subject?
- Select the book you want.
- John's uncle let him select his own Christmas present.
- He selected the village as a base of operation.
- The teacher selected the cleverest child as the leader of the class.
- Which place in the world would you select as your perfect home?
- They selected him to be president.
- He was selected class representative.
- We selected her to represent us.
- He selected a pair of socks to match his suit.
- Who has been selected to lead the delegation?
- The captain needs a select crew for this dangerous voyage.
- The book is a select collection of poetry from various authors.
- That school is very select.
- This area is very select.
- She was very select in people she invites.
- select for (v.+prep.)
为…而挑选 choose or pick out sth for
select sb/sth for sb/sth
Come and help me select a good place for our camp.
He looked through the suits and selected the cheapest one for me.
At last, after many tests,John was selected for the team.
- select from (v.+prep.)
从…中挑选 pick out from
select sb/sth from sth
John selected a card from the rack.
Daff was selected from the whole class to go on the trip.
- select discreetly 谨慎地挑选
- select intelligently 聪明地选择
- select legitimately 合法地选择
- select methodically 有条理地选择
- select tastefully 有品味地选择
- select variously 多种多样地选择
To the smaller plot..only a few select traitors were privy.出自： Ld Macaulay
Li took me upstairs. He said it was quieter and more select.出自： D. Welch
Since he gave her free choice she selected Saint Joan.出自： A. J. Cronin
He was playing cricket...It was the first time he had been selected.出自： A. Macrae
- select只用作及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,也可接以“(to be/as+) n. ”或动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语。
- select不用于select sb sth 结构,若表示“为某人挑选”须使用select sth for sb 结构。
- select, choose, collect, elect, pick, single
- My wife is going with me to help me pick out a new suit.我妻子和我一起去以帮我挑选一件新西装。
- I like collecting stamps very much, and I've also collected many foreign stamps.我非常喜欢集邮,我还收集了许多外国邮票。
- It is highly important for us to choose and train successors.对我们来说,挑选和培养接班人是十分重要的。
- The students chose him as their monitor because they liked him.学生们选他做班长,因为他们喜欢他。
- The greedy boy chose the largest apple in the dish.那贪心的孩子从盘中挑了一个最大的苹果。
- You may choose from them the one you like best.你可从它们中间选出你最喜欢的一个。
- They chose her a secretary.他们选择她做秘书。
- He was chosen our team leader.他被选为我们的队长。
- They selected a diamond engagement ring.他们挑选了一枚钻石订婚戒指。
- Why didn't you select a nice subject?你为什么没选一个好题目?
- Select the book you want.选你需要的书。
- We selected her to represent us.我们选她作为我们的代表。
- He selected the village as a base of operation.他选择了该村为试验基地。
- He selected a pair of socks to match his suit.他为配他的那身衣服选了一双袜子。
- We elected the captain of our football team by a show of hands.我们举手选举我们的足球队长。
- Only someone born in the United States can be elected as President.只有在美国出生的人才可以被选为美国总统。
- The committee is made up of men and women elected by the people.委员会是由人民选出的人员组成。
- He was singled out to succeed his uncle.他被选出来继承他叔叔的产业。
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的selectus，意为选出。