- 活人的魂，生魂，人将死时的离魂 ，魂
- 请来， 接来，找来，去请…来，接去，接…去
- vt. 接来(某人),取来(某物) go for and bring back
- vt. 使发出; 吸引 cause to draw forth; attract
- vt. & vi. 〈非正〉售得(若干价钱) sell for (a price)
- vi. 抵达,到达 arrive at some place
the action of fetching
go or come after and bring or take back;
"Get me those books over there, please"
"Could you bring the wine?"
"The dog fetched the hat"
be sold for a certain price;
"The painting brought $10,000"
"The old print fetched a high price at the auction"
take away or remove;
"The devil will fetch you!"
- Fetch me the tape from my drawer.
- Shall I fetch your coat for you?
- This house should fetch a good price.
- The picture should fetch 2000 pounds at auction.
- She fetched him a terrific slap in the face.
- Hence, the system needs to fetch the needed data as soon as possible.The existing way is based on file prefetching.
- His sale is certain to fetch a good price on the transfer market which will expand the club's budget for signing new talent during January.
- He fetched home after his long ride.
- Off with you and fetch her.
- Have you fetched the doctor?
- Come and fetch along your family.
- Let's go and fetch some water.
- Some of them escaped while the guard was out to fetch their supper.
- The new play is fetching large audiences every night.
- Mother fetched a sigh of relief.
- How much do you suppose these old books would fetch?
- The table fetched sixty yuan .
- These goods are obsolete and will not fetch much on the market.
- This painting should fetch a record sum.
- The material will fetch a good price.
- He always peddles his goods where they will fetch the highest price.
- I got in another shot and fetched him.
- Three shots were not sufficient to fetch the tiger.
- Please fetch me my coat.
- Fetch me the dictionary.
- I asked him to fetch me the evening paper.
- The attendant on the train fetched us tea at frequent intervals.
- He was fetched a blow across the back of the head.
- I will fetch him for you.
- fetch and carry
打杂,递递拿拿 do a part time job; be assistant
fetch and carry
Her whole morning was spent in fetching and carrying.
This dog can fetch and carry at his master's command.
这狗能按主人的差遣取送东西。fetch and carry for sb
John was annoyed because his boss expected him to fetch and carry for him all day.
You are expected to fetch and carry for everyone in the office.
- fetch from (v.+prep.)
招来(某人),引起 attract or cause sb/sth
fetch sb/sth from sth
She rose and fetched a chair from the office.
He had to leave his wife along while he fetched the doctor from the town.
他去城里请医生的时候,只好让妻子一个人呆着。fetch sb sth from sth
Fetch me the tape from my drawer.
Please fetch me a clean handkerchief from my bedroom.
Please fetch me the papers from Mr. Johnson's office.
请到约翰逊先生的办公室去把文件给我拿来。fetch sb/sth from sb/sth
His words fetched angry shouts from the crowd.
- fetch in (v.+adv.)
创利; 招来〔进〕(钱财、人等) produce profit; attract (sth as money, or sb)
- fetch out (v.+adv.)
使(某人)为…而罢工 cause sb to stop working because of sth
- fetch over (v.+adv.)
劝说(某人)改变其观点 persuade sb to change his opinion
- fetch round (v.+adv.)
改变(方向); 劝说 change the direction of sth; persuade sb to change his opinion
- fetch to (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉使(某人)苏醒(常指突然地) cause sb to regain consciousness, often rather suddenly
fetch sb to
Jacelin has fainted, this bucket of water should fetch him to.
- fetch up (v.+adv.)
〈英·非正〉接受 receive sth in the end
The car suddenly fetched up before a big tree.
那辆汽车突然在一棵大树前停住了。fetch sb/sth ⇔ up
He was fetched up short by the red light.
When Jim's driving, we never know where we'll fetch up.
We fetch up at the wharf exactly on time.
I hear they fetched up simultaneously at the spot.
The boy's ball fetched up on the garage roof.
He will fetch up in prison if he goes on taking risks like that.
She's been fetching up all morning.
她已经呕吐了一个上午。fetch sth ⇔ up
The child has fetched up all dinner again.
He was very ill and fetched up all he had eaten.
他病得很厉害,把吃下去的东西都吐了出来。fetch sth ⇔ up
Please fetch up the teathings.
请把茶具拿到楼上来。fetch up (as) n\u002e/adj\u002e
Who would have guessed that he would fetch up as director of the firm?
After making his fortune, he fetched up poor when he died.
Be careful, you could fetch up by getting hurt.
If you don't work hard, you'll fetch up nowhere.
I never dreamed that I would fetch up with such a lot of property.
After trying so hard, the writer fetched up with a contract.
Jim entered the competition, not hoping for much, but fetched up with first prize!
- fetch a breath 吸一口气
- fetch a deep sigh 深深地叹息
- fetch a doctor 请医生
- fetch a gasp 喘息一下
- fetch a glass of milk 去拿一杯奶来
- fetch a groan 发出呻吟
- fetch a loud whoop 发出一阵高呼声
- fetch a package 取包裹
- fetch an argument 推导出结论
- fetch help 去请求帮助
- fetch home 到家了
- fetch assiduously 殷勤地取来
- fetch completely 完全地吸引
- fetch consciously 有意识地吸引
- fetch emphatically 吸引
- fetch energetically 充满活力地取来
- fetch eventually 最终吸引
- fetch exclusively 专门地吸引
- fetch fervidly 充满激情地吸引
- fetch fondly 深情地吸引
- fetch gratefully 感激地吸引
- fetch immediately 立即吸引
- fetch incessantly 持续不断地吸引
- fetch ludicrously 荒唐可笑地吸引
- fetch obliquely 间接性地取来
- fetch probably 适当地吸引
- fetch superhumanly 超出常人能力地取来
- fetch unconsciously 不自觉地吸引
- fetch uniformly 始终如一地吸引
- fetch unlawfully 非法吸引
- fetch about 迂回,绕道而行
- fetch away (因船颠簸而)滑离原处
- fetch back 取回,想起,回忆
- fetch down 打下,击落,使…下跌
- fetch down an enemy plane 击落一架敌机
- fetch down the price of 使…的价格下跌
- fetch down the price of wheat 使小麦价下跌
- fetch in 拿进来
- fetch off 使摆脱困境,把…一饮而尽,杀死
- fetch out 引出,拿出,使显示
- fetch out another new book 拿出另一本新书
- fetch out one's best wine 拿出最好的酒
- fetch out the colour of marble 使大理石的色彩显现出来
- fetch over 带某人来,劝说某人改变主意
- fetch round〔around〕 带某人来,恢复健康
- fetch through 克服困难,达到目的
- fetch to 使苏醒
- fetch up 使…突然停止,呕出,吐出,回想起,弥补(损失)
- fetch up a child 抚养孩子
- fetch up a memory to mind 回忆起一件往事
- fetch up all one had eaten 把吃下去的东西都吐了出来
- fetch up at a place 到达某地
A great fetch of imaginative power.出自： J. C. Shairp
She believed she had seen his fetch as a forerunner of his death.出自： M. Leadbeater
'Rum,' he repeated, 'Rum! rum!' I ran to fetch it.出自： R. L. Stevenson
Do let me come and fetch you, because look, it's raining outside.出自： M. Drabble
Fetch,..puppy, go fetch.出自： E. Albee
- fetch, bring, carry, get, take
- 1.bring 表示“拿来”,指从别处拿过来,方向一般是说话者,多指比较近的东西,也可以指带到一个说话人将要到达的地方,有时还可指由说话者随身带着(去某处),可以包括“带走”; take 表示“拿走”“带走”,指从此处拿出去,例如:
- When you go home take the letter with you.你回家去的时候,把信带去。
- fetch表示“去拿来”; carry则指“随身带着”,没有明确的方向性,同时强调体力方面的负担,可代替bring和take,例如:
- The mother carries her baby in her arms.母亲把小宝宝抱在怀里。
- 2.bring 和 take 都表示单程,只是方向相反,而fetch则表示一往一返。
- 3.fetch强调目的性,即专门到一个地方把(某人)某物请〔带〕回来; bring则强调方向性,即动作朝着说话者的方向或所在地。
- 4.take, bring和carry都可指携带〔运送〕较小的东西, carry还可指携带〔运送〕较大、较重的东西。
- 5.take, bring和carry都可指人运送, carry还可指马、车等牲口或运输工具运送,也可指以管道的形式运输。
- Please go and fetch my hat.(口语)
- Please fetch my hat.(正式)
误 I stayed inside the station as I waited for my friends to fetch back me.
正 I stayed inside the station as I waited for my friends to fetch me.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的festivalis；最初源自拉丁语的feccan，意为抓住，拿，取。