- 【音】 拍子；小节；旋律
- 【印刷】 行宽；页宽
- 【数】 测度
- 测量，度量， 有…长
- vt. & vi. 量 find the size, quantity, extent, degree, etc. of (sth)
- [U][C]测量 way to find the size, quantity, extent, degree, etc. of sth
- [C][U]计量制,度量法 standard or system used in stating the size, quantity or degree of sth
- [C]计量单位 unit used in such a standard or system
- [C]量具,量器 instrument such as a rod, tape or container marked with standard units, used for testing length, volume, etc.
- [S]尺度,标准 way of assessing sth
- [S]程度,地步 degree of sth
- [P]措施,步骤,办法 action taken to achieve a purpose
- any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal;
"the situation called for strong measures"
"the police took steps to reduce crime"
- how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
- a statute in draft before it becomes law;
"they held a public hearing on the bill"
- the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule;
"the measurements were carefully done"
"his mental measurings proved remarkably accurate"
- a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated;
"the schools comply with federal standards"
"they set the measure for all subsequent work"
- (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats;
"the orchestra omitted the last twelve bars of the song"
- measuring instrument having a sequence of marks at regular intervals; used as a reference in making measurements
- a container of some standard capacity that is used to obtain fixed amounts of a substance
- determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of;
"Measure the length of the wall"
- express as a number or measure or quantity;
"Can you quantify your results?"
- have certain dimensions;
"This table surfaces measures 20inches by 36 inches"
- evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of;
"I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"
"access all the factors when taking a risk"
- The government has taken measures to restrain inflation.
- The standard kilogram is maintained as a measure of mass.
- You are right in some measure.
- If this measure fails, there are other methods we could fall back on.
- They measured the height of the ceiling.
- She measured her power with that of a dangerous adversary.
- Above all it will give us an opportunity to reciprocate in some small measure the truly warm welcome and generous hospitality extended to us.
- He measured his words with caution.
He picked up the calipers and measured carefully.
He measures more round the waist than he used to.
It measures five feet eight inches.
The room measures 25 feet across.
The quake measured 5.2 magnitude.
The street measures long.
He measured the height of the cupboard.
By what standard do you measure it?
How can we measure the heat of a man's blood?
Did you measure the distance?
He measured it and found it to be the exact size.
They measured the depth of snow drifts.
He measured the physical properties of the material.
A clock measures time.
He measured Mrs. Brown from top to bottom.
It's hard to measure the importance of good manner.
The performance of enterprises was measured by profits.
They measure the room to find how big it is.
This is a yardstick for measuring whether a person is really progressive.
The tailor took my measure for a new suit.
He took measure of the cliff before he climbed it.
They were doing a linear measure during Beijing and Tianjin.
The metre is a measure of length.
An ounce in liquid measure is different from an ounce in dry measure.
Pour the chemical mixture into a litre measure.
The barman uses a small silver measure for brandy.
By any measure, it was one of the most drastic moves ever taken by an American corporation.
We did reach a considerable measure of agreement .
His resignation is a measure of how angry he is.
She achieved a measure of success with her first book.
There were no words to express the full measure of my gratitude.
Give him his measure of praise.
You ought to take adequate measures.
As early as the summer of 1979, it was clear that only drastic measures could save the Chrysler Corporation.
In a situation like this, drastic measures are needed.
These are effective measures.
These government measures only go halfway towards solving the problem.
The mayor was quoted as saying that prompt measures would be taken.
The committee set measures to the defence expenditures.
We should take appropriate measures to improve our teaching.
The agency took measures to combat alcoholism and its attendant evils.
They suggested measures to overcome current difficulties.
The government took effective measures to develop resources.
- measure for( v.+prep. )
为…量… make a measure for sb/sth measure sb for sth
The tailor measured me for a suit.裁缝给我量了做套装的尺寸。
- 为…量… make a measure for sb/sth measure sb for sth
- measure off( v.+adv. )
量出 measure and usually take (an amount ) from a larger piece measure sth ⇔ off
I asked the shop-assistant to measure off two metres of blue corduroy for me.我叫营业员给我量两米蓝灯芯绒。
Please measure off enough cloth for three pairs of trousers.请给我量出够三条裤子的布来。
They measured off a half-acre plot for a house lot.他们划出一块半英亩的地皮来做房屋地基。
They measured off the area in which they would work.他们测出他们工作的地方,并标了界。
- 量出 measure and usually take (an amount ) from a larger piece measure sth ⇔ off
- measure out( v.+adv. )
量出,配出 give sth out little by little measure sth ⇔ out
The pharmacist carefully measured out a dose of herbal medicine and told me how to brew it.药剂师仔细地配好一服中药,并告诉我煎药的方法。
Life measures out its rewards in ways unrelated to how people deserve them.生活分送给人们的报酬与人们是否应该得到的无关。
跌倒 fall flat measure out one's length
He tripped on a stone and measured out his length on the pavement.他给石头绊了一下,摔倒在人行道上。
- 量出,配出 give sth out little by little measure sth ⇔ out
- measure up( v.+adv. )
测量 measure (sth/sb) measure up
Will you measure up or shall I?是你来量还是我来量?
You'll find Father on top of the ladder, measuring up.你会看到父亲站在梯子的最高处测量呢。measure sb/sth ⇔ up
I'll just measure you up, sir, if I may?先生,我这就给您量量衣服尺码行吗?
He measured up the wood before he started.他在动工前先把木头量了一下。
估计 guess at the size or quality of (sth) measure sth ⇔ up
Take a little time to measure up your chances before deciding.在决定之前花点时间估计一下你有几分把握。
证明自己的价值 prove one's worth measure up
I always give new workers a short contract to begin with, as I want to see how they measure up before I employ them on a lasting basis.雇用工人时我先同他们订个短期合同,我要看看他们的能力再决定是否长期雇用。
- 测量 measure (sth/sb) measure up
- measure up to( v.+adv.+prep. )
符合,一致 be equal to or the same as (sth) measure up to sth
Her performance didn't measure up to the expectations of her boss.她的表现辜负了老板的期望。
He measures up to his job in every way.他在各方面都很称职。
The prisoner measures up to the description the police have of the wanted jewel thief.这个囚犯同警方描绘的受通缉的盗窃珠宝犯的特征完全符合。
The washing machine didn't measure up to the quality standards.这台洗衣机没有达到质量标准。
The new technique measures up to advanced world standard.这项新技术达到了世界先进水平。
- 符合,一致 be equal to or the same as (sth) measure up to sth
- beyond measure
非常地,极其 very great
Her joy was beyond measure. 她无比喜悦。
She fascinates me beyond measure. 她使我神魂颠倒。
- 非常地,极其 very great
- for good measure
额外的量,外加的项目 as an extra amount of sth or as an additional item
The pianist gave a long and varied recital, with a couple of encores for good measure. 那钢琴家的独奏演出时间长、节目多,还加奏了两支曲子。
After I'd weighed the apples,I put in another one for good measure. 我称过苹果后又另外加上一个。
- 额外的量,外加的项目 as an extra amount of sth or as an additional item
- get〔take〕 the measure of
估计(某人的)性格或能力 assess sb's character or abilities
It took the tennis champion a few games to get the measure of his opponent. 那网球冠军打了几局才摸清对手的实力。
It should only take a few meetings for the committee to take the measure of the new chairman, and then they will know how to deal with him. 这个委员会只要开几次会就可估量出这位新主席的能力,然后他们就会知道怎么对付他。
- 估计(某人的)性格或能力 assess sb's character or abilities
- give full measure
给足分量 give exactly than the correct amount give sb full measure
I'm sure the shopkeeper gave me full measure when she weighed out the potatoes.我肯定,那店老板给我称土豆时称足了分量。
- 给足分量 give exactly than the correct amount give sb full measure
- make to measure
定做 make (a garment) after taking individual measurements make sth to measure
Do you make suits to measure?你定做西装吗?
- 定做 make (a garment) after taking individual measurements make sth to measure
- measure accurately 准确地测量
- measure carefully 仔细地测量
- measure consciously 清醒地测量
- measure effectually 有效地测量
- measure equally 相同地测量
- measure inaccurately 不准确地测量
- measure individually 单独地测量
- measure judiciously 明智地测量
- measure lavishly 大量地测量
- measure mechanically 机械地测量
- measure mystically 神秘地测量
- measure quantitatively 定量测量
- measure radically 根本地测量
- measure scientifically 科学地测量
- measure tediously 乏味地测量
- measure off 区分,区划,量出
- measure up 衡量
- measure against 把…同…作比较
- measure by 根据…测量
- measure for 为…而给…量尺寸
- measure from 从…开始测量
- measure to 测量到
- measure up to 与…相称
- adopt measure 采取措施
- carry out measures 实施措施
- fill up the measure of 做尽(恶事),更不幸的是…
- formulate measures 提出措施
- give sb full measure 给足某人分量
- know no measure 没有边际,没有止境
- reject a measure 拒绝接受某一措施
- take measures 采取措施
- take sb's measure 给某人量尺寸
- adequate measure 适当的措施
- alternative measure 可供选择的方案
- angular measure 角度
- best possible measure 万全之策
- commendable measure 可取的措施
- comprehensive measure 全面的措施
- compulsory measure 强制措施
- corresponding measure 相应的措施
- cubic measure 体积
- defensive measure 防御措施
- disciplinary measure 惩罚措施
- effective measure 有效措施
- expedient measure 权宜之计
- forceful measure 强有力的措施
- full measure 足量
- important measure 重要措施
- liquid measure 液量
- long-term measure 长期措施
- metric measure 公制
- preventive measure 防御措施
- proper measure 适当的措施
- protective measure 保护措施
- provisional measure 临时措施
- remedial measure 补救措施
- repressive measure 镇压措施
- restrictive measure 限制性的措施
- short-term measure 短期措施,权宜之计
- solid measure 容积
- square measure 面积
- timely measure 及时的措施
- useful measure 有用的措施
- vigorous measure 积极措施
Come not within the measure of my wrath.出自：Two Gentlemen of Verona,Shakespeare
Sermons were measured out with no grudging hand.出自：L. Stephen
She had carefully measured out a quadruple whisky.出自：G. Greene
表示“一部分地”，可用in a measure或in some measure。表示“大部分地”，可用in great measure或in large measure。
The whole thing was in (a) great/large measure a mistake.
- measure up to是美式英语，意思为“符合，达到”。
- measure用作名词时的意思是“测量”,指测量的行为; 也指在测量过程中所采用的方法; 也可指测量时所用的单位,即“计量单位”; 还可指测量时所使用的工具,即“量具,量器”。measure还可指为了应付某件事情而采取的方法,即“措施,步骤,方法”。引申可指“尺度,标准”“程度,地步”。
误 I can make an evening dress for your measure.
正 I can make an evening dress to your measure.
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的mesreur，意为待测量；最初源自晚期拉丁语的mensurare，意为需要测量的事物。
- measure:measure n. 尺寸, 量度器, 量度标准, 方法, 测量, 措施vt. 测量, 测度, 估量, 分派, 权衡, 调节vi. 量习惯用语be the measure of sth. 成为衡量某事…