- vt. 占用；占领；从事；使忙碌；专心
- vt. 居住,拥有 live or be in possession of a house, farm, etc.
- vt. 占据; 担任 take and keep possession of towns, countries, etc. in war; hold the post of
- vt. 使从事 cause to engage in
keep busy with;
"She busies herself with her butterfly collection"
live (in a certain place);
"She resides in Princeton"
"he occupies two rooms on the top floor"
occupy the whole of;
"The liquid fills the container"
be on the mind of;
"I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
march aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation;
"Hitler invaded Poland on September 1, 1939"
require (time or space);
"It took three hours to get to work this morning"
"This event occupied a very short time"
consume all of one's attention or time;
"Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
assume, as of positions or roles;
"She took the job as director of development"
"he occupies the position of manager"
"the young prince will soon occupy the throne"
- Is that seat occupied?
- Reading occupies most of my free time.
- We occupy the farm and raise a lot of poultry.
- The enemy occupied the town.
- Our army won the battle and occupied the upland.
- These people occupy an inferior position in local society.
- Members of the group occupy positions of power in the country.
- Her time is fully occupied with her three children.
- She is now fully occupied with her homework.
- He and his family occupy the house.
- Enemy troops occupied the country.
- Our army occupied the enemy's fort.
- They said that women occupy the lowest positions in the teaching profession.
- These books occupy a lot of space.
- The factory occupies four acres of ground.
- The dinner and speeches occupied more than three hours.
- The news program occupies a whole hour every evening.
- Mr. White occupies an important position in the Ministry of Education.
- Cares and anxieties occupied her mind.
- occupy in〔with〕 (v.+prep.)
从事于; 忙于 engage in (doing sth); busy oneself in (doing sth)
occupy oneself in〔with〕 v-ing
He occupied himself in collecting stamps.
They are occupying themselves in growing their own food.
Haas occupied himself in writing his research paper.
Jacelin occupied himself with solving some geometry problems.
Some occupied themselves with studying English.
He has been deeply occupied in listening to a tape.
He was occupied in writing letters.
Many people in this area are occupied with agriculture.
Some students were occupied with reviewing their lessons.
- occupy an apartment 住进住所
- occupy sb's attention 引起某人的注意
- occupy a country 占领一个国家
- occupy the front row of seats 占据了前排位置
- occupy sb's house 租用某人的房子
- occupy an important place 发挥重要作用
- occupy an important post 占据重要位置
- occupy sb's mind 萦绕在某人的心头
- occupy most of the room 塞满了空间
- occupy a place 占据一方
- occupy some position 担任某职务
- occupy sb's time 占用某人的时间
- occupy busily 忙着做
- occupy deeply 深深地占据着
- occupy densely 忙着做
- occupy extensively 广泛地从事
- occupy fully 忙得不可开交
- occupy mainly 主要从事
- occupy profitably 经营获利
- occupy profoundly 全力从事
- occupy solely 全力从事
- occupy strenuously 强有力地占据着
- occupy wholly 全力从事
I asked Xenophon what he thought about the Turks going into Greece and occupying Athens.出自： R. Macaulay
He used to be dropped into occupied France and..keep watch on German installations.出自： G. Swift
- occupy只用作及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语。occupy常用于occupy oneself in/with v -ing句型中表示“从事于”“忙于”,可用于被动结构。
- occupy, have, have got, hold, own
- 1.have既可指有生命物及无生命物之间的所属关系,也可指部分与整体的关系,或指精神上、身体上的特点; have got与have意义相同,但在口语中比have用得广泛; own则指具有在法律上的所有权,即使不在身边的东西,只要拥有法律上的所有权,就应用own; hold语气较强,有占据、控制、抓住〔保持〕住某物的意思; 而occupy则指占有空间、时间或占领、占据某地,或拥有某种职务或地位等。例如:
- I didn't have the books that she asked for.我没有她所要的书。
- Your books have got all over the place.你的书到处都是。
- They don't hold the power to hire or fire at will.他们没有雇用或随意解雇的权力。
- Enemy troops occupied the country.敌军占领了这个国家。
- These enterprises are owned by him.这些企业是属于他的。
- ☆ 1340年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的occuper；最初源自古典拉丁语的occupare，意为占据，掌握，拥有，占用。
- inhabit 居住于
- engage 雇佣
- interest 兴趣
- seize 抓住
- absorb 吸收
- conquer 征服
- lodge 小屋
- divert 转移
- entertain 娱乐
- dominate 支配
- subjugate 征服
- rule 规则
- live in 住进
- dwell in 居住在(留居在)...
- reside in 存在
- take up 拿起
- busy 忙的
- capture 捕获
- use 使用
- reside 居住
- engross 使全神贯注
- fill 装满
- concern 关心
- hold 拿着
- locate 找出
- preoccupy 先占
- settle 解决
- employ 雇佣
- possess 拥有
- live 活着
- defeat 挫败
- beguile 诱骗
- oppress 使烦恼
- subject 话题
- control 掌控
- overthrow 推翻
- arrest 逮捕
- permeate 弥漫
- amuse 娱乐
- pervade 弥漫
- work 工作
- involve 包含
- inhere 固有
- immerse 浸
- be 有
- stay 停留
- dwell 居住
- take 拿
- take over 接收
- in 在 ... 里
- have 已经
- over 在 ... 的上方...
- use up 用完
- invade 侵略
- lodge in 住进
- worry 撕咬