- vt. 找出；把 ... 设置在；使坐落于
- vi. 住下来
- vt. 找出,探明 find the position of
- vt. ＆ vi. (在…)设置 establish in a place
discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining;
"Can you locate your cousins in the Midwest?"
"My search turned up nothing"
determine or indicate the place, site, or limits of, as if by an instrument or by a survey;
"Our sense of sight enables us to locate objects in space"
"Locate the boundaries of the property"
assign a location to;
"The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
take up residence and become established;
"The immigrants settled in the Midwest"
- The general tried to locate the enemy's camp.
- They decided to locate a new school in the suburbs.
- The company wished to locate its new factory beside the river.
- After he retired, he went to locate in California.
- He went to New York and located there.
- Early settlers located where there was water.
- The little boy's mother tried to locate him in the garden.
- The police are trying to locate the missing man.
- Excuse me,I'm trying to locate this address.
- They finally located the small hospital in the hills.
- The general tried to locate the enemy's site.
- The radar promptly located the enemy plane.
- We've located the source of the signals, sir.
- He requested help from the librarian to locate the book he wanted.
- They tried to locate the town on the map.
- We followed the stream until we located its source.
- The instrument can locate a minute flaw.
- It is important to locate new industries where labour and raw materials are easily available.
- Where are you going to locate your home?
- He located himself behind the screen.
- Where is the new factory to be located?
- Our new cultural centre will be located here.
- His house is located next to ours.
- The capital is located on the river.
- The store is located on the main street.
- locate in (v.+prep.)
在…定居 settle in a place
locate in sth
The head company decided to locate in Qingdao.
决定把总公司设在青岛。locate sth in sth
Quickly he located the trouble in the engine and set it right.
Mother finally located the children in the attic.
The kitchen is located in the basement.
The new college will be located in the suburbs.
The hospital is to be located in your town.
The building is located in a business centre.
Geographically, that country is located in the Southern Hemisphere.
Scientists have discovered that most of the active volcanoes in the world are located in a T-shaped area.
科学家们发现,世界上大部分活火山都位于一个T形地区里。locate in sth
After Father retires he's going to locate in Nanjing.
- locate somewhere 位于某地
- locate carefully 小心地发现
- locate centrally 集中发现
- locate conveniently 方便地确定位置
- locate systematically 系统地寻找
Many of America's biggest blue-chip corporations have located here.出自：Fortune
- locate的基本意思是“找到”,后面多跟表示地点或位置的词,指找到某人某物所在的确切位置或来源,后面多接表示地点或位置的名词,其后接sb 时,表示弄清某人所在的地点,并不是找到某人。引申可指“探出,探明”,指有意识地去搜寻和发现,而不用于表示偶然地得知。
- locate, detect
- locate, situate
- find 发现
- pinpoint 精确地找到
- place 地方
- situate 位于
- discover 发现
- detect 发觉
- localize 集中
- uncover 揭开
- establish 建立
- set 放置
- fix 使 ... 固定
- position 位置
- post 职位
- track down 跟踪追捕
- settle 解决
- trace 痕迹
- ferret out 追猎
- put 放
- station 站
- occupy 占用
- reside 居住
- base 底部
- seat 座位
- reveal 显示
- plant 植物
- house 房屋
- discern 辨别
- unearth 发掘
- squat 蹲下
- camp 野营
- nest 巢
- ensconce 安顿下来
- collocate 布置
- assign 分配
- espy (从远处等)突然看到...
- disclose 揭露
- deposit 放置
- spot 地点
- quarter 四分之一
- come across 碰到
- residence 住宅
- take 拿
- up 向上
- root 根
- take root 生根
- take up residence 居住(定居下来)...
- orient 东方
- found 建立
- come 来
- down 向下
- site 地点
- across 横过
- turn up 朝上翻
- track 轨道
- locator n. 探测器，定位器；勘定地界者