- 忙碌的，繁忙的，工作忙的，无暇的 ，纷繁的，无闲空的
- 忙的; 专心的 with a lot of things that you must do; working or not free
- 繁忙的; 热闹的 with a lot of things happening
- 正被占用的 in use
- vt. 使忙于 keep (usually oneself) busy
- vi. 忙碌,奔忙 be busy
- actively or fully engaged or occupied;
"busy with her work"
"a busy man"
"too busy to eat lunch"
- overcrowded or cluttered with detail;
"a busy painting"
"a fussy design"
- intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner;
"an interfering old woman"
"bustling about self-importantly making an officious nuisance of himself"
"busy about other people's business"
- crowded with or characterized by much activity;
"a very busy week"
"a busy life"
"a busy street"
"a busy seaport"
- (of facilities such as telephones or lavatories) unavailable for use by anyone else or indicating unavailability; (`engaged' is a British term for a busy telephone line);
"her line is busy"
"receptionists' telephones are always engaged"
"the lavatory is in use"
"kept getting a busy signal"
- keep busy with;
"She busies herself with her butterfly collection"
- He is busy with some important work.
- He was busy getting ready for his journey.
- The shop looked out into a busy street.
- The traffic was at its height at the busy junction.
- I tried to call Mr. Cooper, but the line was busy.
- To forget his trouble, he busied himself in his garden .
He is a very busy man.
I've had a busy day.
This is one of the busiest underground stations in Beijing.
We can look around the station and watch the busy life that is going on.
He telephoned the lawyer and again got a busy signal.
I have been busy these days.
He is busy now and cannot see you.
The shops are very busy before the Spring Festival.
The roads are busy.
Wait a minute, the line is busy.
He is busy about his work.
Well—what have you been busy about today?
The secretaries in the office are all busy at work.
The following morning, I was up early as usual and busy at my farm.
We are busy in making arrangement for Christmas.
She is busy in other people's affairs.
He is busy on his book.
Today I have been busy over your book.
They were busy over the letter.
They are busy over their task.
The place was busy with passengers.
She is busy with her make-up before a mirror.
She is always busy with her needle and thread.
The children were busy with their homework.
He's busy with his accounts.
They are now very busy with the harvest.
I am rather busy with some special work at present.
I am too busy with this work to think any more about it myself.
Dr. Smith is too busy with his work to spare any time except on Sunday.
He is busy writing.
He is busy preparing for the examination.
Sally is now busy taking care of the baby,William.
The teacher was busy correcting our exercise books when we called at his house.
She is too busy to look after her child.
Small boats busied to and fro.
To forget her trouble, she busied herself in her garden.
A housewife busied herself in the house.
He busied himself with all kinds of little tasks.
They are busying themselves by tidying up the table.
The bees busy themselves at making honey.
- the busy farming seasons 农忙季节
- the busy hours 紧张的时刻
- busy marketplace 热闹的市场
- busy month 旺月
- busy railway line 繁忙的铁路线
- busy scene 繁忙的景象
- busy seaport 繁忙的海港
- busy street 热闹的街道
- busy time 紧张的时刻
Don't interrupt me, I'm busy.出自：Oxford English Dictionary
She was busy washing a garment in the bowl.出自：D. H. Lawrence
Their fingers would be busy with the sewing machines or irons, but their minds could be far away.出自：J. B. Priestley
The other people seemed unaware of me, busy in their own lives.出自：C. Priest
- busy用作形容词的基本意思是“忙的”,通常指人经常或暂时埋头于一项工作,含有“热衷于”的意味。busy作“繁忙的; 热闹的”解时可修饰物或事物。
- busy在句中可用作定语或表语。用作表语时,其后常可接介词about, at, in, over , with引起的短语, 这些介词有时可省略,特别是当其宾语为动名词时。busy用于too...to结构时可接动词不定式。
- “电话占线。”在美国一般说The line is busy .而在英国常说The number is engaged.
- busy, active, diligent
这三个词意思比较接近,但含义不同:active侧重主动、活跃; busy侧重忙碌,没有时间; diligent侧重勤勉、用功。另外, active和diligent后多接in,而busy后多接with。
He is busy in preparing for the examination.他忙着准备考试。
- a busy man 忙人
- a busybody 爱管闲事的人
误 Is your work busy?
正 Are you busy (with your work)?
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的bsui，意为忙的。
- busy:busy adj. 忙碌的, 热闹的, 临时占用的习惯用语busy oneself with 忙于busy oneself about 忙于busy oneself in 忙于get busy [美口…