- vi. 发生,举行,存在 happen; take place; exist
- vi. 被发现,想到〔起〕 be found; come into one's mind
come to pass;
"What is happening?"
"The meeting took place off without an incidence"
"Nothing occurred that seemed important"
come to one's mind; suggest itself;
"It occurred to me that we should hire another secretary"
"A great idea then came to her"
to be found to exist;
"sexism occurs in many workplaces"
"precious stones occur in a large area in Brazil"
- That plane crash occurred only minutes after take-off.
- Misprints occur on every page.
- A connection error might occur.
- Didn't it occur to you that he was lying?
- Such a thing hardly ever occurs.
- A leap-year occurs at every four years.
- His birthday occurs on 9th May.
- It occurs more often in women than in men.
- The explosion occurred during an exercise near the town.
- These plants occur only in tropics.
- That sound doesn't occur in his language so it's difficult for him to pronounce.
- Misprints occur on every page.
- The word “gratitude” did not occur on Napoleon's personal dictionary.
- Few metals occur free.
- Silver occurs natural.
- occur to (v.+prep.)
被想起〔到〕 come to mind of (sb/sth)
occur to sb
I hope no accident has occurred to him.
我希望他没出什么事。occur to sb/sth
Such a simple explanation never occurred to me!
A wonderful idea occurred to him.
As soon as that thought occurred to him, he felt worse.
It occurred to my mind.
His name did not occur to my memory.
我当时没有想起他的名字。It ～s/ed+to sb+to-v/that-clause
Didn't it occur to you to close the window?
Didn't it occur to you to phone them about it?
It occurred to him to tell the colonel of the problem.
It never occurred to me not to endeavor to do so; I was politically minded by nature.
It occurs to me that example is always more efficacious than precept.
Has it ever occurred to you that this old book might be of great value?
It never occurs to me that he was only acting a part.
It never occurred to me that I had seen her before somewhere.
Did it occur to him that lookers-on see most of the game?
It occurred to me that I had left the door unlocked.
It occurred to her that she might adopt a homeless child.
It occurred to him that he hadn't eaten anything since the night before.
It never occurred to me for a moment you meant that.
That she consented to the novel proposition..was apparent by what occurred a little later.出自： T. Hardy
The death of a child is one of the most disturbing..events that can occur.出自： D. Judd
The bombing attack was to occur on July 25.出自： P. Fussell
It occurred to me to visit my teacher.
- occur, happen, take place
- 1.happen和occur往往表示事情的发生带有偶然性, happen是一般用语, occur是较正式用语; take place常指按计划“发生”。例如:
- The explosion happened〔occurred〕 during an exercise near the town.在离市镇不远的地方演习时发生了爆炸。
- The talk is scheduled to take place tomorrow morning at eight o'clock.预定明早8时举行会谈。
- These events happened〔occured〕 last year.这些事是去年发生的。
- What happened after I left?我走后发生了什么事情?
- It didn't occur to him to ask for help.他没想到请别人帮忙。
误 It occurred me suddenly that I had not handed in my paper.
正 It occurred to me that I had not handed in my paper.
析 occur是不及物动词,后面不能直接接宾语,表示“…被某人想起”,应该用It occurs〔occurred〕 to sb 结构。另外, occur也不与suddenly连用。会发生第三次世界大战吗?
误 Do you think there will occur a World War III?
正 Do you think there will be a World War III?
- ☆ 1520年左右进入英语，直接源自中世纪法语的occurrer；最初源自拉丁语的occurrere：ob (对着，相反） + currere (跑），意为跑上前去，反方向跑，降临。