- n. 兴趣；嗜好；利息；股份
- v. 使…感兴趣
- 使注意， 引起...注意，使关注
- [U][C]兴趣 a readiness to give attention
- [U]趣味,引起注意之性质 a quality of causing attention to be given
- [C]爱好,嗜好 an activity, subject, etc., which one gives time and attention to
- [C]利益 advantage, advancement, or favour
- [U]利息 money paid for the use of money
- vt. 使产生兴趣 cause sb to have a feeling of interest
- vt. 引起…的意愿 make (sb) want to buy, take, eat, do sth, etc.
a sense of concern with and curiosity about someone or something;
"an interest in music"
a reason for wanting something done;
"for your sake"
"died for the sake of his country"
"in the interest of safety"
"in the common interest"
the power of attracting or holding one's attention (because it is unusual or exciting etc.);
"they said nothing of great interest"
"primary colors can add interest to a room"
a fixed charge for borrowing money; usually a percentage of the amount borrowed;
"how much interest do you pay on your mortgage?"
(law) a right or legal share of something; a financial involvement with something;
"they have interests all over the world"
"a stake in the company's future"
(usually plural) a social group whose members control some field of activity and who have common aims;
"the iron interests stepped up production"
a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly);
"sailing is her favorite pastime"
"his main pastime is gambling"
"he counts reading among his interests"
"they criticized the boy for his limited pursuits"
excite the curiosity of; engage the interest of
be on the mind of;
"I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
be of importance or consequence;
"This matters to me!"
- He showed not a spark of interest in the plan.
- His two great interests in life are music and painting.
- Do you pay interest on that account?
- He has an interest in the company.
- Things of that nature do not interest me.
- Few teachers are able to interest their students in dull subjects that mean a lot of hard work.
- Nothing could awake his interest.
- I study this subject with great interest.
- Their failure to reply to our letter seems to imply a lack of interest.
- We don't think there'll be any fresh interest for this commodity.
- Eating seems to be his only interest in life.
- There is a general interest in sports.
- Both swimming and stamp collecting are his interests.
- Shanghai,Nanjing,Wuxi and Hangzhou are all places of great interest in China.
- One should not look after one's own interests alone
- We are working in the interests of humanity.
- Anarchy does not conform to the interests or wishes of the people.
- Interest on agricultural loans is very low in our country.
- This bank charges one percent interest on all money borrowed from it.
- Our family has an interest in the business.
- They have interests in gold mining.
- That book may interest you.
- History does not interest me.
- This story does not interest me at all.
- The subject of the lecture interests me very much.
- This subject interests him greatly.
- This new method will certainly interest you.
- What interested me most was that he could make the dog do as he told it to.
- The fight for peace interests all nations.
- in the interest(s) of
为…利益,为…打算 for〔in〕 order to have
- of interest
- pay back with interest
加倍回敬 make the punishment exceed the harm that invoked it
pay sb back with interest
The bully punched the young lad in the back, who turned round and paid him back with interest by knocking him out.
- take an interest in
对…感兴趣,爱好 have an interest in sth
- interest in (v.+prep.)
使(某人)对…产生兴趣; 使(某人)对…热心 have a feeling of interest for sth; want to know or learn about sb/sth; make sb want to buy, take, do sth, etc.
interest sb/oneself in sb/sth/v-ing
Can I interest you in a game of table tennis?
He interested me in outdoor sports.
He tried to interest them in politics.
I tried to interest him in our plan.
We expect you to interest yourself in the job we assigned to you.
The teacher tried hard to interest the little girl in English, but he failed.
Mr.James was a gifted teacher of economics, who managed to interest his students in every aspect of the subject.
Can I interest you in this question?
Can I interest you in a cup of tea?
I want to interest myself in an enterprise.
This interests him in buying a colour TV.
I don't interest myself in politics.
If you would interest yourself in other people, you wouldn't feel so lonely.
He is interesting himself actively in the affair.
Astronomy was one of the subjects in which he had interested himself while in the Sixth Form.
天文学是他上六年级时就感兴趣的科目之一。be interested in sth/v-ing/wh-clause
He is interested in sports.
She was interested in everything she saw.
I am interested in the job.
He has been interested in China's long history from his early years.
No one outside the orphanage was interested in Annie.
The girls are interested in learning drawing.
They are interested in learning English.
They are all interested in climbing mountains.
He is interested in collecting stamps.
I am interested in singing and dancing.
I became interested in old maps.
They seem interested in collecting stamps.
The policeman wasn't interested in how or where I lived.
警察对我的生活状况和住处都不感兴趣。sb be interested in sb
Tom was very much interested in Rose.
- absorb interest 引起兴趣
- awake an interest in 引起对…的兴趣
- calculate interest 计算利息
- capture sb's interest 抓住某人的兴趣〔爱好〕
- catch interest 吸引
- charge interest 收取利息
- cultivate interest 培养兴趣
- defend one's interests 保护自己的利益
- demonstrate interest 表现出兴趣
- display interest 表现出兴趣
- draw interest 引起关注,引起兴趣
- express an interest in 表示对…感兴趣
- feel an interest in 对…感到有趣
- feel no interest in 对…不感兴趣
- find interest 对…有兴趣
- generate interest 激发兴趣
- give interest 赋予乐趣,予以注意
- give up interests 放弃利益
- go after interests 追求利益
- harm sb's interests 侵害某人的利益
- have an interest in 对…有兴趣
- have interest with sb 能对某人产生影响
- hold sb's interest 吸引住某人的兴趣
- keep up an interest 保持兴趣
- know one's own interests 很精明,会打算
- lack interest 缺乏趣味
- live on the interest 靠利息为生
- look after one's own interests 只顾自己的利益
- look to one's own interests 追求个人利益
- lose interest in 对…失去兴趣
- make interest with sb 对某人施加影响
- pay interest 付利息
- pique interest in 激起对…的兴趣
- promote an interest in 增强对…的兴趣
- protect one's interests 保护自己的利益
- receive interest 取得利息
- sacrifice sb's interests 牺牲某人的利益
- serve one's interest 为了自己的利益
- show an interest in 表现出对…感兴趣
- stimulate an interest in 激发对…的兴趣
- take an interest in 对…感兴趣
- academic interest 学术上的兴趣
- active interest 积极兴趣
- broad interests 兴趣广泛
- common interests 共同利益
- compound interest 复利
- current interest 活期利息
- deep interest 浓厚的兴趣
- fixed interest 定息
- general interest 广泛的关注,一般的兴趣
- great interest in 对…很感兴趣
- historic interest 古迹
- international interest 国际社会的关注
- lively interest 热烈的兴趣
- keen interest 浓厚的兴趣
- little interest 没有什么兴趣
- motherly interest 慈母般的关照
- much interest 极大的兴趣
- narrow interest 狭隘的兴趣
- national interests 国家利益
- particular interest 特殊的兴趣
- permanent interest 持久的兴趣
- personal interests 个人利益
- popular interests 大众利益
- practical interests 实际利益
- private interests 个人利益
- public interests 公益,公共利益
- serious interests 重大的利益
- simple interest 单利
- single interest 单利
- special interest 特殊兴趣
- strong interest 极强的兴趣
- universal interest 广泛的兴趣
- wide interest 广泛的兴趣
- worldwide interest 全世界关心
- against sb's interests 不利于某人
- at six percent interest 以六分息
- lend money at high interest 放高利贷
- in the interest of 为了…的利益
- of interest 有趣的
- question of common interest 共同关心的问题
- subject of interest 感兴趣的问题
- through interest 通过关系
- to sb's interest 对…有好处
- with interest 津津有味地
- without interest 无息
- interest actively 极其热心
- interest commercially 有商业上的兴趣
- interest enormously 很感兴趣
- interest genuinely 真正地感兴趣
- interest greatly 很有兴趣
- interest heavily 十分感兴趣
- interest immensely 极其感兴趣
- interest intensely 有强烈的兴趣
- interest keenly 非常感兴趣
- interest particularly 特别感兴趣
- interest profoundly 深深地感兴趣
- interest religiously 虔诚地感兴趣
- interest selfishly 自私地感兴趣
- interest warmly 十分感兴趣
Has someone else got an interest in the film rights?出自： J. Mortimer
He'd tried to interest Alma in chess and mathematics.出自： M. Atwood
- interest是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语。动词宾语为sb 时,表示“使(某人)对…感兴趣”,动词宾语为oneself时,表示主语本身“对…感兴趣”。
- in the interest(s) of truth指“为了真理”，in the interest(s) of peace指“为了和平”，interest后的s可选择加或不加；
I have (take) no interest in this subject.
This subject has no interest for me.
I study this subject with great interest.
This subject is of great interest to me.
- scholarly interests和intellectual interests 中的interests都表达为被关注的事或物；
This subject interests him greatly.
- interest, advantage, benefit, profit
- It is to your interest to do it.
- It is in your interest(s) to do it.
- It is your interest to do it.
- interest, amuse, please
- 这三个词的共同意思是“使人感兴趣”。其区别在于:interest意为“引起兴趣,使人感兴趣”,着重于“引起”; amuse意为“给…娱乐,消遣”,在被动句中,后面跟介词at, by, with引出的短语或动词不定式; please意为“使人满意,使人高兴”,在被动句中,多与介词about, by, with连用,不用于进行体。例如:
- He became very interested in science.他对科学变得感兴趣了。
- We were amused with the beautiful scenery.那美丽的风景使我们感到愉悦。
- I have been very much pleased by your analysis of the situation.我十分满意你对形势的分析。
误 She takes great interest at music and painting.
正 She takes great interest in music and painting.
析 表示“对…感兴趣”,应该说take〔have〕 interest in…,其中介词in不能改成at。在这里interest是不可数名词。旅行中我们看到了许多有趣和新鲜的事物。
误 We saw many interest and new things on our trip.
正 We saw many interesting and new things on our trip.你发现那本书里有什么令人感兴趣的东西吗?
误 Did you find any interest in the book?
正 Did you find anything interesting in the book?
析 注意interest是名词,不用于作定语修饰名词或代词; 而interesting是形容词,可用来修饰名词或代词。我希望,你会发现这本书很有趣。
误 I hope you will find the book interest.
正 I hope you will find the book of interest.
误 Everyone should work for the interest of the people.
正 Everyone should work in the interest of the people.
正 Everyone should work for the benefit of the people.
析 “为…利益”可以译为 in the interest of...或for the benefit of...,其中介词in和for不能互换。我对比较文学很感兴趣。
误 Comparative literature is of my great interest.
正 Comparative literature is of great interest to me.
析 of interest这个短语是“有兴趣的”意思。interest前可以用形容词如great, little, deep, tremendous等修饰,但不能用my, his等物主代词修饰。我要拿回我的钱外加利息。
误 I want my money back plus the interests.
正 I want my money back plus the interest.
误 It is in your interest to work hard.
正 It is to your interest to work hard.
析 表示“符合…的利益”“对…有好处”,习惯使用to one's interest,而不能使用其他介词。我们必须为国家的利益而奋斗。
误 We must fight for national interest.
正 We must fight for the national interest.
析 the national interest(国家利益)一语中的定冠词the不可省去,而the public interest(公共利益)一语中的the可有可无。
误 The illustrations in that magazine are very interested.
正 The illustrations in that magazine are very interesting.我认为这堂课很有趣。
误 I thought the lesson was quite interested.
正 I thought the lesson was quite interesting.读你最近的信,我感到很有趣。
误 I was very interesting in reading your last letter.
正 I was very interested in reading your last letter.
误 English is always interested him.
正 English has always interested him.
析 “英语课使人感兴趣”,不能用be interested这个表达被动意义的系表结构。其现在完成时表示英语课一直都使他感兴趣。我在报上读到科学家们已发现宇宙是怎样产生的,很感兴趣。
误 I was interested in reading in the paper that scientists have found out how the universe began.
正 I was interested to read in the paper that scientists have found out how the universe began.
析 be interested后接to- v ,表示对已经了解的事或已经经历过的事感兴趣。be interested in+ v -ing表示对将要和可能发生的事感兴趣。
- ☆ 16世纪初期进入英语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的interesse，意为与某人有法定关联的事物；最初源自中世纪拉丁文语的interesse，意为补偿（损失）。