- [U]忧虑,焦虑,担心 worry; anxiety
- [C]焦虑的原因 cause of anxiety
- [C]重要的〔感兴趣的〕事物 thing that is important or interesting to sb
- [C]企业; 公司 company; business
- [C]股份; 利害关系 share
- vt. 与…有关,关系到 have relation to; affect; be of importance
- vt. 关心,关切 be busy with; interest oneself in
- vt. 使担忧,使烦恼 worry; cause anxiety
- something that interests you because it is important or affects you;
"the safety of the ship is the captain's concern"
- an anxious feeling;
"care had aged him"
"they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
- a feeling of sympathy for someone or something;
"She felt strong concern for those less fortunate"
- something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness;
"New York traffic is a constant concern"
"it's a major worry"
- a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it;
"he bought his brother's business"
"a small mom-and-pop business"
"a racially integrated business concern"
- be relevant to;
"There were lots of questions referring to her talk"
"My remark pertained to your earlier comments"
- be on the mind of;
"I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
- Hardly a whisper of concern has been voiced.
- Provision of shelter was their main concern for the disaster victims.
- I am not insensible of your concern.
- Rarely would a single concern have the entire facilities required for a complete testing program.
- TCL is a large concern in our country.
- The theory of relativity is concerned with two seemingly opposite ideas.
- As a rule this concerns only part of the whole terminator
Their main concern is that they are not receiving enough money.
What is his main concerns as a teacher?
Their little shop is no longer a paying concern.
I haven't concern in the business.
These problems concern all of us.
It doesn't concern me at all.
The principal issues in dispute concern the duration of the future treaty.
This is a great event that concerns the future of our company.
The second question concerns our method of work.
We are firm where our principles are concerned.
In short, the style concerns not what a writer says but how he says.
The police are anxious to interview everyone concerned in last night's accident.
We shall have to consult with the other countries concerned.
All such problems concerning the well-being be placed on our agenda.
- concern about〔over〕 (v.+prep.)
使关心 give one's attention to concern oneself about〔over〕 sb/sth/wh-clause
She is always concerning herself about him.她一直在关心他。
Don't concern yourself about this matter.别为这个问题担心。
There is no need for you to concern yourself about where I was last night.你没必要关心我昨晚在哪儿。
It's a waste of time to concern yourself over other people's troubles.为别人的麻烦事操心,纯粹是浪费时间。常用于 be ～ed 结构
Why are you so concerned about the boy's safety?为何你如此担心那孩子的安全?
He is concerned about her illness.他担心她的病情。
The leader was much concerned over the plight of the refugees.那位领导人对难民的悲惨境况很担忧。
- 使关心 give one's attention to concern oneself about〔over〕 sb/sth/wh-clause
- concern for (v.+prep.)
使为…担心 worry about (sth/sb) concern for sb/sth
He said he had concerned for me very much last night.他说他昨晚好担心我。
We all concerned for her safety.我们都很担心她的安全。
- 使为…担心 worry about (sth/sb) concern for sb/sth
- concern in (v.+prep.)
参与 take part in (sth) be concerned in sth
He was concerned in the crime.他与犯罪有牵连。
More than one person has been concerned in this affair.不止一个人卷入了此事。
The law firm was concerned in the building contract.这个法律事务所参与了这项建筑合同的签订。
- 参与 take part in (sth) be concerned in sth
- concern with (v.+prep.)
与…有关 have relation to be concerned with sb/sth
The book is concerned with political economics.这本书研究的是政治经济学。
The film is concerned with unemployment.这部影片是有关失业问题的。
Electronics is also concerned with controls.电子学也与控制技术有关。
We could not prove he was concerned with the crime, so we had to release him.我们无法证明他与此罪行有关,因此不得不释放了他。
关心 interest oneself in concern oneself with sb/sth
A good doctor should always concern himself with his patients.一个好的医生应当时时刻刻关心着他的病人。
Don't concern yourself with matters that are not your business.不要为与你无关的事操心。
You have to concern yourself with this matter.你得管管这事。
She concerned herself with the problem of illiteracy.她关心文盲问题。
- 与…有关 have relation to be concerned with sb/sth
- as concerns
关于,涉及 affect as concerns sb/sth
As concerns him,I have nothing to say.关于他,我没有什么可说的。
- 关于,涉及 affect as concerns sb/sth
- so〔as〕 far as...be concerned
就…来说,就…而论 concerning for that matter
This arrangement is quite satisfactory, so far as I am concerned. 就我来说,这样的安排很好。
As far as we ourselves are concerned, we are safe and sound. 至于我们自身,则安然无恙。
- 就…来说,就…而论 concerning for that matter
- concern much 非常担心
- concern affectionately 热情地关心
- concern anxiously 焦虑地担心
- concern chiefly 主要关系到
- concern deeply 有密切关系
- concern directly 直接关系到
- concern eagerly 焦急地担心
- concern extremely 忧虑重重
- concern genuinely 真心实意地关心
- concern gravely 严重地关系到
- concern greatly 大大地关系到
- concern humanly 有人情味地关心
- concern immensely 非常地关心
- concern indirectly 间接地关系到
- concern intensely 热情地关心
- concern primarily 首先关系到
- concern really 真正地关系到
- concern seriously 深深地关心
- concern tenderly 温柔地关怀
A truth of deep concern to men's souls.出自：A. W. Haddan
Teachynge those thinges which concerned the lorde Jesus.出自：Bible (Tyndale): Acts
- so far as ... is/are concerned，as far as ... is/are concerned，so far as concerns和as concerns都是“就...而言”的意思。注意后两种表达中concerns用复数不用单数；
He was concerned to hear of her ill health.
He was concerned to improve her health.
He was concerned about the matter.
He was concerned in the matter.
He was concerned with the matter.
be concerned with常与concern意思相同，concerned with常与concerning意思相同。下面两句子意思一样：
The story is concerned with a national hero.
The story concerns a national hero.
- concerned等于that is concerned或who are concerned，如everybody concerned (每个有关的人)，all concerned (有关各方) 和the department concerned (有关部门）。注意that is不可写出；
- your concern for me意为“你对于我的关怀”，your concern over me 意为“你对于我的担心”；
- To whom it may concern或To Whom It May Concern用在不指明收信者是谁的信里，当作称呼语。这种信通常没有Yours，turely等信尾客套语。
- concern作“担心”“挂念”解时,主语一般是人,常与介词about, for或over连用。
- concern常与指人的反身代词连用,表示“关心,关注”，其后常接介词about, in或with。
- concern后可接由that, where或how等关系代词引导的从句。
- concern, affair, business, matter, thing
这组词在含糊地指那些所做的事时意义相近,常可互换。例如：It is a regretful affair〔business, concern, matter, thing〕.这是一件遗憾的事。I don't talk to her about private affairs〔business, concerns, matters, things〕.我从不和她谈私事。它们之间的区别在于：1.从模糊程度上看, affair＜matter＜thing, thing的词义最不确切,常可用在有意使概念含混不清的场合。例如：How did you find things in America?你觉得美国怎样?2.从含义上看, affair强调运行或操作过程,如一道程序,一笔交易,一个行动,一项事业等。business强调职责关系,例如：It is her business to take good care of the baby.看护好这个婴儿是她的职责。concern强调利害相关,例如：It is no concern of mine.此事与我无关。matter强调必须考虑和处理,例如：We have a lot of matters to do.我们有许多事情要做。thing则是一般用语,口语中常表示说话内容预先未考虑好或说话者力图掩饰自己的观点,例如：I've another thing to talk with you.我还有一件事跟你说。3.从用法上看, business不能用复数,而affair在指重大的或头绪较多的事务时则需要用复数。4.从搭配范围上看,与foreign、international、state等词连用时只能用affair,在短语have an affair with sb (与某人有不正当男女关系)中也只能用affair。在指商业上的生意和活动或指“公事”“正事”时只能用business,例如：It's a pleasure to do business with you.很高兴和你做生意。Business before pleasure.公事比娱乐要紧。口语中作“出了毛病”“失常”解时,只能用matter而不能用affair和business,例如：What's the matter with you?你怎么啦?在泛指“东西”“物品”时,用affair和thing均可。例如：And these Tubes were convenient things〔affairs〕.而这地下铁道是非常方便的东西。
- concern, care
二者均可表示“关心”,有时可换用。其区别在于:1.care后一般接介词for, concern后一般接for, about或at。例如:He showed no care〔concern〕 for others.他对别人漠不关心。He does not show much concern about it.他对那事不太关心。He expressed much concern at the news.他对这条消息十分关心。2.care可表示“小心”,而concern无此义。例如:Great care should be exercised in the matter.对这件事应特别慎重。3.concern后接with或in表利害关系,而care无此用法。例如:I have no concern with〔in〕 this business.我与这事不相干。
- be concerned about, care for
这组短语都有“关心”的意思。其区别在于:1.care for主要用于人,且多用于口语中。例如:I really care for the students in my class, though I've taught them only two months. 我确实喜欢我班上的学生,尽管我才教他们两个月。Does she care for him at all? 她到底喜欢他吗?2.be concerned about 既可用于人,也可用于物,多用于书面语中。例如:Please don't be concerned about me.请不要为我的事操心。Why are you so concerned about the boy's safety?你为何如此担心那孩子的安全?He is concerned about her illness.他担心她的病情。The leader was much concerned about the plight of the refugees.那位领导人对难民的悲惨处境很担忧。
- affair business matter concern thing
错句：we are all concerned with his health.
纠正：we are all concerned for his health.
分析：be concerned with意为“与……有关”，be concerned for/about意为“为……担心”。
- ☆ 15世纪中期进英入语，直接源自中世纪法语的concernere；最初源自后期拉丁语的concernere：con (和) + cernere (筛选），意为察觉，理解。
- concern:concern vt. 涉及, 关系到n. (利害)关系, 关心, 关注, 关注, 所关心的是习惯用语as concerns 关于as far as... be concerned 关于； 至于； 就…