- 花坛，苗床， 苗圃
- =B.Ed. （Bachelor of Education 教育学士）
- [C][U]床,床位 a thing that you sleep on
- [C]河床,(湖或海)底部 the bottom of a river or the sea
- [C]苗圃,花坛 piece of ground where you grow plants
- a piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep;
"he sat on the edge of the bed"
"the room had only a bed and chair"
- a plot of ground in which plants are growing;
"the gardener planted a bed of roses"
- a depression forming the ground under a body of water;
"he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- (geology) a stratum of rock (especially sedimentary rock);
"they found a bed of sandstone"
- a stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit;
"he worked in the coal beds"
- single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance;
"slices of hard-boiled egg on a bed of spinach"
- the flat surface of a printing press on which the type form is laid in the last stage of producing a newspaper or magazine or book etc.
- a foundation of earth or rock supporting a road or railroad track;
"the track bed had washed away"
- furnish with a bed;
"The inn keeper could bed all the new arrivals"
- place (plants) in a prepared bed of soil
- put to bed;
"The children were bedded at ten o'clock"
- have sexual intercourse with;
"This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"
"Adam knew Eve"
"Were you ever intimate with this man?"
- prepare for sleep;
"I usually turn in at midnight"
"He goes to bed at the crack of dawn"
- Life isn't a bed of roses.
- Can you give me a bed for the night?
- The machine rests on a bed of concrete.
- The water is infiltrating the gravel bed.
- The brook warbled over its rocky bed.
- There sits a flower bed in the middle of the garden.
- The gardener raked over the bed and removed the weeds .
- Can Mary bed down with her sister?
- The inn keeper could bed all the new arrivals.
- He has bedded more girls than he can remember.
This bed can function as a chair.
Joe sat on the bed while Martin was unpacking.
Would you like to lie down on the bed for a few minutes?
She screamed that there was a snake under the bed.
There is a row of beds with a curtain between each bed.
On several occasions, returning late, he had found guests in his bed.
She sent away for a set of bed linens she saw advertised in a magazine.
Mother was confined to bed with her bad leg.
She helped him to bed and called a doctor immediately.
John was confined to bed for a week with his cold.
Will you see about putting the child to bed?
The child was tired, so I sent him to bed.
Early to bed and early to rise makes one healthy and wise.
The machine rests on a bed of concrete.
The hut rests on a bed.
A farmer is working in his seed bed.
Bed and sex are different things.
The king banished his wife from his bed.
- go to bed
去睡觉 go sleeping
The exhausted children went to bed quickly. 疲惫不堪的孩子们很快上床睡觉了。
It's high time you cut out going to bed so late. 你早就不该这么晚睡觉了。
I've had enough of this game; I'll chuck my cards in and go to bed. 这种牌游戏我玩腻了,我不打了,要去睡觉。
- 去睡觉 go sleeping
- in bed
在睡觉 be sleeping
He used to stay in bed till eight or nine in the morning. 他常常在早上睡到八、九点。
I sometimes stay in bed until lunch time. 有时我一直睡到吃午饭。
That night we were in bed early. 那晚我们睡得很早。
I prefer to remain in bed and dream on undisturbed. 我喜欢躺在床上静静的遐想。
因病而休息 have a rest because of illness
Mrs. Green is in bed with a bad headache. 格林小姐因头痛而卧床。
“What about Tom?”“He has been ill in bed since yesterday.” “汤姆怎么了?”“他病了,从昨天他就一直在床上。”
- 在睡觉 be sleeping
- make the bed
铺床 put the covers on a bed so that it is tidy and ready for sb to sleep in it
She was upstairs with Mrs. Green helping to make the beds. 她在楼上帮助格林夫人铺床。
He helped me to make the bed. 他帮我铺好床。
As you make your bed, so you must lie on it. 自作自受。
- 铺床 put the covers on a bed so that it is tidy and ready for sb to sleep in it
- take to bed
生病卧床 fall ill not to move about on the bed
He took to his bed in March and remained there for three months.3 月份他生病在床,在那儿呆了三个月。
He took to his bed. 他因病卧床。
- 生病卧床 fall ill not to move about on the bed
- do the bed 铺床
- fold a bed 整理床铺
- get into bed 上床
- get out of the bed 下床
- get to bed 就寝
- go to bed 就寝
- keep the bed 因病卧床
- leave one's bed 病愈
- lie in bed 躺在床上
- lie on a bed 躺在床上
- make a bed 铺床
- make one's own bed 自作自受
- make up a bed 准备好床铺
- put sb to bed 安排某人就寝
- remain in bed 卧床
- rise from one's bed 起床
- share a bed with sb 与某人同寝
- sit by the bed 坐在床边
- sit on the bed 坐在床上
- stay in bed 卧床
- take to one's bed 卧病在床
- undo a bed 推开床铺
- wet the bed 尿床
- camp bed 行军床,野营床
- feather bed 鸭绒床垫,有鸭绒垫的床
- hospital bed 医院病床
- iron bed 铁床
- spring bed 弹簧床,弹簧床垫
- water bed 水床
- river bed 河床
- flower bed 花圃
- seed bed 苗圃
He was in his bed and a slepe on a fethyr bedde.出自：Caxton
I carried my own bed with me.出自：M. W. Montagu
My great comfortable four-posted bed.出自：J. Carlyle
To see a stranger bedded with him instead of his owne Spouse.出自：W. Whateley
See..that your horse be rubbed, fed, and bedded.出自：J. Wesley
Young girls lie bedded soft.出自：Dylan Thomas
- 一般说来，躺在床上的习惯用语是in bed，但是如果说躺在某张床上，可用介词in或者on，例：on/in this bed或on/in the same bed；
- go to bed是习惯用语，意思就是“睡觉”“就寝”。bed前不加任何指示代词，go to the bed，go to my bed等均属不正确表达方式；
- 值得注意的是，这里的bed意思不仅指“床，即使睡地上，也可以说go to bed；
- bed的很多短语中都不含the，如take to bed，put to bed，get into bed，lie in bed和out of bed等。
- bed与介词in, into, out of等连用时通常不用冠词或其他限定词；与介词on连用时通常要有冠词。
- “食宿”应说bed and board,而不可说board and bed。
- on the bed, in bed
“躺在床上”可说on the bed,也可说in bed。其区别是：1.一般说来,和衣而卧,身上不盖东西时用on the bed; 而身上盖着毯子或其他东西,则用in bed。试体会下面两句的含义:
2.be in bed中的in在任何情况下都不能用on替换。这是因为在古英语中, bed的意思首先是指“供人躺卧的处所”。
- She tossed on her bed, unable to find an answer.
- Mary is ill.She is in bed.
误 I feel tired; I will go to the bed.
正 I feel tired; I will go to bed.
误 I was ill in the bed when he came to see me.
正 I was ill in bed when he came to see me.
析 go to bed意思是“去睡觉”。这里的bed不指具体意义的一张“床”,如一个人临时没有床,睡在地上,也可以说go to bed; 但有床去睡觉,也不能说成go to the bed, go to my bed或go to this bed等。在take to bed, put to bed, get to bed, get into bed, lie in bed, out of bed等短语里也没有the。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的bedd，意为床，沙发，休憩之所；最初源自古日耳曼语的badjam，意为地上挖出坑用于之觉睡处。
- turn in上缴
- high-riser单人双人两用床, 高把手...
- fix使 ... 固定
- day bed=daybed
- bunk bed(带梯子的)双层床...
- water bed充水床垫
- bed down 睡下(给 ... 铺草...
- in在 ... 里
- resting place休息处
- over在 ... 的上方...
- make love做爱
- have sex发生性行为
- go to bed去睡觉
- have it away乱搞男女关系...
- sleep with与 ... 睡觉
- get it on变得有精神
- make out起草
- have it off乱搞男女关系...
- sack out睡觉
- hit the sack就寝
- set up建立
- lie with(作出决定等)得靠 .....
- kip down睡觉
- hit the hay上床睡觉
- roll in the hay交欢
- go to sleep入睡
- sleep over在别人家里过夜...
- sleep together两人一起睡,搞两性关系,...
- get up起床
- bed:bed n. 床, 基础, 路基, 河底, 海底, 一堆, 一层vt. 安置, 嵌入, 使睡, 栽种vi. 上床, 分层习惯用语apple-pie bed 把被单迭得使人睡进去伸不直腿的卧铺(英国寄宿…