- [C] 座位 a place for sitting
- [C] 所在地,场所 a place where a particular activity happens
- [C] 席位,职位 a place as a member of an official or controlling body
- vt. 使就座 cause or help to sit
- vt. 使就职 cause to assume or take office
- vt. 修理…的座〔底部〕 repair the seat or bottom of
- vt. 可容纳若干座位 (of a room, table, etc.) have room for seats for
- a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane);
"he booked their seats in advance"
"he sat in someone else's place"
- the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on;
"he deserves a good kick in the butt"
"are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- furniture that is designed for sitting on;
"there were not enough seats for all the guests"
- any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit);
"he dusted off the seat before sitting down"
- a center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised)
- the location (metaphorically speaking) where something is based;
"the brain is said to be the seat of reason"
- the legal right to sit as a member in a legislative or similar body;
"he was elected to a seat in the Senate"
- a part of a machine that supports or guides another part
- the cloth covering for the buttocks;
"the seat of his pants was worn through"
- show to a seat; assign a seat for;
"The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
- be able to seat;
"The theater seats 2,000"
- place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position;
"there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy"
- put a seat on a chair
- provide with seats;
"seat a concert hall"
- place or attach firmly in or on a base;
"seat the camera on the tripod"
- place in or on a seat;
"the mother seated the toddler on the high chair"
- He sat down on the nearest available seat.
- She got on the bus and picked a seat up front.
- His body was flung across the cell and fetched up against the base of the lavatory seat.
- He lost his seat in the Parliament at the election.
- I have worn the seat of this skirt thin .
- We want to buy a car that can seat five persons.
- We can only seat you in twenty minutes.
- We can seat 300 in the auditorium.
- She purposely sat in the outside seat.
- He buckled himself into his seat.
The furniture hadn't arrived so we were using crates as seats.
These desks and seats can be adjusted to the height of any child.
The seats were placed so that we could admire the view.
These seats are reserved for old people.
Shall we change seats?
Mary exchanged seats with Anne.
There are many vacant seats in the theater.
There are two empty seats in the room.
She rose from her seat to protest.
I sit in the front seat of all.
There's no danger—keep your seats,please.
In the bus, this man gave his seat to the old woman.
We reserved seats on the train.
Have you reserved our theatre seats?
The naughty child received several slaps on his seat.
My seat's rather sore from horse riding!
He had grass stains on the seat of his trousers.
Don't put your feet on the seat of the chair.
There was a cushion on the seat of the chair.
Hollywood is the seat of the film industry.
Oxford and Cambridge are England's most famous seats of learning.
London is the British seat of government.
Mr. Smith has a seat in the House of Commons.
She won a seat in the Parliament at the election .
She's got a good seat.
Please seat yourself, sir.
He seated himself at the desk.
He seated us and called to his daughter to bring tea.
I seated him in the chair.
The mother seated her child on a bench.
We seated our guest to the right of the chairman.
We can't seat all these people.
She is seating an old pair of trousers.
Our table seats eight.
Our auditorium can seat 1500 people.
Please be seated, gentlemen.
He then asked me to be seated.
Margaret was seated near the fire.
They were seated at their desks.
Make sure the washer is firmly seated before tightening the pipe.
The queen of that country was seated last year.
He was seated last October.
The chair should be seated.
- by the seat of one's pants
〈非正〉凭直觉,凭本能 do sth by instinct rather than careful thought
Pilots in the early days of aviation flew by the seat of their pants. 在人类从事航空的初期,飞机驾驶员全凭直觉飞行。
- 〈非正〉凭直觉,凭本能 do sth by instinct rather than careful thought
- take a back seat
- 靠边站 stand aside; step aside; get out of the wayYou should take a back seat in this matter and let the two sides settle their own battle.在这个问题上你应该靠边站,让双方去解决他们自己的分歧。
处于次要地位 behave as if one were unimportant; take a less prominent part in sthI prefer to take a back seat in this matter.在这件事情上我宁可唱配角。
After five years as a director, she's decided to take a back seat. 在当了5年经理之后,她已决定退居二线。
- take a seat
请坐 please sit down
Won't you take a seat? 请坐,好吗?
- 请坐 please sit down
- take one's seat
坐下,就座 be seated; seated on one's place
More men entered and took their seats. 更多的人进来并坐了下来。
She bought a magazine and took her seat in the train. 她买了份杂志,就在她火车上的座位坐下来。
The show is about to start, ladies and gentlemen, so please take your seats. 电影就要开始了,先生们,女士们,请对号入座。
- 坐下,就座 be seated; seated on one's place
- seat at (v.+prep.)
坐在…的旁边 sit beside sth seat oneself at sth
She seated herself at the writing-table, and began to write documents.她坐在写字台旁,开始写文件。
No sooner had he finished supper than he seated himself at his desk.一吃完晚饭,他就坐在书桌前。用于 be ～ed 结构
She was seated at the piano, with her back to them.她坐在钢琴旁,背对着他们。
- 坐在…的旁边 sit beside sth seat oneself at sth
- seat on (v.+prep.)
使(某人)坐在…的上面 make sb sit on sth seat sb/oneself on sth
You could seat the baby on your knees.你可以让孩子坐在你的膝盖上。
She seated herself on the sofa.她在沙发上坐下。
把…安在…上 install sth on sth seat sth on sth
Seat the telescope on the tripod.把望远镜固定在三脚架上。
- 使(某人)坐在…的上面 make sb sit on sth seat sb/oneself on sth
- arrange the seat 排座次
- assign seat 分配座位
- book a seat 预订座位
- change a seat 换座位
- exchange seat 对换座位
- find a seat 找座位
- get a seat 得到座位
- give a seat to 给…让座
- give up sb's seat 放弃座位
- have a seat 有座位
- keep sb's seat 保留座位
- lost seat 未当选
- occupy a seat 占座
- offer a seat to 给…让座位
- take sb's seat 就座
- win seat 当选
- hold a seat 占有一个席位
- lose sb's seat 失去席位,未能当选为议员
- obtain a seat 取得一席位
- resign sb's seat 辞去(国会)议席
- win a seat 取得一个席位,当选国会议员
- back seat 后座
- comfortable seat 舒适的座位
- empty seat 空座位
- front seat 前部座位
- front-row seat 前排座位
- hot seat (处死刑的)电椅
- legitimate seat 合法席位
- reserved seat 预订的座位
- unoccupied seat 空座位
- vacant seat 空座位
- box seat 包厢座位
- bucket seat 可翻起的凹背单人座位
- cane seat 藤椅
- car seat 汽车座位
- jump seat 折叠式座位
- love seat 双人坐椅〔沙发〕
- spindle seat 轴座
- stone seat 石凳
- suicide seat 司机旁边的座位
- Cabinet seat 内阁席位
- county seat 县城所在地
- school seat 学校所在地
- seat cushion 坐垫
- seat for ladies 女宾座位
- seat for the press 记者席位
- seat in a theatre 剧院中的座位
- seat in the parliament 议会中的席位
- seat in the train 火车上的座位
- seat of a bus 公共汽车的座位
- seat of a car 汽车上的座位
- seat on a carriage 马车上的座位
- seat of commerce 商业中心
- seat of learning 求学之地,学府
- seat of pain 痛的部位
- seat of war 战场
- seat abruptly 突然就职
- seat calmly 冷静地坐下
- seat carefully 小心地就座
- seat drowsily 懒洋洋地坐下
- seat exactly 精确地修理…的底座
- seat idly 懒散地坐下
- seat modestly 端庄地就座
- seat musingly 沉思地坐下
- seat peacefully 安静地坐下
- seat regally 庄严地就座
- seat rustically 粗俗地就座
- seat wearily 萎靡地坐下
A rider is good because of a secure and balanced seat.出自：E. Baird
Ben seated himself on the easy chair.出自：A. Brink
- 在骑马术语中, seat可作“骑姿”解。
- the driver's seat(驾驶员座位), in the driver's seat(管理,负责),是美式英语; the driving seat(驾驶员座位), in the driving seat(管理,负责),是英式英语。
- seat只用作及物动词,作“使就座”“使就职”解时,一般接人或反身代词作宾语,常用于be ～ed结构。
- seat, bench, chair, sofa
这四个词所指并不相同:bench指长凳,可有背,也可无背; chair指有背的单人椅; seat指固定在汽车、火车、飞机、轮船,剧院、礼堂里的座位; sofa则指沙发。
- seat, sit
这两个词都有“坐”的意思。它们的区别是：seat作“使就座”解,是及物动词,一般和反身代词连用,或用于被动结构,强调坐在座位上, be seated是正式用语; sit 作“坐”解,与stand(站)相对,一般作不及物动词。例如:Sit down, please.(请坐)。此外, seat还有“可容纳若干人”的意思,而sit无此义。例如:Don't just sit there watching—come and help me!别坐在那儿观看,过来帮帮我的忙吧!The hall will seat 200.这大厅将能容纳二百人。
误 He seated at his desk and began to work.
正 He seated himself at his desk and began to work.
正 He was seated at his desk and began to work.
析 seat是及物动词,一般须接反身代词作宾语,或用be seated结构,表示“坐下,坐着”。
- SEAT:Science Engineering Analysis and Test operation (Lockheed Martin; Houston, TX)科学技术分析和试验操作(德克萨斯州的休斯顿,洛克希德-马丁。)
- SEAT:Single Engine Air Tanker单引擎空气加油
- SEAT:Sociedad Espan'ola de Automoviles de Turismo14 Espan 'ola德Automoviles旅游
- seat:seat n. 座, 座位, 所在地, 场所, 席位vt. 使坐下习惯用语be seated [口]坐box seat (马车上的)驾驶员座位 包厢座位; (运动场)正面 看台的座位 利于观看的地位b…