- 婚礼，结婚典礼 ，结婚仪式
- [C]结婚 the union of a man and woman by a ceremony in law
- [U]婚姻状况 the state of being so united
- [C]婚礼 wedding; ceremony at which a couple are married
- the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce);
"a long and happy marriage"
"God bless this union"
- two people who are married to each other;
"his second marriage was happier than the first"
"a married couple without love"
- the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony;
"their marriage was conducted in the chapel"
- a close and intimate union;
"the marriage of music and dance"
"a marriage of ideas"
- The news of their marriage knocked me for a loop.
- It was a pleasant surprise to learn of her marriage.
- Marriage is an institution in most societies.
- Marriage is for life.
- He played a passive role in the marriage.
- A lichen is a compound organism, a symbiotic marriage of fungus and algae.
Marriage is a lifelong business.
Does he intend marriage or only flirts with her?
The two families forbade the marriage between Thompson and Nancy.
We favour late marriage.
Living separately from parents after marriage is common.
He came into the firm as the result of his marriage with the daughter of the chairman.
Stephen's parents tended to disengage him from the promise of marriage.
She has abandoned all thought of marriage.
On her marriage to Mr.Smith,Miss Jones became Mrs. Smith.
Happy marriage may be more common in fiction than in real life.
Her first marriage ended unhappy.
Our marriage nearly broke up.
Their marriage was legal.
The marriage was invalid.
Many women successfully mix marriage and career.
The parents were happy at the happy marriage of their daughter.
The magazine's issue on marriage was especially interesting.
She was not lucky in marriage.
Her father reluctantly consented to the marriage.
His political reputation was damaged due to his illegal marriage.
Since she left school, she's had an eye to marriage.
A marriage has been announced between Mr. White and Miss Brown.
Over a seven-year period the number of marriages has decreased by thirty percent.
This is a register of births, marriages and deaths.
She rejected his marriage proposal.
No one had seen her marriage certificate.
They went through the appropriate marriage procedure.
Her second marriage was held in St. John's Church.
I shall attend your marriage.
They are going to have a church marriage.
Mrs. White only comes up to her husband's chin but there's no doubt who is the boss in that marriage!
It is now fashionable to perform marriages in the evening.
This major bank marriage is the fourth in less than six months.
- in marriage
通过婚姻关系 by the relation of marriage
They were united in marriage. 他们通过婚姻走到一起。
- 通过婚姻关系 by the relation of marriage
- marriage comes by destiny
姻缘命中注定 marriage are made in heaven
She's a sentimental woman who believes marriage comes by destiny. 她是多愁善感一类的人,她相信姻缘命中注定。
- 姻缘命中注定 marriage are made in heaven
- accept the marriage 答应结婚
- announce a marriage 宣布结婚
- arrange the marriage 安排婚礼
- break a marriage 离婚
- dissolve a marriage 解除婚约
- enter into a marriage 结婚
- perform the marriage 举行婚礼
- promise marriage to sb 答应与某人结婚
- propose marriage to sb 向某人求婚
- reject marriage 拒婚
- repair a broken marriage 使夫妻破镜重圆
- arranged marriage 事先筹划的婚姻
- broken marriage 破裂的婚姻
- civil marriage 公证结婚
- common-law marriage 未行正式仪式或未经法律批准的婚姻,同居
- deferred marriage 晚婚
- early marriage 早婚
- fictitious marriage 虚伪的结婚
- happy marriage 美满的婚姻
- illegal marriage 不合法的结婚
- ill-fated marriage 招致不幸的婚姻
- interracial marriage 不同种族之间的婚姻
- late marriage 晚婚
- lawful marriage 合法婚姻
- legal marriage 合法的结婚
- loveless marriage 没有爱情的婚姻
- mixed marriage 杂婚,异族通婚
- monogamous marriage 一夫一妇
- open marriage 公开的婚姻
- premature marriage 早婚
- secret marriage 秘密的婚姻
- unhappy marriage 不幸的婚姻
- group marriage 杂婚,群交共婚制
- after marriage 婚后
- age at marriage 结婚年龄
- by marriage 由姻亲关系
- relation by marriage 姻亲
- give (a daughter) in marriage 嫁女
- take (a woman) in marriage 娶妻
- unite in marriage 通过结婚而结合
- rush into marriage 草率结婚
- offer of marriage 求婚
Most of us enter into marriage with romantic ideas.出自：D. Rowe
- marriage, matrimony, wedding
这三个词都与“婚姻”有关。其区别在于:1.marriage须得到法律的认可; matrimony是一个很正式的有宗教含义的词,尤其用于通过结婚而建立精神上或宗教信仰方面的联系; 而wedding则一般只是习俗而并非法律的必须程序。例如:Marriage by a priest is lawful in England without another ceremony.在英国,由牧师证婚的婚姻即使没有别的仪式也是合法的。He is contemplating matrimony with his girlfriend.他正考虑和他的女朋友结婚。Many people came to the young couple's wedding.许多人参加了这对年轻夫妇的婚礼。2.marriage指婚姻状况,而wedding则指男女结婚时举行的一种仪式。“参加婚礼”英语是attend a wedding,“喜筵”是wedding feast,“结婚照”是wedding photograph,“结婚戒指”是wedding ring,“结婚礼物”是wedding gift〔present〕。这些都不能用marriage 来代替。再如：Their marriage lasted for thirty happy years.他们的婚姻持续了30个幸福的年头。Have you been invited to their wedding?你被邀请参加他们的婚礼了吗?
误 Marriage are a very serious thing.
正 Marriage is a very serious thing.
- ☆ 1300年左右进英入语，直接源自古法语的mariage，意为结婚，婚姻。
- marriage:marriage n. 结婚, 婚姻, 婚姻生活, 密切结合, 合并习惯用语by marriage 与婚姻有关的give (sb.) in marriage 把(某女)嫁出steal a marria…