- v. 建立；确立；创办；安顿
- 使开业，使定居， 使立足于
- vt. 建立; 成立 set up on a firm or lasting basis
- vt. 安置 settle, place a person, oneself in a position, office, place, etc.
- vt. 确定; 证实 find out or make certain of
set up or found;
"She set up a literacy program"
set up or lay the groundwork for;
"establish a new department"
establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment;
"The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"
"The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
institute, enact, or establish;
"The trompe l'oeil-illusion establishes depth"
"Her manager had set her up at the Ritz"
build or establish something abstract;
"build a reputation"
use as a basis for; found on;
"base a claim on some observation"
- We have established trade ties with these regions.
- There is an urgent need to establish a strict responsibility system.
- He has established his theory.
- The framework of a social security system was established by and large.
- The company was established in 1860.
- He decided to establish a new school.
- They established themselves in their new house.
- Every possibility has been exploited to establish a number of schools.
- We have established diplomatic relations with many countries.
- The company has established a new system for dealing with complaints.
- They established themselves between the Danube and Greece.
- Newton conclusively established the law of gravity.
- He succeeded in establishing a claim to the title.
- We've established a rule in this club that everyone buys his own drinks.
- The university has established new rules and regulations.
- He established his innocence by showing that he was in another city when the theft was committed.
- Only when he spoke off the cuff did he establish report with his audience.
- Our university was established in 1948.
- On January 1 diplomatic ties between the United States and China were at last established.1
- This tradition has long been established.
- These idioms have long been established in the English language.
- Her reputation is established among us.
- A new article of law has just been established.
- The theory is not yet scientifically established.
- The police established that she was innocent.
- He has established over and over again that Mr. Lowden accepted a bribe.
- It will be difficult to establish what has happened.
- Before taking the train he had to establish whether it went to Beijing.
- He established himself as governor of the province.
- She established her fame as a film star.
- Mr. X was established as governor of the province.X
- She has been established as a qualified teacher.
- With these facts established, we can proceed to the next point.
- establish in (v.+prep.)
使立足于 place or cause sb to settle firmly in
establish sb/oneself in sth
The director tends to establish his relatives in the best jobs.
He established his son in business.
A new doctor has established himself in this street.
He has established himself in Beijing.
Miss Baker was established in the educational field.
How long did it take you to become established in the office?
Many teachers are now comfortably established in their new houses.
- establish well 稳固地建立
- establish comfortably 舒舒服服安顿下来
- establish conclusively 确立
- establish definitely 确定无疑
- establish firmly 牢固地确立
- establish officially 正式建立
- establish scientifically 科学证实
- establish solidly 牢固确立
- establish splendidly 辉煌地建立
- establish sufficiently 有效地建立
This edict was established, for the regulation of the Christian army..during the Crusade.出自： Joseph Strutt
Having first established that they should quit the work at nights.出自： J. Smeaton
- establish接that-clause或wh-clause是非正式用法。前者意为“让人相信”,后者意为“弄清楚”。这种用法中, establish的主体通常是人。
He has established the school for ten years.
The school has been established for ten years.
- establish, build, construct, erect, found, set up
- build是本组词中最常用者,指一般的“建造,建立”,可以表示具体的、特殊的以及比喻的和抽象的意义; construct强调“复杂性”,不强调花费的劳动(特别是体力劳动),而侧重动脑筋解决建造过程中的问题,即“构思”;erect强调“高度”,即竖立起来;establish表示稳固、持久地建立起具体或抽象的事物;found着重在建立之前打下基础;set up着重起点。例如:
- The house was built of wood.这栋房子是用木头盖起来的。
- They are planning to construct an office building.他们正在计划建一栋办公楼。
- A skyscraper has been erected.一栋摩天大楼拔地而起。
- My father established this firm forty years ago.我的父亲40年前建立了这家公司。
- The house was founded on solid rock.这幢房子建在坚硬的岩石之上。
- When was this company set up?这家公司是什么时候成立的?
- establish, fasten, fix, settle
- Every possibility has been exploited to establish a number of schools.利用一切可能性建立了许多学校。
- The company has established a new system for dealing with complaints.这家公司建立了处理意见的新制度。
- We have settled what we'll discuss at the next meeting.我们已决定下次会议讨论什么内容。
- Their grandparents settled the land in 1856.他们的祖辈于1856年在这块土地上定居下来。
- Please fasten the seatbelt when the plane is about to take off.飞机起飞时请系好安全带。
- The stranger fastened on my arm.那个陌生人紧紧抓住我的胳膊。
- His eyes fastened upon the beautiful lady.他的眼睛盯住那位美丽的妇人。
- ☆ 15世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的establiss，意为使它坚固；最初源自古典拉丁语的stabilire，意为使稳定。
- found 建立
- prove 证明
- show 证明
- institute 学院
- confirm 证实
- create 创造
- start 开始
- determine 决定
- corroborate 确证
- set up 建立
- organize 组织
- launch 发起
- set 放置
- begin 开始
- demonstrate 证明
- bring about 带来
- form 形式
- ascertain 确定
- find out 发现
- fix 使 ... 固定
- settle 解决
- verify 核实
- authenticate 证明...为真
- build 建造
- testify 作证
- constitute 构成
- install 安装
- make 做
- plant 植物
- locate 找出
- open 开着的
- clinch 钉牢
- conceive 设想
- bed 床
- define 规定
- specify 详细说明
- seat 座位
- base 底部
- ground 地面
- impress 印记
- lay down 放下（武器）...
- erect 使竖立
- instal 安装
- certify 证明
- construct 建造
- give 给
- shew <古>=show