- 静止下来， 保持寂静
- [U] 睡(眠) the natural resting state of unconsciousness of the body
- vi. 睡眠 rest in sleep
- vt. 为…提供床位 have enough beds for a number of people
a natural and periodic state of rest during which consciousness of the world is suspended;
"he didn't get enough sleep last night"
"calm as a child in dreamless slumber"
a torpid state resembling deep sleep
a period of time spent sleeping;
"he felt better after a little sleep"
"there wasn't time for a nap"
euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb);
"she was laid to rest beside her husband"
"they had to put their family pet to sleep"
be able to accommodate for sleeping;
"This tent sleeps six people"
- I didn't sleep well last night.
- He have to sleep by day and work by night.
- He'd been sleeping rough for a week, in ditches and haystacks.
- I haven't had enough sleep lately.
- A growing child needs plenty of sleep.
- Lack of sleep is detrimental to one's health.
- She stirred now and again in her sleep.
- A good sleep may help you pick up flesh.
- Sleep was out of the question.
- His sleep was broken by a strange noise.
- Most people need eight hours' sleep a day.
- I packed, then snatched four hours' sleep.
- I didn't get much sleep.
- I haven't had enough sleep lately.
- He says there might be trouble, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
- I'll go upstairs and have a sleep.
- Having had a good sleep, she was fully recovered.
- I could not have a good sleep last night because of my headache.
- She passed away in her sleep.
- I heard you talk in your sleep.
- He talks in his sleep.
- Once he walked in his sleep.
- I was in a sound sleep when you called.
- She cried herself to sleep.
- He is never idle saving sleep.
- Every morning I rose my daughter from her sleep.
- The last sleep means death.
- Her mother went to her eternal sleep.
- It is the proper time to sleep.
- The hours pass slowly when you can't sleep.
- They were unable to sleep because of the din coming from the bar.
- The river roared him to sleep.
- She is still sleeping.
- Though he slept soundly, he awoke instantly.
- I slept very badly.
- The old woman slept little.
- He eats a little and then sleeps a little.
- Did you sleep well?
- He is able to relax and always sleeps well.
- I could scarcely sleep last night.
- He likes to sleep for an hour in the afternoon.
- I usually sleep late on Sunday.
- I never sleep on New Year's eve.
- Of course,I don't always sleep in the afternoons.
- He likes to sleep on a soft bed.
- Don't sleep between damp sheets.
- He slept the night in a roadside inn.
- As he'd missed his train, we invited him to sleep the night with us.
- The room was air-conditioned so that you slept cool on the hottest nights.
- He began to drink, drank himself to intoxication, till he slept obliterated.
- The room sleeps four.
- The boat sleeps a family of eight.
- Our caravan sleeps six in comfort.
- The back seat of the car folds down to sleep two people.
- The baby slept the peaceful sleep last night.
- After such a long walk, he slept the sleep of the dead.
- She slept the sleep of exhaustion.
- She slept herself sober.
- Get up!You will sleep yourself foolish.
- have one's sleep out
睡足而自行醒来 continue sleeping until one wakes up naturally
- get off to sleep
入睡 fall asleep
- get to sleep
睡着,入睡,设法睡着 manage to fall asleep , succeed in passing into the condition of sleep
- go to sleep
(肢体)麻木 both sb's hands and feet have gone numbI've been sitting on the floor and my foot's gone to sleep.我一直坐在地板上,脚都麻木了。
- put to sleep
(人)由于怜悯而杀死动物 kill a suffering animal deliberatelyStray dogs are usually put to sleep.迷路的狗如果没有人认领,常被杀掉。
- sleep around (v.+adv.)
〈口〉和很多人有性关系 have sexual relations with a lot of different people
Her friends don't approve of her since she started sleeping around.
She finally got married and stopped sleeping around.
她终于结婚了,不再与男性乱交了。sleep sb ⇔ around
She slept around with a lot of people before she got married.
- sleep away (v.+adv.)
以睡眠摆脱(烦恼) get rid of (sth such as trouble) by sleeping
When I last looked in the bedroom, he was still sleeping away.
我最后一次进卧室去看时,他还在睡觉。sleep sth ⇔ away
Are you going to sleep the whole morning away?
Tom often sleeps away the hours.
汤姆常以睡觉来消磨时间。sleep sth ⇔ away
Go and have a good rest, you might be able to sleep your troubles away.
- sleep in (v.+adv.)
〈口〉住宿在工作的地方 sleep in the place where you workThey have two maids who sleep in.他们有两个住在他们家里的女仆。
- sleep off (v.+adv.)
用睡觉消除 get rid of a bad feeling or emotion by sleeping
sleep sth ⇔ off
He slept off the effects of all the drink he had at the party the previous night.
George had too much drinks last night and is now sleeping off the effects.
You'd better sleep off your fatigue after working.
She is in bed sleeping off the effects of the party.
I have a slight infection, but I think I'll manage to sleep it off.
- sleep on (v.+adv.)
先睡一晚上再对…作出决定 have a night's sleep before making a decision about
sleep on it
We asked Judy if she would join our club and she answered that she would sleep on it.
- sleep out (v.+adv.)
以睡眠打发(日子); 睡下考虑(问题) pass (time) or consider (an idea) in sleep
The cruel boss told the boy to sleep out.
It's so hot tonight, can't we sleep out in the garden?
They planned to sleep out during their journey.
There were all kinds of reasons why they slept out.
The inspector went round asking why the men slept out in this weather.
The children love sleeping out in tents when we go camping.
Their children are always going to parties and seem to sleep out nearly every night.
他们的孩子们总去参加晚会,几乎每天夜晚都在外借宿。sleep sth ⇔ out
Sometimes he feels that he would like to sleep out the rest of his days without having to work or think any more.
- sleep rough
将就着睡 sleep without a proper bed
- sleep through (v.+prep.)
在…中酣睡不醒 fail to be woken by a noise, clock, etc.
sleep through sth
I was a small child at the beginning of the war, and soon learned to sleep through heavy bombing.
- arouse from sleep 从梦中醒来
- beguile in sleep 用睡觉消磨时间
- break sb's sleep 惊醒某人
- call in sleep 梦中唤醒
- cry oneself to sleep 哭着睡着
- desire sleep 想睡觉
- disturb sleep 扰乱睡眠
- fall into a deep sleep 酣睡
- feign sleep 假睡
- forget sleep and food 废寝忘食
- go to sleep 睡着,去睡觉
- have a sleep 睡一觉
- have sb's sleep out 让某人睡个够
- incline to sleep 有睡意,想睡
- induce sleep 诱使入睡,崔眠
- intensify sleep 加深睡意
- lack sleep 缺少睡眠
- lay sb to sleep 使某人入睡
- lose one's sleep 失眠
- put sb to sleep 使某人入睡
- rouse from sleep 唤醒
- send sb to sleep 使某人入睡
- sleep the final sleep 死亡
- trail into sleep 渐入睡眠
- alcoholic sleep 醉死
- bankrupt sleep 失眠
- beloved sleep 可爱的睡眠
- bestial sleep 禽兽似的睡眠
- big sleep 长眠,死
- broken sleep 断断续续的睡眠,时睡时醒
- comfortable sleep 舒服的睡眠
- common sleep 普通的睡眠
- curtailed sleep 睡眠不足
- dead sleep 熟睡
- deep sleep 熟睡,沉睡
- disturbed sleep 被打扰的睡眠
- downy sleep 机警的睡眠
- dreamless sleep 睡眠时不做梦
- enchanted sleep 中了邪似的睡眠
- enough sleep 充分的睡眠
- eternal sleep 长眠,死亡
- fatal sleep 致命的睡眠
- fevered sleep 因发烧而昏睡
- final sleep 长眠,死亡
- fitful sleep 时睡时醒的睡眠
- good sleep 好好地睡了一觉
- heavy sleep 熟睡
- hypnotic sleep 昏睡
- last sleep 长眠,死亡
- light sleep 轻睡
- long sleep 长时间的睡眠
- miraculous sleep 不可思议的睡眠
- much sleep 睡得多
- quiet sleep 安静的睡眠
- restful sleep 安宁的睡眠
- restless sleep 不安宁的睡眠
- short sleep 短时间的睡眠
- sound sleep 熟睡
- sweet sleep 香甜的睡眠
- arouse sb from sleep 把某人从睡梦中唤醒
- awake from sleep 从睡梦中醒来
- talk in one's sleep 说梦话
- walk in one's sleep 梦游
- eight hours of sleep 八小时睡眠
- sleep a little 睡一会儿
- sleep late 睡懒觉
- sleep little 睡得少
- sleep long 长睡
- sleep well 睡得好
- sleep abundantly 睡得充足
- sleep atrociously 睡得很不好
- sleep badly 睡得不好
- sleep fitfully 时醒时睡
- sleep habitually 习惯地睡
- sleep heavily 沉睡
- sleep hypnotically 昏睡
- sleep peacefully 安静地睡
- sleep profoundly 沉睡
- sleep quickly 入睡快
- sleep quietly 睡得平静
- sleep softly 轻睡
- sleep soundly 熟睡
- sleep sufficiently 睡得充足
- sleep tranquilly 安静地睡
- sleep transiently 小睡
- sleep apart 分开睡
- sleep around 乱搞男女关系
- sleep away 以睡眠消除
- sleep in 睡在雇主家
- sleep off 以睡眠消除
- sleep on 继续睡
- sleep over 在别人家过夜
- sleep at home 睡在家里
- sleep at night 夜间睡
- sleep at sb's post 在工作岗位上睡
- sleep beneath the tree 在树下睡觉
- sleep beyond sb's usual time 睡得超过平时起床时间
- sleep for a long time 睡了很长时间
- sleep in peace 安睡
- sleep in the grave 在墓中长眠
- sleep in the open air 睡在露天的地方
- sleep off a drunk 借睡觉醒酒
- sleep off sb's fatigue 借睡眠除去疲劳
- sleep off sb's headache 借睡觉治愈头痛
- sleep off sb's sadness 借睡觉忘掉悲伤
- sleep off sb's vexation 以睡觉消除烦恼
- sleep on a soft bed 睡在软床上
- sleep out of doors 睡在室外
- sleep round the clock 连睡
- sleep through the heavy bombing 在轰炸中熟睡
You look tired, are you getting enough sleep?出自： I. Murdoch
He..went to bed, but did not sleep for a long time.出自： G. Gissing
I slept..at this..inn at Chedsholme.出自： W. F. Harvey
Gertrude would sleep late, rising at noon.出自： H. Carpenter
- sleep的意思是“睡眠”,是不可数名词; 加不定冠词时,表示“一段时间的睡眠”。
- sleep, get to sleep, go to bed
- 这三者在意思上有所区别：sleep意为“睡着,入睡”; get to sleep意为“设法睡着”; go to bed意为“上床,就寝”。例如:
- I have slept for seven hours.我睡了7个小时了。
- I couldn't get to sleep last night.昨天晚上我无法入睡。
- I usually go to bed at ten.我通常10点就寝。
- sleep late, go to bed late
- 这两个短语在意思上有所差别：前者表示“起床晚”; 后者表示“睡得迟”。例如:
- He often sleeps late.他时常很晚才起床。
- I often go to bed late.我时常很晚才就寝。
- sleep, fall asleep
- I have slept for seven hours.我已睡了7个小时了。
- Bob was so tired that he fell asleep the moment his head touched the pillow.鲍勃累极了,一碰到枕头就睡着了。
误 He slept at ten last night.
正 He went to sleep at ten last night.