- 花园，菜园，果园， 园子，园圃
- 种植花木，栽培花木 ，在园中种植
- [C]宅旁园圃,花园; 果园; 菜园 a piece of land, often around or at the side of a house, which may be covered with grass or planted with flowers, fruit, and vegetables
- [C]公园 a public park with flowers, grass, paths and seats
- vi. 从事园艺; 种植花木 work in garden, keeping it tidy, making plants grow, etc.
a plot of ground where plants are cultivated
the flowers or vegetables or fruits or herbs that are cultivated in a garden
a yard or lawn adjoining a house
work in the garden;
"My hobby is gardening"
- Mary talked with me across the garden fence.
- He dunged his vegetable garden regularly.
- He's been gardening all day.
- We have not much garden.
- The garden lies to the south of the house.
- I found him working in his garden.
- We have a small garden at the front of the house and a large one at the back.
- Don't plant your garden with ill assorted flowers.
- I spend a whole day weeding the garden.
- She's out in the garden, mowing the lawn.
- The guests admired the beautiful blooms in the garden of their hostess.
- She often sits in the garden at twilight.
- An old coin in the garden was dug up.
- The artist depicted him strolling through a garden.
- There is a tea garden besides the road.
- The garden party broke up at six p.m.
- There is a fine botanical garden in Wuchang and a zoo in Hanyang.
- By the side of Hyde Park stands Kensington Gardens.
- He's been gardening all day.
- She doesn't garden very much nowadays—she tires easily.
- She's outdoors gardening every afternoon.
- Many retired people take up gardening as a hobby.
- Some people garden for pleasure.
- He likes to garden because it keeps him out of doors.
- bear garden
喧嚣的场所 noisy and chaotic gathering
- everything in the garden is lovely
〈口〉一切都好 everything is satisfactory
- lead up the garden path
〈口〉欺骗某人 deceive sb
lead sb up the garden path
He led her up the garden path; he told her that he was only thirty-five and that he'd never been married before.
I fell for his scheme till I realized that he was leading me up the garden path.
The politicians have been leading us up the garden path all these years.
- build a garden 建造花园
- clean up a garden 整理花园,清理花园
- fence a garden 把花园围以篱笆
- lay out a garden 设计花园
- lead sb up the garden 引诱某人,把某人引入歧途
- look out into the garden 面对花园
- plant a garden 在花园中种植花草
- start a garden 开辟花园
- take a turn round the garden 绕花园兜一圈
- water a garden 浇花园
- back garden 后花园
- beautiful garden 美丽的花园
- front garden 前花园
- old garden 古老的花园
- public garden 公园
- sunny garden 阳光明媚的花园
- bear garden 养熊场
- beer garden 露天啤酒店
- city garden 城市花园
- flower garden 花园
- home garden 家庭菜园
- market garden 以供应市场花、菜、水果为目的的菜园
- pleasure garden 游乐园
- roof garden 屋顶花园
- tea garden 露天茶室
- truck garden 蔬菜农场
- vegetable garden 菜园
- in the garden 在花园内
- garden all day 在园子里干了一整天
A gracious little garden where lilac and laburnum and pink hawthorn were already in flower.出自： V. Brittain
I..read scraps of books, garden a little, and am on good terms with my neighbours.出自： E. FitzGerald
- garden指住宅内种植花、草、果木或蔬菜的园地,可译作“宅旁园圃,花园; 菜园; 果园”。
- garden是不及物动词,意思是“从事园艺; 种植花木”。
- garden, farm, field
- farm指农场,也可指饲养场、畜牧场、养殖场等; garden指公共娱乐或观赏场地,如公园、花园等,也可指菜园、果园、园地、园圃,还可指露天饮食店; field指田地、牧场,也可指作特殊用地的场地、场所,还可指战场、作战训练场、运动场、田赛场地。例如:
- It was getting dark when they arrived at the farm.他们到达农场时,天已渐渐黑下来了。
- An old coin in the garden was dug up.花园里一枚古铜币被挖掘出来。
- This field needs to be dug up.这块田需要翻。
- garden, yard
- 这两个名词的共同意思是“园,院子”。其区别在于:garden指“花园”等植物的园,用复数时,也可表示“公园”; yard指房子前后的“院子”,房子与房子之间的“天井”“庭院”,也指家畜、家禽的围栏,圈栏等。例如:
- The garden needs cleaning up.这花园需要打扫整理。
- You can play outside, but you must not leave the yard.你可以在外面玩,但不能离开院子。
- We usually take a walk in a garden.
- We usually take a walk in gardens.
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的gardin，意为园，庭院。