- [C]住宅,房子 building made for people to live in, usually for one family or for a family and lodgers
- [S]住在一所房子中的人们,全家人 people living in a same building
- [C]用作某种目的的建筑物 building made or used for some special purpose
- [C]议院 group of people who meet to discuss or pass laws
- vt. 给…提供住房 provide with a place to live
- vt. 收藏 provide space for sth
- a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families;
"he has a house on Cape Cod"
"she felt she had to get out of the house"
- the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments;
"he worked for a brokerage house"
- the members of a religious community living together
- the audience gathered together in a theatre or cinema;
"the house applauded"
"he counted the house"
- an official assembly having legislative powers;
"a bicameral legislature has two houses"
- aristocratic family line;
"the House of York"
- play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults;
"the children were playing house"
- (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided
- the management of a gambling house or casino;
"the house gets a percentage of every bet"
- a social unit living together;
"he moved his family to Virginia"
"It was a good Christian household"
"I waited until the whole house was asleep"
"the teacher asked how many people made up his home"
- a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented;
"the house was full"
- a building in which something is sheltered or located;
"they had a large carriage house"
- contain or cover;
"This box houses the gears"
- provide housing for;
"The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town"
- Her house is furnished in excellent taste.
- They are going to move to a new house next week.
- My dream is to have a big house among peach trees.
- Be quiet or you'll wake the whole house!
- He designs for a famous fashion house.
- The failure of the great London banking house was quickly noised about.
- The party has a working majority in the house.
- There was one episode, in particular, that held the house from floor to ceiling.
- His address soon drew a good house.
- The 12th house rules our subconscious mind.
- He tried to feed and house his family.
- The library houses about three million books.
- The classroom can house sixty students.
- Those caves may house snakes or some other wild animals.
My house is within walking distance of the school.
New houses are going up everywhere.
The fire spread quickly from house to house.
The grounds around his house are beautiful.
Their occupation of the house will expire next week.
Everything in this house is in good order.
The house had gone to ruin.
It took all our savings to buy the house.
The house adjacent to the church is the vicarage.
Our house is adjacent to theirs.
All the houses in this project are alike.
The house stood alone on the hill.
We were surprised at finding the house clean, bright and spacious.
The teacher was busy correcting our exercise books when we called at his house.
The house was in a state of complete disorder because of the young children.
He was content to die here in the midst of his lands, in the old houses of his fathers.
The union's headquarter is in the Transport House.
These shops belong to the House of Fraser.
John works for a brokerage house now.
We had a quick meal at a cheap eating house.
We visited the monkey house at the zoo.
She was collecting eggs from the chicken house.
Reading is the key to the treasure house of ideas.
The Senate approved the bill, but the House voted against it.
The House of Commons is the lower House of the British parliament.
Be quiet or you'll wake the whole house!
The whole house was woken up.
The whole house was ill with the mumps.
I stayed awake until the whole house was sleeping.
Meals are always late in our house.
The House of Windsor is an ancient house.
She is related to a European royal house.
The play was taken off after playing to almost empty houses for two weeks.
Is there a doctor in the house?
We had a good house.
He tried to feed and house his family.
Many villagers volunteered to house the flood victims.
Each apartment could house a family of six.
New flats were built to house the oil workers' families.
Such a small cottage will never house us all.
He uses the house to house the cows.
Those caves may house snakes.
I must find some place where I can house my books.
The library houses thousands of volumes.
Many married couples are waiting to be housed.
The athletes were housed two to a room.
- bring the house down
赢得观众的掌声 make an audience laugh or applaud loudly
The soloist brought the house down with encore for his impressive voice. 这位独唱家以他那感人的歌声博得全场喝彩。
The President made a fine speech which brought down the house. 这位总统作了一次不错的演讲,赢得了观众的掌声。
- 赢得观众的掌声 make an audience laugh or applaud loudly
- keep house
管理家务 manage the affairs of a household
It was quite a new experience for Mary to keep house. 料理家务对玛丽来说是一种崭新的体验。
My aunt will keep house for me during my illness. 在我生病期间,姑妈代我管家。
- 管理家务 manage the affairs of a household
- on the house
由店家〔公司〕负担费用,免费 paid for by the pub., firm, etc.; free
He used his car for business purposes, and many of the minor repairs were done on the house. 他用他的小汽车办公事,许多小修理就由公司付钱了。
After four drinks, the bar gives you one on the house. 喝过4杯饮料以后,店家会奉送你一杯。
- 由店家〔公司〕负担费用,免费 paid for by the pub., firm, etc.; free
- round the houses
到处找人或打听消息 from one person or place to another (especially when trying to get information)
He was sent round the houses when he tried to find out about her insurance claim. 当他设法了解关于她保险的索赔情况时,他被派去到处打听消息。
- 到处找人或打听消息 from one person or place to another (especially when trying to get information)
- house in( v.+prep. )
把(某物)放在…; 让(某人)居住在… put sth in or on sth; make sb live in some place house sb/sth in sth
After work they housed farm tools in a shed.下班后,他们把农具存放在一间小屋里。
The mill houses its entire staff in apartment buildings.工厂让全体职工住在公寓大楼里。用于 be ～ed 结构
All the books were housed in the library.所有的书都收藏在这个图书馆里。
The library is housed in a fine building.图书馆设在一座漂亮的大楼里。
Each fountain pen is housed in an elegant casing.每支自来水笔装在一只精美的盒子里。
The vintage car was housed in a garage.那辆老式的汽车停放在车房里。
The radar transreceiver is housed in a room adjacent to the display consoles.雷达发射接收机安置在显示器控制台附近的一间屋内。
- 把(某物)放在…; 让(某人)居住在… put sth in or on sth; make sb live in some place house sb/sth in sth
- house up( v.+adv. )
呆在屋里 make sb stay at house house sb ⇔ up 用于 be ～ed 结构
I have been housed up for a week with a bad cold.我因为重感冒在屋里呆了一周。
- 呆在屋里 make sb stay at house house sb ⇔ up 用于 be ～ed 结构
- break into a house 破门而入
- build a house 建房
- burn down a house 烧毁房子
- buy a house 买房子
- change house 换房
- clean a house 打扫房屋
- destroy a house 毁坏房子
- do up a house 修缮房子
- enter a house 进入房子
- have a house of one's own 自己有房子
- improve a house 改善住房
- keep the house 居家,不外出
- let a house to sb 向某人出租房子
- look about for a house 到处找房子
- manage the house 当家
- move house 搬家
- paint a house 给房子刷漆
- pull down a house 拆房子
- put one's house in order 收拾屋子,进行内部整理
- put up a house 造房
- sell a house 卖房子
- set one's house in order 把房子收拾好
- stay at sb's house 住在某人家中
- take a house for the summer 租一栋房歇夏
- tear down a house 拆毁房子
- bring down a house 博得满场喝彩
- carry the house 博得全场喝彩
- keep a good house 待客周到
- keep an open house 好客
- dark house 阴暗的房子
- empty house 空屋
- magnificent house 富丽堂皇的房子
- modern house 现代化的房子
- nice house 漂亮的房子
- open house 好客之家,对外开放日
- poor house 贫民院,养育院
- popular house 普通的房子
- safe house 安全藏身处
- tall house 高大的房子
- ugly house 难看的房子
- wooden house 木头房子
- free house 出售各酒厂产品的酒店
- full house (剧院、餐馆等)客满
- narrow house 坟墓,墓
- public house 客栈,酒吧
- the lower house 下议院
- the upper house 上议院
- brick house 砖房
- chicken house 养鸡场,鸡舍
- country house 乡间别墅
- glass house 暖房,玻璃房子
- stone house 石头房子
- store house 仓库
- summer house 避暑别墅
- town house 市内住所
- banking house 银行
- business house 商店
- opera house 歌剧院
- publishing house 出版社
- station house 警察分局
- treasure house 宝库
- treasure house of folk art 民间艺术的宝库
- house one friend 为一个朋友提供住房
- house the poor 给穷人提供住处
- house the refugee 为难民提供住房
- house the cows 圈牛
- house the horses 圈马
- house books 收藏书
- house documents 收藏文件
- house pictures 收藏画
- house watches 收藏手表
- house abundantly 住房宽敞
- house aristocratically 居住华丽
- house austerely 简朴地居住
- house disreputably 杂乱地居住
- house economically 便宜地居住
- house faithfully 适用地居住
- house hospitably 招待周到地提供住房
- house luxuriously 居住华丽
- house practically 实惠地提供住房
- house safely 安全地居住
- house warmly 热心地提供住处
- house together 住在一起
- house up 呆在家里
The rich people who lived in the stone and plaster houses of the town.出自：J. Steinbeck
He..housed us without a moment's fuss.出自：A. J. P. Taylor
- house作“观众”解时是集合名词,其前可加不定冠词a,用作主语时,其谓语动词多用单数形式。house作“全家人”解时,一般用单数形式,其前多有the whole修饰; 用作主语时,谓语动词多用单数形式。
- house偶尔也可用作不及物动词,此时常与together搭配,表示“住在一起”。例如:You and I as well house together.我和你也可以住在一起。We have to house together, because there is no other room.我们不得不住在一起,因为再没有别的屋子了。
- house, dwelling, family, home, residence
这五个词都有“家,家庭,家宅”的意思。其区别在于:home指某人出生以及成长的环境或与某人一起居住的地方; dwelling为文学用语,用以同商店、办公室及其他建筑物相区别的住宅; family指的是家庭成员,与居住地无关; house强调人们居住的建筑物本身; residence常指周围大片土地的宅邸,也可指普通的房屋,尤其是自己的住宅。例如:There's nothing like home.哪儿也没有家里好。Their clothes were in rags and their dwellings were small and poorly furnished.他们衣衫褴褛,住房狭小,家具简陋。Because our family is happy and healthy we reckon ourselves fortunate.因为我们一家人幸福健康,我们认为我们是幸运的。She offered to help Rose in house keeping when I was not here.我不在时,她主动帮助露丝料理家务。Buy a house, build a home.买一所房子,安一个家。The President's residence is the White House in Washington,D.C.总统的官邸是华盛顿特区的白宫。
- keep house 料理家务
- keep one's house (在某地)居住
- keep the house 呆在家里
- keep open house 好客
- keep the house open 没有闩门
- House Full (戏院等的告示)客满
- full houses 场场爆满
- house, board, harbour, lodge, room, shelter
这组词用作动词时,都有“寄住”的意思。其区别是：1.room指“给…提供一个房间住”,仅供睡觉,不包括餐饮与娱乐。2.house指“遮蔽以免受气候等侵袭”(提供有顶盖、有墙、像房屋般的遮蔽)。例如:Many villagers volunteered to house the flood victims.许多村民自愿为水灾难民提供住处。3.board主要指“提供膳宿; 包食宿”,而且通常指收费的。例如:My aunt boards holidaymakers during the summer.夏天我的姨母收费给度假的人提供膳宿。She arranged to board some Chinese students from the university.她安排了这所大学的一些中国学生在她家食宿。Mrs. Jones makes a living by boarding students.琼斯太太靠给学生们提供食宿为生。4.shelter指“庇护,遮蔽”,暗示提供庇护场所,使人免受风雨、轰炸等伤害。例如:Many southerners sheltered runaway slaves during the Civil War.南北战争之时,许多南方人保护过逃跑的奴隶。You can't shelter your brother from blame in the accident.在这次事故中,你无法庇护你的弟弟免受责备。5.lodge指“给某人提供一个地方暂住”。例如:They lodged the wanderers for the night.他们为流浪汉提供住宿。The motel lodges thirty people a night.汽车旅馆一夜可为30个人提供住宿。6.harbour指“为…提供安身场所”,主要指通过不法的手段来“窝藏”,是一种违反法律的行为,常用作贬义词。例如:Harbouring criminals is an offence in law.窝藏罪犯是违法的。
误 He arrived his house a little before five.
正 He arrived home a little before five.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的uhs，意为住处，避难所，房子。
- house:简介 HOUSE是於八十年代沿自 DISCO发展出来的跳舞音乐。 这是芝加哥的DJ玩出的音乐,他们将德国电子乐团Kraftwerk的一张唱片和电子鼓(Drum Machine)规律的节奏 及黑人蓝调…