- 用条纹装饰， 加彩条
- [C](尤指演奏流行音乐的)乐队；乐团 a small group of musicians who play popular music together, often with a singer or singers
- [C]一伙，一群，一帮，一队 a group of people formed for some common purpose and often with a leader
- [C]带；箍 a thin flat strip or circle of any material that is put around things, for example to hold them together or to strengthen them
- [C]条纹；条饰 a strip of colour or material on sth that is different from what is around it
- [C](衣服的)嵌条；镶边；带状部分 a flat narrow often endless piece of material forming part of an article of clothing
- [C](价值，数量，价格等的)范围 a range of numbers, ages, prices, etc. within which people or things are counted or measured
- vt. 用带绑扎 tie with a band
- vi. 结合起来,伙同 unite in a group
- an unofficial association of people or groups;
"the smart set goes there"
"they were an angry lot"
- instrumentalists not including string players
- a stripe or stripes of contrasting color;
"chromosomes exhibit characteristic bands"
"the black and yellow banding of bees and wasps"
- an adornment consisting of a strip of a contrasting color or material
- a group of musicians playing popular music for dancing
- a range of frequencies between two limits
- a thin flat strip of flexible material that is worn around the body or one of the limbs (especially to decorate the body)
- a cord-like tissue connecting two larger parts of an anatomical structure
- jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger;
"she had rings on every finger"
"he noted that she wore a wedding band"
- a driving belt in machinery
- a thin flat strip or loop of flexible material that goes around or over something else, typically to hold it together or as a decoration
- a strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)
- a restraint put around something to hold it together
- bind or tie together, as with a band
- attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify;
"band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
- The band played a lively tune.
- The brass band is banging away in the park.
- They are a teenager band made up of four cool boys.
- A band of robbers held up the train.
- She used a rubber band to tie her hair.
- In the band of his hat his half-ticket was stuck.
- She snapped a rubber band deftly around a roll of bills.
- This band combination provides the best delineation between vegetation types.
- If you band the bird's leg, you can identify it later.
- The children banded together to buy a present for their teacher.
- We band ourselves closely against the invaders.
The band played marches.
The band played our national anthem.
The band played all our favorite songs.
The band struck up the strains of a welcome march.
The band is marching forward.
There was a great musical band at the party.
A band of light rain and showers extended from the Canadian border to Central Texas.
A velvet band held back her long hair.
There is an orange band along the snake's back.
I could hear a jazz band playing .
She will hire a band for the party.
We heard the band playing light music last night.
Are you going to see the band at the Corn Exchange tonight?
The white plate has a gold band.
A worker put metal bands around a box.
All babies in the hospital have name bands on their wrists.
I want some rubber bands.
She wore a band round her hair.
The large wooden box had iron bands round it.
The Beatles are probably the most famous band in the world.
The cards were held together by a rubber band.
He played the cornet in the school band.
Radio signals are transmitted in different bands.
She plays the trumpet in the high school band.
The looters were roaming the streets in bands.
The prices of the colour TV sets will be in the 500 to 800 band.
The scheme is devised for young people in 15 to 20 age band.
If I get this job, I'll be moving into a higher tax band.
We danced to the music of the band all night.
It's one of the dwindling band of independent car-makers.
She's a singer with a band.
She tied her hair back with a rubber band.
The oak box was strengthened with bands of iron.
The tea-pot was brown with yellow bands.
It was a treasure chest with thin bands of black metal round it.
This disease seems only to occur within a very narrow age band.
The male bird has a brown band across its chest.
The trees threw bands of shadow across the sidewalk.
The metal bands around the box broke.
He wants a new band for his hat.
He persuaded a small band of volunteers to help.
Bands of armed men came to the town.
A narrow band of grass separated the greenhouse from the vegetable garden.
There is a band of cloud across the sky.
The band of our school is newly organized.
There were bands of white round the black box.
The former president still has a small band of supporters.
We can expect another band of showers in the afternoon.
The little white boat had a band of a red paint all around it.
It's possible to see bands of several colours in a rainbow.
She wore a band of ribbon in her hair.
She wore a simple band of gold on her finger.
They were robbed by a band of bandits.
They banded the walls in light and dark grey stone.
The birds are banded so we can track their movements.
Many insects are banded black and yellow.
- band against (v. + prep.)
联合反对 unite to oppose sb/sth band against sb
We must band against the common enemy.我们必须联合反对我们的共同敌人。band oneself against sb
They banded themselves closely against the invaders.他们紧密团结,抵抗入侵者。
- 联合反对 unite to oppose sb/sth band against sb
- band into (v. + prep.)
结成…团体 unite into a group band into sth
The states banded into a union.这些国家结为联盟。band sb into sth
They banded themselves into an association.他们联合起来,成立一个协会。
- 结成…团体 unite into a group band into sth
- band together (v. + adv.)
联合起来 join together in a band or group band together
Some families have banded together.一些家庭已经联合了起来。
His enemies were banding together, and combining their efforts.他的敌人正狼狈为奸，拼凑力量。
They banded together closely by ties of common interests.他们为了共同的利益而联合在一起。band together against/for sb/sth
The students banded together against the robbers.学生们联合抗拒强盗。
The liberals banded together against the new legislation.自由党人联合一致反对新的立法。
The troops banded together for the attack.部队联合进攻。
The cattle banded together for protection from the wind.牲畜聚在一起抵御狂风。band together to-v
We must band together to fight the common enemy.我们必须联合起来,与我们的共同敌人作斗争。
The children band together to buy a present for their teacher.孩子们合起来为他们的老师买了件礼物。
They banded together to protest.他们联合抗议。
Everywhere, small groups of women banded together to talk about liberation.到处都有小群的妇女聚集在一起谈论解放。
Local people banded together to fight the drug dealers.当地人齐心协力打击毒品贩子。
The two parties banked together to form an alliance.两党团结起来结成联盟。
The workers banded together to stop the sale of the company.工人们团结一致阻止将公司出售。
- 联合起来 join together in a band or group band together
- band with (v. + prep.)
用…绑扎 tie sth with sth band sth with sth
The boy banded the dog's neck with a yellow string.男孩把一条黄绳绑在狗脖子上。
She banded the birthday gift with a silk strip.她用一根丝带扎好了生日礼物。
She banded her hat with a silk strip.她用丝带结帽。用于 be ～ed 结构
The white plate is banded with a blue line round the edge.白盘子加了一圈蓝边。
与某人联合 unite with sb band with sb
They banded with people to form a political party.他们联合人民组成一个政党。
- 用…绑扎 tie sth with sth band sth with sth
- amateur band 业余乐队
- big band 庞大的乐队
- broad band 宽波段
- chromatographic band 色谱带
- elastic band 松紧带
- marching band 行进乐队
- predatory band 强盗
- regimental band 团军乐队
- roving band 游民；一群流浪汉
- vibrational band 振动谱带
- wandering band 游牧的部落
- yellow band (不准停车的)黄带标志形
- brake band 刹车圈
- brass band 铜管乐队
- brass dance band 铜管伴舞乐团
- citizens band 民用波段
- concert band 演奏会乐队
- conveyer band 输送带
- dance band 舞曲伴奏乐队
- frequency band 频带
- guerilla band 游击小分队
- hat band 帽箍
- iron band 铁箍
- jazz band 爵士乐队
- marauder band 流窜作案的强盗帮
- marine band 海军乐队
- military band 军乐队
- neck band 领口带
- pilgrim band 一队朝圣者
- rain band 雨带
- red arm band 红袖章
- rock band 摇滚乐队
- rubber band 橡皮圈
- sand band 沙带
- school band 学校乐队
- short wave band 短波波段
- silver band 吹奏乐队
- steel band 钢箍
- string band 弦乐队
- terrorist band 一帮恐怖分子
- velocity band 速度范围
- waist band 腰带，裤带
- wave band 波段
- wedding band 结婚戒指
- wheel band 轮箍
- wrist band 袖口带
- a band of 一群
- a band of criminals 一帮罪犯
- a band of marauders 一群掳掠者
- a band of outlaws 一伙亡命之徒
- a band of rebels 一伙叛匪
- a band of robbers 一伙盗贼
- a band of robbers 一伙土匪
- a band of wild dogs 一群野狗
- a picked band of artisans 一组精选出来的工匠
- bands of Tartars 鞑靼部落
- one's band of men 手下的一帮人
The rather ponderous wedding ring..had just below it a narrow, worn, gold band.出自：H. Allen
The 'black bands' who still Ravage the frontier.出自：Byron
Mr. Mybug and Rennet joined the band of watchers.出自：S. Gibbons
The enemy in the south consisted of little more than a band of guerrillas.出自：F. Fitzgerald
What multitudes Were banded to oppose his high Decree.出自：Milton
We have banded together in brotherhood so as to do something about it.出自：R. Ellison
People banding themselves together in order to work for a better world.出自：I. Colegate
- band是个多义词，其意思大致可分为三组：一是“群，伙，帮，队”，主要指为了一个共同的目标而以特殊方式聚集在一起的一小群人， 如一小批志愿者或一帮歹徒；流行音乐乐队、伴舞乐队、管乐队、鼓号队、爵士乐队等，也可指兽群、畜鸟群等；二是“带，带状物， 条纹， 条饰”，如系物的带、箍、条，衣服上的嵌条、镶边，牧师服和晚礼服胸前的两条饰带及领圈， 机械中的传送带、传动带，计算机术语中指磁鼓或磁盘上的一组磁道， 物理学术语中指频带、波段、光带、(光)谱带等；三是“段”，即在数量、程度、质量、年龄、价格等方面相近或相关的范围、段等。
- band作“乐队 ”“人群，团伙”解时是集合名词，用作主语时如着眼于整个的“队，群”,谓语动词用单数形式；如着眼于队、群中的成员，则谓语动词用复数形式。bands 则指多个乐队或多个团伙。
- band作“用带绑扎”解时是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语; 作“结合起来,伙同”解时,是不及物动词,常与against, into, together连用。
- band, belt, ribbon, strap, stripe
- band, circle, crowd, gang, group, herd, host, mass, mob, multitude, set
这组词的共同意思 是“一伙人”。其区别在于：1.从组成上说：band常指有共同目的的、有领导者的一群人。 circle指因志同道合而形成的圈子或结成的团体，聚会频繁，文明高雅。crowd指毫无秩序地挤在一起的人群， 含有混乱、拥挤的意味。gang指为一个目标而聚在一起的一伙人， 常指在一起干坏事的人。group既可指有组织、有秩序的一群人， 也可指为一定目的临时聚在一起的一伙人；可指志趣相投的人，也可指社会团体；关系可密切，也可以是泛泛之交。herd 指有盲目追随心理的一群人。host指散落开来的一群人，也指军队或备有武装的人。mass指群众， 民众。mob指乌合之众或心怀不满而聚在一起寻衅滋事的一群人。multitude常指人数庞大的人群。set指有共同社会地位或相同目的的社会团体，也可泛指广泛的人群， 有时可指势力集团。2.从用法上说：mass常用于复数形式；set常用于单数形式。3.从修辞色彩上说：band, gang, herd, mob多含贬义；set指势力集团时也含有贬义。4.从语体上说：host, set是口语用词；multitude是正式用词或较陈旧用词。
- ☆ 直接源自古北语欧的band，意为用来捆绑用的细带子。
- band:Band（波段、频带） 指一段频率范围。例如Middle Band，就是中频波段的意思。…