- n. 小片；补丁；眼罩；（贴在伤口的）膏药；【生态】斑块
- vt. 修补；补缀；解决；掩饰
- [C]补丁,补片 a piece of material placed over a hole or a damaged or worn place to cover or strengthen it
- [C]眼罩 pad worn over an injured eye to protect it
- [C]斑,块 part of a surface that is different in color
- [C]小块,小片 small area of sth
- [C]小块土地 small piece of land
- [C]地区,地段 area in which sb works
- vt. 补 mend a garment by covering a hole or worn place with a patch
- vt. 修理 repair sth especially quickly or temporarily
- vt. 调停，解决 settle or resolve (a quarrel, dispute, etc.)
a small contrasting part of something;
"a bald spot"
"a leopard's spots"
"a patch of clouds"
"patches of thin ice"
"a fleck of red"
a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation;
"a bean plot"
"a cabbage patch"
"a briar patch"
a piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole
a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition;
"he was here for a little while"
"I need to rest for a piece"
"a spell of good weather"
"a patch of bad weather"
a short set of commands to correct a bug in a computer program
a connection intended to be used for a limited time
sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment);
"her stockings had several mends"
a protective cloth covering for an injured eye
a piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body
to join or unite the pieces of;
"patch the skirt"
provide with a patch; also used metaphorically;
"The field was patched with snow"
mend by putting a patch on;
"patch a hole"
repair by adding pieces;
"She pieced the china cup"
- The ground is wet in patches.
- He reset a patch of land with tomato plants.
- She sewed a patch onto the knee of the trousers.
- He would indeed seek to patch things up.
- Can you patch up this electric iron?
- Do you know how to patch an inner tube?
- He patched up a couple of old tires.
- He had a patch on the elbow of his jacket.
- His patch is blue.
- The dog's coat is white with black patches.
- We have a potato patch.
- He knows every house in his patch.
- Give me some cloth to patch your trousers.
- The workman patched the ceiling.
- We managed to patch our quarrel.
- patch up (v.+adv.)
调停；讲和try to stop quarrelling with sb and be friends again
patch sth ⇔ up
Just to patch the car up will cost 400 dollars.
汽车简单地修一下就得花400美元。patch sb/sth ⇔ up
The doctor will soon patch you up.
大夫很快就会给你处理包扎好的。patch sth ⇔ up
They have managed to patch up their differences.
- patch pocket 贴袋
- patch up 修补
- eye patch 眼罩
- patch test 〈医〉斑片试验...
- not a patch on 远不如
- purple patch 词藻华丽的段落...
- hot patch 热补
- patch work 拼凑的东西
- Oil Patch 油田
- patch weld 补孔焊缝,补焊...
- bug patch 错误标记码,勘误号,...
- patch panel 接插板
- patch bolt 打补钉用螺栓,补件螺...
- slag patch 夹渣,渣块
- patch reef 补丁礁,礁斑...
- blind patch 堵孔板
- shoulder patch 臂章
- smoking patch 烟斑
- patch board 接线板,配电盘...
- dense patch 密斑
A paper patch was slapped over the bullet hole.出自： R. Kipling
He wore..a brown tweed jacket with patches all over it.出自： R. Dahl
He repaired his socks and patched his old shirts.出自： B. Malamud
Two pairs of windows with cardboard patching broken panes.出自： N. Gordimer
- patch, amend, fix, mend, repair
- We have repaired the motor.我们已经修好了电动机。
- Xiao Wang is repairing desks and chairs in the classroom.小王正在教室里修理桌椅。
- The puncture has been repaired.那个洞被补上了。
- The house must be repaired from top to bottom.这所房子必须彻底进行修理。
- Let me mend the socks for you.让我来给你补袜子。
- The child will soon mend if she has enough to eat.这孩子如果有足够的东西吃就会很快恢复健康。
- The relations between John and David are mending.约翰与戴维的关系在改善。
- It is never too late to mend.改过不嫌晚。
- It is not too late to mend the fold even after some of the sheep have been lost.亡羊补牢,犹未为晚。
- You must amend your pronunciation.你必须改正你的发音。
- The thief has amended.这小偷改过自新了。
- It's time you amended your ways.是你改过自新的时候了。
- The regulations are amended.这些规则被修正了。
- The workman patched the ceiling.工人修补了天花板。
- This piece of material is just right to patch the roof.这块材料正好可用来补屋顶。
- He patched all the fences near the house.他把靠近房子的围墙全都修了。
- ☆ 1540年左右进入英语，直接源自意大利语的pazzo，意为愚蠢。
- mend 修理
- repair 修理
- fix 使 ... 固定
- patch up 修补
- spot 地点
- service 服务
- cover 封面
- strengthen 加强
- reinforce 加固
- reinforcement 增强
- covering 覆盖物
- square 正方形
- area 面积
- blotch (皮肤上的)红斑点...
- badge 象征
- award 奖品
- stripe 条纹
- mottle 使成杂色
- plan 计划
- heel 脚后跟
- piece 件
- eyepatch 眼罩
- spell 拼写
- fleck 斑点
- speckle 小斑点
- dapple 斑纹
- plot of land 地块,基址
- bandage 绷带
- darn 织补
- while 当 ... 的时候...
- maculation 斑点
- plot 情节