- [C]补丁,补片 a piece of material placed over a hole or a damaged or worn place to cover or strengthen it
- [C]眼罩 pad worn over an injured eye to protect it
- [C]斑,块 part of a surface that is different in color
- [C]小块,小片 small area of sth
- [C]小块土地 small piece of land
- [C]地区,地段 area in which sb works
- vt. 补 mend a garment by covering a hole or worn place with a patch
- vt. 修理 repair sth especially quickly or temporarily
- vt. 调停，解决 settle or resolve (a quarrel, dispute, etc.)
- a small contrasting part of something;
"a bald spot"
"a leopard's spots"
"a patch of clouds"
"patches of thin ice"
"a fleck of red"
- a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation;
"a bean plot"
"a cabbage patch"
"a briar patch"
- a piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole
- a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition;
"he was here for a little while"
"I need to rest for a piece"
"a spell of good weather"
"a patch of bad weather"
- a short set of commands to correct a bug in a computer program
- a connection intended to be used for a limited time
- sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment);
"her stockings had several mends"
- a protective cloth covering for an injured eye
- a piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body
- to join or unite the pieces of;
"patch the skirt"
- provide with a patch; also used metaphorically;
"The field was patched with snow"
- mend by putting a patch on;
"patch a hole"
- repair by adding pieces;
"She pieced the china cup"
- The ground is wet in patches.
- He reset a patch of land with tomato plants.
- She sewed a patch onto the knee of the trousers.
- He would indeed seek to patch things up.
- Can you patch up this electric iron?
- He patched up a couple of old tires.
He had a patch on the elbow of his jacket.
His patch is blue.
The dog's coat is white with black patches.
We have a potato patch.
He knows every house in his patch.
Give me some cloth to patch your trousers.
The workman patched the ceiling.
We managed to patch our quarrel.
- patch up (v.+adv.)
(临时)修补 repair sth especially in a temporary way by adding a new piece of material or patch patch sth ⇔ up
Just to patch the car up will cost 400 dollars.汽车简单地修一下就得花400美元。
临时处理(伤口)treat sb's injuries, especially quickly or temporarily patch sb/sth ⇔ up
The doctor will soon patch you up.大夫很快就会给你处理包扎好的。
调停；讲和try to stop quarrelling with sb and be friends again patch sth ⇔ up
They have managed to patch up their differences.他们终于弥合了分歧。
- (临时)修补 repair sth especially in a temporary way by adding a new piece of material or patch patch sth ⇔ up
- patch pocket贴袋
- patch up修补
- eye patch眼罩
- patch test〈医〉斑片试验...
- not a patch on远不如
- purple patch词藻华丽的段落...
- hot patch热补
- patch work拼凑的东西
- Oil Patch油田
- patch weld补孔焊缝,补焊...
- bug patch错误标记码,勘误号,...
- patch panel接插板
- patch bolt打补钉用螺栓,补件螺...
- slag patch夹渣,渣块
- patch reef补丁礁,礁斑...
- blind patch堵孔板
- shoulder patch臂章
- patch board接线板,配电盘...
- dense patch密斑
A paper patch was slapped over the bullet hole.出自：R. Kipling
He wore..a brown tweed jacket with patches all over it.出自：R. Dahl
He repaired his socks and patched his old shirts.出自：B. Malamud
Two pairs of windows with cardboard patching broken panes.出自：N. Gordimer
- patch, amend, fix, mend, repair
这五个词都可表示“修理”“修补”。其区别是：1.fix是口语用词。2.repair是一般用词,凡是损坏、损伤、故障,尤其是收音机、手表、汽车、炉子等这类的机械装置需要“修理”“维修”时用repair。例如:We have repaired the motor.我们已经修好了电动机。Xiao Wang is repairing desks and chairs in the classroom.小王正在教室里修理桌椅。The puncture has been repaired.那个洞被补上了。The house must be repaired from top to bottom.这所房子必须彻底进行修理。3.mend多指修补磨损、穿破、撕毁的简单日常用品,也可用于比喻,指改进行为、修改法律、治愈感情创伤等。例如:Let me mend the socks for you.让我来给你补袜子。The child will soon mend if she has enough to eat.这孩子如果有足够的东西吃就会很快恢复健康。The relations between John and David are mending.约翰与戴维的关系在改善。It is never too late to mend.改过不嫌晚。It is not too late to mend the fold even after some of the sheep have been lost.亡羊补牢,犹未为晚。4.amend是正式用语,含有改造人或法规的缺陷与不足之意。例如:You must amend your pronunciation.你必须改正你的发音。The thief has amended.这小偷改过自新了。It's time you amended your ways.是你改过自新的时候了。The regulations are amended.这些规则被修正了。5.patch指用一块材料把有洞的地方、有裂痕的地方、被穿破的地方贴起来。例如:The workman patched the ceiling.工人修补了天花板。This piece of material is just right to patch the roof.这块材料正好可用来补屋顶。He patched all the fences near the house.他把靠近房子的围墙全都修了。
- ☆ 1540年左右英入进语，直接源自意大利语的pazzo，意为愚蠢。
- fix使 ... 固定
- patch up修补
- plot of land地块,基址
- while当 ... 的时候...
- patch:patch n. 片, 补缀, 碎片, 斑纹, 斑点, 小块地, 眼罩, 傻瓜 vt. 修补, 补缀, 掩饰, 平息英英解释:名词patch:1. a small contrasting part ...…