- prep.沿着 ... 而下
- 沿着...往下， 顺（流）而下
- 倒霉，潦倒 ，落魄，失意
- 向下,在下面 from above towards a lower place or position; in a low or lower than usual place or level
- 由大到小,由强到弱 into a smaller, lower, thinner, weaker, etc., state
- 往南 in or towards the south
- 处于低等地位,处于潦倒状态 in or towards a lower or worse condition
- (表示位置)在…的下方; 在…的下端 in a lower place in; downwards by way of
- (表示时间)自…以来; 持续一段时间 from an earlier to a late point in time
- (表示方向)沿着…向下; 沿着,顺着; 向…那一端; 朝〔在〕…的下游地区; 朝〔在〕…的南方; 到,去; 从页首开始,向…的底部看 in a lower place, downwards by way of; along; to or at the far end of; in the direction of the current of; for places south of the speaker; to; of a written or printed document—in a direction from the top to the bottom of the page
- [A]向下的,下行的 directed or going down
- [P]沮丧的,情绪低落的 sad; in low spirits
- [P](以…)落后于对手的 behind an opponent (by)
- [P]完成了的,已处理的 finished; already dealt with
- soft fine feathers
- (American football) a complete play to advance the football;
"you have four downs to gain ten yards"
- English physician who first described Down's syndrome (1828-1896)
- (usually plural) a rolling treeless highland with little soil
- fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs)
- being or moving lower in position or less in some value;
"lay face down"
"the moon is down"
"our team is down by a run"
"down by a pawn"
"the stock market is down today"
- extending or moving from a higher to a lower place;
"the down staircase"
"the downward course of the stream"
- becoming progressively lower;
"the down trend in the real estate market"
- being put out by a strikeout;
"two down in the bottom of the ninth"
- understood perfectly;
"had his algebra problems down"
- lower than previously;
"the market is depressed"
"prices are down"
"the shades were down"
- not functioning (temporarily or permanently);
"we can't work because the computer is down"
- filled with melancholy and despondency ;
"gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"
"a gloomy silence"
"took a grim view of the economy"
"the darkening mood"
"lonely and blue in a strange city"
"depressed by the loss of his job"
"a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"
"downcast after his defeat"
"feeling discouraged and downhearted"
- spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position;
"don't fall down"
"rode the lift up and skied down"
"prices plunged downward"
- away from a more central or a more northerly place;
"was sent down to work at the regional office"
"worked down on the farm"
"came down for the wedding"
"flew down to Florida"
- paid in cash at time of purchase;
"put ten dollars down on the necklace"
- from an earlier time;
"the story was passed down from father to son"
- to a lower intensity;
"he slowly phased down the light until the stage was completely black"
- in an inactive or inoperative state;
"the factory went down during the strike"
"the computer went down again"
- drink down entirely;
"He downed three martinis before dinner"
"She killed a bottle of brandy that night"
"They popped a few beer after work"
- eat immoderately;
"Some people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal"
- bring down or defeat (an opponent)
- shoot at and force to come down;
"the enemy landed several of our aircraft"
- cause to come or go down;
"The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect"
"The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet"
- improve or perfect by pruning or polishing;
"refine one's style of writing"
- Please sit down.
- He is walking down the seaside.
- I've been feeling down since I lost my job.
- She's terribly down on people who don't do things her way.
- A quilt stuffed with the down of the eider duck.
- Antiaircraft guns downed three bombers.
- He downed his opponent with a quick right to the jaw.
- The Dodgers downed the Mets in last night's game.
- Some people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal.
- I don't think her regret will down.
The man bent down to kiss the child.
It's very early, and no one is down yet.
Don't let the fire burn down.
I wish you would turn the radio down a bit.
The military government had kept the people down for many years.
That family has certainly come down in the world.
Once a very rich man, he is now down and out and must depend upon his friends for help.
Don't be down on him.
Wheat is down over 10 percent.
He is down with a cold.
Their house is down the hill.
His office is down the stair.
He looked down the barrel of the gun.
The story came down the ages.
He looked back down the last year.
The tears trickled down her cheeks.
I saw him walking down the street.
They hired a boat and went for a row down the river.
The movement spread down the Rhine.
I am just going down the shops.
He always looks down the column of the TV program in the newspaper before he starts reading the news.
Cast a down look!
He walked to the elevator and pushed the down button.
We felt very down after the party was over .
I feel down today.
He was down by 15:40 in the third game.
The student reported to his parents on his exams:five down and two to go.
He felt down about his failure.
He was so down that he didn't want to live any longer.
- belt down 在…上迅速移动
- cast down 把…投向…
- draw down 沿着…向下拉
- drive down 沿着…向下开
- flow down 沿着…向下流
- get down 沿…往下走
- go down 沿…下来
- jump down 顺…向下跳
- look down 沿…向下看
- pass down 沿着…走下
- ram down 把某物沿…塞下
- roll down 沿…向下滚
- slide down 沿…(表面)下滑
- throw down 沿…向下抛
- walk down 沿…走
- force down sb's throat 强行灌输
Little, lost, Down churches praise The Lord who made the hills.出自：R. Kipling
Baby pigeons covered with yellow down.出自：L. MacNeice
The index spent most of the morning on the down.出自：Times
He talked of one whom he did not know, but I downed him with the King of Prussia.出自：S. Johnson
His horse..had downed him three times.出自：R. S. Surtees
The American fighters reported downing 110 of the Nazi interceptors.出自：Sun (Baltimore)
London Lords downed Kitchener Oaks 31s14 yesterday.出自：Globe Mail (Toronto)
Downed trees with their roots..sticking high in the air.出自：New Yorker
The bamboo blinds were pulled down.出自：O. Manning
She looked down at her plate.出自：C. P. Snow
I go up and down like a seesaw.出自：M. Roberts
For two-and-a-half hours, up hill, down dale, they had been rushing through cold scenery.出自：E. Bowen
I came down the steps.出自：M. Amis
- down:定义主要是形容角色状况的形容词，意思是角色受到攻击并倒地，一般情况下都是用作连接其它词语使用的。 举例例如“DOWN回避”“DOWN攻击”等等。…