- n.（复）respects: 敬意；问候
- vt. 尊重,敬佩 feel respect for (especially a person or their qualities)
- [U]尊敬,尊重 the feeling that one admires sb/sth very much and that they or it should be treated well and honourably
- [U]考虑,关心,顾虑 consideration or care
- [C]细节,方面 a detail, particular point
- [P]敬意,问候 polite greetings
- (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point;
"it differs in that respect"
- the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded);
"it is held in esteem"
"a man who has earned high regard"
- an attitude of admiration or esteem;
"she lost all respect for him"
- a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard;
"his deference to her wishes was very flattering"
"be sure to give my respects to the dean"
- behavior intended to please your parents;
"their children were never very strong on obedience"
"he went to law school out of respect for his father's wishes"
- a feeling of friendship and esteem;
"she mistook his manly regard for love"
"he inspires respect"
- courteous regard for people's feelings;
"in deference to your wishes"
"out of respect for his privacy"
- regard highly; think much of;
"I respect his judgement"
"We prize his creativity"
- show respect towards;
"honor your parents!"
- All students should respect their teachers.
- I respected their moral standards.
- I respect him as a writer and as a man.
- We must respect the laws of a country we are in.
- Respecting your salary, we shall come to a decision.
- The terms of the agreement respect the boundary line between the two countries.
- Final agreement on the seabed demarcation would be reached by all bordering states with respect to the legal rights and interests of each country.
- The students have great respect for their history teacher.
- They treated me with respect.
- Respect and friendship provide a solid foundation for marriage.
- It's going to raise a lot of problems with respect to atmosphere pollution.
- My argument is different from yours in one crucial respect.
- We called to pay our respects.
- Please give my respects to your parents.
The young should respect the old.
We must respect each other's territorial integrity.
We must respect other people's feelings.
I promise to respect your wishes.
I wish people would respect my privacy.
He always respected opinions from the masses.
We deeply respect him.
He was such a selfless man; everybody respected him.
All children should respect their parents.
Their contribution, whether large or small, was respected.
He's respected by everyone.
I respect him as my teacher.
They respected diplomatic immunity as valid.
He was highly respected as a judge and as a man.
Please allow me to express warm welcome to our respected friends.
He fought bravely in many battles and gained their respect.
His tearful family came to pay their last respects.
Please send them my respects when you write.
I have come to pay my respects to you.
They paid their last respects to the late chairman.
Give my respects to your father.
Pay more respect to his wishes.
With respect to our next step we must have a talk.
Children should show respect for their teachers.
We should show respect for the old.
He has much respect for other people's feeling.
If they had any respect for human life they wouldn't do such terrible things.
The new teacher soon won the respect of his students.
- respect for (v.+prep.)
因…钦佩,赞赏或尊重 admire; give (sb) honour because of (sth such as a quality or action) respect sb for sth
All respect him for his honesty.他为人诚实,大家都尊敬他。用于 be ～ed 结构
He was respected for his learning by several churchmen and other gentlemen.他的学识博得了一些牧师和其他绅士们的尊敬。
- 因…钦佩,赞赏或尊重 admire; give (sb) honour because of (sth such as a quality or action) respect sb for sth
- in respect(s) (of)
在…方面,就…而言 concerning; with regard to
The plan is faulty in every respect. 无论从哪个方面来看这项计划都有毛病。
Paris is in many respects the most interesting city in the world. 巴黎在许多方面都是世界上最有趣的都市。
This room is fine except in one respect — what can I sit on? 这房间很好,只是有一点——我坐在哪里呢?
In respect of strength, no country is superior to the Third World as a whole. 就实力而论,没有一个国家比得上整个第三世界。
His work is good in respect of quality but bad in respect of quantity. 他的工作质量很好,但数量很少。
作为…报酬 (in business letters) in payment for
He will be paid ￡100 in respect of the work he has done. 将付给他一百英镑,作为对他工作的报酬。
- 在…方面,就…而言 concerning; with regard to
- in〔with〕 respect to
In respect to your request, five dollars is being credited to your account. 应你的要求,将五美元记入你的账上。
With respect to your other proposals,I am not yet able to tell you our decision. 谈到你的其他建议,我现在还无法把我们的决定告诉你。
I can say nothing with respect to his competence as a workman, as I have no knowledge of it. 关于他作为工匠的能力我无话可说,因为我对此一无所知。
- 关于,(至于)谈到 concerning
- without respect to
不管,不顾 without considering; without regard to
Dolf did what he thought right without respect to the consequences. 道尔夫刚愎自用,一点也不考虑这样做的后果。
- 不管,不顾 without considering; without regard to
- respect affectionately 友好地尊重
- respect deeply 十分尊敬
- respect dutifully 恭敬地尊重
- respect fully 完全尊重
- respect genuinely 由衷地尊敬
- respect highly 十分尊敬
- respect markedly 明显地尊敬
- respect mutually 互相尊敬
- respect particularly 特别尊重
- respect sympathetically 同情地尊重
- respect unduly 过于尊重
- respect universally 普遍地尊重
- respect wholesomely 有益地尊重
- challenge respect 要求重视
- command respect 令人肃然起敬
- conquer respect 获得尊敬
- deserve respect 应受到尊敬
- develop respect 开始重视
- earn respect 赢得尊敬
- entertain respect 怀有敬意
- feel respect for 对…深感敬佩
- give respect 致意
- inspire respect 引起别人的尊敬
- lose the respect of 失去…的尊敬
- pay respect 致意
- present respect 问候
- show respect 表示尊敬
- win respect 赢得尊敬
- all respects 在各方面
- bareheaded respect 脱帽致敬
- boundless respect 深厚的敬意
- deep-seated respect 由来已久的敬意
- every respect 全部
- kindest respect 最亲切的问候
- last respect 告别
- little respect 不尊重
- mutual respect 互相尊重
- other respects 其他方面
- profound respect 十分谦恭地
- reverent respect 十分恭敬
- some respects 某些方面
- utmost respect 极其尊崇
Recovery (in respect of one human being) of that vision..common to all.出自：C. S. Lewis
Some..concede the force of this argument with respect to colour.出自：H. J. Eysenck
in respect of指“在……方面，涉及”，而with respect to指“关于”。
In respect of style this essay is much better than that.
With respect to the question of style this book has not much to say.
- in respect of和with respect to有时可通用，两者的用法现比in respect to和with respect普遍，但部分学者认为应尽量少用。
- respect作“敬意”“问候”解需要用复数形式,常与give, send或pay连用。
- respect作“方面,点; 细节”解时,一般用于短语in every〔many,some,no,one〕 respect(s)。
- respect后常接介词for, to或of,接for〔to〕 sb 表示尊敬的对象; 接for〔to〕 sth 则表示尊敬的原因; 接of sb 则表示“来自于谁”的尊敬。
- have respect for, have respect to
这两个短语的意思不同:前者表示“尊敬”“尊重”,可接指人或事物的词; 后者表示“注意”或“考虑”,多接指事物的词。例如:You should have more respect for her feelings.你必须多尊重她的感情。He had a great respect for those famous writers.他非常敬重那些著名作家。He had no respect to my request.他不顾我的请求。
- in respect of, in〔with〕 respect to
- Mr. Smith is senior to me in respect of service.
- We must have a talk in〔with〕 respect to their dispute.
- respect, adore, esteem, honour, regard
这几个词都有“尊敬,尊重”的意思。其区别在于:respect指对人的意见,行为,品德及才华等的尊重; esteem和regard比respect庄重,程度也更进一步,指十分尊重,并含有爱戴的意思; honour指公开表示尊重; adore在口语中还有非常喜欢的意思,作“敬爱,崇拜,爱慕”解。例如:He was such a selfless man; everybody respected him. 他是这样一个大公无私的人,人人都尊敬他。The old teacher was much loved and esteemed.这位老教师很受大家的爱戴。I have always regarded him highly.我一直很尊重他。He adores a famous scientist.他崇拜一位著名的科学家。Flowers are placed before his grave to honour his memory.人们在他墓前放上鲜花以表示对他的敬意。
- The students showed their respect to her.
- The students showed their respect for her.
- admire honour respect regard esteem
误 Customers have neither respect nor faith in a merchant who cheats.
正 Customers have neither respect for nor faith in a merchant who cheats.
析 表示“对…尊敬”时可以用have (a) respect for或show respect to,名词respect和faith后面都应该有介词。
误 Everyone can come to this school, without respect of sex or age.
误 Everyone can come to this school, without respect for sex or age.
正 Everyone can come to this school, without respect to sex or age.
析 without respect to是固定词组,表示“不考虑,不管”,其中介词to不能改用of或for。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的respectus(respicere过的去分词）：re (回头） + specere (注视），意为回头看某人。
- v.(动词) admire appreciate attend follow honour obey regard
- n.(名词) admiration appreciation aspect connection consideration
- RESPECT:Respect Equality Socialism Peace Environment Community Trade Unionism社会主义社会平等尊重和平的环境
- RESPECT:Responsibility, Etiquette, Sensitivity, Pace, Educate, Conditions and Tradition (Junior Golfer's Creed)责任、礼仪、灵敏度高、速度、教育、条件和传统(初级高尔夫球手的信条)
- RESPECT:Respect, Equality, Socialism, Peace, Environment, Community, Trade尊重、平等主义、和平、环境、社会、贸易于一体的企业
- respect:+所有生物都有的，与生具有 不要 在纷繁的社会 忘了…