- vt. 眺望; 纵览 take a general view of
- vt. 测量; 查勘 measure and map out
- vt. 检查; 鉴定 examine the condition of a building, etc.
- vt. 通盘考虑; 审度 examine the general condition of
- a detailed critical inspection
- short descriptive summary (of events)
- the act of looking or seeing or observing;
"he tried to get a better view of it"
"his survey of the battlefield was limited"
- consider in a comprehensive way;
"He appraised the situation carefully before acting"
- look over carefully or inspect;
"He surveyed his new classmates"
- keep under surveillance;
"The police had been following him for weeks but they could not prove his involvement in the bombing"
- hold a review (of troops)
- make a survey of; for statistical purposes
- plot a map of (land)
- A recent survey of public opinions shows that most people are worried about the increasing crime.
- The surveyor made a survey of the land.
- After much delay, the results of the survey were published.
- From the top of the hill you can have a survey of the whole city.
- Ali was his principal attendant during this nocturnal survey.
- They surveyed the damage inflicted by the storm.
- She surveyed me haughtily over the top of her glasses.
- For this book, the author has surveyed recent developments in linguistics.
- They have started to survey the country that the new motorway will pass through .
- The work of surveying and determining the frontier of all the cities and districts went on smoothly.
He concentrated on surveying the small island in the distance.
I surveyed the view from the top of the hill.
They sadly surveyed the scene before them.
They have started to survey the country that the new motorway will pass through.
They are surveying the land before it is divided into house lots.
The task assigned to us was to survey navigation channels.
Experts came to survey the burnt-out ruin.
You should survey the situation before doing that.
Survey the car before you buy it.
He surveyed the bookshelves.
The police are surveying evidence.
In this book, the author surveys recent developments in linguistics.
Let's survey the events leading up to the crime.
The Prime Minister surveyed the international situation.
In five of the villages that were surveyed, nonfarm work provided one quarter of their income.
- survey boundaries 勘定边界
- survey the cancer incidence 调查癌症的发病率
- survey the current world situation 纵览当前的世界形式
- survey the depth of the lake 测量湖深
- survey the equipment 检查设备
- survey the land 勘测土地
- survey the mineral resources 勘察矿产资源
- survey population growth 调查人口增长情况
- survey a railway line 勘测铁路线
- survey road 测量公路
- survey a school 视察学校
- survey sea-bed conditions 勘测海底状况
- survey curiously 不寻常地考察
- survey gloomily 忧闷地眺望
- survey impartially 公平地鉴定
- survey sadly 悲伤地环视
- survey tranquilly 平静地察看
- survey from 从…眺望
'You're looking better'..she gave him a kind survey.出自：M. Keane
Van Wiggen provides a survey of..changes in legislation between 1865 and 1940.出自：Social History of Medicine
The history teacher..surveys the outstretched view.出自：G. Swift
He surveyed the sparkling..plates, the salt-cellar, the cutlery.出自：B. Chatwin
Freud's address..carefully surveyed current..psychoanalytic technique.出自：E. Young
- survey还可用作名词,读作 ［'s ːveI］ , 意为“调查,测量”等。例如:The reporter is doing a survey of public attitudes.那位记者正在进行民意调查。They have made an aerial survey.他们做了一次航空测量。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进英入语，直接源自古法语的surveeir；最初源自中世纪拉丁语的supervidere，意为监督。
- surveyor n. 测量员,鉴定人
- survey:survey n. 测量, 调查, 俯瞰, 概观, 纵览, 视察vt. 调查(收入,民意等) 测量, 勘定, 审视, 视察, 俯瞰, 通盘考虑vi. 测量土地 英英解释:名词survey:1. a d…