- [C]眼睛 organ of sight
- [S]视力,眼力 power of seeing; observation
- [P]见解,观点 view or opinion
- [C]眼状物 thing like an eye
- the organ of sight
- good discernment (either visually or as if visually);
"she has an eye for fresh talent"
"he has an artist's eye"
- attention to what is seen;
"he tried to catch her eye"
- an area that is approximately central within some larger region;
"it is in the center of town"
"they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"
"they were in the eye of the storm"
- a small hole or loop (as in a needle);
"the thread wouldn't go through the eye"
- look at
- He could not meet his father's eye.
- She reads with a sharp eye for idiom.
- He has weak eyes.
- Reading in the sunlight does harm to your eye sight.
- We're eye to eye on all the vital issues.
- To my eye, the decorations are excellent.
- You do have an eye for paintings.
- Though he majored in science at university, he has an eye for art and literature.
- They eyed every change in the stock market.
- I did not like the way he eyed me.
He lost an eye in the war.
Andrew made a long and thorough examination, particularly of the eye.
The eyes, nose, and mouth are parts of the face.
Reading in a poor light taxes the eyes.
They have light skin and blue eyes.
The man pulled his cap over his eyes.
She looked at it with a greedy glitter in her eyes.
He stared at us with his eyes.
He is an elderly gentleman,silver-haired,with a twinkle in his eyes.
That child is the apple of his father's eye.
They rotated the globe until the crimson triangle of India was opposite their eyes.
She has sharp eyes.
She averted her eyes from the terrible sight.
The scene was a feast for the eyes.
How his eyes are lit up a proud joy!
Her eyes shone with tears.
Her eyes were dimmed with tears.
A gleam of interest came into his eyes.
Her dress was fastened with hooks and eyes.
The surgeon is performing an eye operation.
Washington Cathedral aspires. It compels the eye, and the mind, the heart to move upward.
To her expert eye, the painting was terrible.
To my eye, his paintings are just ugly daubs.
Nothing escaped his eye.
- (all) my eye
- 瞎说,胡说 completely untrue or nonsensical, especially of sth said that is intended to deceive or mislead
- an eye for an eye
以眼还眼,报复 a punishment as severe as the injury that was suffered; retaliation
The death penalty for murder works on the principle of an eye for an eye. 犯谋杀罪处以死刑,其原则是一命抵一命。
If a state punishes a murderer by death it's an eye for an eye. 如果政府以死刑惩处凶手,这是以牙还牙。
- 以眼还眼,报复 a punishment as severe as the injury that was suffered; retaliation
- (be) all eyes
目不转睛地看 (be) watching intently
She was all eyes as I unwrapped the package. 当我打开包裹时,她目不转睛地看。
- 目不转睛地看 (be) watching intently
- cast an eye〔one's eyes〕 on〔over〕
浏览一下; 审视 look at quickly; make a quick examination of
He cast an eye on it. 他对它随便看了一眼。
He cast a professional economist's eye on the problem. 他以经济学行家的眼光审视这个问题。
She cast her eyes over the paper, pondered, caught the meaning. 她把眼光盯在那文件上,思考着,领会着其中的含义。
It isn't enough just to cast your eyes over this blue-print; you should make a careful study of it. 这份图纸单是草草过一眼是不够的,你得仔细地推敲推敲。
I'd like you to cast your eyes over this letter before I send it to the school, to see if it's satisfactory. 我想让你帮忙看一看这封信写得是不是可以,然后再寄给学校。
- 浏览一下; 审视 look at quickly; make a quick examination of
- catch〔get〕 sb's〔the〕 eye
吸引某人的注意 attract sb's attention
The child tried to catch the teacher's eye. 那孩子想引起老师的注意。
Harris turned a page or two and the title of a poem caught his eye. 哈里斯翻了一两页,一首诗的题目引起了他的注意。
As she passed the shop her eye was caught by a blue dress displayed in the window. 当她走过商店时,橱窗中陈列的一件蓝色外衣引起了她的注意。
The pretty girl got the eye as she walked past the boys on the street corner. 那位漂亮的姑娘走过大街拐弯的时候引起了男孩们的注意。
When Mary asked if she could take home the fur coat and pay later,she got the eye from the clerk. 玛丽问她是否可以把皮大衣先拿回家后付钱,但遭到了售货员的白眼。
- 吸引某人的注意 attract sb's attention
- close〔shut〕 one's eyes to
不理会 ignore sth
He wanted to close his eyes to that affair. 他不想理会那件事。
She closed her eyes to her husband's infidelities. 她丈夫有不忠行为,她却视而不见。
Most of mankind close their eyes to this possibility. 人类大多数人不理会这种可能性。
The park is beautiful if you shut your eyes to the litter. 如果你闭眼不看那些杂乱的东西,这座公园是很漂亮的。
The government shuts its eyes to poverty. 政府对贫穷问题熟视无睹。
We can no longer shut our eyes to the gravity of the situation. 我们对事态的严重性不能再熟视无睹。
- 不理会 ignore sth
- cock an eye at
使眼色 give a knowing glance
Mike was telling his wife that this was his first visit to the pub for several weeks, when the landlord cocked an eye at him and so he quickly changed the subject. 迈克正对他的妻子说,数周来这是他首次光顾这家酒店,此时店主朝他使了个眼色,因此他很快改变了话题。
- 使眼色 give a knowing glance
- cry one's eyes out
痛哭 weep bitterly
When her pet dog died my daughter cried her eyes out. 我的女儿因她的爱犬死了痛哭流涕。
- 痛哭 weep bitterly
- do in the eye
伤害某人,羞辱某人 hurt or humiliate sb do sb in the eye
He certainly did his colleagues in the eye when he got the boss's approval.他得到了老板的夸奖,却也得罪了同事。
- 伤害某人,羞辱某人 hurt or humiliate sb do sb in the eye
- feast one's eyes on
欣赏某人〔某物〕之美,饱眼福 enjoy the beauty of sb/sth
He feasted his eyes on the beautiful scene. 他尽情欣赏这一美景。
- 欣赏某人〔某物〕之美,饱眼福 enjoy the beauty of sb/sth
- for sb's eyes only
只给所指定的人看、读等 only to be looked at, read, etc.by the person specified
The top secret file was marked “for the President's eyes only”. 在绝密档案上标有“只供总统亲阅”的字样。
- 只给所指定的人看、读等 only to be looked at, read, etc.by the person specified
- give sb the (glad) eye
抛媚眼,送秋波 give sb/get inviting or amorous looks
The woman at the next table was giving him the glad eye. 坐在桌子旁边的那个女子向他抛媚眼。
- 抛媚眼,送秋波 give sb/get inviting or amorous looks
- have an eye for
对某事有判断力或鉴赏力 be a good judge of or have a proper sense of sth
He has an eye for a bargain. 他识便宜货。
He has a good eye for beauty. 他很会欣赏美。
He has a quick eye for mistake. 他能很快发现错误。
- 对某事有判断力或鉴赏力 be a good judge of or have a proper sense of sth
- have eyes in the back of one's head
脑袋后面长有眼睛; 留意到一切而不露声色 observe everything (without seeming to do so)
How did you know I was behind you?You must have eyes in the back of your head. 你怎么知道我在你后面?你脑袋后面准是长了眼睛吧。
- 脑袋后面长有眼睛; 留意到一切而不露声色 observe everything (without seeming to do so)
- in the eye of the law
从法律角度,就法律观点而言 from the point of view of the law, etc. as the law, etc. see it
Though you may consider him innocent, in the eye of the law he is guilty of murder. 尽管你可以认为他是清白无辜的,但从法律上看他犯有谋杀罪。
- 从法律角度,就法律观点而言 from the point of view of the law, etc. as the law, etc. see it
- in the eye(s) of sb〔in sb's eye(s)〕
在某人的心目中,在某人看来 in the opinion or estimation of sb
In the eye of his fellow citizens, he was an honest man. 他在国人的心目中是个诚实的人。
The baby is beautiful in the eyes of its mother. 那个婴儿在她母亲的心目中是美丽的。
In the eyes of our grandfathers,Picasso's paintings would have seemed absurd. 在我们祖辈看来,毕加索的画就显得荒诞不经了。
In your father's eyes you're still a child. 在你父亲的心目中,你仍是个孩子。
- 在某人的心目中,在某人看来 in the opinion or estimation of sb
- keep an eye on
照看,照管; 留心注意 look after; watch carefully or closely
Please keep an eye on the baby. 请照看一下孩子。
Keep an eye on the stove in case the milk boils. 注意炉上的牛奶,别让它沸溢出。
I've put the vegetables on to cook; please keep an eye on the potatoes while I go to the corner shop for some ice cream. 我已把蔬菜放上去煮了,我到拐角上的店里去买冰淇淋时,请替我照看一下土豆。
Keep an eye on the store while I'm gone. 我不在时请你照看一下商店。
Our neighbor is going to keep an eye on our apartment while we are away. 我们外出期间,我们的邻居将细心照看我们的住宅。
Keep an eye on my suitcase while I buy my ticket. 我买票时请留神看着我的提箱。
The scout walked circumspectly, keeping an eye on every side. 侦察员小心谨慎地走着,密切注视周围的情况。
Whatever Jim was doing, he always kept an eye on his own interests. 吉姆无论做什么总是顾及个人利益。
- 照看,照管; 留心注意 look after; watch carefully or closely
- keep an eye open〔out〕 for
留心或注意某人〔事物〕 watch for sb/sth; look out for sb/sth
I've lost my ring—could you keep an eye out for it when you clean the house? 我的戒指不见了——你打扫房间时能留点神吗?
The police have been instructed to keep an eye out for pick-pockets at the fair. 已经指示警察密切注意集市上的扒手。
He's keeping an eye out for a more profitable job. 他正在留意找份更赚钱的工作。
We must keep an eye open for the stranger who is looking back and forth all the time. 我们必须留心那个老是东张西望的陌生人。
- 留心或注意某人〔事物〕 watch for sb/sth; look out for sb/sth
- keep one's eyes peeled〔skinned〕 for
仔细观看,留意 watch carefully; be observant
The tramp always keeps his eyes peeled for coins lying on the ground. 那流浪汉总是注意着寻找地上的硬币。
Keep your eyes skinned for a campsite! 留意找个宿营地!
- 仔细观看,留意 watch carefully; be observant
- look sb in the eye(s)
直视别人 look at sb steadily (because one feels ashamed, embarrassed, etc.)
I won't be able to look him in the eye if I lie. 我要是撒谎,我就不敢直视他的眼睛。
If he knows I told him a lie, how can I look him in the eye again? 如果他知道我对他撒了谎,我还怎么再见他!
- 直视别人 look at sb steadily (because one feels ashamed, embarrassed, etc.)
- make (sheep's) eyes at
向某人抛媚眼,送秋波 look amorously at sb
The lovers were making sheep's eyes at each other over the table. 那对恋人隔着桌子互送秋波。
Stop making eyes at that blonde! 不要再向那金发女郎挤眉弄眼!
She makes eyes at that young man standing over there. 她向站在那边的小伙子暗送秋波。
- 向某人抛媚眼,送秋波 look amorously at sb
- never〔not (be able to)〕 take one's eyes off sb/sth
目不转睛地看着某人〔某物〕 never〔not (be able to)〕 stop watching sb/sth
He couldn't take his eyes off the beautiful newcomer. 他目不转睛地盯着那位新来的美人。
- 目不转睛地看着某人〔某物〕 never〔not (be able to)〕 stop watching sb/sth
- not believe one's eyes
不敢相信自己的眼睛 doubt the credibility of sth unusual
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him driving a Rolls Royce—two years ago he was a labourer on a building site. 当我看到他驾着一辆劳斯莱斯汽车时,我不敢相信自己的眼睛——两年前他还是建筑工地上的一名工人。
- 不敢相信自己的眼睛 doubt the credibility of sth unusual
- (not) see eye to eye (with sb)
(不)完全一致,(没)有相同的看法 not agree entirely; not have similar views
I must say that I don't see eye to eye with you on that matter. 我必须说,对于那个问题,我不完全同意你的看法。
The World Health Organization and various national governments see eye to eye about the need to step up research to combat the spread of AIDS. 世界卫生组织和各国政府在关于加紧研究反对艾滋病传播方面的观点完全一致。
- (不)完全一致,(没)有相同的看法 not agree entirely; not have similar views
- one in the eye for
惨败,挫折 hard or unkind rejection or defeat
If she gets the job, that's one in the eye for Peter:he was desperate to get it. 假使她获得这份工作,那对彼得是当头一棒,他是拼命想得到这份工作的。
Fred thought that Susan was attracted to him, so it was one in the eye for him when she said she preferred me. 弗雷德认为苏珊对她有好感,但当苏珊说她更喜欢我时,那就是断然拒绝了他。
- 惨败,挫折 hard or unkind rejection or defeat
- only have eyes for〔have eyes only for〕 sb
只对某人感兴趣,只爱恋某人 only be interested in or in love with a specified person
It's no use asking Lois to go out with you; she only has eyes for Mark. 你邀请洛伊丝和你出去是白请,她心目中只有马克。
- 只对某人感兴趣,只爱恋某人 only be interested in or in love with a specified person
- pull the wool over sb's eyes
欺骗〔蒙骗〕某人 deceive sb
It's no good trying to pull the wool over Harlod's eyes, he's far too perceptive. 无法蒙骗哈罗德,他洞察力太强了。
- 欺骗〔蒙骗〕某人 deceive sb
- see with half an eye
对某事一目了然 see sth at a glance see sth with half an eye
That can be seen with half an eye.约略一看便一目了然。see with half an eye that-clause
I could see with half an eye that the deal would be detrimental to the company.我一眼就能看出,这笔买卖会给公司造成损失的。
- 对某事一目了然 see sth at a glance see sth with half an eye
- set eyes on
看见某人〔某物〕 see sb/sth
I disliked the place the moment I set eyes on it. 我一见这个地方就讨厌它。
I haven't set eyes on my brother for years. 我多年未见我的哥哥了。
I haven't set eyes on him for ages. How is he now? 我很久没看到他了。他现在怎样了?
I haven't set eyes on him since then. 自那以后我就没有看到过他。
It's many years since I set eyes on him. 我最后一次看到他是很多年前了。
I hope I never set eyes on him again. 我希望再也不要见到他。
- 看见某人〔某物〕 see sb/sth
- the naked eye
肉眼 unaided vision (without the use of an optical instrument)
Germs are too small to be seen by the naked eye. 细菌太小了,肉眼是看不见的。
Can you see that ship in the distance with the naked eye? 你能用肉眼看见远方的那艘船吗?
- 肉眼 unaided vision (without the use of an optical instrument)
- under〔before〕 sb's very eyes
- 在某人面前,当着某人的面 in one's presence; in front of one
不想隐瞒自己所做的事 without attempting to hide what one is doing
He took the stuff under my very eyes. 他当着我的面拿走了那些东西。
- with an eye to
将某事作为自己的目标或目的 having sth as one's aim or purpose
John is going to college with an eye to becoming a lawyer. 为了成为一个律师,约翰打算上大学。
He bought an old barn with an eye to converting it to a restaurant. 他购置了一个旧谷仓,目的在于要把它改建成饭店。
He kept the customer talking with an eye to selling him something else. 他拉着顾客说个不停,想再卖给人家一些别的东西。
- 将某事作为自己的目标或目的 having sth as one's aim or purpose
- with one's eyes open
充分了解自己所做之事 fully aware of what one is doing
He married her with his eyes wide open. 他娶她时心里有底。
You married him with your eyes open, so don't complain now! 你明知道还和他结婚,现在就不用抱怨了。
Clive lost a fortune on the stock market, but he went into it with his eyes open and remains quite philosophical about it. 克莱夫在股票市场赔了一笔钱,但是他明知后果如此却仍要投入并且非常达观。
- 充分了解自己所做之事 fully aware of what one is doing
- with one's eyes shut〔closed〕
没费多大力气,轻易地 without much effort; easily
He's cooked that meal so often that he can do it with his eyes closed. 他常做那种饭菜,因此闭着眼也能做。
This cake tastes awful,I could make a better one myself with my eyes closed. 这蛋糕味道太差,我自己闭着眼完全可以做一个更好的。
- 没费多大力气,轻易地 without much effort; easily
- believe one's eyes 相信自己的眼睛
- cast an eye at 看某物
- catch one's eye 引起注意
- close one's eyes 闭上眼睛
- cry one's eyes out 哭肿眼睛,痛哭流涕
- dust the eyes 蒙蔽
- fasten one's eye on 凝视
- fix one's eyes on 注视
- get an eye for 对…有鉴赏力,具有识别…的眼力
- give one's eyes for 极乐于得到,不惜一切去求取
- have an eye for 对…有鉴赏力,具有识别…的眼力
- have an eye to 照看,照顾,着眼于,注意到,心目中有
- have an eye to a position 觊觎一个职位
- keep an eye on 注意,注视,监视
- keep an eye on the baby 照看婴孩
- lay eyes on a stranger 注视陌生人
- lift one's eyes 抬起眼来
- lose an eye 瞎掉一只眼
- make eyes at sb 向某人挤眉弄眼,给某人暗送秋波
- mind one's eyes 当心,留神
- open one's eyes 睁开眼睛,一觉醒来
- put one's eyes together 入睡
- run one's eyes through 浏览
- see eye to eye with sb 与某人看法完全一致
- set eyes on 看到
- shut one's eyes 闭上眼睛
- shut one's eye up to 无视…
- strike the eye 引人注目
- angry eyes 愤怒的目光
- beautiful eyes 美丽的眼睛
- big eyes 大眼睛
- black eyes 黑眼睛
- blind eyes 瞎眼
- blue eyes 蓝眼睛
- bright eye 明亮的眼睛
- clear eyes 明亮的眼睛
- curious eyes 好奇的目光
- dark eyes 黑眼睛
- dry eyes 没有眼泪的眼睛,干枯的双眼
- dull eyes 呆滞的眼光
- expressive eyes 富有表情的眼睛
- friendly eyes 友好的目光
- good eyes 好眼力
- kind eyes 慈祥的眼睛
- little eyes 呆滞的目光
- own eyes 亲眼
- public eyes 众目睽睽,公众所注目
- quick eyes 敏捷的目光
- sad eyes 悲哀的眼睛
- sharp eyes 敏锐的目光
- short-sighted eyes 近视眼
- small eyes 小眼睛
- smiling eyes 笑眯眯的眼睛
- tearful eyes 热泪盈眶,含泪的眼睛
- tired eyes 疲倦的眼睛
- watery eyes 水汪汪的眼睛
- weak eyes 视力微弱的眼睛
- before sb's very eyes 在某人面前公开地
- blind in both eyes 双目失明
- in the eye of 在…看来,从…的观点来看,在…面前
- in the eye of the law 从法律观点来看
- under sb's very eyes 在某人面前公开地
- up to one's eyes in 埋头于(工作),极忙
- with all one's eyes 全神贯注地,仔细看
- with an eye to 指望着,目的在于,为…起见(才)
- with half an eye 很容易地,一目了然
- eye for beauty 审美眼光
Behind their bifocal lenses his eyes were bright with excitement.出自：Aldous Huxley
Kino's eyes opened, and he looked first at the lightening square.出自：J. Steinbeck
Her eyes are red from weeping.出自：G. B. Shaw
She sniffs the air and eyes a sailing cloud.出自：W. Gass
- eye的基本意思是“眼睛”,当其指身体器官之一的“眼睛”时, eye指“一只眼睛”, eyes指“两只或多只眼睛”,用于与“眼睛”有关的“目光”指表情时,须用复数形式。而在用于“观察力、看问题的眼光、注意力”等抽象意义时,则须使用复数形式。作“观点”“见解”解时总是用复数形式。
- eye偶尔也用作动词,意思是“定睛地看,盯着”。例如:He eyed her up and down.他上上下下地打量她。The child was eyeing the chocolate cake.孩子正盯着那块巧克力蛋糕。
- give an eye, give the eye
这两个短语使用的冠词不同,含义也不相同。前者意为“照看”,后者意为“注目”“给以白眼”。例如:Give an eye to the fire while I'm out, won't you?我出去时你照看一下炉子,行吗?I'll give an eye to the job for you.我会为你照料工作的。A pretty girl went by and all the boys gave her the eye.一个美丽的少女走过时,所有的男孩都注视她。
- eye, eyes
- ☆ 直接源自古英语g的ee，意为眼。
- look at（仔细地）看...
- stare at凝视
- gaze at凝视, 注视
- eye:eye n. 眼睛, 视力, 眼光, 观点, 见解, 眼状物, 风吹来的方向, [气]风眼vt. 看, 注视, 在...上打眼 英英解释:名词eye:1. the organ of sight同义词：…