- vt. 提到；说起
- n. 提及；说起
- 提名表扬， 为表彰功绩而提到…的名字
- vt. 提到,说起 tell about sth in a few words, without giving details
- [S]提及,说起 a short remark about sth or naming of sb
a remark that calls attention to something or someone;
"she made frequent mention of her promotion"
"there was no mention of it"
"the speaker made several references to his wife"
a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage;
"the student's essay failed to list several important citations"
"the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"
"the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
an official recognition of merit;
"although he didn't win the prize he did get special mention"
make reference to;
"His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
make mention of;
"She observed that his presentation took up too much time"
"They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
"he was cited for his outstanding achievements"
- Speaking of Macao, it is necessary to mention lotus flowers.
- Paul is highly intelligent, not to mention good-looking and rich.
- He made no mention of having met her.
- She blushed at the mention of her love's name .
- He mentioned them by name.
- Before closing I want to mention all those who contributed so generously.
- Don't mention this problem this evening.
- Can you mention one of the mistakes off hand?
- Nobody mentioned the real purpose of this meeting.
- From now on no one is to mention that slip of paper.
- He did not want to mention the painful past.
- Haas decided not to mention his cold.
- I had enough presence of mind not to mention my intention.
- There were four of us there, without mentioning the child.
- They have two dogs to find a home for, without mentioning the cat and the bird.
- He is being mentioned for the place.
- It is mentioned on page 20.
- Every time I mentioned taking a swim in the lake he would make a face.
- You mentioned having been in hospital last year.
- He did not mention having been on the spot.
- Jeromy mentioned having seen me on TV the previous evening.
- She mentioned that she had glanced through it.
- You never even mentioned that your wife had had the baby!
- Tom mentions that he often sees her in the library.
- Did he mention when he would marry?
- She forgot to mention where we should meet.
- Her mother had mentioned how colorful the yard was, now that spring had arrived.
- Don't mention what happened last week, it could bring him out in a temper.
- They mentioned you as a good source of information.
- He often heard his name mentioned.
- As he has not done much, he is beneath mention.
- The actor's wedding got a mention on television.
- Did the concert get a mention in the paper?
- At the age of 67, he had earned another mention in the despatches.
- By tacit agreement,Clark's friends all avoided any mention of his mentally ill wife.
- The first mention of the discovery appeared in an article last year.
- He made no mention of your request.
- Today's newspaper made a special mention of his contributions in science.
- The communique made no mention of progress on any of the issues.
- No mention was made of her illness.
- He made no mention of having seen her.
- mention in (v.+prep.)
提名表扬 receive an honourable mention of one's names official papers
- mention to (v.+prep.)
对(某人)谈〔提〕起 speak about (sb/sth) to (sb)
mention sb/sth to sb
My friend has often mentioned you to me.
Have I mentioned my holiday plan to you?
He felt it his duty to mention this fact to them.
他感到有责任向他们提及这一情况。mention to sb that/wh-clause
I mentioned to Facer that I was thinking of going back to work.
You didn't mention to me when you are leaving.
- not to mention
更不用说 in addition there is
- at (the) mention of
一提到… referring to sth
- mention a book 提到一本书
- mention a few examples 举几个例子
- mention intention 提到意图
- mention matter 提到事情
- mention real purpose 提到真正的目的
- mention sb's name 提到某人的名字
- mention the children 提到孩子们
- mention the mistakes 提出错误
- mention the problem 提出问题
- mention blindly 盲目地提到
- mention casually 偶尔提到
- mention cautiously 谨慎地提到
- mention completely 完全提到
- mention dejectedly 沮丧地提到
- mention delightful 愉快地提到
- mention despairingly 绝望地提到
- mention determinedly 坚定地提到
- mention dramatically 戏剧化地提到
- mention eventually 最终提到
- mention generously 慷慨地提到
- mention gladly 高兴地提到
- mention immediately 立即提到
- mention incessantly 持续不断地提到
- mention incidentally 随便提及
- mention individually 逐个提到
- mention intelligently 聪明地提到
- mention modestly 羞怯地谈起
- mention partially 部分提到
- mention reasonably 合理地提到
- mention regretfully 遗憾地提到
- mention reluctantly 不情愿地提到
- mention secretly 秘密地说起
- mention simultaneously 暂时提到
- mention slyly 偷偷摸摸地说起
- mention strongly 强烈地提到
- mention superficially 表面上提到
- mention temporarily 暂时提到
- mention unsuitably 不合适地提到
- mention voluntarily 自愿提到
- bare mention 勉强提及
- brief mention 简单地提及
- detailed mention 详细地叙述
- frequent mention 常提及
- honorable mention 提名表扬
- particular mention 特别提及
- special mention 特别提及
- the first mention of 第一次提到…
The mention of his name leads me on to speak of our ship's cook.出自： R. L. Stevenson
Q. D. Leavis comes in for favourable mention, too, as an 'astringent and serious reviewer'.出自： D. J. Enright
There is no mention of the circumstances which preceded my ill-health.出自： E. Kuzwayo
He distinguished himself by winning a mention in despatches for valour at Sedan.出自： S. Hastings
There will be no straight advertising..although any of the shows or places featured will pay a set fee for a mention.出自：Marketing Week
Letters in which I'm not mentioned at all because my name is a dirty word.出自： J. Osborne
I wouldn't mind a drink, though, now you mention it.出自： P. O
When Freud's name was mentioned for the Nobel Prize, it was more often for literature.出自： J. Berman
He forebore to mention that he planned to stop in Rome.出自： R. Ellmann
- mention不可用于mention sb sth 结构,“对…提起…”可以说mention sb/sth to sb 或mention to sb that/wh-clause结构。
- not to mention可用如连词,其后只接名词短语。
He mentions hearing from her often.
- 因为mention既是名词也是动词，所以在表示“值得一提”时，短语worth mention和worth mentioning都正确。
- not to mention, let alone
- 这两者都可用如连词,其区别仅在于:not to mention后只接名词短语,而let alone后可接任何词。另外, let alone只用于非正式语体中,且多用于否定句。例如:
- I had never seen him, let alone spoken to him.我从未见过他,更不用说与他交谈了。
- not to mention, not to say
- I don't know English, not to mention French.
- It is warm today, not to say hot.
误 He didn't mention of your suggestion.
正 He didn't mention your suggestion.
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的mencion；最初源自古典拉丁语的mentionem，意为想起。