- 提到，提及 ，说到，谈到
- [C]布告,通告,启示 a written or printed statement giving information or directions to the public
- [U]预告,通知 a warning or information about sth that is going to happen
- [U]注意 attention
- [U]评价,短评 a statement of opinion, especially in a newspaper. about a new book, play, etc.
- vt. & vi. 注意 pay attention to, especially with the eyes
an announcement containing information about an event;
"you didn't give me enough notice"
"an obituary notice"
the act of noticing or paying attention;
"he escaped the notice of the police"
a request for payment;
"the notification stated the grace period and the penalties for defaulting"
advance notification (usually written) of the intention to withdraw from an arrangement of contract;
"we received a notice to vacate the premises"
"he gave notice two months before he moved"
a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement;
"a poster advertised the coming attractions"
polite or favorable attention;
"his hard work soon attracted the teacher's notice"
a short critical review;
"the play received good notices"
discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of;
"She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water"
"We found traces of lead in the paint"
notice or perceive;
"She noted that someone was following her"
"mark my words"
make or write a comment on;
"he commented the paper of his colleague"
express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with;
"He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"
"She acknowledged his complement with a smile"
"it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
- He walked so fast that he didn't notice his wife.
- I notice you aren't quite convinced.
- As soon as your application is approved, I will personally notice you.
- Information maybe revised without prior notice.
- Her appearance attracted my notice.
- Meal times are shown on the notice board.
- I posted a notice about it on the bulletin board.
- They announced the birth of their baby by putting a notice in the newspaper.
- The notice on the wall says “No smoking”.
- Can you be ready in ten minutes' notice?
- If you want to reserve a room you have to give them a few days' notice.
- It is difficult to obtain so much data at such short notice.
- I'm fed up with this job,I'm giving in my notice tomorrow.
- If the company wants to dismiss me, they have to give me three months' notice.
- He passed by me without taking notice of me.
- Don't take any notice of what he says.
- They took no notice of these rumours.
- His writings brought him into public notice.
- The new play got mixed notices.
- The landlady has given me a notice to move.
- The workers put up a notice announcing a mass meeting.
- The tenant gave notice that he was going to move on the first of the next month.
- It has come to my notice that some of you have been missing classes.
- She pretended not to notice.
- I am sorry. I did not notice.
- He slipped away when we were not noticing.
- I am sure they didn't notice.
- I don't notice you.
- Mr. Brown didn't know I was in the office, he was too busy to notice me.
- He was too proud to notice me.
- I did not notice his absence.
- He noticed a new colour TV set in his new home.
- Did you notice the number of the house?
- The scientist's observant eye noticed the slightest details.
- None noticed her agitation.
- Did you notice anything peculiar?
- He noticed a rapid tapping noise.
- He noticed a very close agreement between the two countries.
- The professor noticed the famous scientist's achievements in his speech.
- The book was favourably noticed in literary magazines.
- Did you notice how to do it?
- We noticed how to make the experiment.
- He noticed that the girl was somewhat lame.
- He noticed that you were not there.
- I noticed that you made great progress.
- I noticed that he left early.
- She noticed that someone kept looking at her.
- We noticed that he was evading the issue.
- I noticed that he was looking very nervous.
- We noticed that Jack was more brave than wise.
- He turned away when he noticed that I had seen him.
- Please notice that the meeting will be held tomorrow morning.
- I noticed how she did it.
- Did you notice where I put my umbrella?
- Did you notice whether I had locked the door?
- Did you notice anyone take the book away ?
- Did you notice someone leave the house?
- Nobody noticed him come in and sit down.
- I didn't notice my purse miss until I got home.
- The dog and the cat were noticed to enter the garden.
- The airplane was noticed to take off at six o'clock.
- The manager noticed Miss Wang entering the office.
- He noticed a crowd of people shouting and cheering on the square.
- Don't you notice the baby playing with her new toys?
- He noticed a little girl standing at the door.
- Did you notice me leaving the house?
- He noticed a wallet lying on the ground ahead of him.
- I noticed his hand shaking.
- She was noticed entering the room.
- He noticed the situation changed.
- beneath one's notice
不为某人理会,不值一顾 being sth one should ignore
- bring to sb's notice
将某事告知某人,使某人注意某事物 tell sb about sth, show sb sth, etc.
bring sth to sb's notice
It was Susan who brought the problem to our notice.
- come to sb's notice
被某人看到〔听到等〕 be seen, heard, etc. by sb
- give notice 通知
- hang up a notice 张贴布告
- have notice of 接到…的通知
- issue a notice 发出通知
- paste up a notice 贴布告
- place a notice 张贴通知
- post a notice 张贴布告
- put a notice 刊登启事
- put up a notice 张贴布告
- receive notice 收到通知
- receive notice of a storm 收到有风暴的预告
- send (off) a notice 发出通知
- serve notice 警告,公布
- attract notice 吸引注意,惹人注目
- bring to notice 使注意到
- come into notice 引起注意
- come to sb's notice 受到某人的注意
- come under sb's notice 受到某人的注意
- escape notice 被疏忽
- get favorable notice 得到好评
- take notice of 注意,理会
- win notice 赢得注目
- give one's employee a month's notice 通知雇员一个月后离职
- formal notice 正式通告
- further notice 另行通知
- immediate notice 立即通告
- printed notice 打印的通知
- prompt notice 立即通告
- public notice 公告
- special notice 特别通知
- timely notice 及时的通知
- brief notice 短评
- particular notice 特别注意
- proper notice 适当的注意
- notice board 布告牌,揭示板
- at a moment's notice 一接到通知就
- at short notice 一接通知
- on short notice 一接到通知(马上就…)
- without notice 不预先通知,不另行通知
- leave without notice 不辞而别,擅自离开
- notice a book 注意到一本书
- notice a wallet 注意到一个钱包
- notice number of the car 注意到汽车的牌号
- notice the detail 注意细节
- notice curiously 好奇地注意
- notice dispassionately 冷静地注意
- notice emphatically 强调注意
- notice particularly 特别地注意
- notice by 从…注意到
I had the lease..and the notice to quit.出自： J. Carlyle
Kemp had not given..written notice of his condition.出自：Holiday Which?
She looked so much better that Sir Charles noticed it to Lady Harriet.出自： E. Gaskell
The Duke of Kent who must be noticed separately.出自： L. Strachey
Hills began to be noticed for their beauty.出自： G. Harris
- give notice和have notice中的notice,通常指离职、辞职或解雇等的“通知”,当have notice和give notice后面带有动词不定式时, notice前有时可加不定冠词a。
- notice作名词表示“通知”时，短语at short notice中的at在美式英语中可用on代替；
give notice或have notice一般指离职或迁让的通知：当后面跟不定式，notice前面可加冠词a。give notice后面也可跟that从句。
He gave me a notice to leave by the end of the week.
The tenant gave notice that he was going to move on the first day of the next month.
I noticed a boy come out of the house.
A boy was noticed to come out of the house.
I noticed a boy coming out of the house.
- I'm afraid,I have to give you notice.
- notice sb to-v, notice sb v-ing, notice sb v-ed
- notice后可接由动词不定式、现在分词或过去分词充当补足语的复合宾语,但表达的意思不相同。接动词不定式或过去分词表示“注意到某人做了某事”; 而接现在分词则表示“注意到某人正在做某事”。试比较:
- I noticed someone go into the office.
- I noticed someone going into the office.
- I noticed the watch lost.
- notice, attend, heed, mind, note
- Mind that you don't forget to tell him.记住,别忘了告诉他。
- Mind out, there's a car coming.小心,一辆汽车开过来了。
- Peter attends school, but doesn't attend to his lesson.彼得上学去了,却没认真听课。
- He attended to his business.他专心于他的事务。
- He didn't attend to the point you spoke of.他没有注意到你说的要点。
- If she heeded what the teacher told her, she might make better progress.如果她多留意老师对她说的话,她也许会有更大的进步。
- She countered that her advice had not been heeded.她反驳说她的建议未被重视。
- He slipped away when we were not noticing.我们没注意时,他就溜走了。
- He didn't notice you when you passed by.你走过时,他没有注意到你。
- I noticed with great satisfaction that you made great progress.我很满意地看到,你取得了很大的进步。
- 5.note既可像notice那样觉察到某个细节,又可像attend, heed那样付出注意力,专心于某事,多用于祈使句中,且语气较强。例如:
- The president's every word was noted down.总统的每句话都被记录下来。
- Note how I do it, then copy me.注意看我是怎么做的,然后照着做。
- Note when the machine will stop.注意这台机器什么时候停。
- notice, note, observe, perceive
- perceive指使用各种感觉器官去了解事物; notice指观察并注意到某个重要却又很容易被忽略掉的细节; note比notice意味更强烈,指不但注意到,而且记录下来,但有时只指思想上注意到并记在脑中; observe指在方便有利的位置上注意观察、研究某事物或现象,强调思想高度集中,态度严谨客观,但此词多用于科研方面。
误 It escaped his notices.
正 It escaped his notice.他的画吸引了他们的注意。
误 His drawing attracted their notices.
正 His drawing attracted their notice.这些军队一接到通知马上就动员起来了。
误 These troops were mobilized at a short notice.
正 These troops were mobilized at short notice.
误 Did you notice anyone to take my eraser away?
正 Did you notice anyone take my eraser away?你注意到有人离开房间吗?
误 Did you notice anyone to leave the room?
正 Did you notice anyone leave the room?
析 notice是感官动词,其后跟动词原形或 v -ing。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的notitia，意为知名的人，著名，知识。