- [U]练习,实习 regular or repeated performance or exercise in order to learn to do sth well
- [U]实践,实际 the actual doing of sth (rather than the idea of it)
- [C]业务 the business of a doctor or lawyer
- [U][C]惯例,常规 a repeated, habitual, or standard act or course of action
- a customary way of operation or behavior;
"it is their practice to give annual raises"
"they changed their dietary pattern"
- systematic training by multiple repetitions;
"practice makes perfect"
- translating an idea into action;
"a hard theory to put into practice"
"differences between theory and praxis of communism"
- the exercise of a profession;
"the practice of the law"
"I took over his practice when he retired"
- knowledge of how something is usually done;
"it is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
- carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions;
- learn by repetition;
"We drilled French verbs every day"
"Pianists practice scales"
- engage in a rehearsal (of)
- avail oneself to;
"apply a principle"
"practice a religion"
"use care when going down the stairs"
"use your common sense"
"practice non-violent resistance"
- engage in or perform;
"practice safe sex"
"commit a random act of kindness"
- Daily practice is the trick in learning a foreign language.
- You should make a practice of being on time for work.
- I have a culture and art practice in my company.
She is doing her practice at the piano.
Basic practice is useful for learning English.
It's time you got down to some practice or the other students will leave you behind.
His writing gained by continuous practice.
More practice will make you speak with greater fluency.
Long practice enabled that American to speak fluent Chinese.
We have three choir practices a week.
Practice makes perfect.
In learning a foreign language, various forms of practice are good disciplines.
Only when our theory combines with practice can the former become a reliable knowledge.
George's father is a medical doctor.He has his own practice.
My father devoted his life to the practice of the law.
The lawyer retired from practice.
I can see that they are not ready to depart from traditional practice.
On this occasion we departed from our normal practice of holding the meetings in public.
He has abandoned the practice of jogging.
The workers are still spending too much time brewing up the tea; this practice will have to stop!
Armed with such a precept, a number of doctors may slip into deceptive practices.
The sports club decided to break with some of the past practices.
- in practice
在实践中,实际上 in fact
It sounded like a good idea, but in practice it didn't work. 这听起来像是个好主意,但做起来却行不通。
What it means in practice is that he does twice the work for half the money. 这实际上意味着他做两倍工作却只拿一半报酬。
Many people would agree that the government should spend more money on education, but in practice this is often not possible. 许多人都认为政府在教育方面应该多花些钱,实际上这常常是不可能的。
在不断练习中; 熟练的 having spent time doing practice
She can speak English fluently as she is always in practice. 她一直在练习,所以英语讲得很流利。
在开业中 running business
He is a physician in practice. 他是执业医生。
Taylor was in practice with two colleagues. 泰勒医生与两位同事一起开业。
- 在实践中,实际上 in fact
- out of practice
疏于练习 not having spent time doing practice
She was out of practice at singing. 她对歌唱荒疏了。
I haven't played tennis for years, so I'm really out of practice. 我已经多年不打网球,技术已经完全生疏了。
- 疏于练习 not having spent time doing practice
- put〔carry〕 into practice
实施,实行 actually do sth (that was previously only planned〔thought about〕) put〔carry〕 sth into practice
We have discussed the plan continually for several weeks; now the time has come to put it into practice.我们已连续好几个星期讨论这计划了,现在到了付诸实施的时候了。
He is good at constructing theories but not good at putting them into practice.他擅长于创立理论,但不善于把他的理论付诸实践。
His plan broke down when it was put into practice because he had not given enough attention to details.他的计划在实践中失败了,因为他对细节问题没有引起足够的重视。
It's time I carried my intentions of hard work into practice.该是我把想刻苦工作的打算付诸行动的时候了。
- 实施,实行 actually do sth (that was previously only planned〔thought about〕) put〔carry〕 sth into practice
- begin practice 开始训练
- bring into practice 使…付诸实践
- carry into practice 使…付诸实践
- carry on practice 继续训练
- continue practice 继续训练
- do practice 进行练习
- have practice 操练
- keep in practice 经常操练
- keep on practice 坚持训练
- make practice of 经常进行,养成…的习惯,常以…为手段
- neglect practice 忽视训练
- put into practice 把…付诸实践
- put idea into practice 把想法付诸实践
- put theory into practice 把理论付诸实践
- require practice 需要练习
- begin practice of law 律师开业
- enter practice of law 律师开业
- establish practice 开业
- forbid practice 禁止营业
- set up practice 开业
- follow practice of 根据…的习惯
- stamp out practice 杜绝习俗,消除习俗
- actual practice 实际实行,实际应用
- constant practice 经常不断的练习
- enough practice 足够的练习
- professional practice 职业训练,职业事务,专业活动
- social practice 社会实践
- accepted practice 普遍接受的习惯做法
- bad practice 坏习俗,坏作风
- behind-the-scenes practice 幕后的活动
- common practice 通常的做法,常规,惯例
- corrupt practices 腐败行径
- daily practice 日常习俗
- dishonest practice 不诚实的行为
- disreputable practice 不体面的行为
- evil practice 恶习
- fair-trade practices 〈美〉贸易互惠的做法
- fraudulent practice 欺诈行为
- good practice 很好的练习,好的习惯〔做法、作风〕
- habitual practice 惯用手法
- international practice 国际惯例
- local practice 地方风俗
- long practice 长期练习
- old practices 老一套
- recognized practice 公认的惯例
- regular practice 习惯做法,惯例
- sharp practice 不正当〔不择手段〕的行为
- standard practice 标准做法
- traditional practice 传统做法
- unfair practice 不公正的行为
- universal practice 普遍的做法,普遍情况
- usual practice 通常的做法,常规,惯例
- wide-spread practice 广为流传的做法
- large practice 很大的业务
- legal practice 律师业务
- medical practice 医生业务
- private practice 私人业务
- small practice 很小的业务
- classroom practice 课堂操练
- football practice 足球训练
- nursing practice 护理业务
- target practice 射击训练
- teaching practice 教学实习
- war-time practice 战时做法
- according to practice 按照惯例
- beyond sb's practice 不属于某人的营业范围
- by practice 通过训练
- in practice 实际上,在实践中,事实上
- out of practice 久不练习,荒疏
- with practice 通过训练
- without practice 未曾操练
It being accepted practice to start conversation by asking people what they do.出自：J. Barzun
Not all the arts of diplomacy are learned solely in its practice.出自：D. Acheson
It is (a) good practice to get up early.
- practice作名词，前面无定冠词the时，后跟介词in，而有定冠词the时，后跟介词of，例：practice in composition，the practice of composition；
- practice作动词表示“练习（乐器）”时，可直接用practice，或practice (up)on，也可以practice at，例如practice the piano，practice (up)on the piano，practice at the piano；
You must practice speaking English.
- 在it is a...practice to- v 的结构中,不定冠词a有时可省略。
- practice, exercise
这两个词都有“练习”“训练”“锻炼”的意思。其区别是：exercise多指通过体力上的锻炼而获得力量或活力,也指学校作业练习; practice常指为了求得完善或达到熟练而有规则地、反复地做某事。例如:If you don't take more exercise, you will get fat.如果不多锻炼身体,你就会发胖。He is doing exercises in English.他在做英语练习。
- practice, habit, usage
这组词的共同意思是“习惯做法”。其区别在于:1.habit指一个人有规律地经常做某事,由于这种动作某人反复地做,久而久之形成自然习惯或习性,做时不用思索。2.usage指多个人使用某物或做某件事的一种普遍方法。例如:It was common usage for dried fish to be wrapped in newspaper.用报纸包干鱼是一种普遍应用的方法。3.practice常常表示一个人有意识地去“培养”而形成的习惯做法。例如:The newspaper alleged the mayor's corrupt practices.那家报纸断言市长有舞弊行为。Armed with such a precept, a number of doctors may slip into deceptive practices.有了这样一条指导原则,一些医生可能渐渐习惯于采取骗人的做法。
- drill exercise practice training discipline
- habit practice custom convention
- That proved to be my undoing, for I soon got back to my old bad habit of dozing off in front of the screen.
- On the other hand, your stomach would turn at the idea of frying potatoes in animal fat——the normally accepted practice in many northern countries.
- She walked slowly into the hall and at once noticed that all the room doors were open,yet following her general practice she had shut them before going out.
- custom:custom具有 habit 和 practice 的一切含义，此外，custom 还包含这样一层意思：长期而广泛采用的行为或方法，即风俗习惯，按照某地区人们共同生活及其行为的准则或规范，它不仅有指导意义，而且具有必须遵循的意义。
- Don't be a slave to custom.
- From the moment of his birth the customs into which he is born shape his experience and behaviour.
- They disregard social conventions without being conscious that they are doing anything extraordinary.
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的practiser，意为做，实践；最初源自古希腊语的praitkkos，意为实践的。
- practiced adj. 精通的；娴熟的
- practice:practice n. 实行, 实践, 实际, 惯例, 习惯, 练习, 实习, 开业 英英解释:名词practice:1. a customary way of operation or behavi…