- v. 记得；想起；记住，铭记；回忆；提及
- vt. & vi. 记得; 牢记 (be able to) bring back to one's mind (information, past events , etc.); keep in memory; take care not to forget
- vt. 给…送钱〔礼物〕 give money or a present to
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection;
"I can't remember saying any such thing"
"I can't think what her last name was"
"can you remember her phone number?"
"Do you remember that he once loved you?"
"call up memories"
keep in mind for attention or consideration;
"Remember the Alamo"
"Remember to call your mother every day!"
"Think of the starving children in India!"
recapture the past; indulge in memories;
"he remembered how he used to pick flowers"
show appreciation to;
"He remembered her in his will"
mention favorably, as in prayer;
"remember me in your prayers"
mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship;
"Remember me to your wife"
exercise, or have the power of, memory;
"After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"
"some remember better than others"
call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony;
"We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"
"Remember the dead of the First World War"
- I remember his objecting to the scheme.
- Remember to write us when you get there.
- I'm sorry, I can't remember your name.
- I really can't remember what you said last night.
- I shall always remember your kindness to us.
- That was a beautiful summer, as I remember.
- Please remember me to your family.
- Now, remember!If you do that again, you'll be punished.
- She was from Henan, if I remember correctly.
- I have never had this kind of experience since I can remember.
- “Did I tell you about it yesterday?”“I don't remember.”
- I don't remember him.
- He said he remembered the man well.
- I remember him at the party that night.
- Remember me when I am gone.
- It's no wonder they remembered it so clearly.
- I was happy that afternoon,I remember it well.
- It's something we should always remember.
- I remember the whole thing as if it happened yesterday.
- I can't remember his name.
- I still remember his face.
- You remember my address, don't you?
- Do you remember his telephone number?
- In this connection I remember a proverb.
- I will always remember your kindness to me.
- Then he remembered a poem that he had learned when he was a child.
- We must remember these painful lessons paid for in blood.
- On this day we remember the dead of two world wars.
- I'll remember you in my prayers.
- Please remember the taxi driver.
- Please remember the waiter.
- My aunt always remembers me on my birthday.
- I hope you'll remember me in your will.
- He will be remembered forever.
- The heroic deeds of our 17 heroes will be remembered always.17
- This is a day to be remembered.
- Remember to bring a dictionary with you.
- Please remember to give her the book.
- Please remember to give me a phone call when you get there.
- Remember to mail the letter for me.
- Remember to post the letter for me.
- Remember to use postal code.
- I remembered to open the door
- Remember to meet me tonight.
- Did you remember to call on them when you were there?
- I remember clearly to have met her before.
- I remember to have seen him take it up.
- She still remembers what to say.
- Remember when to turn.
- Do you remember how to do it?
- Do you remember how to spell the word?
- Do you remember how to run the machine?
- I could not remember how to open the safe.
- I will remember where to find her.
- I remember reading this book.
- She remembered buying the newspaper.
- I remember posting your letters.
- I remember seeing you one evening.
- Do you remember getting some medicine for her last week?
- I remember having asked her to come.
- I remember having seen someone take it away.
- I remember having heard you speak on that subject.
- I never remember having come across a man like that.
- He said he remembered having told us about it.
- He never remembered having come across a man like that.
- I remember having told Tom soon afterwards.
- I remember his being very generous.
- Do you remember your being beaten by them?
- Do you remember my asking you that same question?
- I remembered him taking a picture of the scene.
- I don't remember him ever saying anything like that.
- I remember him, as a child, playing the piano beautifully.
- How thin she is! I remember her being fatter than that.
- We can't remember Mr. White being impolite to us.
- We don't remember the teacher assigning these exercises.
- I remember my mother buying a toy for me.
- Then he remembered Eby telling him that some of the books were kept among the stacks of old paper.
- I remember that I wrote to him.
- She remembers that he visited her but she can't remember when.
- I remember quite well that you promised to lend him this book.
- He suddenly remembered that he had left the window open.
- Suddenly she remembered that she had been there once before.
- He suddenly remembered that she wore a red hat.
- I remembered that I had left my umbrella behind on the train.
- I remember I was always very jealous of his acting.
- Remember that one o'clock tomorrow is your appointment.
- They remembered that last summer I was with them for six weeks.
- We will remember what the teacher said.
- Do you remember how you came here?
- Can you remember where he lives?
- He could not remember where he had seen her before.
- I can't remember whether it's on the 2nd floor or the 3rd floor.
- It's to be remembered that life is not a bed of roses.
- Imes remembered Kehr as a mousy girl.
- I remember him as a young man.
- How thin she is!I remember her fatter than that.
- They remembered him still young.
- Sir Thomas More is remembered today as the author of Utopia .
- remember about (v.+prep.)
记得… have a memory of (sth or doing sth)
remember about sth/v-ing
I remembered nothing about it.
You will remember about watering the flowers, won't you?
- remember against (v.+prep.)
为…影响友谊,因…而记恨 bear sth in mind and for that reason, be unfriendly to
remember sth against sb
Please don't remember this unpleasant matter against me.
- remember in (v.+prep.)
把(钱等)遗赠给 leave sth such as money to sb after sb's death
- remember to (v.+prep.)
代为问好 send sb's greetings to sb else
remember sb to sb else
Please remember me to your father.
Remember me to your wife.
Remember me to your mother when you get home.
Remember me to your family.
He wished to be remembered to you and your people.
- remember a proverb 记得一句谚语
- remember a telephone number 记住电话号码
- remember sb's appointment 记得与某人约会
- remember sb's birthday 记得某人的生日
- remember sb's kindness 记住某人的好意
- remember sb's name 记得某人的名字
- remember sb's promise 记得(某人)许下的愿
- remember the date 记住日期
- remember the waiter 给侍者小费
- remember unpleasant matter 记住这件不愉快的事
- remember affectionately 亲切地记得
- remember clearly 清楚地记得
- remember correctly 确切记得
- remember dimly 记不清
- remember distinctly 记得清楚
- remember eternally 永远记得
- remember fondly 天真地记得
- remember generously 慷慨地送礼
- remember graphically 生动地记得
- remember gratefully 感激地送礼
- remember imperfectly 记得不完全
- remember involuntarily 不知不觉地记牢
- remember irrelevantly 想起毫不相关的事与人
- remember kindly 问候
- remember mechanically 机械地记忆
- remember morbidly 明白地想起
- remember mournfully 悲痛地记得
- remember passionately 热切地记得
- remember perfectly 完全记得
- remember remorsefully 悔恨地记得
- remember rightly 确切记得
- remember simply 实在想不起来
- remember sorrowfully 悲伤地记得
- remember subconsciously 下意识地想起
- remember suddenly 突然记起
- remember superstitiously 迷信地想起
- remember thoroughly 彻底记得
- remember vaguely 依稀记得
- remember vividly 记忆犹新
Though I had been to England as a baby I did not remember it.出自： R. Campbell
He remembered him clearly; he was proud of his memory.出自： G. Vidal
Remember that the best beauty bonus is a smile.出自： V. Bramwell
I can remember when I first learnt to tell the time.出自： A. Ghosh
Remember to fill out a Customs form declaring the contents of your parcel.出自：Choice
- remember to-v, remember v-ing
- 1.remember后接动名词和动词不定式所表达的意思不同。接动名词时表示“记得过去已做过某事”,做事的时间早于记忆的发生时间; 接动词不定式时表示“记住将要做某事”,做事的时间相当于或晚于记忆的发生时间。试比较以下两个句子的含义：
- I remember locking the door as I left the house.
- I remembered to lock the door as I left the house.
- I can't remember his/him/Haas's going there before.
- You must remember to finish your exercise on your own.
- remember v-ing, remember having done, remember have done
- remember, memorize
- 这两个词都可表示“记住”。它们的区别是：memorize通常表示本身需要加强记忆、记熟; remember表示的是事物较长时间留在记忆中,是可记得的、可想起的、可回忆起来的。例如:
- She can memorize facts very quickly.她能很快记住许多资料。
- An actor must be able to memorize his lines.演员须善于熟记台词。
- remember, mind, recall, recollect, remind
- I can still recall your saying to me that you were going to be a lawyer.我还记得清你对我说过你要当律师的事。
- I don't recall where to meet her.我不能记起在哪儿见过她。
- I don't recall how to do it.我不能记忆起怎样做那事。
- Now,I remember.We met for the first time in the Dabie Mountains.哦,我想起来了。我们第一次是在大别山见面的。
- I have never had this kind of experience since I can remember.自我记事以来,我从来没有这样的经历。
- She caught herself remembering how things were there twenty years before.她不由自主地回想起20年前那里的情景。
- 4.remind指通过媒介或激发力而“想起”。 例如:
- The picture reminded him of his home and family in Taiwan.这幅画使他想起了在台湾的故乡和亲人。
- The time of year reminds me how the months have gone.每年这个时候都使我想起那些月份是怎么过去的。
- She sat there quietly and began to recollect their happy holidays.她静静地坐在那儿,开始回忆起他们愉快的假日。
误 Do you remember to get some medicine for her last week?
正 Do you remember getting some medicine for her last week?
析 表达“记得(曾经做过某事)”时, remember后应跟动名词,不跟不定式。我记住了他跟我说的话。
误 I'm remembering what he said to me.
正 I remember what he said to me.我记得在我的口袋里有一张罗马地图。
误 I am remembering leaving a map of Rome in the pocket.
正 I remember leaving a map of Rome in the pocket.
误 Remember closing the window, won't you?
正 Remember to close the window, won't you?
析 表示“记住要(做某事),没忘记(去做某事)”,含有某事尚未做的意思时, remember后应跟动词不定式。你能代我向你家人问好吗?
误 Will you kindly remember me for your family?
正 Will you kindly remember me to your family?
析 “代…向…问好”应说remember sb to sb else,其中介词to不能改为for。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的remembrer，意为回忆起；最初源自古典拉丁语的rememorari：re （再） + memorari （留意），意为能够再次想起。