- [C]笔记,摘记 short written record to aid the memory
- [C]短信,短笺 short letter
- [U]注意 notice; attention
- [C]照会 official diplomatic letter
- [C]评注,注释 short comment on or explanation of a word or passage in a book, etc.
- [U]暗示,含义 hint or suggestion of sth
- [C]纸币 piece of paper money issued by a bank
- vt. 记录 write down in order to remember
- vt. 注意 notice; pay attention to
- a brief written record;
"he made a note of the appointment"
- a short personal letter;
"drop me a line when you get there"
- a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound;
"the singer held the note too long"
- a tone of voice that shows what the speaker is feeling;
"there was a note of uncertainty in his voice"
- a characteristic emotional quality;
"it ended on a sour note"
"there was a note of gaiety in her manner"
"he detected a note of sarcasm"
- a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank);
"he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
- a comment or instruction (usually added);
"his notes were appended at the end of the article"
"he added a short notation to the address on the envelope"
- high status importance owing to marked superiority;
"a scholar of great eminence"
- a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time;
"I had to co-sign his note at the bank"
- make mention of;
"She observed that his presentation took up too much time"
"They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- notice or perceive;
"She noted that someone was following her"
"mark my words"
- observe with care or pay close attention to;
"Take note of this chemical reaction"
- make a written note of;
"she noted everything the teacher said that morning"
- Students should take notes during the lectures.
- Seeing nobody at home, he decided to leave a note.
- I'd like to break this 50 dollars note.
- It was only momentary--a sad note as out of an old song--and then it was gone.
- You should pay off the note before our next cooperation.
- Pay attention to the notes on each page;those notes might be the focus of our exam.
- There was a note of warning in what he said.
- I failed to note that he had left.
- Let me note down your address and telephone number.
- The meaning of this sentence is noted on the lower right part of the page.
She lectured without notes.
The speaker forgot his notes so he had to talk from memory.
He wrote me a note asking if I would come.
He left a note saying he would see us again .
Just a note to let you know that I am going abroad on Saturday.
I made some notes in the margin.
I really couldn't understand the text — I had to refer to the notes at the back.
The difficult points are explained in the notes to the text.
The notes to the poems are published in a separate volume.
Many notes were exchanged between the two governments.
The book ended on an optimistic note.
Although the company still has some difficulties, the director's report ended on an optimistic note.
There was a note of anger in her voice.
Do you want the money in notes or coins?
Give me the change in notes.
How much of the money is in notes?
A villager had noted the number of the truck.
Our class notes the weather daily on a chart.
Please note the enclosed instructions.
It is both important and necessary to note this difference.
They kept a strict watch over the patient to note the slightest change in his condition.
The contents of the letter have been carefully noted.
Our shortcomings must be noted.
Some errors and shortcomings must also be noted.
This is a circumstance worthy of being noted.
Note how to do it.
Note how to spell my new name.
I failed to note that he had left.
Mother noted that the window was open.
They failed to note that she had put the papers in her pocket.
It is worthwhile to note that both suffered persecution.
You will note that proper nouns begin with a capital letter.
Please note that this usage is now obsolete.
On entering the garden I noted that spring had come round.
You may have noted that my address has changed.
Please note that this bill must be paid within ten days.
We must note that the growth of the economy is uneven.
Please note how the machine is operated.
I took special care to note how the trees grew.
Note closely what I am saying.
Now note what I do next.
Note when the machine will stop.
It should be noted that no one would like to take his place.
They noted David to be too clever.
I noted a change came over his face.
- compare notes
交换意见 exchange ideas
The two rival coaches got together after the game to compare notes. 比赛后,双方教练聚在一起交换看法。
After comparing notes we found that we both had the same opinion of Jones's work. 经过交换意见,我们发现我们两人对琼斯的工作情况看法一致。
- 交换意见 exchange ideas
- make〔take〕 notes (of)
做笔记,记录 keep the minutes; record
Make notes of how much money you spend on the trip. 把旅途中的开支记录下来。
He takes notes in class. 他上课记笔记。
All the students have taken notes of his lecture. 他讲的课所有的学生都做了笔记。
He sat taking notes of everything that was said. 他坐在那里把说的每句话都记了下来。
- 做笔记,记录 keep the minutes; record
- of note
值得注意的,重要的,非凡的 important, distinguished, well-known, etc.
Did anything of note happen at the meeting? 会上有值得注意的事情发生吗?
Washington is a man of note. 华盛顿是位著名人物。
- 值得注意的,重要的,非凡的 important, distinguished, well-known, etc.
- strike〔sound〕 a note
表示某种感情或观点 express feelings, views, etc. of the stated kind
She sounded a note of warning in her speech. 她在讲话中表示要引起警惕。
Let me strike a note of hopefulness; this job will not be as hard as you think. 我对这工作抱着一种希望的态度,它不会像你想象的那么艰苦。
- 表示某种感情或观点 express feelings, views, etc. of the stated kind
- take note of
注意,留意 pay attention to
The committee has taken note of objections. 该委员会已注意到反对意见。
Take note of what I say and please don't forget it. 注意我说的话,别忘了。
You must take note of what you read. 你必须注意到你阅读的东西。
- 注意,留意 pay attention to
- note down( v.+adv. )
记下 record in writing note sth ⇔ down
The Secretary notes down the date of the meeting in her memorandum book.秘书把会议日期都写在记事本上。
Note down everything that is worth remembering.请把所有值得记的内容都记下来。
My wife notes down everything she thinks she should remember.我妻子总是记下她认为该记的事。
He noted down the prisoners' names.他把罪犯们的姓名记录下来。
He noted down what he had to do next day on a piece of paper.他把第二天必须做的事一一记在一张纸上。
Those visitors noted down their impression of the city.这些来宾记下他们对这座城市的观感。
You don't have to note down all the details.你不用记下每一个细节。
I expect you've noted down the main points.我想,你已经把要点都记下来了。
His secretary noted down the details of the plan.他的秘书把这个方案的细节都记下来了。用于 be ～ed 结构
His speech was noted down for publication.他的讲话已记录下来以备发表。
He always talks slowly, assuming that every word that he says should be noted down.他说话总是很慢,认为他说的每一个字都该记下来。
- 记下 record in writing note sth ⇔ down
- be noted for( v.+prep. )
因…而闻名 be famous or well-known because of sth be noted for sth/v-ing
The cook is noted for his cake.这个厨师以做蛋糕而著名。
This strain is noted for its vigorous growth and resistance to low temperature.这个品种的特点是生长力强,能抗低温。
The town is noted for its health resort.这个城镇以疗养胜地而闻名。
Jim is noted for arriving late for work.吉姆上班迟到出了名。
- 因…而闻名 be famous or well-known because of sth be noted for sth/v-ing
- address a note 写信
- arrange one's notes 整理笔记
- change one's note 改变态度
- compare notes 交换意见
- compose a note 写便笺
- deliver a note 送信,捎信
- drop a note 送信,捎信
- exchange notes 交换意见
- go over notes 复习笔记
- keep notes on 继续记…的笔记
- leave a note behind 留下一张便条
- make notes 记笔记
- pen a note 写一张便条
- send a note 送信,捎信
- structure notes 整理笔记
- take notes 记笔记
- write a note 写个便条
- careful notes 详细笔记
- complete notes 完整的笔记
- every note 每个音符
- false note 走调的音
- fresh note 新颖的调子
- half note 半音符
- helpful notes 有用的注解
- high note 高音
- loose-leaf note 活页笔记簿
- low note 低音
- marginal notes 旁注
- mental note 心记
- optimistic note 乐观的气氛
- personal note 个人特色
- short-hand note 速记簿
- triumphant note 胜利的口气,凯旋的口气
- whole note 全音符
- advice note 通知单
- bank note 纸币
- bookkeeping note 传票
- class notes 课堂笔记
- classroom notes 课堂笔记
- demand note 见票即付的票据,即期票据
- foot note 脚注
- lecture notes 讲课笔记
- pound note 一英镑票面的钞票
- protest note 抗议照会
- treasury note 代替一镑(或十先令)的金币或纸币,财政部证券
- note book 笔记本
- speak from notes 根据提纲发言
- person of note 著名人士
- on a friendly note 友好的气氛
- works of Milton with notes 附有注释的弥尔顿著作
- notes for study 学习参考注解
- note from 来自…的信件
- note of hand 期票
- note of invitation 请帖
- note of thanks 感谢信
- notes to an article 文章的注解
- notes to Chapter Ⅲ 第三章的注释
- note content 记录内容
- note date 记录日期
- note main points 记录要点
- note name 记录姓名
- note the number 记录号码
- note time 记录时间
- note details 注意细节
- note difference 注意差别
- note error 注意错误
- note instructions 注意说明
- note rule 注意规则
- note sb's words 注意某人的话
- note shortcoming 注意缺点
- note weather 注意天气
- note authoritatively 权威性地记录
- note closely 仔细地注意
- note consciously 清醒地注意
- note curiously 好奇地注意
- note faithfully 忠实地记载
- note fragmentarily 不完全地记录
- note ironically 讽刺地记录
- note marginally 很少注意
- note officially 正式地记录
- note prophetically 提前记录
- note satirically 嘲讽地记录
- note simultaneously 同时记录
- note down 记录下来
- be noteed for 因…而闻名
She..hummed..and did not make a single false note.出自：W. Irving
He ran upstairs, noting Gertrude's suitcase in the..bedroom.出自：I. Murdoch
The major thing to note..is that they never were songs for individuals.出自：S. Biko
- note的基本意思是“笔记,摘记”,指用来记录平时一些需要记住的事情的短小记录; 也可指为了通知某人某事而写下的“短小信笺”。“记笔记”可以说make a note (of),也可说take notes (of),后者更常见。
- note还可作“纸币”解, in notes指“以纸币的形式”,介词in不可用其他介词代替,且notes须用复数形式。note后常可接介词短语、动词不定式或分词短语作定语。
- take a note of是“做笔记”的意思,但如果变成take note of时则变成了“注意”。
- note用作动词时指“将某事写在纸上”,以便于以后查找,即“记录”; 还可指被某人或某物所吸引而把精力投入在其中,即“注意”。
- note, bill
这两个词的意思都是“钞票”,二者的用法基本相同,经常可以互换使用。其主要的区别在于:bill为美国用词,而note为英国用词。例如:I have five one-dollar bills.我有五张1美元的钞票。She gave me four five-pound notes.她给了我四张5英镑的纸币。
- note, mark
这两个词的共同意思是“注释”。其区别是：note不能用来指教师在批阅学生作业或试卷时所写的分数或划的符号,而mark则可以; note表示在书中对某一个词、一个人物、一个事件、一段话等所作的简短评论或解释。例如:He made a few marks on the page with his pen.他用笔在纸上画了一些符号。
- note, attend, heed, mind, notice
这组词都可表示“注意”或“详细观察”。其区别在于：1.mind强调“用心”“全心全意”,多用于祈使句中。例如:Mind that you don't forget to tell him.记住,别忘了告诉他。Mind out, there's a car coming.小心,一辆汽车开过来了。2.attend指把注意力集中在某事上而不分心、不走神,常后接介词to。例如:Peter attends school, but doesn't attend to his lesson.彼得上学去了,却没认真听课。He attended to his business.他专心于他的事务。He didn't attend to the point you spoke of.他没有注意到你说的要点。3.heed强调注意某件事的过程,是正式用语,多用于书面语。例如:If she heeded what the teacher told her, she might make better progress.如果她多留意老师对她说的话,她也许会有更大的进步。She countered that her advice had not been heeded.她反驳说她的建议未被重视。4.notice指偶然一眼无意识地注意到了某个细节,而此细节对一些大的格局来说可能很是重要的。例如:He slipped away when we were not noticing.我们没注意时,他就溜走了。He didn't notice you when you passed by.你走过时,他没有注意到你。I noticed with great satisfaction that you made great progress.我很满意地看到,你取得了很大的进步。5.note既可像notice那样觉察到某个细节,又可像attend, heed那样付出注意力,专心于某事,多用于祈使句中,且语气较强。例如:The president's every word was noted down.总统的每句话都被记录下来。Note how I do it, then copy me.注意看我是怎么做的,然后照着做。Note when the machine will stop.注意这台机器什么时候停。
- note, notice, observe, perceive
这组词都有“注意”“观察”的意思。其区别是：perceive指使用各种感觉器官去了解事物; notice指观察并注意到某个重要却又很容易被忽略掉的细节; note比notice意味更强烈,指不但注意到,而且记录下来,但有时只指思想上注意到并记在脑中; observe指在方便有利的位置上注意观察、研究某事物或现象,强调思想高度集中,态度严谨客观,但此词多用于科研方面。
- letter note correspondence message
误 He made〔took〕 (a) note of the lecture.
正 He made〔took〕 notes of the lecture.
误 She sent notes of thanks to her host.
正 She sent a note of thanks to her host.
析 note作“笔记”解时,其后须加s; 作“书信”解时,其后不加s。
误 I will take note of what you have told me.
正 I will take notes of what you have told me.
析 take notes of表示“记录”,而take note of表示“注意”。
误 I wrote him a notice saying that the package had arrived.
正 I wrote him a note saying that the package had arrived.
析 notice通常指在公共场所公布的通知, note意为“便条”。
误 There were notes of anger in what he said.
正 There was a note of anger in what he said.
- ☆ 13世纪初期英进入语，直接源自古法语的noter；最初源自拉丁语的notare，意为信件。
- NOTE:Not Over There Either (also see NIMBY and BANANA)不在那里(也看到NIMBY和香蕉)
- NOTE:Not Of This Earth没有这个地球
- NOTE:Network Office Terminating Equipment网络办公终止设备
- note:note n. 笔记, 短信, (外交)照会, 注解, 注释, 票据, 纸币, 音符vt. 注意, 记录, 笔记 英英解释:名词note:1. a short personal letter同义词：s…