- vt. & vi. 学; 学习; 研究 make efforts to acquire knowledge; work; learn
- [U] 学习,学业,读书 an act of studying one or more subjects
- [U] 研究 a thorough enquiry into a particular subject, especially including a piece of writing on it
- [C] 书房 a room used for learning
- a detailed critical inspection
- applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading);
"mastering a second language requires a lot of work"
"no schools offer graduate study in interior design"
- a written document describing the findings of some individual or group;
"this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale"
- a state of deep mental absorption;
"she is in a deep study"
- a room used for reading and writing and studying;
"he knocked lightly on the closed door of the study"
- a branch of knowledge;
"in what discipline is his doctorate?"
"teachers should be well trained in their subject"
"anthropology is the study of human beings"
- preliminary drawing for later elaboration;
"he made several studies before starting to paint"
- attentive consideration and meditation;
"after much cogitation he rejected the offer"
- someone who memorizes quickly and easily (as the lines for a part in a play);
"he is a quick study"
- a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performer's technique;
"a study in spiccato bowing"
- consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning;
"analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"
"analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"
"analyze your real motives"
- be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning
- give careful consideration to;
"consider the possibility of moving"
- be a student of a certain subject;
"She is reading for the bar exam"
- learn by reading books;
"He is studying geology in his room"
"I have an exam next week; I must hit the books now"
- think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes;
"He is meditating in his study"
- This reference book is very useful to our study.
- He persisted in the study of law.
- His years of study were useful in his job.
- Physiology is the study of how living things work.
- She secludes herself in her study to work.
- She stood there in a brown study.
- Harry was a confounded slow study.
- He is a quick study.
- Scientists are studying the photographs of Mars for signs of life.
- I like to study in the library.
- She has been awarded a scholarship to study at Harvard.
- He studied himself in the mirror.
- He always studied to avoid disagreeable topics.
You can study by yourself.
He's studying at home now; he has left school.
He went to Oxford to study.
Severe criticisms from his teacher prompted him to study hard.
More men will be sent to study abroad.
He often studied late into the night.
The child will not study unless you stand over him.
He was studying to be a doctor.
We will study to avoid making mistakes.
You'll have to keep studying hard to stay ahead of the others.
He is studying German.
I'm thinking of studying engineering by mail.
Helen studied her spelling lesson for half an hour.
For a year he studied English with a foreign teacher.
We must study their experience in running factories.
The committee will study the tax plan thoroughly.
I studied him pretty closely at one time.
He looked at her hard, studying her face.
He was studying the map.
He studied the picture, which had been taken in the summer time.
I will study the matter and give you my opinion .
This school studies the needs of all the children in it.
The works of Picasso are studied by many people in the world.
They are studying what to do next Sunday.
He studied how to finish the work in the shortest possible time.
I must study why he killed himself.
They study themselves a little silly.
My brother is fond of study.
He went out after an hour's study.
His enthusiasm for study struck his teacher favorably.
The teacher told the class to settle down and begin their study.
Facts show that correct study methods are very important.
There are no rooms specifically set aside for quiet study.
I shall not end my studies when I leave school.
At last he persuaded his father to allow him to begin his studies at Harvard.
He made great progress in his studies.
How are your medical studies progressing?
She was returning from her music studies in Vienna.
The matter is under study.
My studies will bear good fruit.
His studies covered a wide field.
He followed up his linguistic studies till he died.
During his imprisonment of three years he applied himself to serious studies.
He made a study of Shakespeare's plays.
He made a study of economics.
Professor White makes a special study of English.
The city prepared a study on the slum problem.
The committee made a thorough study of the causes of civil disorders.
The government has ordered a feasibility study in connection with the proposed new airport.
I read your study of farming with interest.
Biology is the study of living things.
She took up the study of Latin with him.
He was busy in his study.
You will find him in his study.
The old man sat reading in his study.
The Chinese pictures hang now in my study.
Show the guest into the study.
He is a study in contradictions.
The guest is vigorous while the host is a study in poor health.
- study for (v.+prep.)
为准备(考试等)而努力学习 work hard at learning (from sth such as a book) in preparation for (sth such as an examination) study for sth
We study for knowledge, not for marks.我们为求知而学习,不是为分数而学习。
It's difficult to study for a law degree in evening classes while working during the day.白天工作而靠晚上上夜校取得法学学位不是件容易的事。
He is studying for the bar.他为准备做律师而学习。study sth for sth
Please be quiet,I have to study this book for a test tomorrow.请不要说话,明天要考试了,我得看这本书。
- 为准备(考试等)而努力学习 work hard at learning (from sth such as a book) in preparation for (sth such as an examination) study for sth
- study out (v.+adv.)
研究出,苦思冥想后解决 find out by study, succeed in finding out by hard thinkingThey have studied out the best way.他们已研究出最好的办法。
He has studied out the mystery. 他解开了这个谜。
Finally she studied out the maths problem. 最后她解出了那道数学题。
- 为…订出计划,设计,拟定 make a plan for, devise, plotWe studied out a plan for increasing production.我们拟出了一个增产计划。
- 研究出,苦思冥想后解决 find out by study, succeed in finding out by hard thinkingThey have studied out the best way.他们已研究出最好的办法。
- study under (v.+prep.)
在(某人)指导下学习 have sb as one's teacher, usually at a high level study under sb
Jane will be lucky to study under such a famous singer.简能在这样一位著名歌唱家指导下学习,太幸运了。
- 在(某人)指导下学习 have sb as one's teacher, usually at a high level study under sb
- study up (v.+adv.)
为某种目的而专门阅读,查阅 do special reading about sth for a specific purpose study sth ⇔ up
I knew very well about the matter because I'd studied it up in a book.那件事我很熟悉,因为我曾在一本书中查阅过。study up on sb/sth
We should study up on the map before we set out.我们出发前应该好好研究一下地图。
I'll get a little closer, and study up on him.我要靠近一些,仔细看看他。
为考试等而钻研 get up for an examination, etc. study up
He's studying up now.他现在正在为准备考试而用功。
- 为某种目的而专门阅读,查阅 do special reading about sth for a specific purpose study sth ⇔ up
- in a brown study
沉思,默想,出神 in deep thought; in a reverie
I didn't speak to him as he seemed to be in a brown study. 我没有跟他说话,因为他好像在沉思。
- 沉思,默想,出神 in deep thought; in a reverie
- study a map 仔细查阅地图
- study economics 学经济学
- study engineering 学工程学
- study English 学英语
- study French 学法语
- study medicine 学医
- study painting 学画画
- study philosophy 学哲学
- study Shakespeare 研究莎士比亚的作品
- study the menu 细阅菜单
- study the needs of the people 研究人民的需要
- study the next move 考虑下一步行动
- study the problem 研究这个问题
- study the programme 细阅节目单
- study the social matters 研究社会问题
- study the structure of the bridge 研究桥的结构
- study abroad 出国学习
- study carefully 仔细地研究
- study closely 仔细地研究
- study curiously 好奇地打量
- study deeply 深入钻研
- study diligently 勤奋学习
- study earnestly 认真学习
- study extensively 广泛地研究
- study hard 努力学习
- study laboriously 刻苦学习
- study minutely 详细地研究
- study privately 自学
- study silently 默默地研究
- study systematically 系统地学习
- study theoretically 理论上研究
- study thoroughly 彻底地研究
- study out 研究出,苦思后解决
- study out a mystery 解开奥秘
- study out a new system 研究出一套新的体系
- study out a plan 拟出一计划
- study out a puzzle 解开一个谜
- study up 为某种目的而专门阅读,查阅,钻研
- study up on 对…进行仔细研究
- study at school 上学
- study by mail 通过函授学习
- study by oneself 自学
- study for a degree 攻读学位
- study from〔under,with〕 sb 跟某人学习
- study in college 在大学学习
- study into a matter 调查某事
- study into a subject 钻研问题
- study under a well-known professor 在著名教授指导下学习〔研究〕
- study without a teacher 自学
- begin one's study 开始学习
- carry on one's study 进行学习
- complete study 完成学业
- conduct a study of 进行…的研究
- continue one's study 继续学习
- deserve further study 需要进一步研究
- devote oneself to the study 致力于研究
- do a study 进行研究
- drop one's medical study 放弃学医
- engage in study 从事研究
- finish one's study 完成学业
- focus one's study on 集中精力研究…
- further the study of 进一步研究…
- give up one's study 放弃研究〔学业〕
- make a study of 研究…
- neglect one's study 忽视研究
- promote the study of 促进…的研究
- prosecute further study 从事进一步研究,深造
- receive study 得到研究
- require study 需要研究
- stimulate the study of 促进对…的研究
- take up a study 开始研究〔学习〕
- undertake a study of 对…进行研究
- advanced study 高级的研究
- analytical study 分析性研究
- candid study 公正的研究
- careful study 细心的研究
- classical study 古代文化的研究
- comparative study 比较性研究
- complicated study 复杂的研究
- comprehensive study 全面的研究
- curious study 好奇的审视
- daily study 每日的学习
- daring study 大胆的研究
- deep study 深入研究〔学习〕
- diligent study 勤奋学习
- delightful study 愉快学习
- desperate study 拼命的学习
- detailed study 详细的研究
- economic study 经济研究
- extensive study 广泛的调查
- fossil study 化石研究
- further study 进一步研究,深造
- graduate study 研究生学习
- historical study 历史研究
- immediate study 直接的调查
- independent study 独立学习
- intensive study 精深的调查
- intimate study 私人调查
- judicial study 司法研究
- mathematical study 数学研究
- modern study 近代研究
- passionate study 热情的学习
- patient study 耐心的研究
- philosophical study 哲学上的研究
- practical study 实际调查
- proper study 适当的调查
- rational study 合理的调查
- rigorous study 严密的研究
- scientific study 科学的研究
- special study 专门研究
- systematic study 系统的研究
- time-and-motion study 操作和工时的研究
- case study 个案研究,案例研究
- feasibility study 可行性研究
- language study 语言研究
- nature study (小学课程中的)自然课
- word study 词的研究
- after study 学习以后
- at one's study 从事学习
- by hard study 通过刻苦学习
- in a brown study 在沉思中
- under study 在研究中
- works under study 研究中的作品
The Man, who, stretch'd in Isis' calm retreat, To books and study gives sev'n years complete.出自：Pope
Attempts to broaden the syllabus by including the study of atheism.出自：Times
To Athens flies; Intensely studies with the Learn'd and Wise.出自：P. Francis
study作名词指“学习”时，可以说the study of Chinese, studies in Chinese, Chinese studies等，但很少说Chinese study。注意Chinese studies比the study of Chinese范围广，不仅包括汉语还有中国文学。有的时侯只能用studies，不可用study。
He is continuing his studies.
Do you still pursue medical studies?
This article is a penetrating study of the D. J. Simpson case.
The book is a study in Chinese culture.
- study的基本意思是“学习”,表示抽象的行为,用作不可数名词; 表示具体的“学业”时,通常用复数形式; 表示对某一课题的“研究”,一般在其前加冠词并跟介词of连用, of后接研究的内容或对象,用作可数名词; 作“书房”解时,用作可数名词。
- study, contemplate, consider, weigh
这四个词都可表示“考虑”。contemplate指沉思默想,强调持久的、冷静的、注意力集中的思维,但不包含思维的目的、方法或结果; consider是一般用语,指某人在对具体事情作出决定之前进行更自觉、深度和广度更大、目的性更强的思索; study语气比consider更强些,指某人对某问题进行持久的、有目的的、慎重而细致的研究,根据此项所得的结果作出计划或采取某一行动; weigh指某人在作出决策前把一事物和别的事仔细进行比较,在心中权衡,考虑其利害和全局需要,再选择对其有利的东西。
- study, learn
这两个词的共同意思是“学习”。其区别是：1.learn侧重指通过经验、练习或经别人指教而获得知识或技能,强调结果;而study指专心钻研而获得知识,有探讨和研究的意思,强调学习的过程。例如:He was studying the map.他正在仔细看地图。2.学习技能(如to swim)只能用learn,不能用 study 。3.“向某人学习”只能用learn,不能用study。例如:We should learn from the advanced workers.我们应该向先进工作者学习。4.“在…学习”只能用study,而不能用learn。例如:Mary is studying at the University.玛丽在这所大学学习。
- learn study
误 He is pursuing his studying in Australia.
正 He is pursuing his studies in Australia.
析 表示“求学”,应该说 pursue one's studies,其中 study 通常要用复数形式。
误 We should study from Comrade Lei Feng.
正 We should learn from Comrade Lei Feng.
析 study 和learn 都可以表示“学习”, study 含有“研究”的意思, learn 指模仿性地学习。
误 He is doing a study of ancient history.
正 He is making a study of ancient history.
析 表示“研究”或“观察”往往用 make a study of结构,这里动词 make 不能用 do 代替。
误 They are studying Physics from Professor Johnson.
正 They are studying Physics under Professor Johnson.
析 表示“在某人指导下研究、工作等”,可用study sth under sb结构。
错句：routine screening for breast cancer is to be extended to older women in a study announced by the government yesterday.
纠正：routine screening for breast cancer is to be extended to older women according to a government study.
- ☆ 12世纪初期进英入语，直接源自古法语的estudier，意为学习；最初源自拉丁语的studium，意为应用。
- study:study n. 学习, 研究, 学科, 试作, 论文, 求学, 努力, 书房vt. 学习, 攻读, 研究, 考虑, 计划vi. 学习, 试图习惯用语Afro-American [black] -di…