- vt. 检查；调查；考试；仔细观察
- vi. 检查；调查
- vt. 仔细检查 look at carefully in order to learn about or from
- vt. 考试,考核 ask questions to find out what sb knows or what they can do
- vt. 审查,审问 investigate; interrogate
consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning;
"analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"
"analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"
"analyze your real motives"
observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect;
"The customs agent examined the baggage"
"I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
question or examine thoroughly and closely
put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to;
"This approach has been tried with good results"
"Test this recipe"
- The doctor examined her carefully.
- Examine the account well before you pay it.
- He was unable to examine the issue with detachment.
- The teacher will examine the students in English.
- He went to the Congo to examine a new volcano.
- Examine the falsework of a house.
- Right mouse button Examine game objects.
- The OFT will also examine customer satisfaction.
- It is necessary to examine how the proposals can be carried out.
- The doctor examined the child and said she was healthy.
- I examined the door and found it was locked.
- He roughly examined the old records.
- They examined our passports very carefully.
- Several engineers went to the workshop to examine a model.
- Bass examined the quality of the furniture critically.
- He examined the man with a penetrating gaze.
- He examined the specimen microscopically.
- He examined every thing, every drawing in the museum.
- People always examine and handle problems in the light of their own experience.
- They examined the animal tracks and decided that they were those of a fox.
- The policeman examined the suspicious man.
- The Upper House appointed a committee to examine a bill which the Assembly had already passed.
- All candidates must first of all be orally examined.
- He was examined by the police.
- They were examining whether this matter was good or bad.
- If she wants to go swimming in this weather she needs her head examined!
- He wanted his eyes examined, as he often had headaches.
- examine for (v.+prep.)
检〔审〕查; 检验…以寻找(毛病、错误等) look at (sb/sth) carefully, searching for (sth such as a fault)
examine sb/sth for sth
The doctor examined him for possible heart disease.
They are examining the wall of my house for cracks.
- examine in (v.+prep.)
在(某方面)考查〔测试〕(某人) ask (sb) questions to test his knowledge of (a subject)
examine sb in sth
The teacher will examine the students in music.
- examine into (v.+prep.)
调查,查问 inquire into
examine into sth
Let's examine into the basic mechanism involved.
We need to examine into details.
They spent some time examining into the rumor that an underground passage led from the castle to the marsh.
They examined into his conduct.
- examine on (v.+prep.)
在(某方面)审问(某人) interrogate (sb) on (sth)
- examine a map 查看地图
- examine a new theory 审查一种新的理论
- examine a place 查看某地
- examine a plan 审查计划
- examine a witness 审问证人
- examine accounts 审查账目
- examine evidence 审查证据
- examine one's conscience 反省
- examine one's own heart 反省,扪心自问
- examine oneself 反省
- examine picture 审查一幅画
- examine prisoners 审问犯人
- examine report 审查报告
- examine sb's baggage 检查某人的行李
- examine sb's motives 研究某人的动机
- examine students 考学生
- examine the cause of one's failure 检查失败的原因
- examine the draft budget 审查概算草案
- examine the essence of sth 考察某事物的实质
- examine the key 检查钥匙
- examine the quality of a product 检查产品的质量
- examine the records 检查记录
- examine the situation 研究形势
- examine attentively 专心地考试
- examine blindly 盲目地检查
- examine briefly 短暂地检查
- examine carefully 仔细审查
- examine clinically 临床检查
- examine closely 仔细审查
- examine critically 挑剔地检查
- examine curiously 不寻常地考试
- examine expertly 专业性地检查
- examine fruitlessly 无效果地检查
- examine gravely 仔细审查
- examine microscopically 用显微镜观察
- examine minutely 仔细地检查
- examine orally 口试
- examine periodically 定期检查
- examine roughly 粗略地检查
- examine separately 单独考察
- examine subsequently 连续地检查
- examine superficially 表面上地检查
- examine thoroughly 全面彻底地检查
- examine thoughtfully 仔细地检查
- examine by touch 触诊
- examine for 检查,查找
- examine the wall for cracks 查看墙面是否有裂缝
- examine in 考…(学科)
- examine in chemistry 考化学
- examine in physics 考物理
- examine into a matter 调查一件事情
- examine into a rumour 对谣言进行调查
- examine into an affair 对某事进行调查
- examine into details 审查细节
- examine into the basic mechanism 搞清楚基本结构
- examine into the question 研究一下问题
- examine on 在(学识的某具体方面)测验
- examine through the binoculars 通过双筒望远镜观察
- examine with the eye 凭肉眼检测
- examine with the nose 凭嗅觉检测
She examined the shelves, note-book in hand.出自： C. P. Snow
The man in front was having his passport examined.出自： L. Hellman
He..walks nervously around the room examining books and paintings.出自： Le Roi Jones
- examine in, examine on
- examine, inspect, investigate, scrutinize
- 这四个词均有“检查”“审查”的含义。它们之间的区别是:examine为最普通的用语,可指任何方式地、粗略或仔细地检查; inspect和scrutinize都有仔细检查的含义,前者强调通过检查找出缺点或漏洞,后者强调在检查时注意细节的审视。另外examine, inspect, scrutinize既可用于人,又可用于物,而investigate只能用于表示对情况、事态等的调查或检查。试体会下例中这四个词的运用:The detective investigating the murder case examined the body, inspected the scene of the crime, and scrutinized the weapon for clues.正在调查这一谋杀案的侦探检查了尸体,察看了犯罪现场,并仔细检查了凶器以寻找线索。
误 We'll examine English tomorrow.
正 We're being examined in English tomorrow.
正 We're being examined on the knowledge of English tomorrow.
析 表示“考某一科目”常用“examine sb in+科目”这种结构,也可以说“examine sb on the knowledge of+科目”,但不可直接接“科目”作宾语。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的examiner，意为质问；最初源自拉丁语的examinare，意为测量，检查。