- n. 复习；回顾；检讨；评审
- vt. 检阅；评论；温习；检讨
- vi. 写评论
- [U][C]回顾,检查,检讨,重新考虑 reviewing
- [C][U]评论性刊物,评论 a magazine or newspaper article that gives a judgment on a new book, play, television show, etc.
- [C]检阅 an official show of the armed forces in the presence of a king, president, high-ranking officer, etc.
- vt. 回顾 consider carefully an event or situation
- vt. & vi. 写…的评论文章 write a review of
a new appraisal or evaluation
an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment
(accounting) a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that provides some assurance to interested parties as to the reliability of financial data
a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians
a periodical that publishes critical essays on current affairs or literature or art
a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
(law) a judicial reexamination of the proceedings of a court (especially by an appellate court)
practice intended to polish performance or refresh the memory
a formal or official examination;
"the platoon stood ready for review"
"we had to wait for the inspection before we could use the elevator"
look at again; examine again;
"let's review your situation"
"She reviews books for the New York Times"
"Please critique this performance"
hold a review (of troops)
refresh one's memory;
"I reviewed the material before the test"
look back upon (a period of time, sequence of events); remember;
"she reviewed her achievements with pride"
- Before the examination we have a review of the term's work.
- A succinct review of this problem with an excellent bibliography has recently appeared.
- Perhaps we need a quick review of what we've gone through so far.
- Implementation of this phase is under review subject to the finalisation of the statutory plan.
- This document defines an overall peer review process.
- On the square, the commander reviewed the powerful and grandiose guard of honor.
- The commander is sitting in front of the rostrum, waiting to review the troops.
- He promised to review the film in one of the evening papers.
- Even if you are one of the best students in the class, in order to maintain your grades you must review your lessons often.
- They review their lessons night after night.
- Whether the authorities will review if the uniforms for disciplined services officers are suited to different weather conditions?
- Sometimes he reviewed for the principal papers.
- These arrangements are subject to periodic reviews.
- All prices are subject to review.
- Before the examinations we had a review of the term's work.
- That magazine contains good reviews of the movies.
- I hope your new book gets favourable reviews.
- The play got splendid reviews.
- Have you read the review of his latest novel?
- The soldiers were in full uniform for the review.
- Before falling asleep,Helen reviewed the day's happenings.
- He reviewed the whole of his past life.
- During the talk they reviewed international problems of mutual interest.
- They were understood to have reviewed all major foreign policy issues.
- The President had reviewed the plan and given the green light to the recommendations.
- The airport authorities have promised to review their security arrangements.
- She is reviewing her lessons in the classroom.
- Review your notes as quickly as you can after class.
- You should review important points mentioned in class as well as points you confused about.
- If a student reviews his textbooks regularly, he will understand it better.
- The teacher asked students to review the last lesson.
- She reviewed last week's lessons.
- They review their lessons before the exam.
- He reviews articles in his spare time.
- That morning they reviewed the armed forces.
- Napoleon would always ask the same three questions in the same order when he reviewed his army.
- By law, state pensions must be reviewed once a year.
- Their services were reviewed favourably.
- Have you reviewed what we covered in class yesterday?
- be〔come〕 under〔up〕 (for) review
在复查或重新考虑中 be (due to be) re-examined or reconsidered
- keep under review
不断复查 re-examined sth continually
keep sth under review
Security had been strengthened and would be kept under close and continuous review.
- review for( v.+prep. )
为…而复习 have a reviewing for sth
review for sth
She reviews for The Trends .
Have you reviewed for this newly published novel?
你给这本新出版的小说写书评了吗?review sth for sth
He often reviews today's lessons for tomorrow.
- get a review 得到评论
- receive a review 收到评论
- write review 写评论
- do a review 复习
- give a review of 回顾…
- have a review of 对…进行复习,复习…
- hold a review of troops 举行阅兵式
- march in review 接受检阅
- need a review 需要复习
- pass in review 被逐一看见
- publish review 出版评论刊物
- win review 赢得赞扬
- annual review 年度审核
- brief review 简要回顾
- comprehensive review 全面复习
- critical review 评论
- favorable review 好评
- general review 总复习
- historical review 历史评论
- impartial review 公正的评论
- judicial review 司法审查,司法复核
- negative review 否定的评论
- periodic review 定期审查
- positive review 肯定的评论
- rave review 热烈的好评
- serious review 严肃的评论
- splendid review 极高的评价
- stringent review 严格审查
- unfavorable review 不利的评论
- weekly review 评论周刊
- review a contract 审查一项合同
- review a guard of honour 检阅仪仗队
- review books 为书写评论
- review decision 复查决策
- review plan 审查计划
- review play 评论剧本
- review the day's work 回顾一天的工作
- review the history 回顾历史
- review the past 回顾过去
- review troops 检阅军队
- review yesterday's lesson 复习昨天的功课
- review annually 每年回顾一次
- review briefly 简短回顾
- review elaborately 详细回顾
- review exhaustively 彻底回顾
- review formally 正式回顾
The Sultan..in whose honour a great naval review..was held.出自： Princess Alice
We fell in on parade in review order.出自： attrib.
General Miles..reviewed the parade.出自： J. Dos Passos
- be〔come〕 under review意为“受到评论,在审查中”,本身含有被动意义。
- review the lesson指“温课”，是美式英语，在英式英语中相当于revise the lesson或者go over the lesson；
The author has sent the book to the editor for review.
- review可指“评论”，如the book under review（在本文中评述的这本书）；
- book review指“书评”，也可以指刊物中的“书评栏目”，也可以指“书评杂志”。
- review, criticism
- review指对内容作简略介绍,指出其优劣,而后附加评论者的批评或个人意见; criticism特指根据深入研究及统一标准对书籍、音乐、电影等所写的评论性文章。例如:
- I read a good criticism of South Pacific.我读了一篇有关南太平洋的好文章。
- ☆ 1441年进入英语，直接源自古法语的reveue；最初源自拉丁语的revidere：re (重新) + videre (看），意为重新看或读。