- [U][C]回顾,检查,检讨,重新考虑 reviewing
- [C][U]评论性刊物,评论 a magazine or newspaper article that gives a judgment on a new book, play, television show, etc.
- [C]检阅 an official show of the armed forces in the presence of a king, president, high-ranking officer, etc.
- vt. 回顾 consider carefully an event or situation
- vt. & vi. 写…的评论文章 write a review of
- a new appraisal or evaluation
- an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
- a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment
- (accounting) a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that provides some assurance to interested parties as to the reliability of financial data
- a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians
- a periodical that publishes critical essays on current affairs or literature or art
- a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
- (law) a judicial reexamination of the proceedings of a court (especially by an appellate court)
- practice intended to polish performance or refresh the memory
- a formal or official examination;
"the platoon stood ready for review"
"we had to wait for the inspection before we could use the elevator"
- look at again; examine again;
"let's review your situation"
- appraise critically;
"She reviews books for the New York Times"
"Please critique this performance"
- hold a review (of troops)
- refresh one's memory;
"I reviewed the material before the test"
- look back upon (a period of time, sequence of events); remember;
"she reviewed her achievements with pride"
- Before the examination we have a review of the term's work.
- A succinct review of this problem with an excellent bibliography has recently appeared.
- Perhaps we need a quick review of what we've gone through so far.
- Implementation of this phase is under review subject to the finalisation of the statutory plan.
- This document defines an overall peer review process.
- On the square, the commander reviewed the powerful and grandiose guard of honor.
- The commander is sitting in front of the rostrum, waiting to review the troops.
- He promised to review the film in one of the evening papers.
- Even if you are one of the best students in the class, in order to maintain your grades you must review your lessons often.
- They review their lessons night after night.
- Sometimes he reviewed for the principal papers.
These arrangements are subject to periodic reviews.
All prices are subject to review.
Before the examinations we had a review of the term's work.
That magazine contains good reviews of the movies.
I hope your new book gets favourable reviews.
The play got splendid reviews.
Have you read the review of his latest novel?
The soldiers were in full uniform for the review.
Before falling asleep,Helen reviewed the day's happenings.
He reviewed the whole of his past life.
During the talk they reviewed international problems of mutual interest.
They were understood to have reviewed all major foreign policy issues.
The President had reviewed the plan and given the green light to the recommendations.
The airport authorities have promised to review their security arrangements.
She is reviewing her lessons in the classroom.
Review your notes as quickly as you can after class.
You should review important points mentioned in class as well as points you confused about.
If a student reviews his textbooks regularly, he will understand it better.
The teacher asked students to review the last lesson.
She reviewed last week's lessons.
They review their lessons before the exam.
He reviews articles in his spare time.
That morning they reviewed the armed forces.
Napoleon would always ask the same three questions in the same order when he reviewed his army.
By law, state pensions must be reviewed once a year.
Their services were reviewed favourably.
Have you reviewed what we covered in class yesterday?
- be〔come〕 under〔up〕 (for) review
在复查或重新考虑中 be (due to be) re-examined or reconsidered
Our contracts are currently under review. 我们的合同正在复查。
The draft board's decision is not under review here. 征兵局的决定未在这儿复审。
Your case is coming up for review in May. 你的事情将在五月再研究。
- 在复查或重新考虑中 be (due to be) re-examined or reconsidered
- keep under review
不断复查 re-examined sth continually keep sth under review
Security had been strengthened and would be kept under close and continuous review.保安工作加强了,而且保安问题将不断地受到严密的检查。
- 不断复查 re-examined sth continually keep sth under review
- review for( v.+prep. )
为…写评论 write a review for sth review for sth
She reviews for The Trends .她为《时尚》杂志写评论。
Have you reviewed for this newly published novel?你给这本新出版的小说写书评了吗?
为…而复习 have a reviewing for sth review sth for sth
He often reviews today's lessons for tomorrow.他常为明天上课而复习今天的功课。
- 为…写评论 write a review for sth review for sth
- get a review 得到评论
- receive a review 收到评论
- write review 写评论
- do a review 复习
- give a review of 回顾…
- have a review of 对…进行复习,复习…
- hold a review of troops 举行阅兵式
- march in review 接受检阅
- need a review 需要复习
- pass in review 被逐一看见
- publish review 出版评论刊物
- win review 赢得赞扬
- annual review 年度审核
- brief review 简要回顾
- comprehensive review 全面复习
- critical review 评论
- favorable review 好评
- general review 总复习
- historical review 历史评论
- impartial review 公正的评论
- judicial review 司法审查,司法复核
- negative review 否定的评论
- periodic review 定期审查
- positive review 肯定的评论
- rave review 热烈的好评
- serious review 严肃的评论
- splendid review 极高的评价
- stringent review 严格审查
- unfavorable review 不利的评论
- weekly review 评论周刊
- review a contract 审查一项合同
- review a guard of honour 检阅仪仗队
- review books 为书写评论
- review decision 复查决策
- review plan 审查计划
- review play 评论剧本
- review the day's work 回顾一天的工作
- review the history 回顾历史
- review the past 回顾过去
- review troops 检阅军队
- review yesterday's lesson 复习昨天的功课
- review annually 每年回顾一次
- review briefly 简短回顾
- review elaborately 详细回顾
- review exhaustively 彻底回顾
- review formally 正式回顾
The Sultan..in whose honour a great naval review..was held.出自：Princess Alice
We fell in on parade in review order.出自：attrib.
General Miles..reviewed the parade.出自：J. Dos Passos
- review the lesson指“温课”，是美式英语，在英式英语中相当于revise the lesson或者go over the lesson；
The author has sent the book to the editor for review.
- review可指“评论”，如the book under review（在本文中评述的这本书）；
- book review指“书评”，也可以指刊物中的“书评栏目”，也可以指“书评杂志”。
- be〔come〕 under review意为“受到评论,在审查中”,本身含有被动意义。
- review, criticism
这两个词的共同意思是“评论”。其区别是：review指对内容作简略介绍,指出其优劣,而后附加评论者的批评或个人意见; criticism特指根据深入研究及统一标准对书籍、音乐、电影等所写的评论性文章。例如:I read a good criticism of South Pacific.我读了一篇有关南太平洋的好文章。
- magazine journal periodical publication newspaper review press
- ☆ 1441年进英入语，直接源自古法语的reveue；最初源自拉丁语的revidere：re (重新) + videre (看），意为重新看或读。
- review:review vt. 回顾, 复习n. 回顾, 复习, 评论习惯用语be reviewed favourably 得到 好评be under review 在检查中, 在审查中come under r…