- 做记号于，留痕迹于， 加符号于
- [C]痕迹,污点,斑 stain, spot, line, etc., especially one that spoils the appearance of sth
- [C]分数,等级符号 a number or letter that a teacher gives for your work to show how good it is
- [C]记号,标记 a shape or special sign on sth
- vt. & vi. 在…留下痕迹,标出 make a mark or marks on (sth)
- vt. & vi. 标志,标明 indicate or denote (sth)
- vt. 给…打分 give marks to pupil's work, paper, etc.
- a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance);
"she made good marks in algebra"
"grade A milk"
"what was your score on your homework?"
- a distinguishing symbol;
"the owner's mark was on all the sheep"
- a reference point to shoot at;
"his arrow hit the mark"
- a visible indication made on a surface;
"some previous reader had covered the pages with dozens of marks"
"paw prints were everywhere"
- the impression created by doing something unusual or extraordinary that people notice and remember;
"it was in London that he made his mark"
"he left an indelible mark on the American theater"
- a symbol of disgrace or infamy;
"And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"
- formerly the basic unit of money in Germany
- Apostle and companion of Saint Peter; assumed to be the author of the second Gospel
- a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
- a written or printed symbol (as for punctuation);
"his answer was just a punctuation mark"
- a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened);
"he showed signs of strain"
"they welcomed the signs of spring"
- the shortest of the four Gospels in the New Testament
- an indication of damage
- a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
- something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal;
"the new advertising campaign was a bell ringer"
"scored a bull's eye"
"hit the mark"
"the president's speech was a home run"
- attach a tag or label to;
"label these bottles"
- designate as if by a mark;
"This sign marks the border"
- be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense;
"His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"
- mark by some ceremony or observation;
"The citizens mark the anniversary of the revolution with a march and a parade"
- make or leave a mark on;
"the scouts marked the trail"
"ash marked the believers' foreheads"
- to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful;
"He denounced the government action"
"She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
- notice or perceive;
"She noted that someone was following her"
"mark my words"
- mark with a scar;
"The skin disease scarred his face permanently"
- make small marks into the surface of;
"score the clay before firing it"
- establish as the highest level or best performance;
"set a record"
- make underscoring marks
- remove from a list;
"Cross the name of the dead person off the list"
- put a check mark on or near or next to;
"Please check each name on the list"
"tick off the items"
"mark off the units"
- assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation;
"score the SAT essays"
- insert punctuation marks into
- The trade mark is an intangible asset of every enterprise.
- A recorder pen makes a mark on a chart.
- War has left its mark on the country.
- After degating only a small witness mark remains.
- Why get upset just because you get a bad mark.
- He attained a good mark in the examination.
- Their brand has a mark of quality.
- They have got a pile of exam papers to mark.
- Well, he usually gives each student a mark or grade for each course.
- Viola did not fail to mark the words of the old song.
- Four times the Minor Sabbats fall use the Sun to mark them all.
The spilt coffee has left a mark on the table cloth.
They followed the marks that the tyres left on the road.
His hands are full of marks of toil.
He has a horse with a white mark on its head.
His left arm bears the mark of a bullet.
He has made marks on the table with that knife.
My mark in physics is B.
He got full marks in the examination.
The student received passing marks in all subjects.
There is a Mark IV Cortina.
Command of the mother tongue is the most distinguishing mark of the educated man or woman.
According to the contract, the work is below the mark.
It seems to me that his answer is beside the mark.
It seems to me that his shot is beyond the mark.
The table marks very easily.
He marked his name on his suitcase.
She marked in her diary the date of her admission to the party.
With circles, he marked the locations where they could find provisions on his sketch map.
I looked her over carefully—A small scar marked her forehead and icicles hung from her brown fur cap.
The hot cups have marked the table badly.
His death marked the end of an era.
Great advances in science marked the course of the 19th century.
He marks the score in the basketball match.
He marked the paper leniently.
You see I have so many examination papers to mark.
The teacher is marking the examination papers.
The barometer marked a continuing fall in atmospheric pressure.
A frown marked her disapproval.
The lighted window marked someone's night work.
There will be ceremonies to mark the Queen's birthday.
Your job is to mark the centre-forward.
She has the qualities that mark a good nurse.
The prices of these goods are all marked on them.
It is proposed that the occasion should be marked by a dinner.
The first few years of the republic were marked by political unrest and instability.
Mark where you have stopped in your reading.
Mark carefully how it is done.
Mark how carefully he moves.
Mark well what he says.
She marked the documents secret.
Each morning the teacher marks the pupils present, absent, or late.
The essay is marked high.
- hit〔miss〕 the mark
〔未〕做成某事物,〔未〕达到目标 succeed〔fail〕 in an attempt to do sth
He hit the mark nine times. 她九次击中目标。
He hit the mark at the first shot. 他第一枪就击中目标。
He hit the mark when he became president of the class. 他达到了他的目标,被选为班长。
You certainly hit the mark when you said that he was lazy. 你说他懒惰,真是一点儿也不错。
- 〔未〕做成某事物,〔未〕达到目标 succeed〔fail〕 in an attempt to do sth
- leave〔make〕 one's mark on〔upon〕
留下持久的(好或坏的)印象 leave a lasting (good or bad) impression on
The new machines on exhibition left their mark on the visitors. 展出的新机器给观众留下了深刻的印象。
A great man leaves his mark on whatever he does. 一位伟人不论做什么都有影响。
His teaching left a deep mark upon the great mass of average readers. 他的教诲在广大的普通读者心中留下了深刻的印象。
War has left its mark on the country. 战争给该国留下了不可磨灭的痕迹。
- 留下持久的(好或坏的)印象 leave a lasting (good or bad) impression on
- make one's mark
出名,成功 become famous, successful, etc.
The smart English world was fascinated by her and she soon made her mark in London. 时髦的英国社交界被她迷住了,因此她很快就在伦敦出名了。
Shakespeare made his mark as a playwright. 莎士比亚以剧作家而成名。
He did not make his mark until he published that book. 他出版了那本书之后才成了名。
He made his mark in the field of geology after long years of research. 由于重视研究多年,他在地质学方面颇有成就。
- 出名,成功 become famous, successful, etc.
- not be〔feel〕 quite up to the mark
不如平时身体好,有精神 not feel as well, lively, etc. as usual
I've got flu, so I'm not quite up to the mark. 我得了流感,所以有点不舒服。
I haven't felt up to the mark for three days. 三天来,我身体一直不舒服。
- 不如平时身体好,有精神 not feel as well, lively, etc. as usual
- overstep the mark
做得或说得过分; 超出限度 do or say more than one should or more than is wise or acceptable; go too far
She's overstepped the mark in trying to change.Change was all very well but it could be carried too far. 她过分谋求改变,改变倒是不错,只是可能会走得太远。
- 做得或说得过分; 超出限度 do or say more than one should or more than is wise or acceptable; go too far
- up to the mark
达到要求的标准 equal to the required standard
Her school work isn't quite up to the mark. 她的功课不大符合要求。
Your work is scarcely up to the mark,I suppose. 我看你的工作不合标准。
- 达到要求的标准 equal to the required standard
- mark down (v.+adv.)
记下 record, write sth down
The teacher marked him down as absent. 老师记下他缺课。
I have marked down the date of the party on my calendar. 我已在日历上记下了聚会的日子。
Mark it down in your notebook. 把它记在你的笔记簿里。
The teacher immediately marked down the students' suggestion in his notebook. 教师立即将学生提出的建议记在笔记本上。
If you see a traffic accident, mark down the licence of the car. 如果你看到交通事故,务必记下汽车的牌照号码。
(商品)减价 reduce the price of sth
He marked the book down to 49 cents. 他把书的标价降低为49美分。
◇ 用于be ～ed结构
All our stocks have been marked down thirty percent. 我们所有的存货已减价百分之三十。
These winter coats have been marked down from ￡45 to ￡35. 这些冬令上衣已从45英镑降到35英镑。
The advertisement states that all the store's summer suits will be marked down fifty percent. 广告写明该店所有的夏季服装将降低价格50%。
给低分 give a low mark
She was marked down because her answers were too short. 她因为回答得太简短而被给低分。
- 记下 record, write sth down
- mark for life
留下终生的伤痕 make a lasting wound in the body or effect on the mind, etc. mark sb/sth for life
Terrible grief can mark a mother for life.巨大的悲痛会给做母亲的心灵上留下抹不掉的伤痕。用于be ～ed结构
After the car crashed, the driver's face was marked for life.撞车后,司机的脸上留下了永远的伤痕。
- 留下终生的伤痕 make a lasting wound in the body or effect on the mind, etc. mark sb/sth for life
- mark off (v.+adv.)
划出(界线、范围),划分开 separate sth by making it with or as with a line, etc.
The builders have marked off a corner of field ready for the new building. 建筑工人已经把这块地划出一个角落来盖新房。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The field will be marked off in accordance with the special track events which will take place tomorrow. 场地将按照明天举行的专项径赛划出来。
Each day it was marked off with a neat X . 每过一天就划一个工整的X。
The boundaries are clearly marked off on the map. 界线在地图上区分得很清楚。
Life often seems to be marked off into different periods: schooldays, marriage, old age. 生命似乎分为三个不同时期：学生时代,结婚,老年。
- 划出(界线、范围),划分开 separate sth by making it with or as with a line, etc.
- mark out (v.+adv.)
划出(界线、范围) draw an area with lines mark sth ⇔ out
They marked out the tennis court with white paint.他们用白漆标出了网球场的界线。
选出,选定 choose sb as suitable to have, get, etc. future advance in work; select for mark sb/sth out for sth 常用于be ～ed结构
Within a month of joining the firm,James has been marked out for early promotion.詹姆斯进入这家公司还不到一个月就已被选定及早予以提升。
He seemed marked out for trouble.他似乎注定要遭到麻烦的。
The sports field has been marked out for the track-and-field meet.田径赛的场地已经划好。
Some popular science books were marked out as “required” for the students.一些科普读物被指定为学生必读书籍。
表明,表示 make a note of sb for advance in his work mark sb ⇔ out
His qualities mark him out as a born leader.他的品质表明他生来就适合当领导。用于be ～ed结构
He had been marked out for an army career from early childhood.他从很小的时候就已注定要过戎马生涯。
- 划出(界线、范围) draw an area with lines mark sth ⇔ out
- mark up (v.+adv.)
提高(商品价格或学生分数) raise goods in price or the mark of (a student) mark sb/sth ⇔ up
Some shops marked up the goods unfairly.有几家商店的货价提高得不公道。
If we mark up Jones on two or three papers he will just scrape a pass.如果我们在琼斯的两三份卷子上拉一些分,那他会勉强及格。
If we mark him up a tiny bit, he'll just get through.我们只要给他稍加一点点分数,他就可以勉强通过了。用于be ～ed结构
During an economic crisis the price of goods is often marked up.经济危机期间,商品价格经常上涨。
Everything in the shop will have to be marked up if the tax is increased.如果税收增加,那么商店里每样东西的价格都得提高。
Cigarettes will have to be marked up now that the tax on them has been increased.既然香烟税增加了,香烟的售价也得提高。
标记 write down mark sth ⇔ up
He read through the manuscript and marked it up with his objections.他把手稿通读了一遍,并在不同意的地方标了记号。
A boy was kept busy marking up the runs on a board.杂役忙着把车的班次写在布告牌上。
- 提高(商品价格或学生分数) raise goods in price or the mark of (a student) mark sb/sth ⇔ up
- mark with (v.+prep.)
以…为标记,以…表明 make a mark or marks on sth; show sth with sth mark with sth
His face slightly marked with the smallpox.他脸上稍有几点麻子。mark sth with sth
Mark approval with a nod.点头表示同意。
He marked the floor with his boots.他穿的靴子在地板上留下了印迹。用于be ～ed结构
A zebra is marked with stripes.斑马身上有条纹。
The spot where the hero fell is now marked with a huge mass of flowers—yellow gladioli, white lilies, pink carnations and red roses.在英雄牺牲的地方,现在种着一大片花作为标志：有黄色的剑兰、白色的百合、粉红色的康乃馨和红色的蔷薇。
The exit sign was marked with an arrow.出口处的记号用一箭头表示。
Spelling mistakes have been marked with red ink.拼写错误已用红笔划出。
His face is marked with grief.他的脸上露出悲痛的表情。
- 以…为标记,以…表明 make a mark or marks on sth; show sth with sth mark with sth
- bear marks of 有…痕迹
- leave mark 留下痕迹
- make a mark 做标记
- make one's mark 出名
- show marks of 有…标记
- earn high marks 获得高分,取得优良成绩
- gain a mark 得到分数
- get a mark 得到分数
- give sb a good mark 给某人好的分数
- get off the mark 起步,开始
- go wide of the mark 离目标太远,离题太远
- hit the mark 击中目标,达到目的
- miss the mark 没打中目标,没达到目的
- toe the mark (赛跑时)守规则,负责任
- wide off the mark 远离目标
- bad mark 污点,不好的分数
- best mark 最好的分数
- full marks 满分
- good mark 优点,好的分数
- high mark 高分
- low mark 低分
- superior marks 优异的分数
- accent mark 重音符号
- birth mark 痣
- exclamation mark 惊叹号
- laundry mark 洗衣店做的标签
- punctuation mark 标点符号
- question mark 问号
- quotation mark 引号
- below the mark 在标准以下
- beside the mark 不中肯,不恰当
- beyond the mark 过度,过分
- off the mark 没打中目标
- on the mark 打中目标,完全正确
- on your mark (赛跑起步时的口令)各就各位
- over the mark 估计过高
- under the mark 估计过低
- up to the mark 达到标准,过得硬
- within the mark 合乎标准,过得去
- man of mark 名人,要人
- man of no mark 普通人
- mark a trend 标志某种倾向
- mark one's anger 表明愤怒
- mark one's birthday 庆祝生日
- mark one's disapproval 表示不同意
- mark the accents 标明重音
- mark the achievements 标志成就
- mark the awakening 标志觉醒
- mark the beginning of a new era 标志着一个新纪元的开始
- mark the centre-forward 盯住中锋
- mark the collapse 标志崩溃
- mark the opening 庆祝开幕
- mark the parcel “Fragile” and “Handle with care” 在包裹上标明“易碎物品”和“小心轻放”
- mark the 75th anniversary year of the composer's death 纪念这位作曲家逝世75周年
- mark the table 烫坏桌面
- mark the tablecloth 弄脏桌布
- mark the turning point 标志转折
- mark the victory 标志胜利
- mark carefully 好好注意
- mark closely 紧紧盯着
- mark easily 容易弄脏
- mark leniently 打分很松
- mark slightly 稍有几点麻子
- mark strictly 打分很严
- mark down 减价,记录
- mark down goods 将货物减价
- mark in 在纸上做记号
- mark off 用界线划分,区分
- mark out 指出,画出,划掉,设计
- mark as 把…定为
- mark a dress as washable 在衣服上标明可以洗涤
- mark the book at one pound 给书标价为一英镑
- mark one's approval by nodding 点头赞许
- mark for 预定,使…注定要…
- mark a package for quick delivery 在包裹上标明快递
- mark sth in ink 用墨水做记号
- mark on 在…上做标记,把…写在…上
- mark the price on each article 在每件商品上标价
- mark with 在…上面标上…
- mark the place with a cross 在这个地方画上十字(画押)
- mark sth with a tick 在…上做“”的记号
- mark the position of sth with... 用…标出某物的位置
Men that have past by a Rock at Sea, set up some mark, thereby to remember their former danger, and avoid it.出自：Hobbes
All that time stood Rosamund Page..on the turf marked out for the party's firing-place.出自：Browning
William is the gardener. He keeps the paths and marks the tennis courts.出自：A. Christie
She gained high marks for English.
The paper carries 100 marks.
- mark还可表示为“商标”，如the mark on the goods（产品上的商标），而make指“商品的牌子”，要注意两者的区别。
- mark, sign, symbol, token
这组词都可表示“符号,标志”。其区别是：1.symbol指作为象征或表达某种深邃意义的特殊事物; sign指代表具有固定意义的一种简明的符号或标志; mark指在其他事物上留下的清晰可见的印痕或先天固有的标志; token指表示爱情、友谊等的纪念物或礼品等。例如:She had a silver peace symbol hanging on a chain around her neck.她有一个银制的和平标志挂在项链上。She put her finger to her lips as a sign to be quiet.她将手指放在唇上表示应安静。He gave his wife a ring as a token of his love.他给他爱人一枚戒指,作为爱情的象征。2.sign与symbol相比较, sign的含义简单明了,容易体察,而symbol却含义深邃复杂。例如:I could not write my name, so I made the sign of the cross.我不会写我的名字,就画了一个十字。3.token和sign的意思相同,但token比sign庄严文雅,通常用于严肃的场合,在一般情况下可以用sign代替。例如:Jenny's husband gave her a ring as a token of their first meeting.珍妮的丈夫送她一枚戒指纪念他们的初次见面。
- mark, make
mark用于商业上指产品的“型号或式样”。make指商品的“商标或牌子”。例如:In this shop everything has a make.这家商店所有的商品都有商标。When it comes to watches,I wouldn't buy any other make.谈到手表,我不会买任何其他牌子。
- make, note
- mark, label, ticket
这组词都可表示“加上供识别用的标记”。它们的区别是：mark指在某物上加上记号、标记或痕迹; label指贴上或系上标明名称、性质、来源或地址等之类的标签; ticket指加上说明情况或价格等之类的小卡片。例如:He labelled the parcel before posting it.在邮寄前他在包裹上贴了标签。All the articles in the store are ticketed with the price.这个商店的所有物品都用标签明码标价。
- symbol badge sign signal mark token attribute emblem
误 Marking with his name, the bag will be found soon.
正 Marked with his name, the bag will be found soon.
错句：when it comes to shoes, i wouldn't buy any other mark.
纠正：when it comes to shoes, i wouldn't buy any other make.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的mearc，意为界限，限制；最初源自原始日耳曼语的mkrao，意为森林。
- MaRK:Managing Requirements Knowledge (IEEE conference)知识管理的要求(IEEE会议)
- MARK:Maintenance & Reliability Kit维护及可靠性的组件
- MARK:Mechanized Accounting and Record Keeping (GE)机械化的会计和记录(GE)
- mark:货币名称 马克 马克Mar 介绍 德国马克是原德国的货币名称，简称马克。2002年1月1日,欧元正式在欧洲使用,马克退出历史舞台。 马克一度是仅次于美元的国际性货币。 1990 年东…