- n. 目标；对象；靶
- vt. 把 ... 作为目标；瞄准
- [C](射击的)靶子 sth fired at in shooting practice
- [C](欲达到的)目〔指〕标 result aimed at; objective
- [C](服务的)对象; (攻击的)对象 a limited group, area, etc. at which sth is specially directed; place, sth or person at which an attack is directed
a reference point to shoot at;
"his arrow hit the mark"
a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence;
"he fell prey to muggers"
"everyone was fair game"
"the target of a manhunt"
the location of the target that is to be hit
sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable);
"the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
intend (something) to move towards a certain goal;
"He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"
"criticism directed at her superior"
"direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
- The sights of the gun must be in alignment with the target.
- The shot was way off target.
- A stationary target is easiest to aim at.
- The company has met their export target.
- Before you apply for the supply of information, please make sure that you know the business registration number of all your target businesses.
- I aimed at the target but hit the wall.
- In the future, the Group will target its marketing and promotional activities to reach the mass of customers through cost effective means.
- The two sides had decided not to target each other with the strategic nuclear weapons under their respective control.
- The arrow missed the target.
- I've set myself a target of running 2 miles every day.
- The factory met its production target ahead of time.
- What's the target readership of this paper?
- The embassy is an obvious target for terrorist attacks.
- His crazy ideas made him the target of their jokes.
- achieve one's target 达到目标
- aim at〔track〕 a target 瞄标〔追踪〕目标
- fire at the target 对着靶子射击
- hit〔set〕 the target 完成〔定〕指标
- miss the target 未击中靶子
- shoot at a target 射击目标
- admirable〔superb〕 target 令人羡慕〔宏伟〕的目标
- civilian〔military〕 target 民用〔军事〕目标
- momentary〔movable〕 target 暂时〔不固定〕的指标
I had never shot a fox, a difficult target for a pistol.出自： R. V. Jones
A collection like this makes your house an obvious target for burglars.出自： S. Radley
A tiny missile..that carries its own radar system to home in on a target.出自：New Scientist
The airline industry was being targeted for a recruiting drive.出自： S. Brill
The IRA has generally targeted prominent political or military figures.出自：Bulletin (Sydney)
Streamlining programmes to target specific audiences.出自：Times Educational Supplement