- =Accuracy In Media 平均精度
- =American Indian Movement 美国印第安人运动
- =air intercept missile 空中截击导弹
- （把…）瞄准，（把…）对准，（ 将…）针对
- vt. & vi. (以…)瞄准; 针对 point (a gun etc.) towards; send, direct a blow or object at sb/sth
- vt. & vi. 以…为目标〔目的〕 have as an intention; try, direct one's efforts
- vt. & vi. 计划,打算 hope to reach one's purpose; plan
- [U]瞄准 the act of directing weapon, etc. at object; the act of aiming
- [C]目标,目的 purpose, intention, goal, target
an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions;
"his intent was to provide a new translation"
"good intentions are not enough"
"it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"
"he made no secret of his designs"
the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable);
"the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
the action of directing something at an object;
"he took aim and fired"
the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards;
"Please don't aim at your little brother!"
"He trained his gun on the burglar"
"Don't train your camera on the women"
"Take a swipe at one's opponent"
propose or intend;
"I aim to arrive at noon"
move into a desired direction of discourse;
"What are you driving at?"
specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
intend (something) to move towards a certain goal;
"He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"
"criticism directed at her superior"
"direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
direct (a remark) toward an intended goal;
"She wanted to aim a pun"
have an ambitious plan or a lofty goal
- What is your aim in life?
- The aim of the policy is the preservation of peace.
- Take careful aim at the target before firing.
- The shooter's aim was perfect.
- The policeman aimed his gun at the fugitive.
- This anti-alcohol campaign is mainly aimed at young teenagers.
- You have to aim at the centre of the target.
- He aims to be a successful writer.
- We aim for a quick turnover of stock in our stores.
- We aim to speed up our delivery times.
- He aimed carefully before he let the arrow fly.
- Rick told me it was hard luck he had aimed too high.
- So you're going to be Prime Minister when you grow up? You are aiming high.
- We should go all out and aim high.
- Work hard and aim high!
- Aim high and have lofty ambition!
- He aimed the gun carefully.
- He aims a violent blow upon her.
- I aim to be an engineer.
- I aim to be friendly.
- Harry aims to become a computer expert.
- I aim to finish up this job.
- We aim to perfect ourselves in English.
- Mary aimed to please her customers.
- He aims to encourage mutual understanding.
- She aims to gain the Nobel Prize.
- He aims to save up enough money for a world cruise.
- They said the push aimed to eliminate threat to the city.
- She aims to succeed.
- His aim was very good〔excellent〕.
- His aim with a gun isn't as good as his aim with a bow.
- The gunner's aim was on target.
- His aim was so poor that he missed the lion.
- He missed his aim, and did not hit the target.
- He leaned against a tree to steady his aim.
- His aim is honorable and praiseworthy.
- Its aim is the vast improvement and education of the people.
- Her aim was to do two years' work in one.
- Our aim is to make the students' speech comprehensible.
- What's your aim in life?
- They had similar aims.
- She is determined to achieve her aim of being a scientist.
- aim at (v.+prep.)
计划,打算 try, direct one's efforts; hope to reach one's purpose
aim at sb/sth/v-ing
He drew his pistol and aimed at the enemy soldier.
They raised their guns and aimed at the enemies' backs.
Mr. Abye was not a good hunter. He aimed at a rabbit, but hit a bird.
He forced himself to breathe slowly, and aimed at the tiger's head.
When shooting an arrow, one must aim at the target.
He aimed at the target and hit three bull's eyes in succession.
I didn't mean to hit the cat,I was aiming at the tree.
In saying this,I'm not aiming at you.
What are you aiming at by saying that?
We aim at success in the examination.
We are aiming at a higher production level.
This dictionary aims at explaining the most common mistakes in word use.
The factory must aim at increasing production.
This book aims at giving a general outline of the subject.
This education aimed at combining brain work with manual labour.
此项教育的目的在于实现脑力劳动与体力劳动的结合。aim sth at sb/sth
She aimed a revolver at me.
The detective aimed his pistol at the criminal.
He aimed his gun at the lion, fired and missed.
Aim the gun at the barn door.
You will have to aim your gun more carefully at the chosen object.
I walked over and saw him aiming his home-made gun at a hole.
The big boy aimed a blow at me.
He picked up a stone and aimed it at the dog.
Tom got angry at his brother and aimed a heavy book at his head.
My remark was not aimed at you.
His criticism was obviously aimed at us.
His speech was aimed at the boys who had not played fair.
The judge's remarks were aimed at the journalists who were reporting the case.
This anti-smoking campaign is mainly aimed at young teenagers.
When the teacher said there was a lazy boy in the class, he was aiming at Jack.
We all realized who that remark was aimed at.
I don't know at whom the Minister's remarks were aimed, but he ought not to say such thing.
The visit was aimed at expanding relations between the two countries.
The offensive is aimed at gaining complete control of route 7.
The statement was aimed at raising his personal prestige.
The new decree is aimed at stopping the black market in Western merchandise.
新法令旨在禁止西方货品的黑市。aim at sth/v-ing
He aimed at the apple and orange.
He aims at perfection in everything he does.
Harry aims at becoming a doctor.
You should always aim at doing your job well.
If the people aim at obtaining some advantage in rank or fortune, nobody wishes them success.
Finally in 1863 an insurrection broke out, aiming at independence.
Everything aimed at has now been achieved .
- aim for (v.+prep.)
计划,打算 hope to reach one's purpose
aim for sth
He aimed for her leg.
We should aim for the best results.
She aims for perfection.
We're aiming for complete enrollment.
She was aiming for the top in her career.
It soon became clear that he was aiming for a directorship.
We aim for the completion of the task by the end of the year.
- give aim
报告射靶结果 report the results of shooting, standing aside far away
- have an aim
有目标,有雄心 have purpose, have ambition
- take aim (at)
瞄准 get ready to hit
- with the aim of
以…为目标,其目的是为了 as a purpose with sth
- without aim
无目的 no purpose
- aim a blow (对…)打击
- aim a fire 把火力对准
- aim a gun 用枪对准
- aim a missile 把导弹瞄准
- aim a pistol 把枪对准
- aim a stone 抛掷石头
- aim an arrow 用箭对准
- aim criticism 使批评针对…
- aim satire 使讽刺针对…
- aim high 向上瞄准,雄心很大
- aim low 志向太低
- aim straight 直接对准
- aim ambitiously 有野心地打算
- aim apparently 明显地以…为目标
- aim basically 以…为基本目的
- aim carefully 仔细瞄准
- aim confessedly 自己承认地打算
- aim consciously 自觉地以…为目的
- aim deliberately 故意针对
- aim fictitiously 虚构地打算
- aim fundamentally 以…为基本目标
- aim futilely 徒劳地打算
- aim generously 大方地打算
- aim heroically 英雄般地打算
- aim immediately 立即打算
- aim impossibly 不可能以…为目的
- aim instructively 有益地针对
- aim irrelevantly 不相关地打算
- aim laudably 值得赞许地以…为目的
- aim loftily 崇高地打算
- aim logically 合理地打算
- aim modestly 谦逊地打算
- aim murderously 极其危险地定目标于
- aim poetically 理想地以…为目标
- aim primarily 首先针对
- aim principally 主要地打算
- aim radically 根本地打算
- aim soberly 审慎地打算
- aim solely 目的完全在于
- aim unselfishly 无私地打算
- aim uselessly 无用地以…为目的
- aim vainly 无结果地以…为目标
- aim above 瞄得过高
- aim at 瞄准
- aim at a deer 瞄准一只鹿
- aim at a lion 对准一头狮子
- aim at a tiger 对准一只老虎
- aim at a wolf 对准一匹狼
- aim at being perfect 力求完美
- aim at perfection 力求完美
- aim at quick scoring 为了迅速取胜
- aim for 计划,打算
- accomplish the aim 实现目的
- achieve one's aim 达到自己的目的
- affect aim 影响目标
- applaud aim 称赞目的
- attain one's aim 达到目的
- avoid aim 取消目标
- baffle aim 阻挠,妨碍目标实现
- calculate aim 评价,估计目标
- carry out aim 实现目标
- cast out aim 抛弃目标
- defeat the aim 破坏目的
- define aim 详细说明目标
- design aim 设计目标
- direct aim 指定,指引目标
- disguise aim 掩饰目的
- dissipate aim 消散目的,驱散目的
- divert the aim of 转移…目标
- embrace aim 接受目标
- encourage aim 支持,鼓励目标
- endorse aim 认可,赞同目标
- estimate aim 评定,估计目标
- execute one's aim 贯彻目标
- expose the aims of 揭露…的目的
- fulfill aim 达到目的
- guide aim 指导目标
- have a high aim in life 胸怀壮志
- hinder aim 阻挠目标
- lead aim 引导目标
- level aim 对准目标
- mark aim 当心目标
- miss one's aim 失去目标,达不到目标
- obtain aim 达到目的
- point aim 指向目标
- promote aim 增进目标
- propose aim 定为目标
- pursue aim 追求目标
- realize the aim 实现目标
- restrict aim 限制目标
- sanction aim 认可目标
- set forth the aims of… 提出目标
- set out the aims of 提出目标
- take aim 瞄准
- train aim 对准,瞄准目标
- wander from aim 离开目标
- accurate aim 精确的目标
- altered aim 改变了的目标
- altruistic aim 利人的目标
- ambitious aim 雄心勃勃的目标
- apparent aim 明显的目标
- basic aim 基本的目的
- careful aim 仔细瞄准
- central aim 中心目标
- cherished aim 珍爱的目标
- chief aim 首要目标
- common aim 共同的目标
- confessed aim 公认的目的
- conscious aim 自觉的目的
- consistent aim 始终如一的目标
- criminal aim 罪恶的目的
- deadly aim 绝对精确的瞄准
- deliberate aim 慎重而迟缓的目的
- devotional aim 专心的目的
- double aim 双重目标
- elevated aim 崇高的目标
- fictitious aim 假定的目标
- first aim 第一个目标
- fixed aim 固定目标
- frustrated aim 失意的目标
- fundamental aim 根本目的
- futile aim 徒劳无益的目标
- generous aim 大方的目标
- great aim 伟大的目标
- heroic aim 英勇的目标
- high aim 很高的志向
- honorable aim 高尚的志向
- illusory aim 虚幻的目标
- immediate aim 目前的目标
- impossible aim 不可能的目标
- impracticable aim 不切实际的目标
- infallible aim 绝对确实的目的
- instructive aim 有益的目标
- intelligible aim 可理解的目标
- irrelevant aim 不相关的目的
- kindred aim 类似的目的
- laudable aim 值得褒奖的目标
- leading aim 主要目标
- limited aim 有限的目标
- lofty aims 崇高的目标
- logical aim 符合逻辑的目标
- modest aim 谦逊的目标
- murderous aim 行凶的目标
- noble aim 高尚的目标
- novel aim 新奇的目标
- original aim 原来的目标
- paltry aim 微不足道的目标
- personal aim 个人目的
- picture aim 生动的目标
- poetic aim 诗般的,理想的目的
- praiseworthy aim 值得称赞的目标
- primal aim 主要目标
- primary aim 首要目的
- principal aim 首要目的
- selfish aim 自私的目的
- similar aim 类似的目标
- single aim 唯一目标
- sinister aim 阴险的目的
- sober aim 审慎的目标
- sole aim 唯一的目的
- sordid aim 卑鄙的目的
- steady aim 坚定不移的目标
- true aim 真正目的
- ulterior aim 间接的目标
- ultimate aim 最终目的
- unattainable aim 难以达到的目标
- undeviating aim 不偏倚的目标
- unerring aim 正确的目标
- vain aim 徒然无效的目标
- wild aim 狂妄的目标,胡乱瞄准
A garish flag To be the aim of every dangerous shot.出自：Richard III , Shakespeare
I asked her who had taught her to aim so well.出自： J. Rhys
- 作“瞄准”解时, aim是不及物动词; 作“以…瞄准…”或“针对”解时, aim是及物动词,以枪、箭或话语、批评等词作宾语,而以at引起的短语表示目的物。
- aim作“以…为目标”“计划”“打算”解时抱有很明确的目的，并常指正为之努力或争取。可用作不及物动词,其后接介词at或for引起的短语; 也可用作及物动词,接动词不定式作宾语或用于be aimed at结构。
- aim作“瞄准”解时是不可数名词,其前不用冠词; 作“目的”解时, aim是可数名词,其前可加不定冠词或数词。
He aims at mastering English.（英国）
He aims to master English.（美国）
- 在使用aiming时，英国人常接不定式，不过要尽量避免...ing at ...ing的格式；
- take aim（瞄准）和take good aim里不加冠词an或a；
Her aim in visiting the school was to see the library.
She visited the school with the aim of seeing the library.
- aim to-v, aim at v-ing
- aim在作“目的在于…”解时接动词不定式或“at+动名词”均可,只是to do的形式在美国更多用些,而at doing的形式在英国更多用些。另外,美式英语中还常用aim to do表示“想干”“打算干”,而英式英语中则常用hope和try。例如:
- I aim to finish it tomorrow.(AmE)
- I hope to finish it tomorrow.(BrE)
- I aim to write a letter home every week.
- I try to write a letter home every week.
- aim at, aim for
- 1.在含义上, aim for比aim at更强调“最终目的”(而不是为它而做的努力)。例如:
- It isn't just a seat in the Cabinet at which he is aiming, but the Prime Ministership itself.他不仅想当内阁大臣,而且是当首相。
- I was aiming for the chimney-pot, but the stone fell short and went through a skylight in the roof.我原想打烟筒管帽的,但是石头没有击中目标,穿过了屋顶上的天窗。
- 2.aim at后可接名词或动名词; 而aim for之后只接名词,不接动名词。
- 3.aim at除表示“希望(达到某个目标)”外,还可表示“瞄准”“针对”,且这时可以用于被动结构; 而aim for不表示“瞄准”和“针对”,也不用于被动结构。
- aim at, be aimed at
- 1.构成不同:aim at是由不及物动词+介词(短语)构成的短语动词,用作及物动词; 而be aimed at中的aimed是过去分词,用于系表结构。
- 2.作用不同:aim at既可表示状态,又可表示动作; 而be aimed at只能表示状态。例如:
- I wonder what he was aiming at.我不知道他当时的目的何在。
- He aims at improving his pronunciation.他想要改进他的发音。
- The modification is aimed at improving efficiency.改进旨在提高效率。
- 3.aim at还可以表示“瞄准”; 而be aimed at则无此含义。
- aim, level, point, train
- 1.瞄准方法不同:aim指端起枪瞄准; train指把枪放在对准其目标的位置上; level指把枪放在水平位置上瞄准; point则指以某物的一端或尖端对准某一点。例如:
- The army trained its cannon on the fort.军队把大炮对准了要塞。
- The second sentry leveled his halberd at the parson's breast.第二个警卫把他的戟对准了牧师的胸口。
- He pointed his finger at me.他用手指着我。
- 2.搭配范围不同:aim和train可以表示以镜头对准; 而level和point不能这样用。例如可以说He trained the camera upon the children.它把相机对准孩子们。
- 3.连用的介词不同:aim与at, for连用; train与on〔upon〕连用; level与at, against 连用; 而point则与at, to连用。
- 4.使用场合不同:aim for多见于较正式的文体中。
- aim, goal, purpose
- 这组词的共同含义是“目的”,常通用,如aim〔goal,purpose〕 in life人生目标。它们之间的区别主要在于:
- 1.goal指比较宏大的总目标; purpose指近期比较确定的意图; aim指短期内比较具体、实际的目标。例如:
- He often asked himself what his goal in life should be.他常常自问人生的目标该是什么。
- Do you come here for the purpose of seeing your family or for business purpose?你来此地是为了看家还是为了做生意?
- Their aim was to take over industry for her.他们的目标是为她接管产业。
- His aim was to pass his examinations this year and go to college so he could eventually reach his goal of being a teacher.他的目标是今年考上大学,以便最终实现当教师的抱负。
- 2.purpose强调“有意去做”(行动坚决); aim强调“集中精力去做”(联想“瞄准”)。在努力程度上, aim比purpose要弱。例如:
- I am afraid he did it on purpose.我担心他是有意这么做的。
- His only aim in life is to make a fortune.他生活的唯一目标是赚钱发财。
- 3.goal具有理想性,并不强调最后一定要实现; purpose和aim则暗示能够实现,这在动词aim for中体现最明显。例如:
- The presidency was the goal of his ambition.他的奋斗目标是当总统。
- His aim is to become a doctor.他的目标是当一个医生。
- 4.purpose可以由他人来完成; 而goal则往往靠自己去努力。例如:
- The purpose of a tutorial system was to let each student realize his own educational goal.导师制旨在让学生认清自己的学习目标。
误 We hope to reach our aim by peaceful means.
正 We hope to achieve〔realize〕 our aim by peaceful means.
析 aim不与reach连用,“达到目的”应说achieve〔realize aim〕。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的esmar；最初源自拉丁语的aestimare，意为估价计算。