- [P]踪迹,痕迹,足迹 line or series of marks left by a moving vehicle, person, animal, etc.
- [C]小路 path or rough road, especially one made by vehicles, people or animals
- [C]路径,进程路线 course taken by sth/sb (whether it can be seen or not)
- [C][U]轨道 set of rails for train
- [C]跑道 prepared course or circuit for racing
- [C]轮带,履带 continuous belt round the wheels of a bulldozer, tank, etc., on which it moves
- vt. 跟踪,追踪 follow (an animal, etc.) by the mark, footprints, etc.
- a line or route along which something travels or moves;
"the hurricane demolished houses in its path"
"the track of an animal"
"the course of the river"
- evidence pointing to a possible solution;
"the police are following a promising lead"
"the trail led straight to the perpetrator"
- a pair of parallel rails providing a runway for wheels
- a course over which races are run
- a distinct selection of music from a recording or a compact disc;
"he played the first cut on the cd"
"the title track of the album"
- an endless metal belt on which tracked vehicles move over the ground
- (computer science) one of the circular magnetic paths on a magnetic disk that serve as a guide for writing and reading data
- a groove on a phonograph recording
- a bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll
- any road or path affording passage especially a rough one
- the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track
- carry on the feet and deposit;
"track mud into the house"
- observe or plot the moving path of something;
"track a missile"
- go after with the intent to catch;
"The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"
"the dog chased the rabbit"
- travel across or pass over;
"The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
- make tracks upon
- The cyclist went at full sail along the track.
- I quickly lose her track in the crowd.
- A track runs across the field to his house.
- Her new album has two great tracks on it.
- It's difficult to track an animal right after rain.
- The police tracked the terrorists to their hide-out.
We followed his tracks through the snow.
We followed the tracks of the rabbit into the woods.
The fox didn't leave any tracks.
The motorcar tracks are very clear.
A track runs through the woods to the farmhouse.
They passed a muddy track through the forest.
It's the track of the coming storm.
The Earth crosses the tracks of certain comets.
The locomotive ran off the track and the cars overturned.
Edison saw a boy playing on the track at a station.
Time and again they laid their ears against the track to listen for the sound of approaching wheels.
The railway tracks join up into a single line on the other side of the town.
The train for London is on track eight.
He is a track man.
Athletics consists of track and field sports such as running, high jump, etc.
His new album has two great tracks on it.
They go on planting in the same track year after year.
The hunters tracked the bear and killed it.
The hunter was tracking a hare.
Scientists are trying to track the lost satellite.
Some special scientific instruments are used for tracking planes.
Don't track the floor.
The thief was closely tracked by the policeman.
- (hard) on sb's track〔on the track of〕
追踪某人; 寻找某人或某物 pursuing sb; looking for sb/sth
The Fraud Squad are hard on her track and she's trying to get out of the country. 廉政小组正在追踪她,她正企图逃到国外去。
The police are on the track of the gang. 警察正在追踪那帮团伙。
Imes says he's on the track of a chap who would be ideal for the vacant manager's job. 艾姆斯说他正在寻找一个人选来填补空缺的经理职位。
I'm on the track of a rare stamp I need to complete the set. 我正在寻觅一枚罕见的邮票,我需要用它来补全那一套邮票。
- 追踪某人; 寻找某人或某物 pursuing sb; looking for sb/sth
- in one's tracks
〈非正〉就地,突然 where one is; suddenly
She fell dead in her tracks. 她当场死去。
Her questions stopped me in my tracks. 她提的问题让我当场下不来台。
- 〈非正〉就地,突然 where one is; suddenly
- lose〔keep〕 track of
与…失去〔保持〕联系; (不)了解…的动态 (not) keep informed about sb/sth; (not) have knowledge about sb/sth
As a doctor,Brooks has to keep track of the latest developments in medicine. 作为一名医生,布鲁克斯必须了解医学的最新发展动态。
How do you keep track of such a large family? 这样一个大家庭你是怎样照管的呢?
The library has a new system for keeping track of its books. 图书馆有一套新办法来掌握图书的动态。
He's lost all track of her since they left school. 自毕业后,他完全失去了和她的联系。
We lost all track of time. 我们完全不知道是什么时候了。
I've lost track of how many boyfriends my daughter has had. 我已记不清我女儿有过多少男朋友。
He soon lost track of how much money he had spent. 他很快就记不清自己花了多少钱。
- 与…失去〔保持〕联系; (不)了解…的动态 (not) keep informed about sb/sth; (not) have knowledge about sb/sth
- make tracks (for)
〈非正〉(向…)离去 move away (in the direction of)
It's time we made tracks. 我们该走了。
She suddenly got up and made tracks for the door. 她突然站了起来,朝门口走去。
- 〈非正〉(向…)离去 move away (in the direction of)
- on the right〔wrong〕 track
想法〔做法〕对〔不对〕 thinking or acting in a correct〔incorrect〕 way
That is not exactly the correct answer, but you're on the right track. 那答案并不完全正确,不过你的方向是对的。
We haven't found the solution yet, but I'm sure we are on the right track. 我们还没有找到解决办法,但我肯定我们的思路是对的。
That's one approach to the problem,I suppose, but personally I think you're on the wrong track. 我想这可能是解决问题的一种办法,但我觉得你思考的方向不对头。
He couldn't solve the problem because he started out on the wrong track. 他不可能解决这个问题,因为一开始他的思路就错了。
- 想法〔做法〕对〔不对〕 thinking or acting in a correct〔incorrect〕 way
- track down( v.+adv. )
追捕到,追查出 find (sb/sth) by or as by hunting track sb/sth ⇔ down
All citizens should help the police in tracking the criminals down.所有公民都应该帮助警察追捕罪犯。
We finally tracked down our lost companion in a public house.我们终于在一家酒馆里找到了我们失散的伙伴。
I have never been able to track down the person who wrote the story.我一直未能找到写那篇故事的人。
The hunters tracked down the game in the forest.猎人在树林里追捕猎物。
I finally tracked down the reference in a dictionary of quotations.我终于在引语词典中查到了那段文字。
It was not long before I tracked down the lost watch.不久我就找到了遗失的表。
With no interpreters to help,I often had to track down the meaning of words by sheer guessing.因为没有翻译帮忙,我往往靠猜测来弄懂话的意思。
Were the doctors able to track down the cause of the infection?医生们能查出感染的原因吗?
He was determined to track down the cause of food spoilage.他决心查出食品腐烂的原因。用于 be ～ed 结构
The criminal was tracked down and knocked off by the police.那个罪犯被警察追到后逮捕起来了。
- 追捕到,追查出 find (sb/sth) by or as by hunting track sb/sth ⇔ down
- track in( v.+adv. )
带进屋内 bring (usually mud) indoors by walking track sth ⇔ in
Look at all that mud that you've tracked in on your feet!看,你把脚上的泥都带进屋里来了。
- 带进屋内 bring (usually mud) indoors by walking track sth ⇔ in
- track up( v.+adv. )
〈主美·非正〉踩脏… make (usually a floor) dirty with one's shoes track sth ⇔ up
Get out of my kitchen I don't want you children tracking up my nice clean floor!从我的厨房里滚出去,我可不想让你们这些孩子把我干干净净的地板踩脏。
- 〈主美·非正〉踩脏… make (usually a floor) dirty with one's shoes track sth ⇔ up
- cross the track 横过路轨
- jump the track 出轨
- lay tracks 铺轨
- leave the track 出轨
- make tracks 走开,跑掉,逃走
- run round the track 围着跑道跑步
- cover up one's tracks 掩藏自己的企图〔计划、行动等〕
- keep track of 记录,跟踪…的线索,继续注意…的发展
- lose track of 看不清,未能把…记录下来,失去…的线索
- in one's track 就在那里,就那样,当时,当场
- in the track of 跟在…的后面,仿效,学样
- off the beaten track 偏僻的,不落俗套的
- on the track 在跑道上
- on the track of 跟踪追赶,尾随,得到…的线索,未出岔子
- track bear 追踪熊
- track criminal 追踪罪犯
- track hare 追踪野兔
- track planes 跟踪飞机
- track satellite 搜索卫星
- track thief 跟踪小偷
The walls..tapestried with the tracks of snails.出自：Dickens
He was beginning to weep, and..wet tracks gleamed on his face.出自：R. Silverberg
Misfortunes which track my footsteps like slot-hounds.出自：Sir W. Scott
Every..aircraft flying over Europe can be tracked by radar.出自：Daily Telegraph
You track me, you spy on me.出自：M. Bradbury
During a head turn the eyes often track a single point.出自：Scientific American
Tracking..the boat was impossible, for the banks were perpendicular mud.出自：M. H. Mason
- (hard) on sb's track〔on the track of〕的意思是“追踪〔寻找〕某人,寻找某物”,指“追踪〔寻找〕某人”时,这两种表达方式均可; 指“寻找某物”时,则一般只用on the track of sth 结构。
- track, path, road, route, way
这组词都有“路”的意思。其区别在于：1.path指“小路”“小径”,常为人或畜走出来的路,引申可指思想、行为和生活等途径。2.road意义广泛,一般指交通大道。例如:The roads were blocked with crowds of people. 道路被人群挤得水泄不通。Houses in this area have all appreciated in value since the new road was built.新路建好之后这一地区的房子都增值了。He advocated building more good roads.他主张修筑更多的好公路。We have been advised that the roads are too icy for the trip.有人告诉我们路太滑不好走。3.way泛指路,常和其他词构成复合词。例如:They barred the way and we couldn't go any farther.他们挡住了路,我们不能再往前走。On our way to the peak, a fierce storm suddenly blew up.在爬向顶峰时,突然刮起猛烈的大风。The land has appreciated greatly since the new railway was built.自新铁路建成后,这片地的价值大为增加。4.route指按规定行走的路线、航线。例如:They returned by the same route.他们从原路返回。They decided on the route they were to take.他们决定了要走的路线。The plane did not fly the usual commercial route.飞机没有沿通常的商业航线飞。5.track所指的路铺有车轨。例如:They are laying the tracks for a new railway.他们正在为铁路铺新轨。The locomotive ran off the track and the cars overturned.机车出了轨,车厢翻了。
- track, hunt
这两个词的共同意思是“追捕”,其区别是：track强调跟踪或顺着线索追查; 而hunt既可指猎取动物,也可泛指搜寻人或其他事物。例如:The men had gone to the forest to hunt wild game.男人们已去森林中打野味了。They hunted everywhere for her.他们到处寻找她。She hunted the house over for her lost ring.她在屋子里翻箱倒柜,到处寻找那只丢失的戒指。
- pursue follow chase hunt trace track trail
误 We must read the papers so as to keep track with world affairs.
正 We must read the papers so as to keep track of world affairs.
析 keep track of是固定用法,介词of不能改为with。
- ☆ 15世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的rtac，意为马的跑道。
- track:Track（缩略为trk） 一个音轨，就是一道所储存的信号。这个所储存的信号，可以是声音信号、MIDI信号、或者是影像（video）信号。CD/DVD的音乐都是以轨道的形式保存到光盘上的，每一段…