- [C][U]区别,明显差别,特征 the fact of being distinct; clear difference
- [S]卓越,优秀,盛名 the quality of being unusually good; excellence
- [C]荣誉,殊荣,奖赏 a special mark of honour, fame, or excellence
- a discrimination between things as different and distinct;
"it is necessary to make a distinction between love and infatuation"
- high status importance owing to marked superiority;
"a scholar of great eminence"
- a distinguishing quality;
"it has the distinction of being the cheapest restaurant in town"
- a distinguishing difference;
"he learned the distinction between gold and lead"
- Keller received many awards of great distinction.
- He had the distinction of being the first man to walk on the moon.
- There is a fine distinction between the two words.
- He passed the examination with distinction.
- She had the distinction of being the first woman to swim the Channel.
- This is a refrigerator of distinction.
- There is a distinction between what he says and what he does.
- I don't understand your distinction: surely all painting is art?
I can't see any distinction between these two cases.
The law makes fine distinctions.
He was regarded as a man of distinction in his country.
He is a writer of real distinction.
He has gained a distinction in various fields of scholarly studies.
These are the highest distinctions that have ever been given by our government.
- award a distinction upon〔to〕
授予某人荣誉称号 award a special mark of honour
Her majesty awarded a distinction upon〔to〕 the retiring Prime Minister. 女王陛下授勋给行将离任的首相。
- 授予某人荣誉称号 award a special mark of honour
- draw a distinction between
在…之间加以区别 be different between
We must draw a clear distinction between right and wrong. 我们必须明确区分是与非。
- 在…之间加以区别 be different between
- with distinction
以优异的成绩,以杰出的表现 with excellence
She passed the exam with distinction. 她以出色的成绩通过了考试。
- 以优异的成绩,以杰出的表现 with excellence
- without distinction
无差别的,一视同仁地 without difference
Customers are treated without distinction of sex and age. 顾客不分男女老幼,一视同仁地对待。
- 无差别的,一视同仁地 without difference
- achieve〔get〕 distinction 获得荣誉
- draw〔make〕 a distinction 区分,分清
- earn〔obtain〕 a distinction 取得荣誉
- enjoy〔have, hold〕 a distinction 享有殊荣
- gain〔win〕 distinction 出名
- seek distinction 追逐名利
- academic distinction 学术上的荣誉
- chief distinction 主要特征
- clear distinction 明确的差别
- doubtful distinction 可疑的殊荣
- fine distinction 细微的差别
- racial distinction 种族差别
- real distinction 真正的杰出
- sharp distinction 明显区别
- subtle distinction 微妙的差别
- unique distinction 独特之处
- in distinction from the rest 和其余的有别
- of distinction 杰出的
- with distinction 明显地,以优异成绩
- without distinction 无差别(地),不分彼此
A distinction is drawn between the rule of William himself and the rule of his oppressive lieutenants.出自：E. A. Freeman
Jesus..teaches universal love without distinction of race, merit, or rank.出自：C. Geikie
- distinction, difference
这两个词都可用于感觉到的“差异”,可以互换使用。其区别是：当差异的感知是由于分析和辨别的结果时,通常用distinction; 而当指明差异的状态时,通常用difference。例如:The first thing you'll have to do is to make a distinction between the primary and the secondary tasks.你们应该做的首要工作是区分主要任务和次要任务。
- difference distinction discrepancy discrimination
- distinction:解释 distinctionAHD:【d¹-st¹ngk“sh…n】D.J.:【di6sti0k.*n】K.K.:【d!6st!0k.*n】n.The act o…