- vt. & vi. 参加 be present at; go to
- vt. & vi. 注意; 听 give one's attention; listen
- vt. 照料 give protection, help, or care
- vt. 陪伴 go with; be connected with
be present at (meetings, church services, university), etc.;
"She attends class regularly"
"I rarely attend services at my church"
"did you go to the meeting?"
take charge of or deal with;
"Could you see about lunch?"
"I must attend to this matter"
"She took care of this business"
to accompany as a circumstance or follow as a result;
"Menuhin's playing was attended by a 15-minute standing ovation"
work for or be a servant to;
"May I serve you?"
"She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"
"Can you wait on our table, please?"
"Is a salesperson assisting you?"
"The minister served the King for many years"
give heed (to);
"The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"
"She hung on his every word"
"They attended to everything he said"
- I shall be attending the meeting.
- During summer vacations some teachers attend seminars at college.
- You're going out? But who will attend to the baby?
- Attend to what your teacher says.
- Attend to your work and stop talking.
- No foreign royalty attended.
- Some people attend regularly, others only occasionally.
- You're not attending.
- Why weren't you attending when I explained before?
- If you don't attend, you won't understand.
- Did you attend the memorial meeting?
- He had to attend a wedding.
- I promised to attend the show.
- He decided to attend the conference in person.
- They were sent to hospitals to attend short-term training courses.
- We attend church every two weeks.
- Every day he attends the office punctually.
- Every evening he played bridge or attended the movies.
- Which doctor is attending you?
- The doctor attended her immediately with a brief examination.
- Children must attend school.
- Attend my words.
- How many courses did you attend?
- We are going to attend the lecture this afternoon.
- I suggested that my parents should attend the evening school.
- May good luck attend you!
- Success attended his efforts.
- Danger attends delay.
- Felicity attends virtue.
- Fever attends many diseases.
- The theatre was well attended.
- The football match was attended by thousands of football fans.
- The wedding was largely attended.
- The patients are well attended in the hospital.
- She was attended by Dr.Liu.
- Wounds had been attended before the men were brought to the hospital.
- The classes are eagerly attended.
- The evening class was far better attended than the preceding night.
- He was attended by a numerous retinue.
- His illness was attended by weakness.
- The mission was attended by many risks.
- She has a disease attended with severe pain.
- This is a decision attended with serious consequence.
- The distress that attended this flood was much less than in the past.
- attend at (v.+prep.)
参加 be present
attend at sth
They regularly attended at church.
With regard to your application for the post of junior clerk, will you please attend at this office at 10 a.m. on Thursday.
- attend on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
〈正〉(危险、风险等)伴随 (dangers, risks, etc.) accompany
- attend to (v.+prep.)
照料,照顾 take care of
attend to sb/sth/v-ing
He offered to go and attend to the matter.
Leaders must personally attend to this work.
I will attend to all the arrangements for the journey.
While attending to the central task, we should unfold the work in other fields.
I suggest that you attend to the most urgent matters and let the rest wait.
If we do not attend to the problem, it will certainly grow.
She attended to all his needs while he was sick.
Attend to the wants of customers.
Jacelin attended to the machine.
Let's attend to finishing our work early.
All the customs formalities have been attended to.
The most urgent matters must be attended to first.
A lot of things have to be attended to.
Has your business been attended to by her in your absence?
Don't worry.Everything will be attended to in good time.
All their daily needs are attended to.
Prevention and cure are both attended to.
预防和治疗都有了着落。attend to sb/sth
You must attend to your studies.
You must attend carefully to these instructions.
Parents must attend to the education of their children.
Attend to me, children,I shan't repeat my words.
If you don't attend to your teacher, you'll never learn anything.
The clerks of this shop always attend to the suggestions and criticisms coming from their customers.
If you had attended to my advice, you would not be in trouble now.
You should attend to the advice and criticisms of customers.
We must attend to our work.
He attended to his business.
They attended faithfully to their duties.
Your request will be carefully attended to.
No one likes giving lectures that are not attended to by a large part of the audience.
没有人乐意在大部分听众不专心听讲时进行讲课。attend to wh-clause
She didn't attend to what I was saying.
If you had attended to what we told you, you wouldn't be in trouble now.
如果听了我们的话,你现在就不会有麻烦了。attend to sb/sth
Mother will attend to the baby while I go to the dance.
She attended to him by his bedside.
The doctor is attending to a patient.
He carefully attended to the wounded soldiers day and night.
You'd better attend to that girl.I think she's going to faint.
I'm very busy.I can't attend to you now.
Will you attend to the shop for a few minutes while I go to bank?
In a week they attended to 150 patients.
Is anybody attending to you?
Miss, are you being attended to?
The storehouses must be attended to before the rains start.
Your orders will be attended to in a moment.
All their daily needs are attended to.
His injury was attended to by a young doctor.
- attend with (v.+prep.)
带来,遇到 bring; meet
attend sth with sth
The attempt was attended with no results.
The accident was attended with great loss of life.
The work was attended with much difficulty.
Treatment with medicinal herbs is attended with good results.
Such a decision may be attended with serious consequences.
The earthquake was attended with great loss of life.
The operation is attended with some danger.
- attend a celebration 参加庆祝
- attend a class 上课
- attend a college 上大学
- attend a concert 出席音乐会
- attend a conference 参加会议
- attend a court of law 出庭
- attend a funeral 参加葬礼
- attend a gathering 参加集会
- attend a lecture 听讲课
- attend a match 观看比赛
- attend a meeting 出席会议
- attend a picnic 参加野餐
- attend a rally 参加集会
- attend a reception 出席招待会
- attend a reunion 参加团聚
- attend a review 参加检阅
- attend a wedding 参加婚礼
- attend a church 去教堂做礼拜
- attend a school 上学
- attend the exhibition 去看展览
- attend the movie 去看电影
- attend the show 去看戏
- attend far better 好得多地照顾
- attend well 很好地照顾
- attend assiduously 殷勤地照料
- attend carefully 细心地照顾
- attend casually 漫不经心地听
- attend cheerfully 兴高采烈地参加
- attend closely 严密地注意
- attend compulsorily 义务地参加
- attend consistently 始终如一地陪伴
- attend devotedly 热诚地照料
- attend eagerly 热心地照顾
- attend expertly 熟练地照顾
- attend fairly 相当地专心
- attend faithfully 忠诚地照看
- attend frequently 常常照顾
- attend habitually 惯常地给予照顾
- attend immediately 立即注意
- attend intermittently 断断续续地关照
- attend invariably 始终不渝地关照
- attend largely 很多人出席
- attend medically 护理
- attend nightly 夜间予以护理
- attend numerously 参加人数众多
- attend occasionally 偶尔出席
- attend patiently 耐心照料
- attend poorly 很少人出席
- attend professionally 内行地照料
- attend properly 恰当地照顾
- attend punctually 准时参加
- attend rarely 很少参加
- attend regularly 定期地出席
- attend scantily 参加人数稀稀落落
- attend seriously 严肃地注意
- attend stolidly 笨手笨脚地照顾
- attend strictly 严格护理
- attend successively 连续参加
- attend suitably 恰当地照顾
- attend unavailingly 徒劳地护理
I do condemn mine ears that have So long attended thee.出自：Cymbeline , Shakespeare
O Lord, attend vnto my crie.出自：Bible (AV): Psalms
Thus Chryses pray'd: the favouring power attends.出自： Pope
Mrs. Honeychurch started and smiled. She had not been attending.出自： E. M. Forster
Everything seems designed to be glanced at rather than attended to.出自： J. W. Krutch
- attend和attend at均表示“出席于……”的意思，不过习惯上更偏向于使用attend；
- attend和attend upon(on)均表示“照料，伺候”的意思，但是在特指医生或护士的照料时，习惯上常用attend；
I will attend to the matter soon.
- attend, attend to
- 这两者均可译为“出席”,但含义上有区别：attend指“人”去了, attend to则进一步指“心”去了,介词to在这里指“集中注意力于…”,例如:
- He attended school, but didn't attend to his lessons.
- He did attend the lecture this morning, but somehow he did not seem to attend to it.
- 今天上午他的确去听课了,可是不知 怎的他似乎心不在焉。
- attend on, attend to
- 1.attend to是“照料”的意思, attend on是“侍候”的意思。介词to表示对象,而on则进一步表示目的,含有使其满意的意味。
- 2.attend on的宾语只是人, attend to的宾语可以是人,也可以是物。
- 3.attend to还含有“认真听”“认真干”的含义。
- attend, be present
- 这两者均可译为“出席”。二者的区别是：attend强调的是过程, be present强调的是状态。例如:
- I attended a meeting this morning.
- He was present at the scene.
- attend, mind, tend, watch
- 这组词都有“照料(某人或某物)”的意思,在含义上略有不同：attend侧重“服侍使其更舒服”; mind侧重“保护其不出意外,不受损害”; tend侧重“注意某事使其正常运转”; watch侧重“预先做好防止发生危险的准备”,有连续性或专职性。例如:
- He attended her through her illness.
- There was nobody left to mind the shop.
- A farmer is tending his sheep.
- There was a policeman watching the pri- soner outside the house and making sure he didn't escape.
- 有位警察在监狱外监视那个犯人以 防他逃跑。
- attend, heed, mind, note, notice
- Mind that you don't forget to tell him.记住,别忘了告诉他。
- Mind out, there's a car coming.小心,一辆汽车开过来了。
- Peter attends school, but doesn't attend to his lesson.彼得上学去了,却没认真听课。
- He attended to his business.他专心于他的事务。
- He didn't attend to the point you spoke of.他没有注意到你说的要点。
- If she heeded what the teacher told her, she might make better progress.如果她多留意老师对她说的话,她也许会有更大的进步。
- She countered that her advice had not been heeded.她反驳说她的建议未被重视。
- He slipped away when we were not noticing.我们没注意时,他就溜走了。
- He didn't notice you when you passed by.你走过时,他没有注意到你。
- I noticed with great satisfaction that you made great progress.我很满意地看到,你取得了很大的进步。
- 5.note既可像notice那样觉察到某个细节,又可像attend, heed那样付出注意力,专心于某事,多用于祈使句中,且语气较强。例如:
- The president's every word was noted down.总统的每句话都被记录下来。
- Note how I do it, then copy me.注意看我是怎么做的,然后照着做。
- Note when the machine will stop.注意这台机器什么时候停。
- attend, accompany, escort
- 3.escort可作“护卫、护送”解,主语可以是人,也可以是物; accompany和attend均无此义。
- attend, mind, take care of
- Will you please mind the baby?请你照管一下这孩子好吗?
- Mary minded my shop while I was at lunch.当我午餐时,玛丽帮我照看商店。
- 2.take care of强调要付出爱心。例如:
- Don't worry,I'll take care of you.别担心,我会照顾你的。
- Mother stayed home to take care of my baby.妈妈留在家里照料我的孩子。
- Take care of the public property, please.请爱护公物。
- She attended on the wounded soldier day and night.她日夜护理受伤的战士。
- attend, join, participate, take part in
- He never attended a funeral.他从不参加丧礼。
- I'll try to follow your advice about participating in students' activities.我尽量遵照你的劝告,参加学生的活动。
- take part in指参加一项工作,在其中分担一部分,也指参加活动并积极工作。例如:
- I'm not going to take part in arguments.我不打算参加辩论。
- The doctor attended a patient.
- (attend sb)
- The doctor attends to a wound.
- (attend to sth)
- The doctor attended to a patient.
- (attend to sb)
- attend，join，participate，take part in
- take part in侧重参加某项群众性、集体性的事业、工作或活动，突出参加者在其中发挥一定的作用。
误 They attended a dance.
正 They went to a dance.
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的atendre，意为期望，注意；最初源自拉丁语的attendere：ad (去） + tendere (伸展），意为朝一方向努力伸展。