- 污名， 耻辱
- [C]商标,牌子 a glass of goods which is the product of a particular company or producer
- [C]烙印 a mark made usually to show the owner of sth
- vt. 打烙印于,以烙铁打 mark sth by or as if by burning
- vt. 加污名于,谴责 give a lasting bad name to; denounce
- a name given to a product or service
- a recognizable kind;
"there's a new brand of hero in the movies now"
"what make of car is that?"
- identification mark on skin, made by burning
- a piece of wood that has been burned or is burning
- a symbol of disgrace or infamy;
"And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"
- a cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard
- burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals
- to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful;
"He denounced the government action"
"She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
- mark with a brand or trademark;
"when this product is not branded it sells for a lower price"
- mark or expose as infamous;
"She was branded a loose woman"
- As an author who was in a period when the new and the old interlaced, Cervantes had a brand of two ages inevitably.
- You may personalize the design to match your company's existing brand identity and design specifications.
- The advertising manager may set as a goal for advertising an increase of 15 percent in consumer brand awareness in the next six months.
- She's gone over to a milder brand of cigarettes.
- He has his own brand of humor.
- The ceiling is pasted with labels of liquor brand .
- Those who have triumphantly withstood such strains may brand his name.
- It's unfair to brand all football fans as troublemakers.
- Cowboys round up their cattle in the spring time to brand the new calves.
What is your favorite brand of cigarettes?
These cattle have my brand on them.
We have branded our cattle.
His unhappy childhood has branded him for life.
That is branded in my memory.
The press branded him a liar.
They branded John for a hypocrite.
He was branded (as) a trouble-maker for taking part in the demonstration.
- put a brand on an animal 在动物身上烙上印记
- brand of cigarette 香烟的牌子
- brand sb a thief 诬蔑某人是贼
My comrade, having the brand of an old offender, was executed.出自：Defoe
To brand upon your thoughts How she was once a woman.出自：C. Kingsley
It was an evening branded into her memory.出自：E. F. Benson
- brand用作动词的基本意思是“打烙印于,以烙铁打”,用于比喻可作“铭刻”解,引申可表示“加污名于,谴责”。brand可接名词或代词作宾语,也可接以as〔for〕短语充当补足语的复合宾语, as〔for〕有时可省略。
- brand, make
这两个词的共同意思是“种类,牌号”。其区别是：make通常指使用期较长的物质; brand常指使用期较短的易消耗的物质。例如:This is a brand of soap.这是一块容易消耗的香皂。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的brnad，意为火焰，烧，火炬。
- BRAND:Broadband for Rural and Northern Development (Canada)发展农村和北部的宽带上网(加拿大)
- BRAND:Broadband For Rural And Northern Development发展农村和北部的宽带上网
- brand:brand n. 商标, 牌子, 烙印vt. 打火印, 污辱习惯用语a brand from the fire 幸免于难的人, 从罪恶中被挽救出的人, 皈依宗教的人a brand out of the…