- [C]球门 (in football, hockey, etc.)pair of posts with a crossbar, between which the ball has to be kicked, hit, etc. in order to score
- [C]进球得的分 point scored when the ball goes into the goal
- [C]努力的对象,目标 object of one's efforts; target
the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it;
"the ends justify the means"
the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey);
"a crowd assembled at the finish"
"he was nearly exhausted as their destination came into view"
game equipment consisting of the place toward which players of a game try to advance a ball or puck in order to score points
a successful attempt at scoring;
"the winning goal came with less than a minute left to play"
- No. 6 gave a long shot, but missed the goal.
- He has achieved his goal.
- If we lose sight of the goal, we cease to be Communists.
- That last goal was a beauty.
- He kicked a penalty goal in the football match.
- The centre forward headed the ball into the goal.
- Jack centred the ball,Jim got it and kicked it into the goal.
- What a fantastic goal!
- They finally cracked the defence and scored a goal.
- They had three goals in the first half, and another two in the second.
- A goal in the last minute decided the match.
- We scored a goal in the first minute of the game.
- He decided to reach his goal at all risks.
- Before starting on a project like this, you have to set yourself some clearly defined goals.
- What was his ultimate goal?
- When he at last arrived in Rome he felt he had reached his goal.
- She had always wanted to own her own house, and now she had obtained her goal.
- Prosperity for everyone is our long-term goal.
- get a goal 得一分
- keep goal 守球门
- make a goal 得一分
- score a goal 得一分
- take a goal 得一分,进一球
- win a goal 得一分,进一球
- achieve one's goal 达到目标
- attain one's goal 达到目标
- carry out the goal 实现目标
- fight for a goal 为目标而奋斗
- gain one's goal 达到目的
- have a goal 有目标,有目的
- keep a goal 保持目标
- obtain one's goal 达到目标
- reach one's goal 达到目的
- realize a goal 实现一项目标
- set oneself a goal of doing sth 为自己确定做某事的目标
- own goal (足球)踢入本队球门的一球
- an economic goal 经济目标
- an ambitious goal 野心勃勃的目标
- clear goal 明确的目标
- common goal 共同目标
- distant goal 遥远的目标
- long-range goal 长远目标
- long-term goal 长期目标
- the ultimate goal 最终目标
- true goal 真正目的
- win by two goals 以两球获胜
- goal in life 生活目标
Crown'd with Laurels, fairly won, Sits smiling at the goal, while others run.出自： fig.
- goal, aim, purpose
- 这组词的共同含义是“目的”,常通用,如aim〔goal,purpose〕 in life人生目标。它们之间的区别主要在于:
- 1.goal指比较宏大的总目标; purpose指近期比较确定的意图; aim指短期内比较具体、实际的目标。例如:
- He often asked himself what his goal in life should be.他常常自问人生的目标该是什么。
- Do you come here for the purpose of seeing your family or for business purpose?你来此地是为了看家还是为了做生意?
- Their aim was to take over industry for her.他们的目标是为她接管产业。
- His aim was to pass his examinations this year and go to college so he could eventually reach his goal of being a teacher.他的目标是今年考上大学,以便最终实现当教师的抱负。
- 2.purpose强调“有意去做”(行动坚决); aim强调“集中精力去做”(联想“瞄准”)。在努力程度上, aim比purpose要弱。例如:
- I am afraid he did it on purpose.我担心他是有意这么做的。
- His only aim in life is to make a fortune.他生活的唯一目标是赚钱发财。
- 3.goal具有理想性,并不强调最后一定要实现; purpose和aim则暗示能够实现,这在动词aim for中体现最明显。例如:
- The presidency was the goal of his ambition.他的奋斗目标是当总统。
- His aim is to become a doctor.他的目标是当一个医生。
- 4.purpose可以由他人来完成; 而goal则往往靠自己去努力。例如:
- The purpose of a tutorial system was to let each student realize his own educational goal.导师制旨在让学生认清自己的学习目标。
- ☆ 1530年左右进入英语，直接源自中古英语的gol，意为边界。
- starting 出发