- vt. 释放; 放开 set free; allow to come out
- vt. 发布; 发行; 发售 allow to be known or published; allow to be exhibited or to be placed on sale
- [S][U]释放; 免除,解除 setting free; the act of setting free or being set free
- [C]释放令 a letter or message that sets sb free
- [C]公映的新影片,发布的新闻〔消息〕 a new, record, or piece of information that has been released
- merchandise issued for sale or public showing (especially a record or film);
"a new release from the London Symphony Orchestra"
- the act of liberating someone or something
- a process that liberates or discharges something;
"there was a sudden release of oxygen"
"the release of iodine from the thyroid gland"
- an announcement distributed to members of the press in order to supplement or replace an oral presentation
- the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
- euphemistic expressions for death;
"thousands mourned his passing"
- a legal document evidencing the discharge of a debt or obligation
- a device that when pressed will release part of a mechanism
- activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion;
"she had no other outlet for her feelings"
"he gave vent to his anger"
- the act of allowing a fluid to escape
- a formal written statement of relinquishment
- (music) the act or manner of terminating a musical phrase or tone
- release, as from one's grip;
"Let go of the door handle, please!"
"relinquish your grip on the rope--you won't fall"
- grant freedom to; free from confinement
- let (something) fall or spill from a container;
"turn the flour onto a plate"
- prepare and issue for public distribution or sale;
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
- eliminate (a substance);
"combustion products are exhausted in the engine"
"the plant releases a gas"
- generate and separate from cells or bodily fluids;
"secrete digestive juices"
"release a hormone into the blood stream"
- make (information) available for publication;
"release the list with the names of the prisoners"
- part with a possession or right;
"I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"
"resign a claim to the throne"
- release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition
- make (assets) available;
"release the holdings in the dictator's bank account"
- The prisoner was questioned before his release.
- The electrons in the upper band eventually release energy, thereby emitting photons.
They released the prisoners.
Release the dog.He has been chained up for hours.
He released her arm.
Don't release your hold on the rope.
The commission released its findings.
The nurse is released from seven o'clock.
With the coming of the night, the north wind was again released.
The new trade figures have just been released.
Don't release this news to the public until we give you the go-ahead.
When is the best moment to release the date of the election to the newspapers?
Details of the scheme have not yet been released to the public.
The energy released by the chain reaction is transformed into heat.
After my examination I had a feeling of release.
The governor of the prison signed the release.
On this show they played the latest release.
- release from (v.+prep.)
把…从…解脱出来 set (sb or sth) free from (sth, usually bad or unpleasant) release sb/sth from sth
He released me from my torments.他解除了我的痛苦。
The patient asked the doctor to give him something that would release him from his pain.病人要求医生给他一点止痛药物。
Death at last released her from her pain.死亡最终使她免除了痛苦。
I released him from his promise.我让他不必履行诺言。
Nothing can release him from this legal obligation.什么也不能解脱他在法律上应承担的义务。用于 be ～ed 结构
The bird was released from the cage.鸟从笼里放出去了。
Three years later, the man was released from jail.三年以后,那人被释放出狱。
You can be released from prison early for good behaviour.你可以因表现好提前释放。
I wish to be released from my contract.我希望解除我的合同。
It's said he has already been released from duty.据说他已被解除职务。
- 把…从…解脱出来 set (sb or sth) free from (sth, usually bad or unpleasant) release sb/sth from sth
- release from
免除(某事)releasing or being released (sth)
This medicine will give you a release from pain. 这种药能消除你的痛楚。
从(某物)中释放the act of setting free or being set free
After his release from prison he came home. 他从狱中获释后回到家中。
- 免除(某事)releasing or being released (sth)
- release an animal 把动物放开
- release a book 发行书
- release the creative powers of the people 激发人民的创造性
- release a gramophone 发售唱片
- release one's grip 放开
- release information 透露消息
- release a new film 发行新影片
- release prisoners of war 释放战俘
- release a spring 松开弹簧
- release vapor 排放蒸气
- release blamelessly 无罪释放
- release consequently 有重大意义地释放
- release deftly 熟练地发行
- release finally〔ultimately〕 终于释放
- release instantaneously 即刻释放
- release recently 最新发行
- release subsequently 随后释放
- release unconditionally 无条件释放
- release from the command 被免除司令职务
- release from debt 还清债务
- release from duty 被解除职务
- release from jail 被释放出狱
- release from prison 从监狱中放出来
- release to the press 发布给新闻界
- agree to release 同意释放
- bring about〔effect〕 sb's release 释放某人
- give release from pain 解除痛苦
- sign a release 签发释放令
What a sense of release you must have experienced when you set fire to Thomas Earl Parkman, junior.出自：G. Greene
The release of first love long dammed up.出自：Day Lewis
From his innate melancholy he sought release through multifarious love-affairs.出自：M. Holroyd
The safety-catch..is..released with an easy flick of the thumb.出自：H. Reed
Fender's fork poked through the crust of his pie, releasing steam.出自：W. Gass
I had not been released from the Church's law of celibacy.出自：A. Kenny
It should not be too difficult to get Sudhir Babu released on bail.出自：M. Das
He released Patrick's hand and stood up.出自：I. Murdoch
- release, free, relieve
这组词都有“解除”的意思。其区别是：free指使某人或某物从某种限制的情况下解脱出来或释放,后面常跟介词from或of。release指使某人或某物较为具体地摆脱某种限制、束缚或痛苦,例如:He released her arm.他放开了她的手臂。The missile was automatically released by the computer.这枚导弹是通过计算机自动发射的。relieve指解除不愉快的感情或负担等,例如:It will relieve them of a tremendous burden.这将给他们解除一个巨大的负担。I wanted to relieve myself of these duties as soon as possible.我想尽快从这些责任中解脱出来。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的relaisser，意为放弃，丢下；最初源自拉丁语的relaxrae，意为放松，释放。
- release:音标 Phonetic symbol[ri'li:s] 词性及解释 Part of speech and definationn. 释放, 发泄, 豁免, 发行, 释放证书vt. 释放,解除, 放松…