- v. 出版；发行；公开发表
- vt. & vi. 出版 have a book, periodical, etc. printed and announce that it is for sale
- vt. & vi. 公布 make known to the public
put into print;
"The newspaper published the news of the royal couple's divorce"
"These news should not be printed"
prepare and issue for public distribution or sale;
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
have (one's written work) issued for publication;
"How many books did Georges Simenon write?"
"She published 25 books during her long career"
- Her book was published last year.
- He published this book with his pen-name .
- Oxford University Press will publish a new magazine.
- Prime minister will publish the broadcasting speech this evening.
- Only in 1687 did he at last publish his new theory.
- He has been publishing for many authors.
- The only daily newspaper in the city did not publish yesterday because of a strike.
- It's a good story,but we can't publish;it would offend many people.
- She has recently published her fourth book with the Commercial Press.
- They were forced to publish the secret news.
- The International Labor Office publishes the following statistics.
- Don't publish the faults of your friends.
- The dictionary was published by Oxford University Press.
- The book is published from the Foreign Languages Press.
- The Peking Review is published at Beijing.《
- The news of their marriage was not published until three months later.
- The treaty was secret and was not published until 1887.
- The book was published in 1952.
- Darwin's main work, the Origin of Species ,was published in November,1859.
- publish anonymously 匿名发表
- publish compulsorily 强制发表
- publish extensively 广泛地发表
- publish fraudulently 欺骗性地出版
- publish posthumously 死后发表
Publish it to the world.出自： L. Strachey
- publish, announce, declare, proclaim
- 1.从主语上说, proclaim的主语只能是权力机关或政府首脑; announce, declare和publish则既可以是权力机关或政府首脑,也可以是普通个人。
- 2.从宾语上说,即宣布的内容上说, announce指公众关心的,特别是具有新闻性的事件。例如:
- The rise of prices of grain was announced in the papers.粮价上涨已在报上公布。
- The government declared rubber a strategic and critical material.政府宣布橡胶为重要战略物资。
- The founding of the United Nations was proclaimed in 1945.1945年联合国宣告成立。
- 3.从宣布的方法上说, announce, declare, proclaim既可指口头地,也可指书面地; 而publish则主要指印成文字地。
- 4.从宣布的目的上说, announce, proclaim, publish在于使众所周知; 而declare则在于使人明白。例如:
- The arrested man declared himself innocent.被捕的人声称自己是无罪的。
- 5.从使用场合上说, proclaim用在正式场合; declare主要用于正式场合,也可用于非正式场合; announce则不如proclaim和declare正式庄重,可以用于一般场合,也可用于官方正式公告。