- (American football) a play that involves one player throwing the ball to a teammate;
"the coach sent in a passing play on third and long"
- euphemistic expressions for death;
"thousands mourned his passing"
- the motion of one object relative to another;
"stellar passings can perturb the orbits of comets"
- the end of something;
"the passing of winter"
- a bodily reaction of changing from one place or stage to another;
"the passage of air from the lungs"
"the passing of flatus"
- going by something that is moving in order to get in front of it;
"she drove but well but her reckless passing of every car on the road frightened me"
- success in satisfying a test or requirement;
"his future depended on his passing that test"
"he got a pass in introductory chemistry"
- lasting a very short time;
"the ephemeral joys of childhood"
"a passing fancy"
"youth's transient beauty"
"love is transitory but it is eternal"
- of advancing the ball by throwing it;
"a team with a good passing attack"
"a pass play"
- allowing you to pass (e.g., an examination or inspection) satisfactorily;
"a passing grade"
- hasty and without attention to detail; not thorough;
"a casual (or cursory) inspection failed to reveal the house's structural flaws"
"a passing glance"
- to an extreme degree;
- We counted the cars of the passing freight train.
- It's only a passing whim.
- Tom found himself glanced at the shoe with some little passing touch of pride.
- I got a passing mark.
- in passing顺便
- passing light近光
- passing punch预冲孔冲头
- parameter passing参数传递
- passing plane传球的高度
- percent passing过筛百分率
- passing place让车道
- passing lane传球路线
- passing key共用电锁,总电键...
- passing shot超身球
- passing distance超车距离
- passing shower阵雨
- token passing令牌传递
- passing bell丧钟
- by passing旁路, 分路
- passing member贯通构件
- passing fancy心血来潮
There was a good deal of passing down of clothes.出自：N. Streatfeild
Alfred's..tribute to his father was a poem full of grief at his passing.出自：R. P. Graves
The black tom fled at her passing.出自：G. Lord
The noise of a passing car.出自：D. Mackenzie
He had been abandoned by some passing fugitives.出自：B. Breytenbach
- passing:passing一词也表"冒充"的意思 passing n. 经过, 通过, 消逝(死) adj. 经过的, 短暂的, 偶然的, 及格的英英解释:名词passing:1. (American footb…