- =general order 通令
- vi. 去; 走; 行; 驶 move; pass from one point to another and away from the speaker, etc.
- vi. 进行,运行,运转 happen in a certain way; revolve; operate
- vi. 放,置 put; place; lay
- vi. 伸展,通往 extend; get through
- vi. 消失,丢失 die away; lose
- vi. 垮下来,死 decline; break down; die
- vi. 花费,销售 cost; spend; sail
- vi. 行,有效 effective; valid
- vi. 发出…声音,响 make out sound
- vi. (时间)过去 (time) pass by
- vi. 据说,流传 be stated, said in a certain way
- vi. 变得,成为,处于…状态 act so as to come into a certain state or condition
- [C]轮到机会 one's turn, especially in a game
- [U]精力,干劲 an active lively quality
- [C]侵袭,发作 attack of an illness
a time for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else);
"it's my go"
"a spell of work"
street names for methylenedioxymethamphetamine
a usually brief attempt;
"he took a crack at it"
"I gave it a whirl"
a board game for two players who place counters on a grid; the object is to surround and so capture the opponent's counters
functioning correctly and ready for action;
"all systems are go"
change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically;
"How fast does your new car go?"
"We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"
"The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"
"The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"
"news travelled fast"
follow a procedure or take a course;
"We should go farther in this matter"
"She went through a lot of trouble"
"go about the world in a certain manner"
"Messages must go through diplomatic channels"
move away from a place into another direction;
"Go away before I start to cry"
"The train departs at noon"
enter or assume a certain state or condition;
"He became annoyed when he heard the bad news"
"It must be getting more serious"
"her face went red with anger"
"She went into ecstasy"
be awarded; be allotted;
"The first prize goes to Mary"
"Her money went on clothes"
have a particular form;
"the story or argument runs as follows"
"as the saying goes..."
stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point;
"Service runs all the way to Cranbury"
"His knowledge doesn't go very far"
"My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"
"The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
follow a certain course;
"The inauguration went well"
"how did your interview go?"
be abolished or discarded;
"These ugly billboards have to go!"
"These luxuries all had to go under the Khmer Rouge"
be or continue to be in a certain condition;
"The children went hungry that day"
make a certain noise or sound;
"She went `Mmmmm'"
"The gun went `bang'"
perform as expected when applied;
"The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"
"Does this old car still run well?"
"This old radio doesn't work anymore"
to be spent or finished;
"The money had gone after a few days"
"Gas is running low at the gas stations in the Midwest"
progress by being changed;
"The speech has to go through several more drafts"
"run through your presentation before the meeting"
continue to live through hardship or adversity;
"We went without water and food for 3 days"
"These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"
"The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"
"how long can a person last without food and water?"
pass, fare, or elapse; of a certain state of affairs or action;
"How is it going?"
"The day went well until I got your call"
pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life;
"She died from cancer"
"The children perished in the fire"
"The patient went peacefully"
"The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
be in the right place or situation;
"Where do these books belong?"
"Let's put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government"
"Where do these books go?"
be ranked or compare;
"This violinist is as good as Juilliard-trained violinists go"
begin or set in motion;
"I start at eight in the morning"
"Ready, set, go!"
have a turn; make one's move in a game;
"Can I go now?"
be contained in;
"How many times does 18 go into 54?"
be sounded, played, or expressed;
"How does this song go again?"
blend or harmonize;
"This flavor will blend with those in your dish"
"This sofa won't go with the chairs"
lead, extend, or afford access;
"This door goes to the basement"
"The road runs South"
be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired;
"This piece won't fit into the puzzle"
go through in search of something; search through someone's belongings in an unauthorized way;
"Who rifled through my desk drawers?"
"All my money went for food and rent"
give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number;
"I plumped for the losing candidates"
stop operating or functioning;
"The engine finally went"
"The car died on the road"
"The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"
"The coffee maker broke"
"The engine failed on the way to town"
"her eyesight went after the accident"
- We' ll go for a walk if you feel like it.
- I must be going.
- A few days later, things started to go wrong.
- Everything went very smoothly.
- The boat rolled gently with the come and go of small waves.
- Let's have a go at it.
- She's always so full of go.
- There is too much in the British Museum for us to take in at one go.
- It's too late,I must go.
- He went early.
- We had less than three miles to go.
- The train is going north.
- The train goes in 15 minutes.
- We go thus far today.
- Everything went pretty smoothly.
- There are still two years to go.
- The engine went beautifully.
- Where does this road go to?
- I want a rope long enough to go from here to there.
- The roots of this plant go deep.
- My fever has gone, but I have a cough.
- War must go.
- He got up in the morning and found that all the snow had gone.
- Where is my pen?It's gone.
- The old settee will have to go.
- He's incompetent, he'll have to go.
- I don't know where the money goes!
- The new dictionary is going well.
- The antique table went to the lady in the pink hat.
- This key won't go in the lock.
- The ladder went at the critical moment.
- After George went, she moved into a smaller house.
- I'm afraid he has gone.
- Vacation goes quickly.
- The time went quickly.
- The story goes that he was murdered.
- This is how the song goes.
- Let's go to see him at once.
- Let's go to watch the game right now.
- Did you go and see her the day before yesterday?
- Don't go and make a fool of yourself.
- Don't go and gloat over another's misfortune.
- Don't go and foul your own nest.
- Go have a glass of beer!
- It's time to go sleep.
- They will go live in the suburbs.
- We're going to turn more land into paddy field.
- He had been going to take her to a lecture that night, but he had a headache.
- It is going to snow tomorrow.
- It was going to be some time before they would see each other again.
- But I'm not going to argue with you tonight.
- They were not going to hold the sports meeting as scheduled.
- We are going to have a meeting tomorrow and discuss what to do next.
我们明天要开个会讨论下一步干什么。 Are you going to review your lesson?今天下午你打算复习功课吗？
- The wind went down toward sunset. It's going to be fine tomorrow.
- Ducks go “quack”.
- The mirror went “crack”, and fell off the wall.
- When the alarm goes, he has to leave for his work.
- The clock just went eleven.
- In the old days, my father worked hard but always went hungry.
- The woman had gone mad.
- The milk went sour.
- He's gone blind.
- My hair is going grey.
- Her face went white with fear.
- The telephone has gone dead.
- Something has gone wrong with my electric light.
- The field near the reservoir can hardly go short of water.
- The men of this tribe used to go naked.
- All my letters went unanswered.
- My absence had gone unnoticed.
- You'd better go armed while in the jungle.
- The thieves must not go unpunished.
- He often goes marketing.
- He goes tutoring now.
- She went sight-seeing.
- Won't you come and go skating with me?
- We'll go dancing this afternoon.
- Let's go boating this afternoon.
- His father liked to go collecting birds' eggs.
- These TV sets are going begging.
- It's my go to throw the ball.
- Whose go is it next?
- You'll be given a go next time.
- Mr. Wang is 75 but he still has plenty of go in him.
- The youth has plenty of go in him.
- The children are full of go.They run and play all day.
- She's got plenty of go, and is sure to do well in her job.
- It's all go with these tycoons.
- The music had no go.
- He's had a bad go of flu.
- He passed his driving test at the first go.
- It's sure to be a go.
- Here is a pretty go!
- It's no go.
- I'm sure you'll have your go.
- go about1 (v.+adv.)
改变方向 change direction
- go about2 (v.+prep.)
处理,从事,做,忙于 perform or undertake or be occupied with
go about sth
How shall we go about it?
We went about it wrong.
He had to leave me to go about his duties.
He went about the job half-heartedly.
Then we went about our respective tasks.
All that afternoon he went about his work fretfully.
He is going about his work in earnest.
The way with which you'll go about the task really matters.
- go about with (v.+adv.+prep.)
同…到处走动,同…到处溜 move about with
- go across (v.+prep.)
go across sth
He is going across the field.
- go after (v.+prep.)
追逐,追求 try to get or obtain or chase or pursue
go after sb/sth
Go after him!He is running away.
Half the guards went after the escaped prisoners, but they went away.
The dogs went after the wounded deer.
Why don't you go after her?
His father lost his job again, and he will have to go after another one.
Jim decided to go after the big prize.
- go against (v.+prep.)
对…不利 have an adverse effect on
- go all out
全力以赴 make one's utmost effort
- go along (v.+adv.)
走开,去你的 go away from
〔说明〕 go along通常不用于进行体。
We'll learn as we go along.
I check the spelling as I go along.
You'll find the work easier as you go along .
How is your work on that novel going along ?
你那本小说写得怎样了?go along for the ride
I don't really want to go to the grocery store but I'll go along for the ride.
我不一定是去杂货店,但我可以去兜会儿风。go along with sb/sth
I went along with him.
I'll like you to go along with me.
Would you like me to go along with you?
A splendid bookcase goes along with the complete encyclopaedia if you pay cash.
如果你付现金购买全套百科全书,可免费获得一个极好的书柜。go along with sb/sth
We'll go along with you.
I can't go along with that fellow.
I can't go along with you on this matter.
The director prefers going along with the majority.
More and more people go along with the idea that pollution should be settled seriously.
We'll go along with your suggestion.
我们赞成你的建议。go along with you
Go along with you! What you say is all nonsense!
- go around〔round〕 (v.+adv.)
足够分配 be enough to distribute
Keep quiet while you're going around.
I went around to see him yesterday evening.
Let's go around to his office and have a talk to him.
The water wheel goes around and around.
But the truth is that it is energy that makes the world go around.
I'm better now, but my head keeps going round.
我现在好一点了,但我的头还是晕。go around v-ing
Don't go around telling lies like that.
Don't go around making up stories about being saved by someone who doesn't exist.
Johnson is going around looking for a job.
They have been going around for three years now.
John and Mary have been going round for two years now, but they still haven't decided whether to marry or not.
There are a lot of colds going around.
Chicken pox is going around here.
An amusing story is going around these days.
A rumour is going round that you are leaving.
Rumors went around that there was a ghost in the house, so no one dared to go there.
Word went round that something important was to happen.
There were enough people to go around .
We don't have enough chairs to go around.
I fear the apples wouldn't go round.
Only a few guests came, so there were more than enough sandwiches to go around .
- go at (v.+prep.)
大干 do sth with all one's strength
- go away (v.+adv.)
私奔 leave secretly
- go back (v.+adv.)
Once his decision is made, there will be no going back.
他一旦作出决定,就没法回头了。go back to sth
When are you going back to work?
Only when the war was over in 1918 was he able to go happily back to work.
When they returned to Naples they went back to their regular dock jobs there.
Species do not usually go back to earlier forms.
Let us go back to the subject we were discussing.
To go back to the point you have just mentioned is worthless.
If you go back to the moral standard which existed 20 years ago, you may find something that you've missed so much.
We can go back to the time of Industrial Revolution if we trace the history of mass production.
The friendly contacts between our two peoples can go back to the Tang Dynasty.
我们两国人民间的友好往来可以追溯到唐朝。go back to sth
The garden goes back to that wall.
The campus goes back to that river.
Our land goes all the way back to the field over there.
That road goes back to the city centre.
那条路又折回到市中心。go back on sb/sth
You can't go back on me now!
They have sometimes gone back on their friends.
Once you have promised me, you must not go back on me.
He's not the kind of man who would go back on his words.
Don't go back on your words.
- go before (v.+prep.)
时间上居先 happen in an earlier time
go before sth
The conference was similar to any that had gone before.I don't want to come again.
It is the same question that has gone before.What's the use of talking about it again ?
- go below (v.+prep.)
到…以下 be below sth
go below sth
Here the temperature never goes below zero centigrade.
- go beyond (v.+prep.)
go beyond sb/sth
He was not allowed to go beyond the limits of the city.
You have gone beyond your power.
Your teasing of the new typist has gone beyond a joke and I advise you to stop it.
The results have gone beyond our hopes.
In all these economic theories he went beyond the other radicals.
- go by1 (v.+adv.)
顺便走访 drop in
- go by2 (v.+prep.)
判断 give a judgement
- go down (v.+adv.)
合意; 称心; 顺手 be satisfied
Go down and see who is at the door, please.
He went down on his knees and begged for mercy.
A bullet hit him and he went down.
Her weight went down from 65 kilos to 50 kilos because of her illness.
The ship went down.
The sun went down.
The sea is going down.
Prices began to go down.
The tyre has gone down.
The balloon has gone down.
This neighbourhood has gone down a lot.
The idea went down badly.
The new play went down quite well.
Her excuse didn't go down well, no one believed it.
The teacher said that the day the war ended would go down in history.
老师说战争结束的这天将载入史册。go down to sth
Few of his works will go down to posterity.
The first volume goes down to the end of the war.
France went down to Germany.
Fighting tooth and nail, the peasants refused to go down before the invaders.
农民们不甘为入侵者所征服而作殊死的斗争。go down to sth
Go down to the bottom of the page and then stop.
I'm afraid he has gone down again.
The new sewing machine didn't go down very well even after a month's use.
- go far
经用,够用 be enough
- go fifty-fifty
双方平摊 divide equally between two people or two parties
- go for (v.+prep.)
以…价售出 sell at the price of
- go for nothing
不起作用,白费劲 does not work or to become a waste of energy
- go forth (v.+adv.)
发出 be sent out
- go forward (v.+adv.)
被提出 be put forward
They went slowly forward.
We shall go forward together.
The work is going forward well.
The building of the dam is going forward without any trouble.
What's going forward over there?
那边在干什么?go forward to sb
The suggestion went forward to the committee.
- go in (v.+adv.)
攻击 attack a special place
- go in for (v.+adv.+prep.)
支持,赞成; 主张 give support to or express approval
- go into (v.+prep.)
被用于 be spent on
- go it
干吧 go ahead
- go off1 (v.+adv.)
变差 get bad
I'd better have waited till the rain went off.
When he saw the policeman, the thief went off like a shot.
They went off without telling me (where they were going).
She's gone off with my book.
她拿着我的书走了。go off with sb
She went off with the gardener's son.
Her parents didn't allow her to marry the young man and she went off with him secretly.
她父母不允许她与那个年轻人结婚,她便悄悄地和他私奔了。go off with
Has the baby gone off yet?
He has gone off by the fire.
The headache went off quite suddenly.
Suddenly the lights went off.
The heating goes off at night.
At what time does the movie go off?
The bomb went off, killing three people.
I could hear the bombs going off on the other side of the city.
He was badly injured when a firework went off in his face.
The gun went off by accident.
He went off into a passion.
The alarm went off when the thieves went in.
I nearly fell out of bed when the alarm went off this morning.
Everything went off smoothly.
Everything went off according to the plan.
How did the performance go off?
The performance went off splendidly.
Meat goes off quickly in hot weather.
Fish soon goes off in this hot weather.
Don't eat that fruit, it has gone off a bit.
He used to be quite a good player, but he's gone off lately.
The lecturer used to do well, but he seems to have gone off now.
- go off2 (v.+prep.)
对…失去兴趣 lose interest in
go off sb/sth/v-ing
He has gone off her, and doesn't want to see her again.
I've gone off tea, give me some coffee.
I'm afraid I've gone off Japanese food.
Many people have gone off having holidays at home.They prefer going abroad on holidays.
- go on1 (v.+adv.)
别开玩笑 stop playing joke on
Go on until you get to the next corner and then turn left.
Go straight on until you come to a large white building.
After a short rest, they took up their knapsacks and went on.
Go on!You are right this time.I should congratulate you.
Go on, what happened next?
I don't mean to interrupt, please go on.
She hesitated for a moment, and then went on.
Don't be nervous!You've almost got the answer.Go on!
Let's go on!
We'll stop here.We'll go on tomorrow.
How long will this cold weather go on?
这种冷天气还得持续多久?go on to-v
She went on to talk after she finished reading the book.
After singing us a song, she went on to tell us a story.
He went on to talk about the world situation.
Go on to read Lesson Three.
How did you go on there?
How did you go on in your examination?
We could hardly have gone on without your help.
Do you have facts to go on?
I wonder what was going on.
There is a crowd outside.What is going on?
What is going on here?
What's going on next door?There seems to be a good deal of noise.
That sort of thing goes on all the time.
It's your turn to go on.
She doesn't go on until Act Two.
She went on as a witch in Macbeth .
She goes on terribly when she gets angry.
她一生气,就骂不绝口。go on at sb
If he goes on at you again, you should resign.
Why do you go on at him all the time?He does his best.
I don't like the way he goes on at his children.
The lights went on at 6 o'clock.
The lights went on day and night and it was really a waste.
The heating goes on automatically when it is below 15 degrees in the room.
As time went on, things began to change.
As time went on, many changes took place in our village.
As time went on, people came to be aware of the seriousness of China's population.
I get more depressed, as time goes on.
Go on, you're kidding me.
Oh, go on (with you)!
- go on2 (v.+prep.)
继续下去; 延续下去 continue without pause
- go on to (v.+adv.+prep.)
- go on with (v.+adv.+prep.)
继续干,一度中止后再继续干 continue doing sth
- go out (v.+adv.)
不再流行,过时 cease to be fashionable
- go out with (v.+adv.+prep.)
和…约会 make appointment with
go out with sb
How long has Mary been going out with David?
My parents wouldn't let me go out with boys.
My mother won't allow me to go out with him.
- go over1 (v.+adv.)
Did his lecture go over well?Did they like it?
His speech went over well.
They didn't tell me whether his speech went over all right or badly.
The concert went over very well.
Is the meeting going over as well as we hoped?
This matter will go over until the next session.
这件事将留待下次会议讨论。go over into/in sth
The car went over into a ditch.
It took all he could do to keep his cart from going over in the tortuous mountain trails.
Go over and help him.
过去帮他一下。go over to sb/sth
They have gone over to the enemy.
The chief of the group has gone over to the opposite.
Italy went over to the Allies in 1944.
Most of the army went over to the PLA after being defeated.
We don't have time to deal with this question today, it'll have to go over to the next session.
- go over2 (v.+prep.)
- go sky-high
高速增长 go very high
- go through1 (v.+adv.)
成交生意 successfully complete
- go through2 (v.+prep.)
- go to (v.+prep.)
等于,相当于 be equal
- go to it
好好干 make sth done well
- go together (v.+adv.)
互相牵扯 entail each other
- go under (v.+adv.)
失败,破产 go bankrupt
- go up (v.+adv.)
破产 become bankrupt
I see the mercury is going up.Perhaps we're going to get a spell of good weather at last.
The temperature is going up; will the snow melt?
Everything seems to be going up these days.
Prices of all kinds of goods have gone up.
Consumer goods production was to go up by six percent in that city.
A cheer went up in the hall.
When the first stream of clear water flowed into the canal, a great cheer went up.
A shout went up from the crowd at the game.
The bomb went up, killing three people.
A chemical factory went up in North England, killing many people.
How many houses have gone up this year?
New universities went up at a fantastic rate in the 1980s.
Everywhere you look, you can see glass and concrete monstrosities going up.
New office blocks are going up in the city.
New buildings are going up everywhere.
The curtain went up.
开演了。go up to sth
When will you go up to Cambridge University?
I go up to London.
He will go up to the Arctic Region.
他将到北极地区去。go up for sth
She has gone up for the exam.
她已经报考。go up in smoke〔flames〕
Her hopes of going to college went up in smoke when her father lost his job.
With the outbreak of renewed hostilities on the border all their hopes for peace have gone up in flames.
The firm in which Dick worked has gone up.
- go with (v.+prep.)
与…持同一看法,同意 agree with
- go without (v.+prep.)
不言而喻,理所当然 be easily understood
go without sth
He went without enough food for several days.
We had to go without many necessities.
In primitive times man went without shoes or clothing.
It's unhealthy to go without sleep.
缺少睡眠对身体不利。go without saying that
It goes without saying that he is a good father.
It goes without saying that health is above wealth.
It goes without saying that an experienced person will do that work better than someone without experience.
- all the go
非常流行,风行一时 very fashionable
- at one go
一下子,一举 in one single attempt
- have a go
- make a go of
成功 make a success of
- on the go
活跃,忙个不停 active, never resting
- go apprentice 当学徒
- go it 使劲儿,放荡
- go it alone 单干
- go it blind 瞎干
- go it strong on sth 热烈赞许某事
- go partners 共同出资
- go the whole hog 全力以赴
- go asleep 入睡
- go bad (食物等)腐败变质
- go blind 失明
- go broke 破产
- go dry 禁酒
- go ill 事态恶化
- go mad 发狂
- go mad with joy 欣喜若狂
- go native 采取土著人的生活方式
- go red with anger 气得(满脸)通红
- go wild with joy 欣喜若狂
- go wrong 堕落,走入歧途
- go abroad 出国
- go ahead 前进
- go all lengths 尽一切可能
- go downstairs 去下楼
- go downtown 去市中心商业区
- go early 早早离去
- go easy 轻松一点
- go free 被释放,被解放
- go halves 平分,彼此一半
- go home 回家
- go nearly 几乎死掉
- go slow 慢慢走,怠工
- go straight 笔直地走,做正直的人
- go too far 过火,走极端
- go upstairs 上楼
- go west 去西天
- go boldly 大胆执行
- go carefully 仔细装入
- go deeply 流传深远
- go elaborately 备有详尽地…
- go gladly 乐意旅行
- go habitually 通常处于…状态
- go immediately 立即行动
- go leisurely 有节奏地运转
- go rapidly 迅速运转
- go smoothly 静静地运行
- go suddenly 突然运行
- go thoroughly 彻底放弃
- go utterly 完全地消逝
- go along 前进
- go back 回来,回顾,走下坡路
- go back home 回家
- go before 走在前面,居先,超过
- go behind 调查,摸底
- go beyond 超出,越过
- go by 经过
- go down 价格下跌,船只沉没,被记下,破产,退学
- go downhill 走下坡路
- go forth 出发,发布,发表
- go forward 前进
- go in 进入,参加
- go off 离开,出走
- go on 接下去
- go out 出去(交朋友),熄灭,公布,上演,看不见了
- go over 越过,改变立场
- go over big 大受欢迎
- go over the accounts 核对账目
- go round 各处走走
- go through 通过,经历
- go together 陪同
- go under 沉没,失败
- go up 升高,(灯)亮起,爆炸或起火,(舞台幕布)拉起,(叫喊声,欢呼声)四起
- go hard with sb 使某人为难
- go away for the weekend 外出度周末
- go back to one's old habits 恢复老习惯
- go down in history 载入史册
- go down on one's knees 跪下
- go down well with sb 为某人所接受,受某人欢迎
- go forward with one's plans 着手实施计划
- go in deep with one's studies 深入研究
- go off into a fit of laughter 发出一阵大笑
- go off with 拿走,抢走
- go off with public money 携公款潜逃
- go on at sb 责怪某人
- go on for 接近
- go on with one's homework 继续做家庭作业
- go over to America 去美国游览
- go over to the other side of the street 走到街对面去
- go through with the experiment 把实验进行到底
- go up in smoke 告吹
- go up to town 上城里去
- go back of 〈美口〉调查,研究
- go out of 离开
- go out of date 过时
- go out of one's way to help sb 不怕麻烦地帮助某人
- go out of the house 离开房子
- go along with 随…一起去,赞同,同意
- go away with sb 与某人私奔
- go about 四处走动,着手干…,做…
- go about one's business 干自己的事
- go about one's work 着手工作
- go above the world's level 超过世界水平
- go across 越过,渡过
- go across a bridge 过桥
- go across a river 渡过一条河
- go after 寻找,追求
- go after a job 寻求职业
- go against 反对…,违反…,对…不利
- go against sb's wishes 违背某人的心愿
- go against the grain 对谷物不利
- go along the bank of the river 沿着河岸走
- go around the world 周游世界
- go at 扑过去,攻击,兴冲冲地干
- go at length into the history of 详细谈谈…的历史
- go at one's work 努力工作
- go between 做中间人
- go beyond 超越…
- go beyond one's duty 超越职权范围
- go beyond the call of duty 超越工作的要求
- go by 从…旁边经过,被叫做
- go by the book 照章办事
- go by the decision 遵照决定
- go by train 坐火车去
- go down 去某地,(南)下,下(楼等)
- go down a hill 下山
- go down the river 顺流而下
- go for 去(做某事),去拿(某物),迷上,与(人或事)有关,对…同样适宜
- go for a doctor 去请医生
- go for a drive 开车去玩
- go for a haircut 去理发
- go for a walk 去散步
- go for little 被认为不大有用
- go for much 被认为大有用处
- go for nothing 毫无用处
- go from...to 从…到…
- go from bad to worse 越来越糟,每况愈下
- go ill with 对…不利
- go into 细说,调查,研究,进入…界
- go into effect 生效
- go into law 开始做律师
- go into the army 参军
- go into the problem 研究这个问题
- go into town 进城
- go like the wind 飞驰
- go off 离开,进行(得如何)
- go off duty 离开岗位,下班
- go off the air 停止广播
- go on (时间)过去,依据(某信息等)
- go on a strike 举行罢工
- go on a trip 去旅行
- go on foot 走路去
- go over 朝(某人)过来,仔细推敲,仔细查看,检查
- go over a mountain 翻越一座山
- go over one's lesson 复习功课
- go over the article 把文章再细看一遍
- go over the books 仔细看书
- go through 寻找,把…再过一遍,获准,通过,用掉,举行,参加(仪式),审查
- go through a door 通过一扇门
- go through a red light 闯过红灯
- go through fire and water 赴汤蹈火
- go through many changes 几经变迁
- go through the books 检查账目
- go through the forest 穿过森林
- go through the main points again 将要点重复一次
- go to 去(某地方),出席,被给予,归于
- go to a lot of trouble 费不少心血
- go to bat for 为人辩护判决
- go to bed 上床
- go to college 上大学
- go to law 控告
- go to pieces 破碎,崩溃,瓦解
- go to school 上学
- go to sea 去当水手
- go to sleep 入睡
- go to the country (英国解散议会)举行大选
- go under the name of 被称作
- go up a hill 上山
- go up the river 逆流而上
- go with 连带,同…协调,爱,与…相结交
- go with the time 赶时髦
- go without 缺少,没有…而忍受过去
- go without saying 不待说
- all the go 〈美〉非常流行
- capital go 妙极了
- fair go 公平对待,机会均等
- first go 第一次尝试
- jolly go 怪事
- near go 几乎送命
- no go 不行,办不到,不成功
- pretty go 尴尬的事情
- queer go 难办的事
- sentry go 换哨命令
'Rum go, that,' said George when she had left.出自： K. Amis
I have resolved to run when I can, to go when I cannot run, and to creep when I cannot go.出自： Bunyan
My horse went very awkwardly and uneasy.出自： Defoe
- go用作不及物动词时,常可接带to的动词不定式,这动词不定式并不是用作状语表示目的,而是与go构成一个动词短语,意思是“去做某事”,在非正式英语中,这种结构常可变为go and do sth,而在美式英语中and常被省去。
- go常用于“be going to+动词原形”结构,可以用于表示时间，即“将要做某事”；也可以用于表示意志，即“打算做某事”“准备做某事”。表示“将要做某事”的用法在美式英语中使用得很广泛,大有取代英式英语中的shall〔will〕之势。表示“打算做某事”“准备做某事”时多用于人称结构,用于被动语态时则可用于非人称结构，表示情况的必然或或然等。用于一般过去时态，be going to所表示的意图往往是未达到的。I was going to see you yesterday, but it rained. 我本本打算昨天去看你，可是下雨了。; 也可为非人称代词it,用于自然现象。
- “be going to”后有时也可接名词(多表示地点),这时to是介词。现代英语中也可用“be going to go to”,两者意思相同,都表示“去某地”,但后者使用不太广泛。
- “not going to”的含义因主语不同而有异。当主语是第一人称时意为“(主语)不愿做某事”; 当主语是第二或第三人称时则意为“(说话人)不许(主语)做某事”或“(说话人)认为(主语)无权做某事”。
- go to后常接不带冠词的名词,表示去进行一种活动,而不表示去什么地方。例如:go to school(上学)是习惯用法。
- go在用作不及物动词时,其主动结构有时含有被动意义,这主要用于①以废弃、去掉、放弃的东西作主语。常与must, have to, can等连用; ②以花费的金钱〔时间〕作主语,常以in引出花钱〔时间〕的项目,以on引出花钱〔时间〕的目标; ③以售卖的东西作主语,接to引出买主,接at引出单价,接for引出卖得的钱; ④以授予的奖品、称号或财产作主语,以to引出承受人; ⑤以装入物为主语,以in引出容纳物。
- go用作系动词时,还可以现在分词作补足语,这种用法源自“go+动名词”,一般用来表示①带有经常性的一般活动,如go shopping; ②带有一定程度的职业性活动,如go soldiering; ③体育运动或娱乐消遣,如go swimming〔fishing〕等。
- go可指在游戏中轮到某人做游戏; 在口语中,也可指人精力充沛或具有活力和生气; 还可指疾病等的侵袭或发作。
- have a go的意思是“尝试”“抱怨”; make a go of的意思是“成功”; on the go的意思是“忙碌”。
- go on doing sth, go on to do sth
- go on doing sth指不停地,或稍停后“继续原来的事”; 而go on to do sth 指完成某事后“继续”另一件事。例如:
- Go on reading Lesson Three.继续读第三课。
- He welcomed the new students and then went on to explain the college regulations.他首先欢迎新同学,然后接着解释这所学校的规章制度。
- be going to, be about to
- be going to, be thinking of, intend, mean
- 2.be going to表示在说话之前已经作出决定; 而be thinking of则表示正在“想”或“打算”,还没有最后决定。
- 3.在口语中,一般不用intend to,而用be going to或be thinking of的形式来表达。
- go, come
- 1.一般说来, come所表示的动作是朝向说话人或听话人的; 而go则用于运动方向。
- 2.在作定语时, to come意为“即将来到的”, to go则是“剩下”的意思。试比较:
- You should always think of the danger to come.
- With only a few minutes to go, he went to school in a hurry.
- 3.表示参加到说话人的活动中去时,通常用come (with),而不用go。
- go on, continue, last, succeed
- go, become
- 1.当表示人们感情上的变化时,通常用become; 指人的身体上的变化时,可用go或become。例如:
- He became aware of the gravity of the situation.他开始意识到情况的严重性。
- She became〔went〕 mad.她疯了。
- His mother became〔went〕 blind. 他母亲双目失明了。
- The milk went sour.牛奶变酸了。
- Fish soon goes bad in hot weather.热天鱼很快会坏。
- He has become accustomed to his new duties.他对他的新职务已习惯了。
- go, become, come, grow, turn
- 1.come多指向好的方向转变; go往往指向坏的方面转变; become指向好的(也可指向坏的)方面发展, turn是正式用语,指向好的,也指向坏的方面转变。试比较:
- When did that style of dress come into fashion?
- When did that style of dress go out of fashion?
- 2.come的主语往往是人; become的主语可以是人或物; 而go的主语多是物。
- 3.come的表语通常是形容词; become的表语可以是形容词、代词或名词(须加不定冠词); go和grow的表语为形容词; turn的表语可以是形容词或名词(不加不定冠词)。
- go, get
- We had hardly got here when it began to rain.我们刚刚到这儿就下雨了。
- I went to school yesterday.昨天我去学校了。
- The soldiers got over two hundred miles a day.士兵们一天就走完了200英里的路程。
- go, step, walk
- 这三个词都可表示“走路”,有时可以替换,如:Step〔Walk,Go〕 in, please.请进。其区别是：
- step着重举步、迈步; go表示从一处向另一处运动,指走路,也可指乘车,可用于人或其他动物; walk着重用双脚有规律地走路,亦快亦慢,只用于人。例如:
- He stepped back and gave me another look.他后退一步,又看了我一眼。
- I must go.我得走了。
- She walked with light steps.她走起来步态轻盈。
- go back, be back, come back, get back, return
- return与其他词相比有些书卷气; come back的意思是“回归”“回来”,指回到说话人所在的地方; go back指回到出发点,是一种非正式说法,常用于口语中; get back是回到原来的出发点; be back意为“回来了”,表示状态,是日常应用最广的非正式说法。例如:
- Did Duff come back?—Yes, he came back.达夫回来了吗?是的,他回来了。
- Now let's go back to the beginning of the page.现在让我们回到这页的开头。
- When he got back, he found that supper was over.当他回来的时候,他发现晚餐已经结束了。
- I'll be back next Saturday.我将在下个星期六回来。
- go for, send for
- 这两者所表达的意义不同:send for指派人或送信去请要请的人,也可用于遣人来取某物件; 而go for表示自己去取、去买、去请。例如:
- Please keep the suitcase until I send for it.
- 请把这只手提箱保存一下,等我派人 来取。
- Mother has gone for some medicine.
- go on foot, walk
- 1.walk是一般用语,只有因某种特殊要求,如需对照、强调等时,才用go on foot。例如:
- I prefer to go on foot.我宁愿步行。
- go out, put out
- go out用如不及物动词,意思是主体自行熄灭,其后不加宾语; 而put out是主体使客体(如灯、火等)熄灭,其后必须有宾语。试比较下面两个句子意思的不同：
- The lamp went out. 灯灭了。
- He put out the lamp. 他把灯关了。
- go to bed, get to sleep, sleep
- 这三者在意思上有所区别：sleep意为“睡着,入睡”; get to sleep意为“设法睡着”; go to bed意为“上床,就寝”。例如:
- I have slept for seven hours.我睡了7个小时了。
- I couldn't get to sleep last night.昨天晚上我无法入睡。
- I usually go to bed at ten.我通常10点就寝。
- go to bed late, sleep late
- 这两个短语在意思上有所差别：前者表示“起床晚”; 后者表示“睡得迟”。例如:
- He often sleeps late.他时常很晚才起床。
- I often go to bed late.我时常很晚才就寝。
- advance，progress，proceed，move on，go
- move on非正式用语，侧重从某一停止点向某地前进，但不表示前进的目的地。
- depart，leave，go，start，quit，set out
- set out书面用词。
误 He has gone to Beijing for a week.
正 It's a week since he went to Beijing.
正 He has been to Beijing for a week.
误 Let's go to dancing next week.
正 Let's go dancing next week.
析 表示“去从事某种活动”,通常应该说go v -ing,而不是go to- v 。类似的说法还有go shopping(去购物), go bathing(去洗澡), go swimming(去游泳), go hunting(去打猎), go shooting(去打猎)等。我回来时,我的车不见了。
误 When I came back, my car had gone.
正 When I came back, my car was gone.
析 当表示“某人或某物已消失,用完或不再存在”时,常用“be gone”的结构。当我们着眼于动作或动作的方向或目的地时,用“have gone”的结构。秋天到了,树叶变成棕色了。
误 Autumn comes and leaves get brown.
正 Autumn comes and leaves go brown.
析 go后面可以跟形容词来表示“变成”的意思,如 go red, go brown,这些表示颜色的词可以和go连用。但get一般不与表示颜色的词连用。他经常在星期天去看老师。
误 He often goes and sees his teachers on Sunday.
正 He often go and sees teachers on Sunday.
正 He often goes to see his teachers on Sunday.
析 在“go and+ v ”结构中, go只能是原形动词,不能用其他形式。如果go用其他形式,则要将“and+ v ”改为“go to do sth ”。他们全力以赴,投入这场斗争。
误 They went all out with the struggle.
正 They went all out for the struggle.
析 “全力以赴投入…”,可说go all out for sth,这里的for不可换用with。我困了,我要去睡觉了。
误 I am sleepy; I will go to sleep.
正 I am sleepy; I will go to bed.
析 go to bed和go to sleep都有“睡觉”的意思,但go to bed指“就寝”“上床去睡”的动作; 而“go to sleep”是指“入睡”“进入梦乡”的过程。休息片刻后,他们继续工作。
误 They went on their work after a short rest.
正 They went on with their work after a short rest.
析 go on表示“继续”时,不可直接接名词或代词,应该说go on with n./pron. 。尽管他们不断打扰,她还是继续讲下去。
误 She went on to talk despite their interruptions.
正 She went on talking despite their interruptions.
析 go on表示“继续”时,其后可接动名词,不可接动词不定式。这本是一所州立学校,但现在已经自立了。
误 This used to be a state school, but it has gone independently.
正 This used to be a state school, but it has gone independent.
误 He is going to a long journey.
正 He is going on a long journey.
析 “去(作一次)旅行”英语的表达是go on a journey,其中介词不可换为to。类似的短语还有go on a trip(去旅行), go on business(去办事), go on an errand(去出差), go on strike(罢工),等等。你知不知道比赛规则?我们一起复习一下。
误 Do you know the rules of the game?Let's go them over.
正 Do you know the rules of the game?Let's go over them.
析 go over作复习解时是“不及物动词+介词(短语)”构成的短语动词,其宾语(不管是名词还是代词)只能跟在介词之后,不能插在动词和介词之间。
误 Everyone is willing to make a go.
正 Everyone is willing to have a go.
正 Everyone is willing to have a try.
析 go用作名词,作“尝试”解时不和动词make搭配。可说have a go, have a try,也可说make an attempt。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的gan，意为去。